It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"I may deport myself" says Piers Morgan, if we don't change "crazy gun laws"

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   
the irony is piers is probably walking around with 3 armed body guards provided by cnn on insistence of a team of lawyers and the insurance company that covers him.

with all the armed nuts in america, and crazy patriotic fanatical idol worship of the red, white and blue, added to the history of britain, king george and the revolution, he might end up unintentionally becoming a martyr for the cause.

i wouldn't be surprised if some americans actually believe his is the reincarnation of king george and english oppression and is here to reclaim america for england.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   
*takes a huge crap in a fancy office chair*
There ya go, heres a new talk show host for ya, figured we'd start new and get a fresh batch going since piers didnt quite work out.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Saw ya later, limey.

That's about all I have to say about this dbag.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by jdub297

Of course you wouldn’t. Clearly, you don’t read what you post. His Daily Mail article, with his “promise” to leave, relied upon more made-up “statistics” and imaginary “facts,” not his self-aggrandizing “interview.”

Care to qoute what facts and stats from the interview your talking about?

Regardless of your opinion, it’s already been proven that the “idiots” are those who believe banning guns will end violent crime:

*Sigh*

Ive already been over these stats several times on other threads but what the hell well do it again.

The increase in gun deaths 16.3% sounds like alot but in actual numbers it was like 8, hardly a massive rise and it was mainly crim on crim crime not innocent bystanders or schoolchildren.

Assault rising is also attributed to the way reporting is done now, if someone goes to hospital with a bloody lip and states they were punched even with no charges pressed it counts as a crime statistic, one towns crime stats went through the roof after an all in brawl on a footy field!!!!!
Robbery was due to druggies and it is burglary not muggings.
The reported incidents of sexual assualt is up but this is due to the stigma of reporting such crimes going away, Ive worked with a womens refuge in Australia that offers free counselling to women who are affected by all types of violence. Disturbingly only about 60% of cases are even reported so the figures should be higher but a fact is the number of women seeking counselling for these types of crimes is going down. Sezual assualt while still a sickengly big issue is going down in real world numbers if not crime stats.

A bit contradictory, no? "He stated his views!" He states his motivations quite clearly.

Yes his views were he doesnt want his kids possibly being shot while at school, what a horrible disgusting self interested man

It’s not my opinion, nor is there any need for pre-judgment. The Mirror has already established his dishonesty, and fired his lying ass!

The newspaper released a statement saying: "The Daily Mirror published in good faith photographs which it absolutely believed were genuine images of British soldiers abusing an Iraqi prisoner.

He didnt fabricate the pics and his only "crime" was falling for a stunt.
You blatantly didnt bother looking into his sacking and have just swallowed whole whatever the MSM has told you. He was just unlucky to be the editor when they were published and not personally responsible as you all seem to think

At least you admit your ignorance.The Preamble to the Constitution sets forth the reasons for crafting rules limiting government interference in American freedom. The specific limits are the Constitution, which nowhere contains the phrases you misquote/misrepresent.

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.

Sorry I did misquote, the above is what I meant. Says nothing about whats contained in the constitution being applicable only to US citizens in fact implies quite the opposite that it applies TO EVERYONE!!!!!!
he was exercising the rights you say you love so much.

Australia's Bureau of Crime Statistics and Research acknowledges that the gun ban had no significant impact on the amount of gun-involved crime. Ovral, Australia's violent crine increased 42 percent.

The gun ban wasnt brought in to stop gun crime which has never really been a large issue in OZ in what brought in to stop SHOOTING SPREES!!!!! So far its been 100% successful

Poisons, insecticides, herbicides and anti-biotics exist solely to kill other things. You have no point..

This is the most idiotic of all pro gun arguments, lets ban cars, Drs etc etc.
The things you list arent designed to kill humans, your being deliberately obtuse and you know it

WRONG! This was published 26/12/12:www.ijreview.com...

