It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Dachau Massacre. The Slaughter of Nazis in Death Camps During WW2.

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 02:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by chishuppu
Holocaust was grossly exaggerated filled with heart stopping stories that can't stand up to engineers or scientists. The smoke chimneys and burning bodies to ash in pits has been slapped down by people who work in modern crematoriums, crematoriums do not produce smoke, that is not what the chimney stack is for. Time to put the heart down and listen to the brain, when you say things like six million, you actually need to account for six million, that is the whole of Houston, Tx gone, the whole of Libya gone, really? come now.

Crimes where committed on both sides, but if you declare war on someone then prepare for poopoo to hit the fan, plus as an African from a country under British control you can see who my money would have been on.

Which country in Africa is currently under British control?. With your statement about who you would put your money on are you referring to the number of Africans killed by other Africans?

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 02:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by jhn7537
reply to post by daaskapital

You always say that your threads aren't supposed to be anti-american, but you always decide to share stories for interested readers that dig into things the US have done....

I believe you had a thread a week ago about how the US bombings in Japan were war crimes.... and now this??? Yea, you're definitely not anti-american at all...

Just admit that you hate USA and be done with it. You're not fooling anyone, guy.

Anyways, to the topic at hand. A bunch of nazi's were dealt a big bowl of karma... I don't feel bad for them at all. They made their own bed, now they must lie in it...
edit on 30-12-2012 by jhn7537 because: (no reason given)

Well what am i going to do? Post # that has been repeated a thousand times? Not many people hear about these things because of the allied victory. I like to post things which challenge the (somewhat biased) facts. I like to post things which people may not be aware of. Just because i post something which challenges the USA does not mean i am anti-American.

Just admit that most of you on here are too sensitive and bitch about every single thing which challenges your country and its history. If you can't handle it, fine. Just don't go accusing people of being things they are not.

Indeed...

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 02:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by anton74

Originally posted by jhn7537

You always say that your threads aren't supposed to be anti-american, but you always decide to share stories for interested readers that dig into things the US have done....

I believe you had a thread a week ago about how the US bombings in Japan were war crimes.... and now this??? Yea, you're definitely not anti-american at all...

Just admit that you hate USA and be done with it. You're not fooling anyone, guy.

Oh, Come on! I'm sure he meant "The Dachau Massacre. The SLAUGHTER of Nazis in death camps during WW2" in a kind and unbiased way.

My thread for the most part was unbiased.

I presented accounts by Americans. I didn't marginalise one side of the story or another.

As for the Nazis at the camp being slaughtered. It is true. Many were killed there. As such, the killings would fall under the definition of a massacre or a slaughter.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 02:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by gazzachel

I think both sides committed serious war crimes but only the Germans were charged with this at the Nuremburg trials, I also believe the numbers of jews killed by the Germans in these camps were grossly over exaggerated as there was not that many jews living in europe at that time and when you look at any reconnaissance photo's taken of these camps, you dont see any smoking chimneys or large piles of dead bodies piling up like we saw on the films in the trials. My grandfather was in the war and he told me his troops were more angry at Churchill than they were with Hitler as it was Churchill throwing our troops at machine guns without any regards for their families, just like Bush did in Iraq. The British declared war on Germany and Hitler didn't want to go war with us, all Churchill was good for was speeches that i bet someone else wrote for him (sounds like Obama).

The figures of six or seven million dead Jews (used shortly after WWII and perpetuated for decades after) was based on bad estimates from the Soviets.

The Soviets "liberated" Poland which held most of extermination camps. The original Soviet estimate was that about three million Jews had died at Auschwitz alone.

After the fall of the Soviet Union, the West was able to review the camp records and the figure was revised down. It's believed now that only about a million Jews died at Auschwitz.

Of course, this does not include the Jewish death toll from other camps and the Einsatzgruppen "cleansings."

Bottomline, a few million Jews are believed to have perished during the Holocaust.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 02:47 AM
link   
reply to post by AuranVector

20,000+ could still be 75,000, I wasn't deliberately trying to underestimate the figure. My point of fact was there were women and children who were civilians and not involved but were considered to be reasonable collateral damage by the British war machine.
As I said it was a terrible war, my family like many others lost Uncles and Brothers which for us marks Anzac day a day to remember lost relatives.
I had no intention of minimising what was a terrible action by the British Government at the time.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 02:49 AM
link   

like?

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 02:51 AM
link   

How does one count dead Jews among dead everybody else

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 02:55 AM
link   

like?

