It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Captures Video Of Strange Explosion In The Sky

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by ikonoklast

I've got to say that it sure does look as if the orbiting object was either monitoring an explosion that it knew was
going to take place...The real kicker for me is the orbiting object...even if the explosion gets identified.

Or perhaps the orbiting object was directly responsible for the explosion itself??

As already stated it's a shame it's not a continuous video, but that doesn't take much away from this amazing footage...

Thanks OP for the post

lucky guy to be looking up at just the right moment..even if it's natural
Very interesting

Wishing Everyone a 6 hr & 12 min. early HAPPY NEW YEAR!!
edit on 31-12-2012 by wutz4tom because: typo

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   
OK so Phage hasnt been in to debunk it.....

That can only mean one thing.
It is actually Aliens!!!

Im scared

edit on 31/12/2012 by IkNOwSTuff because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Think I figured it out.

Watch the first minute and a half...

www.youtube.com...

link   
Never mind. Phage nailed it.

See his post

B
E
L
O
W

edit on 31-12-2012 by intrptr because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by IkNOwSTuff
OK so Phage hasnt been in to debunk it.....

That can only mean one thing.
It is actually Aliens!!!

Im scared

edit on 31/12/2012 by IkNOwSTuff because: (no reason given)

Buhaha

Sorry, I just couldn't help myself.

Yes, yes... It's FINALLY ALIENS!!!!!!!!

Boo, Boo... They blew them into dust....

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by facelift
reply to post by ikonoklast

Man Captures Video Of Strange Explosion In The Sky

This is a rare phenomenon where swamp gas, rocks, bugs, lens flares and light refraction mix with chemtrails, causing weird looking sh!t in the atmosphere.

That's about it...

hahaah.. lucky I swallowed that sip XD

Star for hilarious comment!

+92 more 
posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Compare to this:

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   
While this video is "interesting", I have a few problems with it.

The guy claimed "I caught an explosion in outer space".

Being somewhat familiar with astronomy and telescopes, there is no evidence that whatever he filmed happened "in outer space". Just by looking at the video to me it looks that the the object might be relatively close, not further than a plane. You can clearly see details, like debris floating around which makes it unlikely that he filmed something "in outer space"....the object might not even remotely be as distant as a satellite.

He (and the media reporting this) claims it's an "explosion". I watched the video quickly a few time but don't actually see an "explosion".

I see a large, condensed dot of "something" and some other, smaller dots nearby, and in the next shot I see all the "debris" floating (!) away....I do NOT see an actual explosion. If it were an explosion the pieces IN ALL LIKELIHOOD wouldn't float away like that. (I might be wrong there tho!)

We also don't know whether the large object was indeed one single object which got impacted by some sort of projectile or missile. The large object could actually be several small objects together, say, imagine a bunch of balloons or something else held together by a net. And then something happened where the smaller objects were all released - but a FAR SHOT from claiming it was an explosion of a single object - this is entirely speculative and it irks me that the report and the guy just assumes this.

My own theory is that it could be a) some sort of military exercise or (even more likely) b) some scientific, meteorologic project/test. I am sorry, but a) or b) sound much more plausible than simply stating an "explosion in outer space".

edit on 31-12-2012 by flexy123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
Compare to this:

I'm sold
i cant think or anything else after seeing those, nice post mate.
edit on 31-12-2012 by Mustard2243 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by PLASIFISK

You're wrong, we can't do a damn thing about space rocks.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Weather balloon, as Phage pointed out. Satellites move awfully fast across the sky and I don't see this guy moving his telescope while filming with his phone to catch what was shown so well. He just happened to point his telescope in the right place at the right time...or he knew there was going to be a balloon there and thought he'd get 15 minutes of fame by claiming to have stumbled upon a war in low-earth orbit or something.

+8 more 
posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

How the hell do you know what to look for

Did you see it and go "Yep thats one of them exploding weather balloons"
Is there some atmospheric anomaly database you go through to look for the best match?

Serious question, be honest I wont tell anyone...

Are you an MIB?

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dividuality
Think I figured it out.

Watch the first minute and a half...

www.youtube.com...

The killer mini satellite possibility at about 1:10 is interesting. Anyone know how to find out if any satellites have gone missing?

+68 more 
posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by IkNOwSTuff

Did you see it and go "Yep thats one of them exploding weather balloons"

Yep.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by IkNOwSTuff

MIB is the only good explanation. Dude knows more about every subject scientifically than anyone I have ever come across. I asked what he did for a living one time and he ignored me, lol.

Which is fine. Don't pinpoint my location and destroy me, Phage.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   
I like this comment below the article......

Looks like telescope pointed at Jupiter. At 5:28 PM 12-20-12,the Russian satellite SL-14R/B visually passed the region of Jupiter. Because of its orbit and rotation, this satellite can produce what is termed a "flare" (a rapid change in brightness similar to the Iridium satellite flares).

sacramento.cbslocal.com...

Those pesky Russians!

+31 more 
posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP
Sometimes we are wrong. For example, I wasn't expecting such a useless comment from you, although that could be expected from some new member not used to ATS.

Fair enough.

Was that reply even on topic?

+53 more 
posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

But you were right. Except for the swamp gas and except for the Chinese lantern and except for Venus.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by kdog1982
I like this comment below the article......

Looks like telescope pointed at Jupiter. At 5:28 PM 12-20-12,the Russian satellite SL-14R/B visually passed the region of Jupiter. Because of its orbit and rotation, this satellite can produce what is termed a "flare" (a rapid change in brightness similar to the Iridium satellite flares).

sacramento.cbslocal.com...

Those pesky Russians!

It will need SPECTACULAR good optical equipment to even get the ISS in view so that its shape is halfway visible. I remember some guy here on the forum with a 9" Celestron and a camera who posted some awesome pics and videos. (The other problem is that the scope of course must be tracking since the ISS would move fast).

Now, the ISS is huge...and your average satellite is tiny in comparison! There is no fricking way that someone with some random telescope and shooting through a crappy phone (!!) would capture a satellite, let alone that the footage would show individual pieces of a satellite "that exploded". This alone makes the theory he captures a "satellite" extremely, extremely unlikely.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
But you were right. Except for the swamp gas and except for the Chinese lantern and except for Venus.

So the weather balloon is correct.
Thanks for straitening it out for us.

:

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join