Im sorry I was wrong, I said the article was 5 years old, turns out its 7 years old

Read your own link and check the link its based on. Thursday, 26 May, 2005, 23:48 GMT 00:48 UK
You look really simple even bothering to argue this point. Great example of Gun nuts swallowing anything without thought if it suits their agenda

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by PurpleVortex

Originally posted by Mrgone
As of 09:32 PST the count is 93,127
Come on folks, let's push this petition to 100,000
A guy like this craves attention. So let's give him what he wants.
Piers, go home to your safe and secure country before the big bad boogie gun is found hiding under your bed.
Can I help you pack?

Hey bro, where can I sign this petition?

It is a White House site called "We the People," appropriately enough.

There's also a growing petitiion to have David Gregory arrested for unlawful possession of an illegal gun clip/magazine:Petitio n to Arrest David Gregory of NBC News Surpasses Halfway Mark

edit on 30-12-2012 by jdub297 because: sp

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by randomname
the irony is piers is probably walking around with 3 armed body guards provided by cnn on insistence of a team of lawyers and the insurance company that covers him.
with all the armed nuts in america, and crazy patriotic fanatical idol worship of the red, white and blue, added to the history of britain, king george and the revolution, he might end up unintentionally becoming a martyr for the cause.
i wouldn't be surprised if some americans actually believe his is the reincarnation of king george and english oppression and is here to reclaim america for england.

He, the Obama's and D.C.illegal clip possessor David Gregory send their kids to the same D.C. school guarded by no less than eleven armed guards at all times.
They work in buildings protected by armed guards.
They have their own personal security details.

These guards carry semi-automatic firearms with multi-shot clips capable of rapid-fire discharge.
www.washingtonpost.com...
www.weeklystandard.com...

Good enough for them. Necessary, in their own delusional, self-centered worlds; but not necessary for us or our children , or our own homes, schools and workplaces.

The anti-gun crowd are little more than over-privileged hypocrites.

jw

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by OccamsRazor04

Originally posted by IkNOwSTuff
reply to post by OccamsRazor04

No, he said forget about the Constitution or he will leave. My response, please leave then.

Can you highlight where he said that or are you paraphrasing to make it sound better?

Ill give you a direct quote of his as an example

‘You are an unbelievably stupid man.’
edit on 30/12/2012 by IkNOwSTuff because: (no reason given)

Piers Morgan: 'I'll Deport Myself' If America Doesn't Change Gun Laws'

If America doesn't change gun laws (which means forget the 2nd amendment) he will leave. His quote. I say, when's your flight?

I notice you didn't respond to my post, which you asked me to write. I guess you concede you are wrong, and wished to not publicly state it. I take your silence on the matter to affirm you agree with me. Thanks!
edit on 31-12-2012 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 07:42 PM
link   

*Sigh*

Ive already been over these stats several times on other threads but what the hell well do it again.

The increase in gun deaths 16.3% sounds like alot but in actual numbers it was like 8, hardly a massive rise and it was mainly crim on crim crime not innocent bystanders or schoolchildren.

Assault rising is also attributed to the way reporting is done now, if someone goes to hospital with a bloody lip and states they were punched even with no charges pressed it counts as a crime statistic, one towns crime stats went through the roof after an all in brawl on a footy field!!!!!
Robbery was due to druggies and it is burglary not muggings.
The reported incidents of sexual assualt is up but this is due to the stigma of reporting such crimes going away, Ive worked with a womens refuge in Australia that offers free counselling to women who are affected by all types of violence. Disturbingly only about 60% of cases are even reported so the figures should be higher but a fact is the number of women seeking counselling for these types of crimes is going down. Sezual assualt while still a sickengly big issue is going down in real world numbers if not crime stats.

So how about you give some statistics that whot eh gun ban worked and is a good thing.

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 02:30 AM
link   
reply to post by IkNOwSTuff

We already know that prohibition doesn't work. Doesn't anyone remember the 18th amendment or "war on drugs?"

You and others may try to use anecdotes in a silly attempt to discredit published reports of the failure of gun bans to reduce crime, but it doesn’t change facts and overall results. Football brawls? Better reporting? Greater sensitivity?

Such factors, if relevant at all, would apply across-the-board, so the numbers and studies are not limited to the UK or Australia, and would apply elsewhere, including the U.S.

