It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Smartest Man in America says God exists

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by windword

Who created the creator?

Thats like asking how old is the Universe or where does it end?

We don't know.

Edit: Its okay not to know, you know.
edit on 30-12-2012 by intrptr because: additionaL..

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by NihilistSantaGod can not be proven objectively its only when you merge logic and intuition that you

...kill the logic which does not rely on predefined faith based assumptions.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by grainofsand

Originally posted by unityemissions
reply to post by grainofsand

All I can say is your logic has failed you.

Please try again.
edit on 30-12-2012 by unityemissions because: (no reason given)

An interesting assertion, perhaps if you explained why you think that way we could explore it further.

For starters, try unchopping the fragment you quoted and reading the whole sentence I wrote.

I'm not interested in further communications with you. Your bias reeks a stench I can't bare.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by NihilistSanta

My point exactly

A single piece of art can convey many different emotions or feelings

But only one was intended by it's creator.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by clay2 baraka

That's exactly as I see it. "God" is simply the larger organism. Our scale in relation to this larger organism is unknown, but my best guess is that we are very small.. When I think of this larger host/god organism, a fractal structure comes to mind.
edit on 12/30/2012 by clay2 baraka because: (no reason given)

Who said anything about the larger organism being a god? I'm thinking maybe something like a cow. Whatever the creature is, it must have blood. Blood is 55% water, and water has hydrogen in it. Our universe is loaded with hydrogen. Of course, the connection I'm making is pure conjecture.

Contents of Blood
Discovery of H2, in Space Explains Dark Matter and Redshift

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by LesMisanthrope

So many misunderstandings I agree. Mistaking localization for falsity. The ancients saw the connections in nature and described it to the best of their understanding. You are saying that as our understanding increases we are pushing god out of the universe but in all actuality every stone we look under we find evidence of God this evidence is in the connectivity. The dying mentality is the fatalist who believes in no meaning because its post modern and trendy. I am renewed daily when I see the countless threads connecting us all.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrptr
reply to post by windword

Who created the creator?

Thats like asking how old is the Universe or where does it end?

We don't know.

Edit: Its okay not to know, you know.
edit on 30-12-2012 by intrptr because: additionaL..

it is still a valid question.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by grainofsand

reply to post by grainofsand

All I can say is your logic has failed you.

Please try again.

An interesting assertion, perhaps if you explained why you think that way we could explore it further.

For starters, try unchopping my quote and reading the whole sentence.

I'm not interested in trying to teach you anything more. Your bias reeks.

If you imply that your argument lacks substance I would absolutely understand such a statement.
If you wish to present 'evidence' of a flaw in my stated discussion, please do not feel discouraged from continuing, I enjoy friendly debate.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Runciter33

Someone may have already mentioned this, but even if so, it definitely bears repeating, as it is a scriptural basis for what the protagonist in your OP, and myself (through independent deduction, arriving at slightly different conclusions) have determined regarding the nature of the cosmos, and Mankind's place within it:

ACTS 17:28

28 For in him we live and move and exist. As some of your own poets have said, ‘We are his offspring.’

I've been part of Baptist offshoot churches for over ten years, and am a charismatic evangelical in technical terms. I might be considered fundamentalist by some, but I have a lot of respect for anyone who looks at the Book of Genesis, the history of Judaic wisdom etc, and says: ''There's more here to be seen - this isn't supposed to be literal... There are mysteries left to be uncovered - it's littered with hints and clues, and even in the exoteric reading of the text, some of it makes little to no sense, unless you think 'outside the box'..''

A guy called Stan Tenen has picked up on some important fundamental principles of the hidden wisdom in the Hebrew language - in the letterform/alphabet structure itself. I've been researching carefully into the principles involved, and while I totally disagree with most of Tenen's conclusions (he is quite self-involved, and hopes to make a name for himself as the man who unified all the world's faith groups - despite the fact that he has totally ignored the entirely unique nature of the Judaic source material upon which he bases his tenuous extrapolations, and that he TOTALLY ignores ANY connection to Christianity, Judaic prophecies (etc) - because to do so would invalidate his position as an orthodox Jew..) - I strongly concur with his initial conclusion - that the mathematics (most noticeably, topology) behind the Hebrew language makes the language itself appear to be a complex, purpose-designed alphabet, suitable for disguising high metaphysical/ spiritual/ scientific data within seemingly mythological text - possibly even useful for complex multi-tier programming.. (Think of the opening line of John's gospel - ''In the beginning was the Word... through Him was everything made that was made'') It is interesting to consider the synchronicity of the recent resurfacing of a highly interesting/ potentially paradigm-shifting topic right here on ATS in the past few days -

We live in a Computer Simulation!!!? Code of reality found, same as in your PC [sic]

NB - I do not consider Reality to be any less 'Real' or 'Spiritual', simply because 'virtual/ holographic' aspects of its inherent nature have been discovered.

I do not have much time for anyone who claims that the Book of Genesis is a literal work, and actually walked out of church the week before Christmas, because the visiting speaker began rambling about what happened on each literal day of creation. I couldn't bring myself to listen, and was quite conflicted about the whole thing. I went outside for a cigarette, prayed in tongues for a while, and felt a bit better. Rather than simply argue with other Christians, or leave church (where I have a connection with God, & good friends), I've plans to write a Christian treatise on the hidden symbolism of the Hebraic language & Torah - as well as works related to the Sumerian/Babylonian/Indian & pre-Incan (etc) legends of 'sky-gods'. This literal worldwide issue with the 'Genesis blinkers' approach to the origins of the Universe, Solar System, Mankind (& even the possibility of other races elsewhere in the cosmos) I hope will be overturned by a revolution in Christian thought, soon. I aim to follow the personal guidance & intuitions I'm given, in order to aid a transition from superstition/ fear of heresy, into a more open, tolerant, accepting & scientifically plausible Christianity.

