It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's your take on a Quija Board?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 10:09 PM
link   
My mother burned the game in our fireplace when I was a kid. She never told me what happened -she just told me never to use one. She died when I was 12, so 35 years later I still don't know. Whether it is occult or not, I think the best course of action is to bring out the Pictionary on Family Game Night.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZetaExplorer15
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Do you think something could still happen? Hopefully not, I don't really know what to think of the supernatural and I am not religious.

It chills me a little bit, but not to the point where I start shaking or anything. I will never ever touch one again though, it seems the board has a way to warn previous participants of it's abilities.

First I have to say upfront..I know only what I've learned by life experience in what I described and the Faith I've followed and practiced since turning 18. That is quite a bit, but I'm by no means an expert. I've certainly met some within my Faith who have seen and done more than I can imagine in my own life.

Having said that first, in my experience, if you have had no indications of long term lingering problems, I wouldn't expect any. I've not known the problems from using a Ouija to be either subtle or particularly coy about appearing far down the line. The speed of knowing you just did something that wasn't a great idea ought to be real quick. I can say in my personal experiences....I first had a presence and experienced problems within 1 day of using it the first time.

It's also very interesting how you put the second part. The first time we'd all sat down to open the box and use our new board from the toy store there was one girl in the group who chose to watch with a couple others. No biggy..She was a close friend (past tense..almost right away, sadly) and simply didn't want to toy with it the first time through. She was also Catholic although no really practicing as I recall. Christmas Catholic, so to speak. When the planchet started moving she absolutely went hysterical nuts. I mean TRUE HYSTERIA. As if Satan himself were standing feet away and telling her it was time.... It wasn't an act. In her mind anyway, whatever she felt or sensed was like death to her. She also terminated friendships with everyone in the room within a day or so. I never saw her again but from a distance anyway.. So, indeed... It seems to impact different people in different ways. She'd never even touched the box, let alone the board.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Never had the desire to mess with one personally. Between the babe's natural affinity for the little people; brownies in the house, faye in the woods, and other elementals; the wife's natural attenuation of feeling their energies; and the mother-in-law's personal demon (whom we had to exile outside while she lived with us), It's all too real to be messing with that sort of thing...

JB

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 11:23 PM
link   
I had an interesting experience with one as a teenager. Lets just say I ended up with a friend who wouldn't go away until we moved and he also strangled my friend.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 11:43 PM
link   
I love the paranormal and studying, learning about it and the like. However, I have to say from the bottom of my heart, for your protection STAY AWAY from Quija Boards. Please, anything could come through there and I don't want you or your loved ones to be harmed.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 11:53 PM
link   
Any of you guys ever do the similar thing with the table tipping? Real interesting.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 11:59 PM
link   
I say the human mind and its imagination works in mysterious ways indeed. I really think what happens is directly connected to the amount of energy and belief put into the session.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 12:32 AM
link   
My take on a ouija board is that everyone can get one to work but me. Out of every time I have used one (alone and with 1-10 other people) it has only worked once. I've used one dozens of times and nothing.

The one time it worked I was at a party and people were drinking. We were asking questions to ourselves and seeing if the board answered correctly. It did every time and people started flipping out and put it away before my turn

I don't know why that time worked. Alcohol, a large number of people...something.

Would love to try again, despite all the warnings. I just need to know for myself.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 01:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Bedlam

Anyone into table tipping etc. needs to read this (follow link):

"Ian Clayton, a New Zealand prophet and father of four, is a man who found himself seemingly chosen by the demonic realm to become a great occult leader.

At age 12, his growing awareness of God led him to the Bible and he started reading it from the beginning. Halfway through Deuteronomy he decided that it was full of rules and regulations and didn’t want anything to do with it. Just as he shut the Bible he heard a voice say, “Put your hand on top of the table and pick the table up.” Ian put his hand flat on the table top and it rose, sideways off the floor.

“It was an amazing power rush,” Ian explained. “Suddenly, I walked in power.”

Meanwhile, signs and wonders manifested in Ian’s life much to his surprise and others’ shock.

“I would put my hand out and it would go into the wall—not up against it,” he said.

When I got angry at somebody I would release spirits and the people either were killed or became sick. At one point, my father got sick and my mother ended up in hospital because of my cursing them.”

Excerpt from Shifting Shadows of Supernatural Power

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 01:24 AM
link   
30+ yrs ago my brother and his friends tried one a few times as teens..there were results and doubtful if they were subconcious messages, a name came up and after researching the name it was of a norse god..which is interesting as we are of norwegian ancestory, my brothers friends were asian..pretty creepy, the board was not used again

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 04:26 AM
link   
My take is that they are a door way to the spirit world that should remain closed. Once opened you are chancing a negative entity to walk through. Sometimes people get "lucky", and nothing happens. But, more times than not, people regret opening that door.

