It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's your take on a Quija Board?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Hey guys,
Just looking to hear some valid opinions on these things. Here is my little story.

I've played with a Quija board multiple times in multiple places (including my house). I have had 2 strange experiences with it which i do not feel like sharing right now. I will say, however, that I believe that my friend and I have haunted his house with it. Ever since the 3rd grade (the day we played it) his house has been soaring with activity. He is not scared of it but I've had some strange experiences while sleeping over there. Luckily, I have never had an experience in my own life to make me believe that anything is "attached" to me. Everyone I've played with has had some sort of unexplained event happen to them. But I have never had one. I will never play with a Quija board again though. Thoughts?

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 08:59 PM
link   
I don't trust them.

Have a couple friends that have used them then had weird stuff happen in their houses. Noises, shadows, etc. Either them being paranoid from the stigma of the board, or they let something in.

They used some white sage to get rid of the affliction, be it paranoia or spiritual.

edit on 28-12-2012 by scorpiosin because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 09:03 PM
link   
I have to admit, albeit always having been very curious, I have never tried one. And never will.

Chances are they're a whole load of pish... but what if they're not? I think some things are best left alone.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Oh that's easily a favorite pick at family boardgame night at my house

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 09:06 PM
link   
The Ouija board is really no more than an aid to communicating with your subconscious. The after effects you speak of are more likely those peoples fears and subconscious beliefs playing out. Still, the subconscious is a powerful force in your life. Be careful how you program it.
edit on 12/28/2012 by Klassified because: spelling

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 09:08 PM
link   
It opens a door to communication, however, you just don't always know what will come through that door. Just as here there are good and evil, same for on the other side.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 09:09 PM
link   
I'm glad you won't play with one again is my first thought. If you didn't get blow back from using it, you did well or were simply fortunate.

My experiences with them are something I've talked a lot on here about in a couple other threads but I'll recap real quick... My friends and I ..as teens..set out to prove Magick didn't exist. We figured it was B.S....almost. Heck.. Teens, right? Always hoping just a little..to see something actually work. Anyway, what better way to get to the heart of the matter and screw with the biggest stuff around, if stuff actually exists, than to get a Ouija Board! Indeed... It started with a toy store one and ended with a hand crafted one but what they're made of doesn't matter. I once used sticky post it notes on the underside of a Coffee table to stand for the letters and numbers. It looks totally absurd, but it worked for the need of that moment.

Very long story short .... We ended up proving it was real, not fake and proved it far too well. Ouija was one thing we'd done ... something to do with Mirrors...was another and 'nough said to that. It's important to simply note the Ouija wasn't the only factor. However, a friend got hurt and one was almost killed. The latter, getting a shove in the small of her back hard enough to put her down her own stairs from top to bottom. I'm glad we were all teens. What it finally took was enlisting the help of a very warm and kind Coven (Wicca followers) that intervened and got our dumb tails out of the line of fire. It cost some too...not money. I wish. It did solidfy my own choice of Faith though, and I'd like to think I've repaid that debt beyond immediate cost by helping others similarly when possible.

That's one experience though, since you asked. Indeed.. I believe they are 100% real and have no doubt in my PERSONAL mind, what we contacted and what made us it's personal mission afterward. The coven supplied the name later for trivia interest...but I'd stay away from Ouijas unless someone intends to pursue that as a serious, long term and trained activity. It's sure not a toy, eh? (Oh..and never ever alone..ever..
)

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Leave it the hell alone. I saw first hand the results. If it's too late then pray, call on the name of Jesus, get a priest and banish the demons you may have invited into your presence. I am not being sarcastic.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 09:12 PM
link   
This is one thing that I'm superstitious about. I don't know why they seem so creepy to me, maybe it's all the horror stories. It's one of those things that I'm in the better safe than sorry mindset about. The superstition probably nets whoever mass produces them a decent amount of money though.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 09:13 PM
link   
When I was in my teens I lived in a plaice which I firmly believed to be high in paranormal activity, some friends and I picked up an Ouija board and gave it a whirl. While certain events can be blamed on subconscious, certain can't. I will be brief because I don't have a lot of time, but when you light a couple dozen white candles and a single black candle, then ask the board to put out the black candle due to its negative energy and the black candle instantly goes out, yeah it's creepy. Not to mention it told us historical facts of the house which after a little research, checked out to be true.

