It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video Palestinians want removed from youtube

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by NarrowGate

The catholic church is god's church really
It supported Hitler at the start of the war. Then there is Jasenovac backed and condened by the vatican. If you belong to this church you support and condone the pope and the vatican. They are just copying the god of the old testament to further their agenda. Didnt the bible say you will know them by their fruits.

A couple kids playing football is really gods concern on either side.If God created the whole planet why would he make a small part of land on a little speck of dust in the universe so important. It doesnt make sense. On the grand scheme of things this is pretty pathetic
In case you dont want to read here is a couple of videos on the your beloved catholic church.

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by celticdog

Catholic means Universal as in for EVERYONE it is a hospital for sick people.

The Pope did not back the Nazis, and Catholic priests can fall to Satan (duh? didn't we learn anything from the Bible. Just because they fall to Satan does not take away their authority from God....Scribes and Pharisees of the NT still had authority).

A world leader meets with a world leader and you find some guys dressed up in roman outfits with the reich and suddenly the Church is not God's Church? Yes the Pope met with Hitler, along with every other major world power(duh?).

Provide evidence that the Pope SUPPORTED NAZIS. Evidence. Of Actual. Support. This is chess not checkers or did you forget?
edit on 1-1-2013 by NarrowGate because: (no reason given)

BTW Hitler was not Catholic you gullible man. It is called PROPAGANDA. Of course he wanted Christians on his side.... SO does Satan who tricked St. Peter even.
edit on 1-1-2013 by NarrowGate because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 05:16 PM
link   

All I can do now is just shake my head in disbelief. The evidence stares you right in the face and yet you deny it. Hitler was brought catholic but wasn't a very good one.
catholicexchange.com...

Atheism is the only world-view or religious view that is not tolerated within the SS.

-Heinrich Himmler, (from Peter Longerich's Heinrich Himmler, cited from wikipedia.org)
Himmler was catholic as well. All the top guys were catholic except for a couple of them
catholicarrogance.org...

www.nobeliefs.com...

If you look at the history of the popes they did everything from incest to murder of family members,genicide,fraud and pedophilia
As I said before the fruits and I grew up in Northern Ireland so I have first hand examples of both catholic and protestant priest that are as bad as each other. Nothing good or loving or shiny examples of christ about them. I can keep going with loads of this stuff to prove the catholic church is not gods church but I would go cross eyed.

You didnt mention anything about Jasenovac
jasenovac.org...

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 05:32 PM
link   

This is dumb, they aren't "pointing their behinds" at the dome of the rock. They are praying towards Mecca. So you support Israel because a book tells you to. Does it say to support their government? What do Jewish people going to Israel have to do with Israel having a corrupt government.

I like Jewish people, I know plenty, but I don't support Israel's government because they are war hungry.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 12:12 AM
link   
reply to post by sk0rpi0n

Yeah, the FREE SPEECH which you speak of basically allows one to insult Jesus.
Its also the same "free speech" that allows atheists to insult Jesus. In that case, you really shouldn't be complaining about atheists. You should be cheering atheists on as they use "free speech" to insult Jesus.

Nah, Jesus said you could speak against the Son of Man but not against the Holy Spirit, because that is the one sin he would not forgive.

Matthew 12:31-32

31 “Therefore I say to you, every sin and blasphemy will be forgiven men, but the blasphemy against the Spirit will not be forgiven men. 32 Anyone who speaks a word against the Son of Man, it will be forgiven him; but whoever speaks against the Holy Spirit, it will not be forgiven him, either in this age or in the age to come.

They can insult him all they want, the Romans did far worse to him than cast insults at him and he forgave them. If they insult Jesus then it comes from ignorance, no one knowing what he has done for them can speak ill of him.

Luke 23:34 Then Jesus said, “Father, forgive them, for they do not know what they do.”

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 01:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcouncil=wisdom

(I took a bit to look into this, isn't it more about facing the Kaaba where the black stone is located than that Mohammed was born there? Even more so an act of idol worship...praying to a stone

They don't pray to a stone. The stone just happens to be a relic in Islam. The Kaaba is a holy site and is a point of focus in prayer for Muslims.
Kind of like how the Israelites had their ark of the covenant. The object was considered sacred, but it was not itself worshiped.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 01:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcouncil=wisdom

This is actually a common misconception. They do not directly worship the kaaba, they simply use it as a focal point for their prayers. It was, according to islamic belief, built by Abraham and his son, Ishmael. The black stone apparently fell from the heavens and was given to Abraham by an angel or something or another. It is believed that it was once pure and white but was corrupted by the sin by the descendants of Adam.

