It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Dachau Massacre. The Slaughter of Nazis in Death Camps During WW2.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by grubblesnert

New photo for me too. Look again, the right of photo is off screen. The soldier on the far right looks to be carrying a BAR and there is another (fourth) prisoner visible just behind him.

That could be a tripod leg for a .30 cal belt fed machine gun on the ground in front of the soldier on his knees in the center. And it looks like an open can of ammo on the ground to his left (where it should be). I don't actually see the Browning though.

If and If, then it surely looks like they were standing these guys up and gunning them down in front of that wall (with a machine gun) Them troops are combat infantry. They have seen a lot and the life of one or a hundred Germans at this point is minuscule. Make that Dachau camp guards? Those would be SS detachments, right?

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 08:09 PM
link   

These images seem to account for the camp guards.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   
I recommend other members to do some research concerning the "Rhine Meadow Camps".
Germany was taken over by the allies and they put hundreds of thousands of prisoners in the open field without food and sanitation more or less left to die. According to many testimonies the situation was worse than in the concentration camps. I've visited many of the sites where the camps have been and tried to imagine how it was like.
I don't approve what happened under Hitler but it really deserves some attention what happened in Germany shortly after the war.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrptr

New photo for me too. Look again, the right of photo is off screen. The soldier on the far right looks to be carrying a BAR and there is another (fourth) prisoner visible just behind him.

That could be a tripod leg for a .30 cal belt fed machine gun on the ground in front of the soldier on his knees in the center. And it looks like an open can of ammo on the ground to his left (where it should be). I don't actually see the Browning though.

If and If, then it surely looks like they were standing these guys up and gunning them down in front of that wall (with a machine gun) Them troops are combat infantry. They have seen a lot and the life of one or a hundred Germans at this point is minuscule. Make that Dachau camp guards? Those would be SS detachments, right?
yes that's a BAR check his left hand he's holding the magazine.

The soldier sitting down: Check under his right arm you'll see the Browning's pistol grip, then follow an imaginary diagonal line to the barrel pointed at the ground (or possibly you tripod leg?)
The movement, the soldier with a new ammo can and the soldier reloading his BAR looks like action to me.
I think we both know who the targets are...........
And your right, probably some bad actors, SS Guards/murderers! ......

edit on 30-12-2012 by grubblesnert because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 08:14 PM
link   
My father was in the 20th armored division and they took part in the liberation of Dachau. He must have arrived after this incident took place. He has told me of other incidents that he witnessed that he considered war crimes. He talked to a preist about them and was told that it was war and to forget about what he saw. He did mention that they gave 3 of the prisoners from Dachau rifles so they could capture some of the guards that had gotten away. They heard some rounds being fired off and when the former prisoners returned they claimed they did not see the guards but Dad said they knew that they hunted down the guards and killed them. Dad still wonders what happened to a Polished teacher that was a prisoner there. The teacher was going to walk back to Poland in those pajamas and slippers that they wore. Dad did not have any boots to give him , just some stale bread and a piece of smoked sausage, that was all he had to give him. Dad hoped he would make it, the guy would not wait for more help.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by opethPA

I'm wondering what is the end game behind a century of deliberate destruction of Germany?

I don't feel sympathy for nazis but I do feel sympathy for the German people-most of whom were not nazis.

I have German friends and they have told me about what their country has gone through:

The Treaty of Versailles placed all the blame for WW 1 on Germany and demanded Germany pay 100 million marks-in gold-to its enemies. The German economy collapsed and paved the way for Hitler. The Allies liberated Germany, and in doing so, bombed over 160 towns and cities, most notably Hamburg and Dresden. Then the Allies allowed the Communists to have half of Germany and brutally occupy it for decades. The invading Soviets raped 1/3 of German women. As others in this thread have pointed out, the Allies forced captured soldiers and civilians into open-air camps where at least half million starved to death-this doesn't count the others who starved to death in their homes. The Aliies dismantled numerous factories in Western Germany and simply stole them.

The Germans are still carrying enormous amounts of guilt for what their countrymen and ancestors did. They are still paying reparations for World War 2. They just finished paying off the debt for World War 1.

Now that the Euro is collapsing, the world is demanding that Germany foot the bill and bail out the other European nations. Angela Merkel is being called a nazi because she's resisting.

Hollywood and video games constantly tell us that Germans were (and therefore still are) merciless subhumans who kill for no reason. I don't think they're some kind of "super race," but I don't think they're the Devil either, and maybe we should think about if we want to continue to single out and punish a group of people for the rest of time.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Commanders of Dachau

SS-Standartenführer Hilmar Wäckerle (03/22/1933 - 06/26/1933)
SS-Gruppenführer Theodor Eicke (06/26/1933 - 04/07/1934)
SS-Oberführer Alexander Reiner (04/07/1934 - 10/22/1934)
SS-Brigadeführer Berthold Maack (10/22/1934 - 01/12/1934)
SS-Oberführer Heinrich Deubel (01/12/1934 - 03/31/1936)
SS-Oberführer Hans Loritz (03/31/1936 - 01/07/1939)
SS-Hauptsturmführer Alex Piorkowski (01/07/1939 - 01/02/1942)
SS-Obersturmbannführer Martin Weiss (01/03/1942 - 09/30/1943)
SS-Hauptsturmführer Wilhelm Weiter (09/30/1943 - 04/26/1945)
SS-Obersturmbannführer Martin Weiss (04/26/1945 - 04/28/1945)
SS-Untersturmführer Johannes Otto (04/28/1945 - 04/28/1945)
SS-Sturmscharführer Heinrich Wicker (04/28/1945 - 04/29/1945)

As should be clear from the above, Wilhelm Weiter was the last significant commander who left 3 days before the camp surrender. He was replaced then by no fewer than 3 other commanders.

