It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How do you believe the first molecule of matter came into existence?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

Officially, from the incredible energy delivered through the Big Bang's singularity, which nears infinite amount of energy.

But, if you ask me, I find that hard to believe. That's why there is physics... and Metaphysics.

There is not enough information to know for sure what really happened.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by BSFC123
I am interested in this from a scientific perspective. Since we know that matter has a finite age and eventually erodes, and that matter cannot create itself outside of itself...I'd like to hear some threories, out there or not, on how you think matter came into being. Not humans, or the earth, or even the galaxy or universe....but the first nano second when matter appeared.

And before someone says it, please no "nothingness implies something" stuff, I am not interested in pseudo philosophical answers, I am more interested in scientific answers. If there was ever actually nothing, a concept which we cannot actually concieve of, then there cannot be anything now, because again, there no matter which can create itself before it exists.

So...how do you think it happened?
edit on 29-12-2012 by BSFC123 because: (no reason given)

let me throw my opinion in favor of God. Matter does not create itself from nothing, it can only change from energy to matter and back again in different forms and levels, but it cannot self create. That would suggest that something even more powerful that " it " would have created it as an inferior by product of that source. That source would have to be greater than everything that is, and also outside of everything that is in order to create the first instance of matter. For some of us, that source is God.

Genesis 1:1-3
In the beginning God created the heavens and the Earth, and the Earth was without form and void and "darkness" was upon the face of the deep, and the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters,and God said, "Let there be light" and there was light.

This statement is the best explanation for the existence of everything. Science claims that until the big bang (expansion) there was only darkness and a singularity the size of a single atom, floating in the void. In an instant it became light and stayed light for almost 300,000 years before becoming mass with atomic structure. Quickly galaxies and stars formed then planets. 13.5 billion years later we have what we see today. This sounds a lot like Genesis 1:1-3 with the only difference being that credit is given to God being that outside force that "created" everything that is.

Now, let the religious debate begin and let the nay sayers and atheists come forth. But this is what I believe happened at the start of the creation of the first instance of matter.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 01:22 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 03:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fromabove

Science claims that until the big bang (expansion) there was only darkness and a singularity the size of a single atom, floating in the void.

That is actually not true. Science doesn´t claim anything, there are no scientific models for anything earlier than a few millisecs AFTER the big bang.

So please, if you refer to the "scientists", please do it correctly.

Other than that I am kind of with you. I acknowledge evolution and most of sciences accomplishments, because I understand how they came to be. There is no way around evolution. There is no way around measurable and provable facts.

BUT I still see an intelligent creator as a reason for all of this. I think there is a spiritual element in us, and I think it is there for a reason. So for me, a god has created our universe including the big bang, evolution and all the rest of it.

edit on 7-1-2013 by Nightaudit because: wrongly formatted

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 04:58 AM
link   
Molecules are one or more Atoms.
Atoms are made up of Protons and Neutrons
Protons and Neutrons are made up of Quarks and Gluons.
Quarks and Gluons are illusions created by the temporary locality of multiple, infentesimal, energy interactions in the superfluid vacum.

For all intents and purposes molecules are seemingly created via a number of randomly correlated events* where time (t) is the manifestor.

Maybe the environment that the energy exists within provides the framework for the randomly correlated events , (or constants of Nature as theorised by QST):

Planck’s con­stant
grav­i­ta­tional constant
fine-structure con­stant
ele­men­tary charge
Boltzmann con­stant
mag­netic constant
elec­tric constant
Coulomb’s con­stant
Stefan-Boltzmann con­stant
von Klitzing constant
Josephson con­stant
mag­netic flux constant
char­ac­ter­istic impedance
con­duc­tance quantum
quan­tized Hall conductance
first radi­a­tion constant
spec­tral radi­ance constant
second radi­a­tion constant
molar gas constant
Faraday con­stant
clas­sical elec­tron radius
Compton wave­length
Bohr radius
Hartree energy
Rydberg con­stant
Bohr mag­neton
nuclear mag­neton
Compton angular frequency
Schwinger mag­netic induction
grav­i­ta­tional coupling

edit on 7-1-2013 by Jukiodone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 04:58 AM
link   
Double Post
Bah

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by sconner755

This is as close to the truth as anyone (so far as this page anyway) has gotten. We're the ones who invented the concept of molecules, and labeled them as such. We're the ones who decided that we're material existence, and then labeled everything that we perceived as being similar to us as being material existence. There's was never anyone that ever declared reality to be what it is that wasn't a human being with two eyes, a nose and a mouth that sat just in front of a normal, human brain tucked inside a skull for safe keeping. It seems as if we all assume that the human race started with a basic reality overview that it received from some cosmic authority, but that's just not true. It started with making up interpretations of what it sees, feels, smell, tastes, and hears, and as it developed tools, that range of perception was likewise extended.

We treat the traditional view of material reality as if it's the only foundation that can ever exist, but that's just a consensus. Consensus isn't fact. It's just consensus.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Reply to post by Jusvistn

Well that was a stupid answer, intelligent design implies that there was never nothing to begin with, that there has always been something.

Perhaps energy itself has always existed, just because infinity is something we can't comprehend, doesn't mean it was real. I'm pretty sure that the primordial soup theory explains this, that everything existed infinitely at temperatures too hot for matter to form, and as it cooled, the Big Bang was the result, since it was cool enough for quarks to join together to create matter?

Obviously the primordial soup suggestion isn't proven, but if it's infinite, then its a much more magical possibility than someone/something intelligent.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 07:23 PM
link   
*doesn't mean it isn't real.

Damn Autocorrect, and can't edit on mobile

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 03:21 AM
link   
reply to post by domasio

Well, then you´d have to ask yourself where the soup came from.

I personally do not see a valid alternative to an intelligent creator. And I am NOT talking about intelligent design, I personally think that evolution and the big bang and pretty much all the rest that science has to offer is real. Just that I see some kind of intelligence as a reason for that. I do not think that this intelligence controls our lives or that we can/should/must pray to it. It just makes more sense to me to see the universe as the result of a logical process than just a random act of events. I think the universe was made/happened to be thrown into existence with life in mind. I think that so called premordial soup is built into the universe as a general potential for life.

Now, why this came to be I do not know. And do not think that we have a chance of fully understanding it. But, apart from a "god", I personally do not see any other logical explanation.

Especially atheists cannot offer an alternative. We know the big bang happened, and that evolution happened. Those are facts, yes. But science cannot offer any answer as to WHY those things happend. It can only explain the mechanics of it, not the reasons.

The fact that we are intelligent, and we obviously live in this system (universe), means that something more complex (or more intelligent) than us must be responsible for all of this.

Why on earth would we (including DNA, love, physics, the whole enchilada) just magically appear? It doesn´t make sense at all.

Anyway, let´s just be happy that we´re here
For whatever reason...

edit on 8-1-2013 by Nightaudit because: content added

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join