On the other hand, structures such as these are also believed to come from a time of paganism, although Muslims believe this to be the oldest mosque currently in existence.

I do not agree with the hate that Muslims, Christians, or any other religion have for paganism as most of their beliefs are evolved from paganism. It is quite contradictory. The main point is, if you are to condemn Muslims for such things, then you should have an open enough mind to see that many other beliefs are guilty of the same thing, rather than singling out Muslims due to your personal distaste for them.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 01:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by sk0rpi0n
reply to post by ProphetABK

Just as Islam also believes in Jesus as being a prophet (not the messiah),

Incorrect.
Islam recognizes Jesus as the Messiah and the word of God.
Only Jesus has the title Isa al-Masih in Islam... meaning Jesus the Messiah.

It is my fault for not providing more context for my statement. Jesus was a messiah in the sense that he was sent to lead the Israeli's/Jewish on a righteous path of God. But the term Messiah has evolved in different ways through Judaism and Christianity. In the Jewish sense the "Messiah" would fulfill the prophecy of restoring the Jewish temple and restoring the Jewish people back to their lands and what not, preceding the end of days.

In Christianity the concept of the "Messiah" refers to Jesus being the direct son of God, and in some branches of belief an extension of God himself. This is not the case in the Islamic view of Isa(Jesus). He was born from a miracle conception through the virgin Mary, but this was simply because God made it happen, not that he implanted his own "seed" into her.

And yes, Jesus is a prophet in Islam, this cannot be disputed. The terms messiah and prophet can have different perceptions and variables to take into consideration amongst the three Abrahamic religions.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 04:47 AM
link   

As relating to the facing toward the city where Mohammed was born being equal to the ancient tradition of facing toward the City of God's Temple: I see a huge difference betwene the two...in one case you are recognizing Gods organization and his House, on the other you are assigning undue honor/importance to a man.

Important than that! Abraham and Ishmael built it after God told them where to build it. They were given the Black stone by an angel there. The Kaaba is the first mosque ever built. That is what makes it so important.

(I took a bit to look into this, isn't it more about facing the Kaaba where the black stone is located than that Mohammed was born there? Even more so an act of idol worship...praying to a stone...however I do see how my veiwpoint can come accross as hypocritical, so just so you know I don't pray towards Jeruselem, where Gods physical temple used to be, I focus my prayers towards his hevenly temple, because the things of this world are physical, the things of God are spiritual 1 Peter 2:5)

I don't know how standing in the direction of the Kaaba means your worshiping it. Anyway, I've been taught when worshipping to focus on only God. I don't know if other people do the same thing but that's what I've been taught.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by celticdog

We just went over this same topic. God's priests are tested and fall just like us - they even have to go to confession just like us. When they get sick - they use dollar store tissue! No they must not be a part of God's Church.

Any of us can fall to Satan, yourself included so stay on your toes.

edit: You make bold claims with absolutely zero proof. Dead 0. When has a Pope been involved in any of those things, and can you provide a link to a *CREDIBLE* source that has a source for it's info as well? Let's just work on the credible source part for now.
edit on 17-1-2013 by NarrowGate because: (no reason given)

Didn't we JUST go over the PROPAGANDA thing about Catholics and Nazi's...biggest Church in the world......come on your not this simple I know it. You have a grudge or something, because I know this logic is very simple. It is I swear it is, am I tripping? People surely are gullible.... and easy to control..... If I were an evil man bent on world domination..... You follow me right? Please tell me you understand now. If you do not understand, you are trying to not understand.
edit on 17-1-2013 by NarrowGate because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 02:00 PM
link   

You need to practice talking to secular / non-believers. When you speak like that, it is sort of a turn off, and this coming from a rock solid believer.

---

Why must we go to confession? You got me confused.

---
Wait, I see. You're a Catholic. Not that there aren't true believers in Catholicism.
edit on 17-1-2013 by milkyway12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 02:30 PM
link   
If we have tied "prophecies" with Israel or not we are supposed to be keeping religion, not to mention other countries problems out of our problem list...

The video is obviously biased, and if you support what Israel is doing you support violent zionism, which is tyranny.

Without using any religious terminology, please explain the legitimacy of Israel, and what they are doing.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by violence=answer

Why should Israel not do it?

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by milkyway12

You need to practice talking to secular / non-believers. When you speak like that, it is sort of a turn off, and this coming from a rock solid believer.