These reports have not been retracted or modified.
AUSTRALIA: MORE VIOLENT CRIME DESPITE GUN BAN

Violent crime worse in Britain than in US

What you and others fail to understand is that access to guns isn’t the root of the problem; socio-economic factors such as unemployment, lack of education/opportunity and poverty are significantly correlated to crimes of violence. The Chinese slashing, and the African maimings are grim reminders that guns are not the common denominator in large-scale atrocities against innocents.

My colleagues and I did, however, find gun deaths to be higher in states with higher levels of poverty and lower incomes, as well as in red states and those with more blue-collar working class economies. Conversely, we found gun deaths to be less likely in states with more college graduates and stronger knowledge-based economies.

www.theatlanticcities.com...

You seem to focus on generalizations, rather than face facts.

Sorry I did misquote, the above is what I meant(you quote more of the Preamble to the Constitution) . Says nothing about whats contained in the constitution being applicable only to US citizens in fact implies quite the opposite that it applies TO EVERYONE!

The Preamble is a statement of purpose and intent; the Constitution is the embodiment of the restrictions upon central government intrusion in the lives of the citizens of the various States. While the citizens of the UK and Oz may favor subservience to a central authority, these United States have not chosen such for their citizens.

And my response to your claim that a gun is ‘only a tool for killing,’ was not an argument in support of guns, but a demonstration of the vapidity of your criticism of tools whose sole function is to kill!.

As is probably obvious I know bugger all about guns, the only thing I know for certain is they are a weapon whos sole purpose is to kill, they are not a "tool" unless you count killing as a use/purpose.
Poisons, insecticides, herbicides and anti-biotics exist solely to kill other things. You make no sense whatsoever in your delusions.

Each of the examples I cite have no purpose other than to kill. Does that, alone, render them morally or otherwise reprehensible? You seem to imply as much.

It seems that liberals and the likes of Mr. Morgan prefer the State dictating all of the intricacies of life:

• Pathway involves the sick being sedated and usually denied nutrition and fluids
• Families kept in the dark when doctors withdraw lifesaving treatment
• Health Secretary Jeremy Hunt said pathway was a 'fantastic step forward'
• Anti-euthanasia group said: ‘The Pathway is designed to finish people off double quick'

60,000 patients put on death pathway without being told, minister says end-of-life plan is 'fantastic'

And you all deign to call us ‘barbarians.”

"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest." - Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.

Haven't we already determined that "insanity" is doing the same thing over and again, and expecting a different result?

edit on 1-1-2013 by jdub297 because: cite

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 04:30 AM
link   

reply to post by OccamsRazor04

No, he said forget about the Constitution or he will leave. My response, please leave then.

Can you highlight where he said that or are you paraphrasing to make it sound better?

Ill give you a direct quote of his as an example

‘You are an unbelievably stupid man.’
edit on 30/12/2012 by IkNOwSTuff because: (no reason given)

Piers Morgan: 'I'll Deport Myself' If America Doesn't Change Gun Laws'

If America doesn't change gun laws (which means forget the 2nd amendment) he will leave. His quote. I say, when's your flight?

I notice you didn't respond to my post, which you asked me to write. I guess you concede you are wrong, and wished to not publicly state it. I take your silence on the matter to affirm you agree with me. Thanks!
edit on 31-12-2012 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

Sorry didnt respond because it seemed to me you were being melodramatic and just having a whinge.

He didnt say change the constitution he said change GUN LAWS!!!!!!!

According to many on your side the constitution is evolving and is interpreted by the supreme court, the 2nd Amendment which is the one in question does not say citizens shall have access to any weapon they want it says they have the right to bear arms.

I dont think it would be against the 2nd to limit the type and number of guns available.

Your choice to interpret his words the way you did is typical of gun nuts twisting everything

So how about you give some statistics that whot eh gun ban worked and is a good thing.

Number of gun massacres since the ban: 0
edit on 1/1/2013 by IkNOwSTuff because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 04:48 AM
link   
reply to post by jdub297

These reports have not been retracted or modified.

Yes they have, did you bother to read my reply?

What you and others fail to understand is that access to guns isn’t the root of the problem; socio-economic factors such as unemployment, lack of education/opportunity and poverty are significantly correlated to crimes of violence. The Chinese slashing, and the African maimings are grim reminders that guns are not the common denominator in large-scale atrocities against innocents.