Don't get me wrong, I live by the ordinary exoteric Judeo-Christian principles as far as humanly possible. I'm certainly not a disconnected mystic - such people often misadvise others, claiming that the exoteric values/practice of Judeo-Christian tradition are irrelevant, and that there is no need to belong to an organised body of (fairly) like-minded believers. Wherever possible, it is wise to live within the fellowship of a church, if you hold to the Judeo-Christian philosophies, or simply revere Christ. It is easier to find connection to the Almighty if you train yourself by the discipline of practice, and the enjoyment of shared interest. Lively churches have remained successful, in the face of religious decline, simply because the formula is socially/ spiritually healthy, and can be socially/ spiritually very blessed & enjoyable too.

edit on 30-12-2012 by FlyInTheOintment because: addressing presentation issues..

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by marvinthemartian

it is still a valid question.

Oh absolutely. If God "pings" you, you'll know it.

your avatar.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   
It isn't about being "smart" or "smarter" that we know these things. IQ stands for "Intelligence Quotient"?

Sounds quantum to me. That catch all about the stuff we don't know yet?

If we measure the intelligence of someone against a test that measures how much we know or that measures if we can figure out from what we know, then the test misses the mark.

The mark is not knowledge but wisdom.

King Solomon said it best:

"Of writing books there is no end, and knowledge is much weariness to the soul."

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

Thank you kindly sir.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

I can't claim a 195 IQ, having only 150 according to the tests I did a while back - and some would say my lack of common sense is astounding at times; however, as per your post, IQ is not a measure of total intellect capability. It is a measure only of the ability to logically deduct/infer, and includes naught by way of a measure of one's intuitive/creative reasoning powers. A combination of creative & logical thought is often required to address complex issues; an ability to think laterally, and non-spatially, in addition to simple 'forwards & backwards' thinking.

Hopefully that makes sense..? M'eh.

Happy New Year to you, and to all on ATS (regardless of whether 2013 is the year in which 'we the people' solve the riddle of the [Universal] Source & Guiding Hand, or the material origins, spiritual 'meaning' & ultimate potential of Human Life...)

"These three remain [when all is said and done] - Faith, Hope & Love. And love is the greatest..."

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyInTheOintment

And a happy new year to you sir

May it be your best one yet.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Biigs

Perhaps he's just smart enough to know that God is a good idea, rather than actually real.

Or as some people would say....... a Good Orderly Direction.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj

Originally posted by clay2 baraka

That's exactly as I see it. "God" is simply the larger organism. Our scale in relation to this larger organism is unknown, but my best guess is that we are very small.. When I think of this larger host/god organism, a fractal structure comes to mind.
edit on 12/30/2012 by clay2 baraka because: (no reason given)

Who said anything about the larger organism being a god? I'm thinking maybe something like a cow. Whatever the creature is, it must have blood. Blood is 55% water, and water has hydrogen in it. Our universe is loaded with hydrogen. Of course, the connection I'm making is pure conjecture.

Contents of Blood
Discovery of H2, in Space Explains Dark Matter and Redshift

Holy cows!

Maybe the Hindus are onto something..

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   
You could say that Christopher Michael Langan is one of those who have a need to complete the circle, he belongs to that group of people who believe in 'Intelligent design' as a basis for what we are now, or have become, of which allows the process of evolution, blah blah. That is so complicated, when everything we do know now at this mark, has come from scientific and practical endeavour and need. Why did the 'intelligent designer' not just throw us the keys, or would that have been too easy?
edit on 30-12-2012 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Hmmm...

I can't help but think back over my life and note to myself an important fact. I've heard true wisdom and intelligence for thought and ideas I was shocked to hear from people on the street or those society considers 'Simple Minded'.

I've also listened to some of the most laughable B.S. and outright ignorance spouted by people with PhD and M.D. after their name on a business card.

I find it interesting that his IQ score is held to mean anything to his opinion of Faith and what comes above us. I may even agree with some in concept. The doesn't matter much either way. The point I'm left with? The fact his IQ status is held as some means of suggesting he has authority on the subject simply reaffirms my already low opinion of the usefulness of IQ testing in general.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   
A lot of people automatically equate the belief or possibility of there being a "God" to X religious dogma. The base concept of God doesn't adhere to a specific religion; it's more of a thought experiment & logical outlook on the origination of life --- At least the life that exist within our universe. The question remains that we don't really know where the "singularity" that spawned all of this came from, how something can come into being from nothing.

I think intelligent design is a rational theory for multiple reasons. One showing that conscious, intelligent beings are capable of creation. Of manipulating matter & energy around us, via ideas, that result in a upwards spiraling tree of creation (and destruction). If we have the ability to simulate realities by way of words (books) to visuals (2d/3d representations), to interactive visuals (video games), and so on --- eventually we'll be able to immerse ourselves in the creative process, in a way that would appear godlike from the current standpoint.

God is in us, connecting us. Satan is in us, dividing us. We're amidst the eternal balance of duality, rendering chaos and design into existence.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Hes pretty close in his speculation, but this is what i know

We are All Gods, Animals included

www.abovetopsecret.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join