It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Dachau Massacre. The Slaughter of Nazis in Death Camps During WW2.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by ssophia
These camps were and are a horrible, barbaric thing, and I couldn't care less what side is "right" in doing so.

I, in no way support the Nazi ideology nor their concentrations camps, though I still cannot see how the Americans did the right thing resorting and stooping to the same level as the Nazis.

People of all nationalities do disgusting things during wars.. And I can't see how the Nazis of ww2 are worse than America currently with their "war on terror".. The Nazis were just more honest and obvious with what they were doing.

I agree with the first part of your post. Clearly copying the Nazis is not the right thing, and the people who did so should be treated as Nazis (by that I mean put into court for war crimes/crimes against humanity etc., not mass murdered).

But America in war on terror is not quite the same as the Holocaust, sure, a few innocent people were murdered, sure they urinated on corpses, but they did not put innocent disabled/children/women into deathcamps and gas them. Completely different, and clearly not as bad as the holocaust.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Happy1
reply to post by AthlonSavage

My grandfather's job for the US, was to go out into the villages and mountains and find the SS soldiers, as opposed to the typical German grunt -- grandfather could speak all the german dialects -- there was a huge difference between the SS and the typical soldier.

Really? Saying that he knew all the German dialects seems a bit hmm, but anyway, I'm interested in what you mean. How were the SS different to a typical soldier, in what way? What was he called in the war? A spy of some sort? What did he wear when he went, surely not USA Army Uniform?

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by salainen

civilian clothing, He grew up 2nd generation german immigrant in Guttenberg, IA. Worked as a spy, after his stay in Germany, he was asked to join the CIA, but declined - said he had already used up all of his luck.

In Guttenberg, IA's little history books, there's pictures of swastika flags in their parades, prior to the US joining in WW11.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by salainen
How were the SS different to a typical soldier, in what way?

A lot of SS soldiers were "true believers" and were more hard core than the typical grunt. The typical grunt was just trying to survive the war, and get back home to their families, where the SS troops were fighting for the fatherland, and to protect Hitler.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Happy1

civilian clothing, He grew up 2nd generation german immigrant in Guttenberg, IA. Worked as a spy, after his stay in Germany, he was asked to join the CIA, but declined - said he had already used up all of his luck.

Interesting, what did you mean by SS soldiers being different to normal soldiers? And how did it relate to this topic?

EDIT

Originally posted by Zaphod58

How were the SS different to a typical soldier, in what way?

A lot of SS soldiers were "true believers" and were more hard core than the typical grunt. The typical grunt was just trying to survive the war, and get back home to their families, where the SS troops were fighting for the fatherland, and to protect Hitler.

I see, that makes sense, so, were the people Americans were murdering actually SS troops, still, if they werent allowed a fair trial, the Americans were commiting war crimes.
edit on 30-12-2012 by salainen because: Added instead of double posting

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Some were, in fact probably a lot of them were. Not all of them were murdered though. A lot of them starved to death, due to the food shortage after the war ended. The priority was feeding the civilian population, so the POWs kind of fell by the wayside sometimes. As someone else said, it was a terrible time, and there were crimes on both sides. No one in WWII had even remotely clean hands.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 10:14 PM
link   

All camps were run by the SS, they were actually an armed wing of the Nazi party and not the army. I don't know if the SS troops killed at the time were conscripts or not but, yes those killed were SS.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by grubblesnert

You clicked on the link?

The link is of this incident. Its in Russian but the translate bar at the top appears after a moment and there are pictures of this event and links further down the page.

holocaustrevisionism.blogspot.com...

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by anton74

All camps were run by the SS, they were actually an armed wing of the Nazi party and not the army. I don't know if the SS troops killed at the time were conscripts or not but, yes those killed were SS.

Really, I did not think that there would be hundreds/thousands of true believers. I just find it hard to believe so many would whole heartedly agree with the Holocaust. Maybe you are right, maybe all camps were run by the SS, and all SS members had the same ideologies, politically and otherwise.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 10:31 PM
link   
good riddance

As a half German half Italian whose grandparents came here right before the war I can say my native country did the right thing.

These monsters deserve worse than a firing line.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by daaskapital

You always say that your threads aren't supposed to be anti-american, but you always decide to share stories for interested readers that dig into things the US have done....

I believe you had a thread a week ago about how the US bombings in Japan were war crimes.... and now this??? Yea, you're definitely not anti-american at all...

Just admit that you hate USA and be done with it. You're not fooling anyone, guy.

Anyways, to the topic at hand. A bunch of nazi's were dealt a big bowl of karma... I don't feel bad for them at all. They made their own bed, now they must lie in it...
edit on 30-12-2012 by jhn7537 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Really, I did not think that there would be hundreds/thousands of true believers. I just find it hard to believe so many would whole heartedly agree with the Holocaust. Maybe you are right, maybe all camps were run by the SS, and all SS members had the same ideologies, politically and otherwise.

