It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How do you believe the first molecule of matter came into existence?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 06:18 PM
link   
I am interested in this from a scientific perspective. Since we know that matter has a finite age and eventually erodes, and that matter cannot create itself outside of itself...I'd like to hear some threories, out there or not, on how you think matter came into being. Not humans, or the earth, or even the galaxy or universe....but the first nano second when matter appeared.

And before someone says it, please no "nothingness implies something" stuff, I am not interested in pseudo philosophical answers, I am more interested in scientific answers. If there was ever actually nothing, a concept which we cannot actually concieve of, then there cannot be anything now, because again, there no matter which can create itself before it exists.

So...how do you think it happened?
edit on 29-12-2012 by BSFC123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 06:21 PM
link   
How long before this turns into a religious debate.. 5..4..3..2..

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   
If you want a scientific answer there isn't one science does not have a clue.

However the logical answer is matter has always existed in some form. Molecule implies that cells or particles came together to form a molecule so what ever came together to form the first molecule already existed and most likely always has and has never not existed...

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   
science cannot prove what it cannot see...

science can't even prove most of what we can see.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   
GOD

You can't make something out of an infinite of nothingness, therefore, an intelligent consciousness / design is needed.

Until they can beyond a shadow of a doubt prove that we came from absolute nothing, My answer will always be GOD

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by misscurious

Science is intertwined with God and anyone that thinks you can separate them isn't "Denying Ignorance"

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by misscurious

I am fine with religious arguments that have merit and logic.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Scientifically... We will never know unless something else tells us the answers.

My opinion. What we consider scientific fact is still get holes blown in it.

Personally science at that level is open the doors to our destruction. There was a reason science was condemned its a slippery slope to some evil stuff. Ie medical testing and picking apart stuff we don't understand.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by BSFC123
reply to post by misscurious

I am fine with religious arguments that have merit and logic.

The problem is not many do...

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   
How did the first molecule come into existence? In some way that is totally unfathomable to our puny brains.

The answer to that question isn't really as important as what we do with the molecules we have now.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Jusvistn

I agree. I am honestly curious as to what other theories there are out there.

link   

Originally posted by misscurious

Your the first to reply and YOU did !

link   
reply to post by Mrgone

Truer words were never spoken.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   
molecules didn't exist a second after the big bang, atoms kinda did. it was just some sort of hot soup with every thing mixed in, it was only when the universe started expanding even more that it started to cool down and atoms started to form as well as molecules.

Kinda like nuclear fusion.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   
This question cannot necessarily be answered.

That being said, I can talk about my opinion on "origin theories."

I happen to disagree with both "intellegent design" and the big bang theory, or any origin theory for that matter. What these theories fail to concieve is the concept of our universe being infinite. How can something without bounds have a beginning or an end? Our universe always has been and always will be.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   
I like to think that matter and anti-matter could pop into existence at the same time, kinda like; plus one add minus one = zero.

That could explain parallel universes too.
edit on 29-12-2012 by ken10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by marbles87

I have always thought it amazing....progress technologically and scientifically has saved millions and millions of lives....while at the same time, it has virtually assured our eventual destruction through either weaponry or scientific advances (man made virus, drug resistant bacteria, etc)

Man is literally his own worst enemy. No doubt about it.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by mavwynn

Scientifically it is impossible for our universe to be infinite. Because our universe is created out of matter, and matter is not infinite. Whether there was a solid mass of matter and gases, as big as ten galaxies a trillion years ago, and something caused that mass to break apart in perfect spherical shapes and become planets...regardless, there logically and scientifically had to be a beginning to matter.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jusvistn
GOD

You can't make something out of an infinite of nothingness, therefore, an intelligent consciousness / design is needed.

Until they can beyond a shadow of a doubt prove that we came from absolute nothing, My answer will always be GOD

I have come from an atheist position to believe exactly this: God must have created everything!

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   
No one who believes in science or the Big bang or evolution has any answer to your question.

Which begs a question. Why do we believe in something so fantastic as 'everything comes from nothing'.... unless we begin to class this belief system as something that requires 'faith'?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join