What you and others fail to understand is that easy access to guns turns sick slashers or maimers into shooters who instead of injuring 20 kill 26

Each of the examples I cite have no purpose other than to kill. Does that, alone, render them morally or otherwise reprehensible? You seem to imply as much.

LMFAO

Really... REALLY

Your gonna use anti biotics and pesticide to try and make your position valid.
If you cant see how stupid that is Im wasting my time even responding to you

"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest." - Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.

Have you read the whole book or even chapter or are you just using qoutes youve found in other pro gun rants?
He was speaking specifically about being allowed to form an army, not have everyone running around with guns.

Haven't we already determined that "insanity" is doing the same thing over and again, and expecting a different result?

Seems like your admitting that everyone running around with guns is just gonna end in more school shootings, first piece of common sense youve written.

I notice you didnt say anything about your "fact" the UK is looking to ban knives

Anyway I asked you politely via U2U not to respond to me as I was done with these threads, speaking to gun nuts is like repeatedly banging your head against a brick wall only less productive.
No ones reading this or caring so if you feel the need to respond Im asking as a courtesy not to click on my reply button, Ive had this argument many times and its never anything new.
Good luck with your guns dude

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 04:55 AM
link   

Number of gun massacres since the ban: 0
edit on 1/1/2013 by IkNOwSTuff because: (no reason given)

How about the total number of suicides? Total number of homicides? Have those numbers changed? They haven't changed.

Gun ownership was very restricted before the ban. It is still not illegal to own a gun in Australia. As we have seen, guns are not the only instrument used for mass killings, it is highly unlikely a gun confiscation program that was somewhat seen as a disaster when it was implemented due to the small amount of guns that were taken is responsible for stopping an act which does not need a gun. It is more likely another explanation, one rooted in Australian culture, is the cause.

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 08:15 AM
link   
I hope he doesn't. He's big enough of an arse that we really don't want him back. The US can keep him. Please. We'll pay you

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Your gonna use anti biotics and pesticide to try and make your position valid. If you cant see how stupid that is Im wasting my time even responding to you

I'm not using them to make my position valid, but to reveal the idiocy of your's.

And my response to your claim that a gun is ‘only a tool for killing,’ was not an argument in support of guns, but a demonstration of the vapidity of your criticism of tools whose sole function is to kill!.

As is probably obvious I know bugger all about guns, the only thing I know for certain is they are a weapon whos sole purpose is to kill, they are not a "tool" unless you count killing as a use/purpose.
Poisons, insecticides, herbicides and anti-biotics exist solely to kill other things. You make no sense whatsoever in your delusions.

Your selective edting of my responses is further proof that you cannot face the reality that some valuable things have no purpose other than to kill.
You can try to misrepresent my posts, but you know that I was directly addressing your implication that guns serve no purpose except to kill, and are therefore useless to soiciety. That is pathetically sad and a reflection of the vacuousness of anti-gun attitudes.

As for the "knife ban," you seem to think that since the doctors proposed it 5 or 7 years ago, it isn't real. Nevertheless, it is still a topic garnering discussion here and abroad; and the UK has taken steps to de-legitimize the ownership of knives.

December 27, 2012 By Daniel Greenfield
Instead of gun crime, the UK worries about knife crime. And has been practicing knife control.
The UK outlawed the switchblade and gravity knife in 1959.
In 1988 possession of a pocket knife with a blade larger than 3 inches in public became illegal.
In 1996, it became illegal to sell any knives to anyone under 18, or a razor blade to anyone under the age of 16.
In 2007, you needed a license to be able to sell “non-domestic knives.”
Despite all that knifepoint robberies rose by 10 percent this year and there are some 60,000 stabbings each year. So the push is on to outlaw long kitchen knives. Once that’s done, surely utopia will be at hand.

frontpagemag.com...
See, also:

December 26, 2012 8:42 pm
The U.K. has once again done America a solid by providing a glimpse of the country’s Oceanic future: British medical “experts” are calling for kitchen cutlery control.
That’s right, America’s transatlantic in-laws, twice removed, have taken to contemplating a long knife ban in order to reduce the number of fatal stabbings.

www.ijreview.com...