Sort of, prior to 1943(I believe) all SS members had to be Aryan. When the war was over about 60% were conscripts or from another country. Concentration camps fell under the control of the Death's Head SS. The main reasons for the Final Solution was that it was not efficient to have SS members shooting the victims but, doing so was having a huge phsycological impact on members of the SS. I would bet alot of money that the rank and file members had little knowledge of the actuall scale of the Holocaust.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by jhn7537
reply to post by daaskapital

You always say that your threads aren't supposed to be anti-american, but you always decide to share stories for interested readers that dig into things the US have done....

I believe you had a thread a week ago about how the US bombings in Japan were war crimes.... and now this??? Yea, you're definitely not anti-american at all...

Just admit that you hate USA and be done with it. You're not fooling anyone, guy.

Oh, Come on! I'm sure he meant "The Dachau Massacre. The SLAUGHTER of Nazis in death camps during WW2" in a kind and unbiased way.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by circuitsports
These monsters deserve worse than a firing line.

Thats what the Nazis said of disabled people and Jews.

Yes, they are terrible, and deserved justice, but so do those who starved them. I hate what the Nazis did, but if Americans decided to do the same thing, then I hate what the Americans did as well. The only difference is that in Nazi Germany it was an actual policy to do it, whereas in America they had a policy of doing things right. If they failed to do so, only those who actually commited the crimes should be blamed, and not America itself.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 10:57 PM
link   
reply to post by anton74

Lol. Thats the same problem I had with it. The web site that this is from is a "revisionist" website by the way.

holocaustrevisionism.blogspot.com...

Blog dedicated to the issues of Holocaust revisionism - rapidly progressive direction in history, whose adherents reject the mass murder of Jews by the Nazis during the Second World War.

Quote, unquote.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

I've never understood holocaust denial, it clearly happened, so why do they try to deny it? I don't see the point and I don't see how they can believe it.

Blog made by such people must be mostly complete rubbish.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 11:14 PM
link   
While I was stationed in Germany in the Army, I had the opportunity to visit this former death camp on a tour, it was unbelievable, even to go through the actual cottage or house of sorts where they were exterminating the prisoners in the gas chambers, the mass graves that were marked with some humongous numbers in the thousands or something, also the most eerie thing that I remember of Dachau is a picture in one of the rooms where the crematorium is, you are standing in there, and there is a picture of the window of that very same room, but taken from outside , where bodies were stacked covering the window from the 40's, you don't realize it at first but then it hits you this is the room I am standing in right now I could not believe it.

There were many artifacts and pieces of furniture and other things that were made from human bones also.

I took a relative there who came to visit me as we toured Europe when I was on leave but she got to the gate and then could not go in any further than the one standing quarters/barracks styled housing on the right were the prisoners were held and where they slept, there was barbed wire on the stacked bunk and some other unbelievable sights, pictures of the exact spots that you see with photos of those who attempted to escape and were shot left out on the perimeter.

This was back in the eighties so I am not sure whether these things are there any longer, but I remember the tour of the death camp was very detailed, there were artifacts of experiments and clothes etc.
It was very horrible to think that human beings actually out of hate, did these things and attempted to exterminate an entire group of people in such a cold calculated and planned manner.

There are a lot of very misinformed people that do not believe this occurred, it was very horrific and sobering to see it for myself.

edit on 30-12-2012 by phinubian because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by phinubian

I have often wondered whether or not it is a good idea to visit these sites, my German teacher reccomended it, and you seem to reccomend it, so perhaps one day I will visit one of them. Certainly historical locations.

I suppose seeing that would have been traumatizing for the American forces, but then again, in my opinion it was not right to then do the same thing again. We should learn from past mistakes, and not continue senseless murder.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 11:29 PM
link   

I don't like threads like this because I have a problem with people looking back in hindsight and applying modern values to a group of people in the past. Looking at pictures and visiting the empty facilities is nothing like walking into a place like this and seeing 1,000's of bodies and all of those people in that condition. Unlike many in this thread, I admire this soldiers to a point. If I had been there, the SS body count would probably been higher. I don't know how I would have restrained myself.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 11:36 PM
link   

I don't like threads like this because I have a problem with people looking back in hindsight and applying modern values to a group of people in the past. Looking at pictures and visiting the empty facilities is nothing like walking into a place like this and seeing 1,000's of bodies and all of those people in that condition. Unlike many in this thread, I admire this soldiers to a point. If I had been there, the SS body count would probably been higher. I don't know how I would have restrained myself.

Agreed, the actions are understandible. But if then you need to apply the same standards to Nazis as well, had you been on that side... You know what I mean?

Sure, I would probably have done the same, but still, we need to understand that what they did was wrong. It was a massacre, and massecres can never be justified.

Anders Breivirik believed that he was doing the right thing in his massecre. He thought he was a hero. But he clearly wasn't.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join