I don't play that family game anymore.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I have never had a backblow, I believe my friends I have played with took the heat. I also come from a very positive home life with no bad or negative history. Do you think something could still happen? Hopefully not, I don't really know what to think of the supernatural and I am not religious. It chills me a little bit, but not to the point where I start shaking or anything. I will never ever touch one again though, it seems the board has a way to warn previous participants of it's abilities. Everyone I know will never play it again. It is because they are scared of it, even if nothing has ever happened to them.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Its really not a board game at all. Its not some subconscious communication. Its a communication hub for contacting demonic beings, simple as that. If you open that door, you better damn well know how to close it.

Just having it in your possession alone is asking for trouble. Get rid of it and burn it..literally.
edit on 28-12-2012 by sylent6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Good post...

I just hope others will LISTEN to what you said and learn.

This is about opening spiritual doors and inviting demonic spirits into a persons life.

The REAL question is WHY are people ignoring the warnings?

Once we realize this, it becomes much easier to see why evil spirits want to communicate with humans through divination and encourage its use. One particularly clever way of doing so is to market Ouija boards and other forms of divination as harmless games to be used for entertainment and enjoyment.

Evil spirits stand to benefit greatly whenever humans divine. They know that once a person begins to divine, a spiritual door or portal opens between the material world and the spiritual world.

Ouija Boards

Remember The Exorcist? It’s a highly sensationalized and less-than-accurate movie portrayal of an exorcism that occurred in the 1940s. There is, however, an important part of the story that is related correctly. In the actual case, a twelve-year-old boy was introduced to the Ouija board by his aunt, who was a witch. Some time after teaching her nephew how to use the board, she died, and the boy tried to contact her spirit via the Ouija board. Instead of contacting his dead aunt, he unwittingly contacted demons who disguised themselves as friendly spirits.

St. Paul warns us that “even Satan disguises himself as an angel of light” (2 Cor. 11:14). In another place, Jesus tells us that the devil “has nothing to do with the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks according to his own nature, for he is a liar and the father of lies” (John 8:44). Believing that these beings were his friends, the boy continued to contact them by using the Ouija board. Eventually, he became possessed by multiple demons. A formal exorcism finally freed him of what must be the most spiritually terrifying experience a human being can endure on earth.

Ouija Boards

During my former phone ministry every single harassment victim I worked with who'd ever used a Ouija Board had demonic spirits manifest (make their presence known) in the course of the deliverance session. Even when a person fails to contact a spirit through the Ouija Board, the mere act of trying invites demonic spirits into his life.

I've worked with literally hundreds of harassment victims, helping them to identify the things in their lives that have opened the doors to the demonic. In every case -- without exception -- demonic spirits have manifested in association with anything for which a power had been assigned.

In 1949 in Cottage City, Maryland a boy started exhibiting unusual symptoms after he and his family had used a Ouija Board. This boy's bed would shake, and furniture would move when he was present -- pushed by an unseen force. While most harassment victims don't experience having the furniture moved, shaking and vibrating beds are common. The spirits harassing this boy took possession, and the boy's experiences became more and more bizarre. When medical science was unable to help the boy, a priest was called in. Nearly thirty years later, William Peter Blatty wrote a book loosely based on the boy's experiences. This book was to become the basis for the blockbuster movie The Exorcist.

Ouija Boards and Communicating with Demonic Spirits

THE OUIJA BOARD: AN OCCULTIC DOORWAY TO DEMONIC SPIRITS
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by ZetaExplorer15

I've never gotten one to work before, and I've tried, on several occasions. Which is kind of disappointing, since I am an occultist, and the Ouija Board has been toted as a spiritual tool for decades now. I'm of the belief that the idiomotor effect is the most likely culprit behind Ouija Board activity (if there ever is any).

More than likely, a majority of Ouija Board stories are simple white lies. People who want so bad to believe in an afterlife, or who have been raised to believe Ouija Boards are evil, invent these "stories" about entities haunting them after using one because it reinforces their own spiritual or religious biases.

Also, if you're interested at all, Penn and Teller on their television show "Bull#!" did an episode on mediums, near-death experiences, and the Ouija Board. Here's the whole episode on YouTube.