Leave it alone.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 05:18 AM
link   
Others are NOT so "lucky"...

This guy ended up getting possesed:

For those of you who want to see just how dangerous and deadly this occult device really is, I would highly recommend that you read this book: “The Ouija Board – A Doorway to the Occult”..

In this book are real, live, documented cases of people who literally drew in evil demonic spirits in their lives as a result of engaging with the ouija board – and in many of these cases, these demons actually entered into the person’s body. This device is so deadly and dangerous, that even many mediums will not try and dabble with it.

"...a 22 year old man was playing with a ouija board with his girlfriend one night. One night as they were playing with it, a ghost all of a sudden appeared to him and started to talk with him. He then left his girlfriend’s house, but the ghost followed him all the way back to his home. When he got back home, the ghost would not quit talking to him. He said he got mad and tried to tell it to leave, but it would not obey him.

He then called up one of his friends who was a Christian and she told him that it was probably a demonic spirit and that he should command it to go to the light of Jesus Christ. When she pronounces out this specific command to the demon, this particular demon leaves.

But then all of a sudden a bigger and more evil, demonic spirit now starts talking to him, but this time this spirit is now speaking to him from the inside of his body. In other words, this demonic spirit has now entered into his body and has now taken up full residence in there. From this point on, this man now has a real live demon literally living on the inside of him."

Dangers of the Ouija Board

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Not again....USE the SEARCH function upper right corner...and dont mess with the board. At all. Ever. Play cards or something else

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 08:37 AM
link   
play multiplayer on line, its far more safer than this, the experience is better, although a possession might be more like a virtual reality game depends what you are going after, you know what they say. all games get old after a while.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Instinctively I distrust them and don't want to risk messing with them. By the way I have heard that places are not haunted, people are so if you did manage to bring something forth, it would probably stay with you and not just the house.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   
My advise- do not even have one in your house. I had my own experience with one years ago. I relate it to the old vampire theory of having to invite them in. Once there it's hard to get rid of them. Don't do anything to invite evil into your home. Most of the time, it's teenagers or those who 'don't believe' just 'playing around'. It's not a game.

I have found through personal experience that if you have 'something' in your home, unless it is a really strong force, the person who owns the home can make them leave. The owner must verbally command them to leave in the name of Jesus Christ. I recommend adding "and never return" to the speech. The name and power of Christ is very powerful, and there is power in the spoken word.

When I was a teenager there was a 'fad' going around involving the use of a mirror in a darken room. I witnessed strange things while others tried it, including seeing it scare the heck out of my older brother who had recently returned home from Viet Nam. I refused to try it myself. Stay away from anything like this.

To those of you who try to explain it away as 'mental tricks' or the like, go get a Quija Board and give it a try. You will change your mind. Just remember, you were warned.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Quija board or any device to get in touch with the metaphysical, or occult; it's best to be armed with the sword of faith, shield of knowledge and the shoes of a fisherman.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 07:21 AM
link   
Figured I would post this video again, since it appears to have been overlooked during the initial rounds. Penn and Teller, on their show "Bull#!" do a thorough job of debunking the Ouija Board, proving pretty convincingly that it is nothing more than the Idemotor Effect. Obvious warning, strong language in the video.

As before, my opinion is that all of the "opened doors" and "demonic haunting" supposedly caused by Ouija Boards are just fear-mongering, or because of a different cause. The Ouija Board does not work, it is nothing more than some cardboard, and overactive imaginations.

~ Wandering Scribe

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 07:45 AM
link   
Those boards are dangerous. The reason might vary from person to person, because the spirit-world is constantly shifting depending on who looks at it. There are just guidelines, not rules for that place. But, it's basically a dangerous shortcut. If you have clairvoyance and meditate, keep on reading. If not, just ignore the next paragraph.

I think that the link to the spirit-world should be designed by pure spirit. If you start adding other factors like mind-altering substances or material objects into the equation, you might get a hard time severing the connection if something goes wrong. The spirit-world should be accessible only by willpower by those who has the gift. If a person without the gift enters, he or she will be at the mercy of forces beyond their control. If a material object is used, that object will be a bridge between worlds. To maintain balance, the object will be haunted. If a mind-altering substance is used, the person will not be able to sever the connection if something goes wrong. You will know if you have the gift, and if you do an hour of meditation a day will be enough to gain the wisdom required to see everything. This is, if you have read enough knowledge to achieve this.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 08:27 AM
link   
I believe that the ouija board is bad. A friend I used to have told me about her experiences with one and that she actually used to be possessed which she believed was the result of "playing". I don't remember all the gory details but she used to be harassed pretty badly.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join