It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"I may deport myself" says Piers Morgan, if we don't change "crazy gun laws"

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 04:12 AM
link   
Let me get this straight.....

He lives in and loves the US, he didnt say anything bad about it all he did was say gun laws need to be changed and this is the response

90,000+ sign a petition to deport him and the normally sensible freedom loving members on here support it!!!!!

So how many generations do your ancestors have to be in the US before the 1st Amendment applies?

Your all a bunch of hypocrites

edit on 30/12/2012 by IkNOwSTuff because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 04:25 AM
link   
reply to post by IkNOwSTuff

because he's not a citizen. it is illegal for foriegn press to voice their opinion about the constitution when they are not citizens while in the us.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 04:25 AM
link   

USA
USA
USA

America is #1 among ALL 3rd world countries! YEAH!

I think most here would fight for free speech for anyone! But if the Morgan guy whines, "I'm leaving if the US Constitution doesn't change" then why shouldn't we enjoy his self-important verbal vomit?

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 04:33 AM
link   
reply to post by rockoperawriter

please cite your claim

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 04:40 AM
link   
reply to post by ignorant_ape

a supreme court ruling in 1972

Kleindienst v. Mandel, 408 U.S. 753 (1972), was a decision by the United States Supreme Court, which held that the United States Attorney General has the right to refuse somebody's entry to the United States, as he has been empowered to do so in 212 (a) (28) of the Immigration and Nationality Act of 1952.

This action was brought to compel Attorney General Kleindienst to grant a temporary nonimmigrant visa to a Belgian journalist and Marxian theoretician whom the American plaintiff-appellees, Ernest Mandel et al., had invited to participate in academic conferences and discussions in the US. The alien had been found ineligible for admission under 212 (a) (28) (D) and (G) (v) of the Immigration and Nationality Act of 1952, barring those who advocate or publish "the economic, international, and governmental doctrines of world communism." Kleindienst had declined to waive ineligibility as he has the power to do under 212 (d) of the Act, basing his decision on unscheduled activities engaged in by the alien on a previous visit to the United States, when a waiver was granted
edit on 30-12-2012 by rockoperawriter because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 05:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by IkNOwSTuff

He lives in and loves the US, he didnt say anything bad about it all he did was say gun laws need to be changed and this is the response

90,000+ sign a petition to deport him and the normally sensible freedom loving members on here support it!!!!!

So how many generations do your ancestors have to be in the US before the 1st Amendment applies?

No, he said forget about the Constitution or he will leave. My response, please leave then.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 05:08 AM
link   
reply to post by OccamsRazor04

yes if you don't like our constitution, move to another neighborhood in the uk

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 05:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

USA
USA
USA

America is #1 among ALL 3rd world countries! YEAH!

I think most here would fight for free speech for anyone! But if the Morgan guy whines, "I'm leaving if the US Constitution doesn't change" then why shouldn't we enjoy his self-important verbal vomit?

I will fight for his freedom. He is free to say he wants to leave. He is free to leave.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 05:12 AM
link   
reply to post by rockoperawriter

That appears to deal with Communism. Not anything against the Constitution.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 05:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by rockoperawriter

because he's not a citizen. it is illegal for foriegn press to voice their opinion about the constitution when they are not citizens while in the us.

Hes a legal resident therefore it applies to him

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 05:22 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

I read the entire article linked by the OP and didnt find where he said or anything close to that.

He said the constitution was ambiguous and makes people think they can have military style weapons when a simple handgun or revolver would be enough for protection.

The guy isnt even anti gun hes anti assault type weapons in the hands of the public

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 05:26 AM
link   

No, he said forget about the Constitution or he will leave. My response, please leave then.

Can you highlight where he said that or are you paraphrasing to make it sound better?

Ill give you a direct quote of his as an example

‘You are an unbelievably stupid man.’

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 05:31 AM
link   

reply to post by beezzer

He said the constitution was ambiguous and makes people think they can have military style weapons when a simple handgun or revolver would be enough for protection.

I must have missed that part of the 2nd Amendment. Dang!

And using his logic, I guess we can fool around with the Magna Carta as well!

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 05:32 AM
link   

he still got deported for being unconstitutional and not being a citizen.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 05:34 AM
link   

Hes a legal resident therefore it applies to him

does he have a green card?

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 05:37 AM
link   

Can you highlight where he said that or are you paraphrasing to make it sound better?

Ill give you a direct quote of his as an example

‘You are an unbelievably stupid man.’

That is a nice quote. Wonder what he would say to crimes involving handguns increasing by 40% after the UK gun ban. This is a quote from him ....
Piers Morgan: 'I'll Deport Myself' If America Doesn't Change Gun Laws'

If America doesn't change gun laws (which means forget the 2nd amendment) he will leave. His quote. I say, when's your flight?

If a foreigner wants to come here and say look, I think there is a better way, I have no problems with that. When they threaten to leave if we don't do what they think is right, I say don't let the door hit your ass on the way out.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 05:41 AM
link   

still banning guns here is still very bad on account of the cartel problem.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 05:56 AM
link   

still banning guns here is still very bad on account of the cartel problem.

I agree. It's bad for a number of reasons.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 07:33 AM
link   

The guy isnt even anti gun hes anti assault type weapons in the hands of the public

The main purpose of our 2nd amendment is to give us leverage against our government. You live at the mercy of yours. We do not want to go down that road. It's the very fiber of our culture.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 08:44 AM
link   

You've missed the point entirely. Morgan has used his position to harangue, bully and ridicule American guests whose views he and your neighbors disagree with. He fabricates "statisitcs" and "facts" that he (and you) feel justify ignorance and biased "reporting."

This comes from a man who ruined his UK "news" career ny doctoring photgraphs and altering "news" to fit his (and youtr?) views.

Daily Mirror editor Piers Morgan has been sacked after the newspaper conceded photos of British soldiers abusing an Iraqi were fake. In a statement the Mirror said it had fallen victim to a "calculated and malicious hoax" and that it would be "inappropriate" for Morgan to continue.

Editor sacked over 'hoax' photos
This is the epitome of UK "journalism -- don't like the facts? Make some up!

90,000+ sign a petition to deport him and the normally sensible freedom loving members on here support it!

"Normally sensible?" Perhaps if he had a bit less hubris and actually attempted rational discussion instead of nonsensical ravings and rants, "freedom loving members" would give him a bit more respoect. He'll never have any credibility. Why should we permit foreign visitors and aliens, including pretend-journalists such as PM, the "freedom" to inflame and antagonize on our airwaves solely to drive their egos and ratings higher with imaginary "news" and "facts" drawn from thin air and their personal biases, demons and delusions?

You reveal a complete lack of understanding how a written Constitution functions, or of the responsibilities attendant to the freedoms recognized thereunder.

Do any of you even accept the principle that with great freedom comes great responsibility?

You're all a group of subservient, inbred pawns.
jw
edit on 30-12-2012 by jdub297 because: quote

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join