I have no idea what post you're referring to.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 02:58 AM
link   
The OP has brought an interesting incident to light. I think the more we understand of the horrors of war, the greater chance there is that we might be a little more patient in enduring the horrors of peace in working out solutions to our political problems.

I've met two members of the 1st Special Service Force (The so called Devil's Brigade, en.wikipedia.org...) in my life and both of these men were very interesting individuals. One of the guys, who had lost the lower part of one leg to a land mine, said that a squad he was in had executed French civilians while on patrol behind the German lines.

The civilians, numbering six or so people, had simply seen the commandos. They paid with their lives for it.

That's the way it was. The soldiers weren't willing to take a chance on letting the civilians go. France was riddled with collaborators and any number of reasons could lead a civilian to betray those soldiers to the Germans, even if he wasn't a normal collaborator.

Life is cheap in war.

The 1st Special Service Force was one of the most famous regiments of WW2. They did many very difficult operations in an heroic manner, but that was the story the guy told me. He had no interest whatsoever in "daring do". What he wanted to say was that he and his squad had gunned down innocent civilians. He wasn't proud of it. It was just a grim and telling fact of war.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 02:59 AM
link   

The Germans were meticulous record keepers. There were records of how many people (by nationality, ethnic gourp, etc) were shipped in from where.

You don't say which African country you're from.

Many Muslims in Africa. Many Muslims are Holocaust-deniers.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 03:09 AM
link   
what camps where constructed for the sole purpose of exterminating Jews? If you don't know anything besides what some old lady who was the sole survivor while her whole family was killed then I don't think this is the topic for you. How come Holocaust survivor families never come in pairs, its always one survivor to tell a story that cant be refuted, alas im a scholar and think with my head not my heart.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 03:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by AuranVector

The Germans were meticulous record keepers. There were records of how many people (by nationality, ethnic gourp, etc) were shipped in from where.

You don't say which African country you're from.

Many Muslims in Africa. Many Muslims are Holocaust-deniers.

Holocaust-denier? Cute word, probably goes along with Pluto-deniers before it stopped being a planet, how about flat-Earth deniers, or God deniers.

That meticulous word always follows that sentence, good works too you know.

edit on 31-12-2012 by chishuppu because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 03:21 AM
link   
Personally I believe the comedian Eddie Izzard said it best when he said.

Pol Pot killed one point seven million Cambodians, died under house arrest, well done there. Stalin killed many millions, died in his bed, aged seventy-two, well done indeed. And the reason we let them get away with it is they killed their own people. And we're sort of fine with that.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 03:33 AM
link   

Holocaust-denier? Cute word, probably goes along with Pluto-deniers before it stopped being a planet, how about flat-Earth deniers, or God deniers.

I didn't know there were pluto-deniers.

Anyway, holocaust-denyers doesn't go with the other terms you gave, Holocaust was real, those denying it are wrong. Pluto is not a planet, and the earth is not flat, those denying the flat-earth theory, or pluto being a planet are correct. I don't see your point. Unless maybe you meant that the word he was looking for was holocaust-denial, but still, denying it none the less.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 03:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by johncarter

Neo-nazis posting on the ATS forum, trying to find ways to excuse the slaughter of 30 million victims in the concentration camps by making us feel sorry for these thugs and psychopathic animals being executed by russian and american troops.

Nice one.

Whats next? Some kind of sob story where we are to feel sorry for the Pol pot murderers that slaughtered over 2 million cambodians?
edit on 30-12-2012 by johncarter because: (no reason given)

first it was 18 mil then it was supposed to be 12 ,8 now its 6....actually they dont even know the number and u come here and accuse someone u dont know of being a nazi well u sound like a filthy zionist to me

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 04:02 AM
link   

what camps where constructed for the sole purpose of exterminating Jews? If you don't know anything besides what some old lady who was the sole survivor while her whole family was killed then I don't think this is the topic for you. How come Holocaust survivor families never come in pairs, its always one survivor to tell a story that cant be refuted, alas im a scholar and think with my head not my heart.

And in 10 or 15 years there won't be anyone left with first-hand experience of the concentration camps and the Nazi's systematic persecution of Jews, homosexuals, Slavs, Gypsies and the disabled.

Time heals all wounds and gives revisionist historians the room they need to manoeuver since there'll be no one left to refute their ideas.

