It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How do you believe the first molecule of matter came into existence?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 06:45 PM
link   
You mean for this current region of infinite space holding our Universe or farther away where there are infinite numbers of universes in every direction 360x360?

You assume infinite space, time, and their contents had a beginning. Not the cosmological theory I entertain.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Dream matter from a god?

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   
God exists outside this Universe and created this Universe because he was bored and lonely.
He said let there be light and turned on the light. He then thought that he had a lot of light but nothing in it so he decided to create things and before long he had planets and everything !
And he did it all in 6 days, although the jury's out how he knew what a day was. But he is God after all.
And by then he felt nackerred and on the seventh day he had a rest.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by BSFC123

Erm, if you really want to know then get off this site and read some physics books. Already there are a few replies from those who haven't a clue about physics and thus wrap this all up in a nice conspiracy or religious parcel.

Here's a taster but please READ elsewhere.

Have you heard of quantum mechanics ? Have you heard of virtual quantum particles ? have you heard of hawking radiation ? Very basically the vacuum of space is not empty but consists of a seething foam of particles and anti particles coming into existence and then recombining back again. What you have is two particles which are exactly opposite and thus when added together equal nothing ! These particles are continuously coming into existence. We know this is true due to the casimir effect. This is where two plates are so close together that the distance is less than the wavelength of the virtual quantum particles. This means there are less particles coming into existence between the plates than outside. This causes a force to be imparted from the outside that pushes the plates together. This has been measured. Therefore quantum virtual particles exists therefore the possibility of space "exploding/expanding" from "nothing" into a mass of exactly equal and opposite particles is entirely possible.

There is one sticking point which is nothing more than physicists having not yet determined the reason why (ie no need for God or conspiracies or denial of science or reams of nonsense deriding science) and that is : where is all the anti matter ? It is becoming more apparent that matter and anti matter behave slightly asymetrically and that would certainly affect the distribution of each. For all we know there are galaxies of anti-matter out there .

oops sorry, hawking radiation. Those virtual particles when created near a black hole result in one of the particles being captured by the event horizon whilst the other escapes. This leads to the black hole "glowing" an effect yet to be confirmed but some tantalising observations hinting it may exist have been made.

Please please please remember that is 2012 not 1912 nor 2112. Imagine what we know now compared to 1912 and thus imagine what we will know in 2112 compared to now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DUH! The book of physics is still being written and we still do not need to invent God.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   

I have put some thought into this and my simple conclusion is
So that ladies/women can
Gossip&Bitch
It is Logical

Cran

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by BSFC123

Perhaps I may have changed the subject of the post a bit. I was speaking about the origin of the universe more than matter itself. Also, is our universe actually made of matter? I think it makes more sense to say that our universe is made of space, some of which is occupied by matter.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Our universe expands, if there are others around us they get compressed.

We were maybe one of those others that was compressed many aeons ago by surrounding universes until we got so small the only way to go was outwards. Our high pressure overcame the vanishing pressure of those that surrounded us and BANG!

Everything has always been here, and it is ever changing like a non stop morphing fractal.

And god cannot exist in anything but imagination because there was and isn't any time for him to step in or start from.

So that first molecule may change but the stuff it was made from has always been around me thinks.

link   
reply to post by cranspace

LMAO. This have been theoretically proven.

link   
Matter, perhaps, is 'congealed' energy. Energy that, while emanating in waves, became self-aware and suddenly regarded itself, thus collapsing into particles in a chain reaction which continued to be bombarded by waves of energy, swirling in eddies amongst the new particles. Somewhere in all of this interaction, the particles clumped together and, imbibed with the continued flow of energy, became matter (congealed energy) mobilized by energy. That is what we now call LIFE.

Or not.

link   
To answer the question of your topic...

Awareness.

Thats what i think.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by yorkshirelad

Interesting. I am just looking to hear what people think, and this is a good example. Thanks.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by BSFC123

The absolute best we can do at this time is follow the evidence. It may lead to the wrong answer, but the evidence is all we have. Here is that evidence:

We have evolution, meaning that (if correct) evolution takes a simple organism and makes it complex.

We have seeds that start very small and grow into things as large as trees. Even the female egg and male sperm has to be formed one step at a time, and when combined, it grows into a biologically complex creature.

Sperm itself must go from a non-living thing to a living thing.

So, why would the formation of life be any different? If we look at the evidence, then it suggests that life itself had to evolve from non-life into a living thing. How? I have no idea, but some form of evolution is the best answer for now.

edit on 12/29/2012 by jiggerj because: (no reason given)

edit on 12/29/2012 by jiggerj because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Molecules do not exist. The concept of a molecule is a human construct. We observe patterns and label them molecules.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Maybe because someone, or something not so different from ourselves, or very different, thought about it. And so it became. And they exist because someone else thought it... And it goes on and on and on and on....

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 07:13 PM
link   
...because it could...

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by yorkshirelad

We didnt invent God, apparently God invented us. Lighten up mate!, these types of threads are a daily occurrence.
The answer is no-one really knows but as opinions are like assholes everyone has one.
You can read all the scientific journals you want but no-one and I mean no-one truly has an answer yet.
That is provable without a shadow of doubt.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj
reply to post by BSFC123

We have evolution, meaning that (if correct) evolution takes a simple organism and makes it complex.

I would say it's the other way round. Something has needs and to adapt to those needs it simplifies the next generation to cope better with it.

Sperm itself must go from a non-living thing to a living thing.

Sperm is very much a living thing in the first place.

So, why would the formation of life be any different? If we look at the evidence, then it suggests that life itself had to evolve from non-life into a living thing. How? I have no idea, but some form of evolution is the best answer for now.

Every part of what you are now has come from things that have been alive from every ancestor you have ever had.

Freaky eh? Hard to imagine when it all started and maybe if "it" has always been around.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by pacifier2012
No one who believes in science or the Big bang or evolution has any answer to your question.

Which begs a question. Why do we believe in something so fantastic as 'everything comes from nothing'.... unless we begin to class this belief system as something that requires 'faith'?

No one that believes in religion will, because "god did it" isn't the answer. Scientific answers require effort, thought and experiment. Religious answers require one brainwashed sentence. One day maybe we will discover the answer, but I think it's unlikely because it's not something we can observe at the moment, and that isn't a discredit to science.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   
The first molecule formed when the first atoms bonded together. I answered your question.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 07:56 PM
link   
If you know (or have heard of M-Theory), which is one of the leading theories explaining what happened before the Big Bang, it attempts to answer this question.

In short (very short), M-Theory describes matter as not only miniscule strings of energy, but as membranes (or branes for short) of energy. I believe these branes were so close together, that as described earlier, the casimir effect forced 2 branes to touch, transferring all the energy of each brane into creating our Universe. The energy transfer was so large and hot, that it expanded (like when air heats, it expands) at an unbelievable speed. Being so hot, the laws of physics as we know them were not yet in existence. As this energy field expanded, it cooled. Once it cooled to a certain temperature, the beginning of the laws of physics we know came into existence, slowing the expansion to the speed of light.

The expansion and cooling continued over a vast time frame , to the point where it was cool enough for the field to condense into vibrating strings of energy (like moist air condensing on a cold glass to form water droplets). Cooling further, these strings condensed into the particles we know as; electrons, quarks, muons, etc... Cooling further, condenses into protons and neutrons. These particles then condense into helium atoms.

Larger and heavier atoms are created when the existing matter in the universe begins to clump together due to static electricity, heats up and ignites into stars. This heat fuses the helium into larger more complex atoms, etc....

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join