---

Why must we go to confession? You got me confused.

---
Wait, I see. You're a Catholic. Not that there aren't true believers in Catholicism.

turn off? you can not turn someone into a believer who is dead set on believing the Church conspired with the Nazi's to take over the world and kill Jews without sternly reminding them to use logic. While there may have been some in the Church, the Pope was definitely not one of them.

As for your questions about confession - go read it in the Catechism. Regardless of your denomination the Church has preserved the Scripture that other denominations proceeded to add to and take away from. Maybe you should look at what the Church teaches, instead of asking me. We do have a Catechism nowadays and it can be found online.

Why do you think you do not need confession? Oh wait, your protestant.. not that there aren't true believers in protestant denominations... see it goes both ways but without Catholic's the protestants would have never been.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by violence=answer
If we have tied "prophecies" with Israel or not we are supposed to be keeping religion, not to mention other countries problems out of our problem list...

The video is obviously biased, and if you support what Israel is doing you support violent zionism, which is tyranny.

Without using any religious terminology, please explain the legitimacy of Israel, and what they are doing.

I support the Jewish people. I do not support every Jewish person. I do not support them just because of the prophecy, I support them because of what they have been through and what is to come.

To me it is simple: I may not support what Israel does all of the time but that city belongs to Israel. I support the people of Israel and their right to Jerusalem.

The video may be biased, but it might not be which is why I made the thread - to get opinions of people that know more about it.

One thing is certain - whether or not I support Israel is not going to change the prophecy and it's guaranteed fulfillment.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 04:41 PM
link   

I don't want to go to far off topic, but I don't think you understand your own belief's history or Protestant's history. Also, you do not confess your sins to be forgiven. If you are born again, you are blameless, and already forgiven. The Holy Spirit seals your soul upon salvation.

However, you ask forgiveness for your sins to come into agreement with God. You are apologizing and acknowledging your mistakes. Every sin you commit grieves God's spirit. You are apologizing, reiterated, because you love him. It also helps you to conquer hinderances in your relationship with God.

You are already forgiven and saved.

So, you can go to confession all day long, but the priest cannot absolve you of anything. He doesn't need too, and is not worthy.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 04:48 PM
link   

I don't want to go to far off topic, but I don't think you understand your own belief's history or Protestant's history. Also, you do not confess your sins to be forgiven. If you are born again, you are blameless, and already forgiven. The Holy Spirit seals your soul upon salvation.

However, you ask forgiveness for your sins to come into agreement with God. You are apologizing and acknowledging your mistakes. Every sin you commit grieves God's spirit. You are apologizing, reiterated, because you love him. It also helps you to conquer hinderances in your relationship with God.

You are already forgiven and saved.

Uh... are you talking to yourself? I understand my own beliefs history and how protestants came to be, and how the Catholic Church severely over reacted and created a rift that would last until present day.

Protestant = protest of the Church.

I am only familiar with Baptists and Catholics though (that's my family).

Friendship with God should be above all things, and the Church does not teach any different. I am not sure what you mean by born again - do you mean born again of water and of the spirit(aka baptized)? If so, are you saying that it is then impossible to fall out of grace?

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 04:52 PM
link   

By the way, Protestants broke away because of the Catholics false doctrine.
Yes, you cannot lose your salvation.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 08:31 PM
link   

By the way, Protestants broke away because of the Catholics false doctrine.
Yes, you cannot lose your salvation.

Well, we are getting off topic now. If you would like, we could continue this in U2U. The Church does not teach any false doctrine and you can indeed lose your salvation to the best of our knowledge. Of course, we can not know for certain who is in Hell and the Church does not teach any different than that. I could tell you that you have fallen victim to false teaching, but you would not believe me. U2U me and maybe I can show you; I fell victim to false teachings too and for many years.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 09:38 PM
link   

It doesnt have to be about the nazis.( I guess you didnt check out the catholic link) I was just using it as it is resent history. I dont fall short and order thousands of people to be killed. There is a difference the catholic church is evil.I dont have a grudge I just see hipocracy at its finiest from the catholic church. So no way it is gods church if there is just a thing because every religion claims the same thing.
Have you even checked out the history of the Popes from the beginning. You should read the Vicars of Christ. The dark side of the Papacy by Peter de Rosa. Also read the two babylons by Rev Hislop it might actually open your eyes.

Hey if you dont want to see it ,carry on as you are. I have nothing else to say.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join