It was Heinrich Wicker who carried the can.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by WaterBottle
Are we supposed to feel sympathetic?

Yes. If you are a good soul you will know that you should never wish death to anything including your worst enemies. Revenge is sick. People have it coming, I get it. But you should never wish death upon somebody.
No matter how good it can feel.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Go back a page to post by Brookster and all our questions are answered and then some!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by brookster18

Welcome to ATS and thank you for the links!

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrptr

Welcome to ATS and thank you for the links!
Thanks you intrptr for directing me to this guy. He sounds credible

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Thank you for clarifying somethings and shining light on a subject I was not aware of....

I think it was from Dachau that the photo of all the dead Sondercommandos (sp) (oven workers) stacked in the box car was taken.

A severe way to keep them from talking and bearing witness.

PS not infering that our guy's did it. unless know otherwise I assume it was the SS guards
edit on 30-12-2012 by grubblesnert because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by daaskapital

You know....in 90%+ of situations I will be the first say that 2 wrongs doesn't make a right, torture doesn't justify torture, terrorism doesn't justify more terrorism, etc.

....but when it comes to Nazi's and Israeli Zionists...I just don't have any sympathy at all.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 09:17 PM
link   
These camps were and are a horrible, barbaric thing, and I couldn't care less what side is "right" in doing so.

I, in no way support the Nazi ideology nor their concentrations camps, though I still cannot see how the Americans did the right thing resorting and stooping to the same level as the Nazis.

People of all nationalities do disgusting things during wars.. And I can't see how the Nazis of ww2 are worse than America currently with their "war on terror".. The Nazis were just more honest and obvious with what they were doing.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Sounds like the war was more terrible than I thought, and both sides were engaging in terrible acts.

Sure, nazis slaughtered people, but slaughtering them is no better. Not all of the german soldiers would have agreed with the holocaust, as a matter of fact I believe that very few of them did, they were doing what they were told to do, like in the Milgrim Experiment, Stanford Prision Experiment, etc.

Originally posted by pikestaff
Those who care to do their own research will find that Eisenhower ordered German POW's be allowed to starve to death, it is estimated one and a half million did so, what you have to do is Google 'Eisenhower's prisoners' there is a report that a trainload of food sent from Switzerland to German was returned, unopened. there is a lot of reading.

Sounds like an absurd conspiracy theory, I mean this guy became the President of the United States of America. That statement is labelling an American president Hitler, and saying that he was never brought to justice, and stilled viewed of as a hero. However unlikely it is, I will read up on it. If America chose a Nazi as their president...

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Lets be perfectly honest here where all adults. The Nazis were pricks of the highest scale. They developed a production line process for killing innocent people and turning their bodiy materials into lamp shades and soap. The only good Nazi is a dead one.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by johncarter
reply to post by daaskapital

Neo-nazis posting on the ATS forum, trying to find ways to excuse the slaughter of 30 million victims in the concentration camps by making us feel sorry for these thugs and psychopathic animals being executed by russian and american troops.

Nice one.

Whats next? Some kind of sob story where we are to feel sorry for the Pol pot murderers that slaughtered over 2 million cambodians?
edit on 30-12-2012 by johncarter because: (no reason given)

No offense, but, terrible, terrible post. The OP made it very clear this wasn't to show sympathy for the nazis, not was it to even compare to the Holocaust. It's stated oh, so clearly in the OP and a shortly later response.

Personally, I like to know aspects of history, and to suggest the OP is a neo-nazi, or looking for sympathy for nazis is nothing short of the ravings of a madman, hell-bent on ignoring history at all costs, so as to help ensure it is repeated again. Sorry if that sounds harsh, but I'm pretty bothered that you would attack someone as being a neo-nazi, in your unveiled attempt to silence history. Disgusting. IMO, you should apologize to the OP, whose intent was CLEARLY not what you tried to intimate it was.

Some of us care to know history. Stay in your fantasy land if you like.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by AthlonSavage
Lets be perfectly honest here where all adults. The Nazis were pricks of the highest scale. They developed a production line process for killing innocent people and turning their bodiy materials into lamp shades and soap. The only good Nazi is a dead one.

Well, most of us are adults, you just seem a bit immature.

What happened in the Holocaust was terrible, but you should realise that most of the soldiers did not commit mass murders, but were simply ordered to war by the government, they didn't choose to be a part, and may have never killed anyone. Some may have been completely against the Nazi agenda, but were forced to wear the uniform. I doubt you would have acted any differently in the situation.

It doesn't sound like these people got a fair trial, or were humanely excecuted, but rather mass murdered. I personally hate it when people get away with big crime, and it appears some US soldiers were mass murderers and got away with it.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by pikestaff
Those who care to do their own research will find that Eisenhower ordered German POW's be allowed to starve to death, it is estimated one and a half million did so, what you have to do is Google 'Eisenhower's prisoners' there is a report that a trainload of food sent from Switzerland to German was returned, unopened. there is a lot of reading.

The only report that I have seen on this is by James Bacque, who wrote "Other Losses", which had academics, and people that researched this heavily shaking their heads. No one is saying that it didn't happen, but the interpretation was wrong, and overinflated. A number of the "other losses" category that are claimed to have died, were actually released with no charges, or sent to other areas. There was a major food shortage in Europe, and civilians came first when it came to food supplies.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by AthlonSavage

My grandfather's job for the US, was to go out into the villages and mountains and find the SS soldiers, as opposed to the typical German grunt -- grandfather could speak all the german dialects -- there was a huge difference between the SS and the typical soldier.

He also said that what he saw in Germany was horrible, but what the Russians did in the Ukraine was so much more horrible.
edit on 30-12-2012 by Happy1 because: forgot to add

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join