A generation or two later no one will care what happened. Do you care about the Turkish genocide against ethnic Armenians? What about the genocide of Native Americans/ Or Indigenous Australians? Or the millions killed by Stalin in the Soviet Union? The "Cultural Revolution" in China which saw millions killed? The similar deal in Cambodia? Or the massacres in Rwanda? Bosnia? Kosovo? Vietnam? East Timor? Sudan? New York? It's all kind of sad really.

We can be a despicable species and we're still doing it.

Another interesting and no less tragic aspect of Dachau was the 1944 incarceration and later execution of four female British SOE operatives.

www.scrapbookpages.com...

These women weren't the only special services personnel to be held at Dachau. According to the link above there were six British male SOE operatives and one US OSS officer liberated when the camp fell to the Americans on April 29 1945. Interestingly, a couple of the SOE operatives had previously survived incarceration in two apparently worse camps than Dachau - Mauthausen and Natzweiler.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 04:07 AM
link   
A lot of those iconic imagery from the 'death camps' - of emaciated, naked bodies piled up on one another - were propaganda shots taken by liberating troops in order to expedite the post war convictions and divvying of geopolitical boundaries.

That is to say, the "6,000,000" along with most of what history the victors wrote is not entirely the whole truth and nothing but the truth. But, good luck finding a fora to discuss such matters objectively and without the Damocles of the Zionist marionette masters manipulating any such scrutiny to look like "anti" this or that...

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 04:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by shagraath
first it was 18 mil then it was supposed to be 12 ,8 now its 6....actually they dont even know the number and u come here and accuse someone u dont know of being a nazi well u sound like a filthy zionist to me

The Holocaust happened. Around six million jews and millions of other people died. I don't know where you got the 12 million number from, but that's never been bandied about by historians. And I find the last words of your quote to be deeply offensive.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 04:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by WaterBottle
Are we supposed to feel sympathetic?

Lower yourself to the enemy's level and you're no better than they are.

'An eye for an eye makes all the world blind. '

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 04:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by salainen

I didn't know there were pluto-deniers.

Anyway, holocaust-denyers doesn't go with the other terms you gave, Holocaust was real, those denying it are wrong. Pluto is not a planet, and the earth is not flat, those denying the flat-earth theory, or pluto being a planet are correct. I don't see your point. Unless maybe you meant that the word he was looking for was holocaust-denial, but still, denying it none the less.

I am so tempted to add the youtube wrestling is real damn it video.

They call themselves Holocaust revisionists because its is a revision of said history, not a denial. They don't deny that Jews died in WW2, but they deny that there was an event where Hitler decided to kill Germans in the most expensive and unrealistic way known to man.

If there is one thing you should learn in this physical world its that mathematics doesn't lie. 2 plus 2 no matter what some old tattooed sad Jewish lady tells you will always be 4. Burning people in giant pits sounds real till you try to burn a whole chicken in a hole with gasoline in cold German like weather using fire wood. Try stacking more chickens on top of that, in the end you get charred on the outside, rare on the inside. If you want to skip the holocaust revolutionist work then go to the topic of disposal, 20,000 gassing a day, plus 6 800 degree burning crematoriums who took over 2 hrs for one person let alone stack 2 will cause a serious back up. Then the soderkommander tells you that they threw weapon into the "furnace" because they burnt better than men really gets the eyes rolling. Its the details my friend the details, I used to think like you till I had time to burn, so I read and watched denial work plus cross reference it with actually holocaust accepted work, its become an issue sir.

Take this dumb# right here, how did you not add those numbers if people in Nuremberg where hanged from them, then where else did you get numbers from to reach 6 million? Since more camps have revised numbers does that mean that holocaust camp deaths where not accounted for in the 6 million?

en.wikipedia.org... (under death toll)

After the collapse of the Communist government in 1989, the plaque at Auschwitz State Museum was removed and the official death toll given as 1.1 million. Holocaust deniers have attempted to use this change as propaganda, in the words of the Nizkor Project:
Deniers often use the 'Four Million Variant' as a stepping stone to leap from an apparent contradiction to the idea that the Holocaust was a hoax, again perpetrated by a conspiracy. They hope to discredit historians by making them seem inconsistent. If they can't keep their numbers straight, their reasoning goes, how can we say that their evidence for the Holocaust is credible? One must wonder which historians they speak of, as most have been remarkably consistent in their estimates of a million or so dead... Few (if any) historians ever believed the Museum's four million figure, having arrived at their own estimates independently. The museum's inflated figures were never part of the estimated five to six million Jews killed in the Holocaust, so there is no need to revise this figure.[86]

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join