Of course gun bans in the UK didn't deter Derrick Bird, David Copeland, Peter James Knight, Mohammad Sidique Khan, Shehzad Tanweer, Germaine Lindsay, Hasib Hussain from their subsequent murders of innocents, did they?

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by jdub297

I'm not using them to make my position valid, but to reveal the idiocy of your's.

LMFAO

Yeah saying we should ban anti biotics shows the idiocy of my argument

Im done with you, you win, guns are great and they never hurt anyone

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 01:41 PM
link   

reply to post by jdub297

Yeah saying we should ban anti biotics shows the idiocy of my argument

No, your argument itself reveals its idiocy.

Some very important and valuable things have no purpose other than to kill.
Your replies are pathetic.

jw

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by jdub297

LOL

to kill bacteria and weeds.

Kinda different to guns

Dude your hilarious.

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Laugh all you want.
You confirm your lack of sense and subservience to a central authority that considers you a source of revenue or statisitc, since you have nothing else of importance to contribute..
You can't accept the fact that we use things to kill, if for no other purpose.
You can't accept the fact that bans don't work.

April 15, 2011
KNIFE crime and gun killings have risen sharply in London despite an overall drop in crime across the capital in the past year, Met figures reveal.
There were 25 gun killings in the year to last month, up nine on the previous year's total, and a 5.7 per cent increase in knife crimes, amounting to an extra 723 incidents and taking the total number of offences with a blade to 13,341. The number of killings stood at 135 compared with the previous annual total of 120, and rape rose by 16.7 per cent -- an extra 473
Met Pledges Crackdown, Knife and Gun-related Crimes Surge

The Rev. Al Sharpton told a radio caller on Monday that if gun control laws lead to an increase in knife crimes, knife control will be next.
Next Stop: Knife Control

You and Al Sharpton; deganged minds think alike.

First, we already have, in effect, a handgun ban. Second, there is also a ban on murder, yet bad people are killing innocents all the time. You think murderers care about a handgun ban? Britain has some of the strictest gun laws in the world. It's seen a massive increase in knife crimes recently. Are you going to take my carving knife from me?

www.torontosun.com...

Increase in knife crimes in London
ITN's Tim Rogers reports on the increasing number of knife crimes by young people in London.

www.liveleak.com...

Once again the New Year was heralded in with a host of reported stabbings in the UK. Seemingly the policies put forward by the government are proving ineffectual in tackling knife crime in the country. It now appears to be a weekly occurrence that a victim suffers an attack that all too commonly leads to death.
One of Britain's leading criminologists has provided different answers than those provided by policy makers. After detailed research he came to the conclusion that the best thing MPs can do is provide opportunities to young men in deprived sections of society. These opportunities should be provided through increased education, training and jobs in order to take away the disadvantages felt by many in certain areas.
What is certain is that something has to be done rapidly to slow the increase in knife crimes countrywide. An estimate that a knife crime occurs in Britain every twenty four minutes offers the startling reality of just how bad the problem is. In a three month period last year there were 5,500 incidents involving knives, this figure breaks down into fifty five knife murders, two thousand stabbings and two thousand five hundred knifepoint muggings.
Of this total almost a quarter of these incidents were in the capital, revealing the shocking lawlessness on the city's streets; on average seventeen people were robbed at knifepoint a day in London.

www.articles3k.com...

What else would you ban when confiscation of guns doesn't stop crime?

jw

edit on 1-1-2013 by jdub297 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 04:58 PM
link   

. you are correct. but get out now. it would be less painful to go out and bang your head against the wall than argue your case...they will never ever get it.

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by bellagirl

. you are correct. but get out now. it would be less painful to go out and bang your head against the wall than argue your case...they will never ever get it.

I know but its good for a laugh

Seriously did you see this guys argument "if were gonna ban guns we should ban pesticides and antibiotics"

Im over it, I know gun nuts are gun nuts and it aint gonna change till someone they know gets gunned down in a mall or school, actually probably not even then

My other favourite one they use it that cause we dont have or want guns were subserviant to our government.

If they could somehow look past the stiffy that guns give them and see that guns everywhere leads to gun deaths they might catch some common sense.

I know Im being ridiculously optimistic

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join