~ Wandering Scribe

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 09:51 PM
link   
I ran across these comments below a YouTube video that are pretty mind blowing:

I have played this game because I was curious if it was real or fake. So I played it 3 years ago with my friends at my house. One of my friends died 2 days later by playing this game. Just warning you its real and if you wanna play this game be ready to live with the consequences! Who knows what you are faced with!! don't %&@$ around with the devil he's stronger then you think. This is not science it real dark magic!

DMB7226 7 months ago Source

All of you that are saying that Ouija boards are fake are DEAD... WRONG!!!! My dad was almost KILLED using one to try to contact his grandpa when he was a kid. PLEASE! DONT USE ONE!?

Catarina Roza 2 months ago Source

A girl I know CLAWED HER FACE TO PIECES after playing with a Ouiji board. She went crazy!!!!!. PLEASE guys just don't even go there. These things are bad news.

Jakki Jimms 1 month ago Source

Once you use the damn thing, you let your door open to evil spirits. A friend of mine used it a long time ago and now she's in a hospital. She starts talking about a tall black thing that watches her and talks to her. She regrets using the Ouija board.

lupster4 2 months ago Source

We played that in the closet for fun while laughing like idiots...until the closet closes itself from outside locking us inside ... We were screaming like dogs in a cage with asthma and in the dark, we couldnt see a thing. I was 8 back then and the older brother of my friend had to break trough the door so we can get out... I was scared...

There is still a dark spirit attached to me and its been 14 years since. I think it is related to what happened on that day. The spirit is screaming at me and scaring me during some of my nights... I wake up swearing and I am paralyzed each time...I am not joking man.

Vinnyboy333 2 months ago Source

I knew a girl that had the ouija board predict the death of her friend in a week via a car crash. A week to the day she died.

afar1 4 months ago Source

i cannot stress enough than to ask you DO NOT USE THIS all this does is open up the world of dark spirits my aunt was with a group of high school students they did this 1 student died 1 student went missing and my aunty was put into a mental institution for the rest of her life you can never close this curse once the board is in action it will never stop and it meaning the spirits will kill thats all they want

uthinkitsover 5 months ago Source

A few words of warning . Once contact is made , it's for LIFE ! The end result is usually an untimely death , suicide , insanity , voices in the head , the feeling of being possessed and not being able to move ..... and things of that nature . You have been warned

harmageden 5 months ago Source

My uncle actually died from using one of these. My mother told me. She told me how it happened, but I think it's too personal to put it up for the trolls to laugh at. Anyway I was told not to play with them because they're dangerous.
Chuck Norris 10 months ago Source

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 09:52 PM
link   
If you don't wish to add djinn to your "tonic," stay away.

I've told my children to walk out the front door of where ever they're at if a friend, or acquaintance, brings out this "game."

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 09:52 PM
link   

When I was a child my family including grandparents would have an ouja board sessionafter Christmass dinner.
Later in life my older sister had a sleepover party.
They set the ouji board up in the kitchen , and guess what all but one girl ran screaming out of the hpouswe and never came back.
They even left their overnight bags.
I was a witness to the events that caused this sudden exodus.
Leave it alone.
We are surrounded by spirits, there are spirits probably behind us all, looking over our shoulders as we type.
But we are protected , or divided from them...by life.
Don't mess with the connections.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Murgatroid

You see, though, i have never had a "bad" experience. Sure, I've had strange happenings (never in my house, only at my friends) and I am growing up in a VERY positive home life. I believe that my family has such a strong positive energy that we just canceled out alot of negative energy. Sure we've been through the good and the bad, but nothing significant has happened to us, even after playing the Quija board.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Always remember...

There are NO "friendly" ghosts. And they ALWAYS lie..

"Ghosts" are actually undercover demons with a stealth agenda.

Demons, just like vacuum cleaner salesmen, will use ANY doorway you leave open.

Quija Boards are a doorway to hell.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Hey guys, Just looking to hear some valid opinions on these things.

It's low level ego games based on 2nd-5th grade curiosity.

As an adult, if you want to fly like and eagle, you have make sure you distance yourself from turkey's.

Meditate instead. Study anything that has to do with Enlightenment, Third Eye and Heart opening, Nondual philosophy and the State of No I, tai chi, philosophy, Christian Mysticism, Meister Eckhart, Etc

Checkout the meditationexpert website for starters. Just google them

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join