It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Smartest Man in America says God exists

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by NihilistSanta

Originally posted by grainofsand

reply to post by grainofsand

I assumed that you might be a student of philosophy but apparently not. Perhaps when you have a firmer grasp on logic and rhetoric we will finish this conversation. Apparently you want a convenient answer which is just not logical. You have no parameters for God so you would not recognize the evidence when presented with it.

If you assert there is a god then you have to remember that it is a faith based position which you are unable to provide evidence for.
I do not assert there are no gods, as such an assertion could not be supported with conclusive evidence.
If one asserts 'there are gods' then the burden of proof is on their shoulders alone.

This might sound new age-ish but can you draw a feeling? You have feelings no one denies that. Can you give me evidence for your feelings? Would a child be evidence of a feeling of love between you and your spouse? You would say that you do indeed have evidence for these feelings. God can not be quantified scientifically. You are limiting yourself in your thinking because you have effectively put blinders on which only allow you to see things which have been filtered through limited observation. I say limited because the observations are only as good as the tool and still requires interpretation. If you had a tool that could view everything simultaneously then you could make an emphatic declaration but instead its more like the childs game from magazines where you see a piece of an image. "Hmm its brownish, has crags and fissures. Must be the surface of mars!" only we zoom back to see its a close up picture of Danny Trejo's face. Your reasoning was sound but your perspective was wrong.

You do not need scientific experts to make logical conclusions. I did not have to wait til I took biology to find out that if I cant take in oxygen I die. Life is a byproduct of a creator. It is not some statistical anomaly which sprang from nothing. To believe that requires far more leaps of faith and denials of logic.

Again, just faith based theory
edit on 30-12-2012 by grainofsand because: To add 'faith based'

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by PaperbackWriter

Oh, so you can acknowledge that something as relatively non-complex as a house needs a designer and a builder and materials created to facilitate it's construction, but allow for none of that in the creation of
a living, breathing, reproductive animal, plant or human?

That is astounding.

I made no such assertion, perhaps quote me next time for ease of debate.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   
no i didnt.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by NihilistSanta

Laughter" Proof of feeling happy

Tears : Proof of feeling unhappy

Yelling : Proof of feelings of anger.

Shaking and trembling : Proof of fear

Your point again is???????

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   
In relation to the thread title.
I agree.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by PaperbackWriter

To create a human all I have to do is _uck. I did it three times. Three perfect male children. No planning went into it just a good ol boffing.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
reply to post by karen61560

Yeah? I'm willing to accept that that is your opinion. I'd also like to state that there's a distinct possibility that a divine law (and by divine, I mean "order despite chaos") that enables the existence of every other law that currently keeps our existence in motion. No bearded dude in the sky, no conscious entity anxiously watching us inside his/her magical crystal ball, just a law of physics so subtle that it's barely traceable, and yet is necessary for every single law we have so far discovered.

Whaddaya think?

If you are talking quamtum physics and an observer than I am on board as that can be proven. And hey isnt that amazing enough for most folks. We need an eye in the sky too.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   

This might sound new age-ish but can you draw a feeling?

Of course you can!

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by randomname

Almost every religion has Love thy neighbor as you love yourself as its corner stone and yet we still war over whos God is more powerful and which religion is the right one.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   

It is all theory. Very little is axiomatic but we EXIST. Show me anything that exist that wasn't created. Should be a fairly common occurrence since your THEORY states everything we know sprang into being this way. You ask for evidence and I cite life. You wont accept the evidence because you would have to take a macro-cosmic view which you currently cant do or refuse to because it supports the idea of a creator. It has design, and it has purpose. Form and Function.

Continue to take the reductionist view put forth by others makes no difference to me but to keep on topic I find it strange that the majority of the Greatest Minds have gravitated toward some unified theory for life and the universe. Isaac Newton for instance or Pythagoras. These aren't just some MIT or Oxford professor regurgitating ideas. These are the originators of real scientific thought.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by kaylaluv

You wont because she has none. Its her faith she is putting forth for you to believe. Nothing more.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by karen61560
reply to post by randomname

Almost every religion has Love thy neighbor as you love yourself as its corner stone and yet we still war over whos God is more powerful and which religion is the right one.

I subscribe to the same intention, just mine doesn't involve the advice of any gods, only a human realisation that if everyone thought the same the world would be far nicer.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by karen61560

Laughter" Proof of feeling happy

Tears : Proof of feeling unhappy

Yelling : Proof of feelings of anger.

Shaking and trembling : Proof of fear

Your point again is???????

If you had bothered to read the post rather than fill yourself with concern for an erroneous feeling of superiority you would have taken in the point of the post. I can provide a counter to all of your examples which would prove you wrong but it would not further the conversation. You only further illustrate how your self assured facts are subject to perspective. I guess you have never been so happy you cried though?

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   

They lived in a time where religion and law were one and the same. There was no law outside of the church in those days.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   

How did God spring into being?

If something cannot spring into being out of nothing, then we'd have to admit that same principle about God. Proponents of the big bang also find it hard to believe something sprang out of nothing. They just know that their calculations cannot go any further.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   

It is all theory. Very little is axiomatic but we EXIST. Show me anything that exist that wasn't created. Should be a fairly common occurrence since your THEORY states everything we know sprang into being this way. You ask for evidence and I cite life. You wont accept the evidence because you would have to take a macro-cosmic view which you currently cant do or refuse to because it supports the idea of a creator. It has design, and it has purpose. Form and Function.

Continue to take the reductionist view put forth by others makes no difference to me but to keep on topic I find it strange that the majority of the Greatest Minds have gravitated toward some unified theory for life and the universe. Isaac Newton for instance or Pythagoras. These aren't just some MIT or Oxford professor regurgitating ideas. These are the originators of real scientific thought.

As I said, the onus of proof is on the ones who make assertions.
Regardless though, none of the theistic theories could be considered proof.
...and how could you comment on any theory I may have as I have not asserted that there are no gods, just (again) the evidence is lacking.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   
being the smartest man in america is not much of a recommendation considering how long most ( and some have yet to awake ) of them took to awake to the real truth of 911.

and his idea that god is real is as reliable as the concept in your mind.

if our minds are part of god but not the big bit he is still stuck in duality.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   

You're going to prove to me that laughter is not proof of happiness? Ok yeah I laugh out of place sometimes and its nervous laughter and yes I have cried at weddings and I am happy. You said you cant prove feelings and I showed you that you can. You can call it black if you want but its white.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by LesMisanthrope
reply to post by intrptr

Not really.

en.wikipedia.org...

Oh, I thought you were talking about since the rise of man. We are responsible for the slow death of the biosphere today. With no end in sight. In fact the more "evolved" we become the worse a place this is (for life).

In your extinction events there is always some life "left over" to begin again?

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   

My feelings of superiority are not erroneous.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join