It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You thought Connecticut shooting was bad... Consider what you allow every day.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Not being insensitive about the shooting, just something to think about.

About 16,000 children die every day from hunger, while we (I'm including myself) drive around in our cars and drink beer while watching football on our flat screens.

www.bread.org...

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Fact: Beonce gives jay--z five million dollar watch for christmas!!!! How many hungry kids do u think that would feed? I could not even imagine having five million! But on tv allisa milano ask the poor people of the world for just two quaters a day!! Allissa milano=millionaire
edit on 30-12-2012 by yeti72 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 10:23 PM
link   
so we should give all of our spare money to the children so they can eat? or better we should deny power to those who steal food from the mouths of every human being on earth including you and me. They have stolen our future from us and we let them do it every day.

Tell us how we solve the problem of greed and corruption and I can tell you how to solve hunger.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Who are the "you" you refer to....?

How much money do you send away to help feed them?

How many people on your streets do you help each year?

Oh... and what family did you give $400 of food vouchers to this year?

Please reply, we;d like to know.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by pacifier2012
Who are the "you" you refer to....?

How much money do you send away to help feed them?

How many people on your streets do you help each year?

Oh... and what family did you give $400 of food vouchers to this year?

Please reply, we;d like to know.

I included myself in the guilty party in the OP...
And whatever I do it is not so i can come here and toot my horn.

Matthew 6:2
New King James Version (NKJV)
2 Therefore, when you do a charitable deed, do not sound a trumpet before you as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and in the streets, that they may have glory from men. Assuredly, I say to you, they have their reward.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Go to a local church or homeless shelter and volunteer. There is a need out there but start LOCAL. Don't give money to big charity or hell, buy those cancer bracelets. Go to a local childrens cancer center and you can help. The main thing is to do it locally. I do not allow it. There is no reason to.

Hold a door. Be patient. Simple acts can go a long way but you find yourself more and more apologizing to someone who bumped into you while looking at their smart phone. We are all guilty but you can make a difference.

It is rewarding and maybe you can make a difference in someones life.

www.wastedfood.com...

Do one in your community!

edit on 30-12-2012 by esdad71 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Look at the gap omong wealth in this country and ask yourself where the real problem lies.There are people in this country who pay thousands for thier pipe and slippers to be there when needed.They are some of the same people who are asking the american public to do thier part in saving the planet!!

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 11:13 PM
link   
You can't fix greed and corruption, you can only change your own actions.

You shouldn't require others to do good before you do.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 11:40 PM
link   
If everyone would just help out any way they can locally in their communities, the entire world would be a better place because it would be happening all over the world.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 01:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by iSHRED
Not being insensitive about the shooting, just something to think about.

About 16,000 children die every day from hunger, while we (I'm including myself) drive around in our cars and drink beer while watching football on our flat screens.

www.bread.org...

You are attempting to create a false connection between me enjoying me life and others not enjoying theirs. There is no connection. Never has been, never will be.

I didn't create the world we live in. I was just born into it. Guilt, which you seem to be suffering from, is the most useless human emotion.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 02:47 AM
link   
reply to post by yeti72

Yes,i find it sick that some people will buy their spouse a 5million dollar watch-stupid,actually,but then,some people obviously have a psychological need to overindulge to such preposterous lengths.Either way,it IS her money,she legally earned it,she may spend it in any legal way she wants to-and we don't know-maybe she and JayZ gives an equal amount,or more,in donations to charities they see fit to support?Anyway the point is:as usual,its up to the poor,to help out the even poorer.I see it around me very often-the poor helping out those poorer than themselves because the rich are too busy enjoying what they have to give a stuff about others.And like another member said:THINK LOCAL.If we all try to pitch in+help even one family or individual,its already a big step forward.The rich will,as a rule with few exceptions,not move a finger to help-so its up to the average/poor Joe or Jill.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Children starving to death as an epidemic? I don't care. If you can't feed them don't breed them. Compassion is encouraging these people not to have children so they do not starve to begin with.

The only group I feel sorry for and will help are those families who are down on their luck: those that lose their job or home. It is a temporary thing.

Poverty as a lifestyle? Pass. I won't help it along.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by sconner755

You are attempting to create a false connection between me enjoying me life and others not enjoying theirs. There is no connection. Never has been, never will be.

I didn't create the world we live in. I was just born into it. Guilt, which you seem to be suffering from, is the most useless human emotion.

I am not trying to make you stop enjoying life and i do not feel guilt about children dieing. I am merely saying, 20 kids died in connecticut and it is sad, but 16,000 die every day, who don't get spoken about on the news, dont get memorials, dont get threads on ATS.

And the overall point i was making is everyone goes around (not so much on ATS) saying how bad the killer is, but in all actuality, we all do bad things.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Las Vegas hotels could house and Feed all the homeless in Vegas At no extra cost but they would rather give it to pigs and let 10,000 rooms go empty.

"Send two starving men in the woods and they will emerge together bellies full, send two rich people in the woods and they will both starve on opposite ends of the woods watching each other die.
edit on 31-12-2012 by marbles87 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 02:42 AM
link   
reply to post by yeti72

I looked for this thread just so I could reply to this comment.

If that's really true, that makes me physically ill.

I mean seriously, how could any sane person walk around with some useless jewelry, knowing that watch could feed thousands of people? I mean how, how could any sane rational person live like that?

The only conclusion I can come up with is that these people are devoid of consciousnesses (like my avatar, pat bateman) and they need jewelry to fill up their materialistic soulless self.

Not one sane person in the world would walk around with a 5 million dollar watch. It's basically giving a big middle finger to all the people starving world wide.

God damn I hate these materialistic soulless yuppie flesh bodies...

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kang69
reply to post by yeti72

I looked for this thread just so I could reply to this comment.

If that's really true, that makes me physically ill.

I mean seriously, how could any sane person walk around with some useless jewelry, knowing that watch could feed thousands of people? I mean how, how could any sane rational person live like that?

The only conclusion I can come up with is that these people are devoid of consciousnesses (like my avatar, pat bateman) and they need jewelry to fill up their materialistic soulless self.

Not one sane person in the world would walk around with a 5 million dollar watch. It's basically giving a big middle finger to all the people starving world wide.

God damn I hate these materialistic soulless yuppie flesh bodies...

Thats not the way to look at it though, nothing changes when you point fingers. For the cost of your car you could feed 10 kids for a year and allow them to keep living, but driving is more important than their lives. Every man/woman should look inside themselves for pride/greed and do anything possible to remove it. I am not holier than thou, i as well am guilty of pride and greed.

I just said it but ill say it again, nothing changes when you point fingers.

top topics

join