It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

First legal action to come out of CT Tragedy

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 09:08 PM
link   

(Reuters) - A $100 million claim on behalf of a 6-year-old survivor is the first legal action to come out of the Connecticut school shooting that left 26 children and adults dead two weeks ago.

The unidentified client, referred to as Jill Doe, heard "cursing, screaming, and shooting" over the school intercom when the gunman, 20-year-old Adam Lanza, opened fire, according to the claim filed by New Haven-based attorney Irv Pinsky.

"As a consequence, the ... child has sustained emotional and psychological trauma and injury, the nature and extent of which are yet to be determined," the claim said.

Link to full article

I'm not entirely sure how I feel about this, your thoughts?

+4 more 
posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 09:11 PM
link   
I'm pretty sure I know how I feel about this.

It's callous and low.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 09:12 PM
link   
My thought is it's greedy parents looking to exploit a terrible tragedy. There is no way this child woke up one morning and said "Mom, Dad, I want to sue for 100 million dollars". And what a ridiculous amount of money to sue for. I can see a sensible amount, but 100 million?

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Alls I know is I heard the interview with several children there and not a single on mentioned hearing this on the intercom. I know that story got floated early on. However, it dematerialized about the time the story went from an argument with the shooter in the Princpal's office after she buzzed him in to, he shot his way in.

So who is she claiming turned on the intercom? In the accounts of the staff they don't acknowledge hearing it or turning it on either.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 09:13 PM
link   
If the parents of those kids that were slaughtered aren't suing, then whoever this is needs to back off. That's how I feel about it.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 09:15 PM
link   
How disgusting that the first claim for money CAME
FROM A SURVIVOR!!

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by ~Lucidity

It's callous and low.

With the info about this we have, I'm right there with you. It sounds just like a typical opportunistic lawsuit. I could be wrong and all, but that's what my "gut" says.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by ~Lucidity

It's callous and low.

Having the warning played on the intercom possibly saved their child's life.
I bet the kid is traumatized, but at least alive

The parent's are idiots..

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 09:20 PM
link   
This is a slap in the face to everyone who lost their life that day. But then, we all knew this was coming, so it really isn't unexpected, and no doubt there will be more.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 09:23 PM
link   
I'm willing to bet the parents that lost their children would pay $100 million for the chance to get them back.

What a mad world

edit on 28-12-2012 by iamhobo because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Jusvistn

Irving Pinsky. Home & Hospital Call. Ny Federal Court

Personal Injury Law. Auto Accidents. Drunk Driving. Auto/Truck/Motorcycle Injuries. Fractures & Head Injuries. Wrongful Deaths. Workers' Compensation. Medical Malpractice. On the Job Injuries. Construction Injuries. Ct State & Federal Courts. 24/7 Emergencies. Free Parking

411.info...

At least the lawyer's real. That's a relief.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by iamhobo
I'm willing to bet the parents that lost their children would pay $100 million for the chance to get them back.

What a mad world

edit on 28-12-2012 by iamhobo because: (no reason given)

I'm Sure They Would.

I Would.

Yeah. ... It Is, anymore
:shk:

link   
I'm pretty certain that all of the children that were in the school that day are traumatized, and i'm certain they are all going to need some form of counciling or coping help, and I would think that the district/state/whomever,, are ready, willing and prepared to provide that for them, but what an ungodly amount of money to ask for! And apparently (my opinion) the parents are well aware of how shallow it is as they are refusing to give their names.

link   
Seriously!!! Denied due to bad form, go home and hug your daughter because you still can!

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Andy Murray No2 or No3 best tennis player in the world, was a survivor of the Scottish Mass shooting in Dumblane.

He no doubt is haunted still by what happenned, but I doubt he has earned 100 million dollars yet from being a wimbledon champion ect.

THe 100 million should go to the parents of the dead and wounded.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 09:43 PM
link   

I must respectfully disagree. In every interview done with the students at the school, all were composed, showed no swollen eyes or faces that would convey they had cried. None of their eyes are fearful.
None report hearing shots.
Either reverberating though the school nor over the intercom.

Their testimony carries the most weight with me. Not what adults are saying nor what reporters are coaching and asking leading questions for them to say.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 09:46 PM
link   
this suit is just an excuse for someone to try to make money off of other's pain. first off i saw nothing about the shooting on the intercom, did it happen in the office? from what i remember of the systems only the office could send to all intercoms where classrooms were limited to calling the base station (office) only. on top of that 100 million is just a bit excessive.

how is the school system culpable in this? if anyone is culpable it is the shooter. other than that they would have to figure out exactly why the person did it, to try to find blame for others.

just shows how people will prostitute themselves just to make a buck i guess. i guess they feel lucky their child was there to give them this great opportunity to make a buck. makes me a bit ill that people are like this.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 09:46 PM
link   
when do we ban lawyers? they are more dangerous then guns...

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 09:47 PM
link   

To me this is so difficult. I don't know the parents or what their motives are; I don't know if they are good people; I am hoping they are.

I think if they are filing the financial claim to truly help their daughter; with therapy costs and perhaps save the money for her educational future; such as college; if they have this kind of intention and motivation; then I say go for it!

Right now the most important thing is the health of their child; and all the professional help and love that she needs; I just hope that the parents are good people.

I do worry about all the children that were affected by the CT experience; I just hope and pray they are all getting the help that they need.

edit on 28-12-2012 by caladonea because: correct spelling punctuation

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Great!
Maybe we'll all get to learn the facts about what really happened.
We learned a bit about OJ that way.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join