It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SYMBOLISM - Witchcraft, Mind Control, Masons, Illuminati

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 01:23 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wifibrains
reply to post by bknapple32

You do have the James bond look in your avatar.....
just kidding though.

Interesting, did you know Ian Fleming was involved with the famed occultist/satanist Alistair Crowley?

007 was in fact the codename one John Dee, court magician and astrologer to Queen Elizabeth, would use when sending information involved in his espionage activities.

The Mystical James Bond
by Douglas Chapman
www.strangemag.com...

Philip Gardiner's book The Bond Code: The Dark World of Ian Fleming and James Bond reveals how Bond-creator Ian Fleming's connections with the occult helped him create the mystique of his greatest creation. It covers ground not mined so deeply in more prosaic books on Fleming, such as John Pearson's The Life of Ian Fleming.

Gardiner was inspired to his explorations by a television airing of Live and Let Die, a Bond adaptation with genuine occult material. He noticed the connection between the "standard" James Bond plot in the books and movies and the alchemical Great Work — and the self-work "journey" that is implied in such stories.

Gardiner clarifies that, in most of the books, Bond has to unite with the feminine principle to achieve his goal. But so do many heroes in print fiction and the movies. While Gardiner experiences this theme through symbolism, it is a basic plot formula.

Nevertheless, Gardiner catches details others might miss. In the novel Live and Let Die, when Bond and the heroine Solitaire unite in love, Gardiner describes: "In the alchemical terminology, Solitaire is the watery, wise Sophia of the Gnostics, and Bond is the fire. The picture is painted with Solitaire's hair falling down in a 'cascade,' and Bond being described as an 'angry flame.'"

. . .

The Magic of Names

The codes in the Bond books go beyond any used by the characters within them; they are implanted in many of the names. It is not surprising that Ian Fleming would fill his books with hidden details. Fleming was a bibliophile, with an outstanding collection of books in a surprising number of fields, especially works that had "started something." There were esoteric volumes among them. As one of his literary efforts, Fleming once translated a lecture by Carl Jung about Paracelsus. (Jung had been fascinated with the esoteric system of Gnosticism, and considered Paracelsus' alchemical work a later development along that line.)

. . .

The names of Fleming villains are full of symbols. One example is Sir Hugo Drax ("the Dragon"), the mastermind in the book Moonraker. In the novel Goldfinger, the title character's full name can be taken as wholly alchemical. Auric, in one of its usages, is the alchemical term for gold made from lead, while Goldfinger represents the finger of the alchemist termed golden.

Sympathetic characters too have names with special meanings. That James Bond's wife Teresa had the maiden name of Draco, which refers to a dragon or winged serpent, is interesting in light of her upbringing by a dangerous father, Marc-Ange Draco.

Also of importance is the name of Hollywood itself, Hollywood was the wood from which magicians would craft their 'magic' wands.

Hollywood
www.abovetopsecret.com...

www.esotericarchives.com...
The above source provides a much more solid background for the evolution of the theme of magic wands.

Holly is the whitest of all woods, and has been used in making piano keys. It was considered sacred by the druids, and played a part in the magic of the Greeks and Romans. It was especially suitable for divination. In early Europe, holly and other thorny plants were believed to repel all evil spirits. (Gale, p. 2.) The same apotropaic properties were noted by Pliny the Elder (23-79 CE).

Interesting how one keeps coming back to the occult (mystery schools) when dealing with Hollywood.
edit on 1-1-2013 by FriedBabelBroccoli because: 101

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 01:28 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 01:41 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 01:47 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 01:54 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 02:01 PM
link   
**ATTENTION**

Please stop the off-topic posting and personal remarks.

Thank You.

~Tenth
ATS Mod

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by MorkandMindy

Originally posted by PeaceNLove123
What utter crap. You talk as if being secular is wrong. Just what the eff is wrong with treating everyone equally?! And no, we atheists do not believe in your fairytale BS about god and satan. We're not a "satanist cabal". There is no illuminati trying to be anti god. Anybody with a sound mind would be anti religion if he/she read the bible or koran thoroughly.
As for the cartoons, they are ENTERTAINMENT. Yes, they are fantasy. What's wrong with it? Symbols are used everywhere; symbolism sells. Your implication that these symbols are used to "further the illuminati agenda" is BS. You have no solid evidence to prove it, nor will you ever have any. The OP is ridiculous.

I see only BS RANT from you, You have no solid evidence to prove your BS ARGUMENT
(and You know it).

turn your telly tube on and stay put, bye bye..

Duck Tales is fun to watch if you wanna see symbolism

people who can't see it will automatically think its something wrong with the people who sees it.

kay-o?
edit on 30-12-2012 by MorkandMindy because: og gramma

Oh really? I'm not the one claiming that there's a freaking illuminati trying to take over the world WITHOUT any evidence whatsoever. D'you have any proof that atheists are satanists? Wait...wasn't 21 December 2012 the supposed date when your illuminati NWO was supposed to take over?(According to some conspiracy people)

I really feel sorry for close minded nuts like you who are obsessed with the illuminati/NWO and ignore real problems faced by the world today.
edit on 1/1/13 by PeaceNLove123 because: Grammar.

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 03:04 PM
link   
You do not have to believe anything presented in this thread. But don't deny it, or stay blind ignoring the obvious. As I have stated, whatever you believe in, take the information that you believe to be useful for you, and ignore the rest. Be aware. Keep your eyes open.

This thread was created to present information I believe to be useful and educative. I said these are my personal beliefs and conclusions I came to, after studying the subjects and material. I'm providing all this for people who are interested in the subject. You will have to decide for yourself, what you will keep from the information, as well as the sources.

In regards to debating, pelase refer to this post:
reply to post by Ladyk74

After I done these checks, if I can't find any useful resources in your posts or threads with study material on the subject, or if you have not provided any in this thread I will not engage in a debate with you.

As stated here:

Originally posted by Wifibrains
reply to post by bknapple32

I think this thread was more about sharing the info than debating it....and lots has been shared throughout this thread.

edit on 1-1-2013 by Ladyk74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ladyk74

After I done these checks, if I can't find any useful resources in your posts or threads with study material on the subject, or if you have not provided any in this thread I will not engage in a debate with you.
OP you will in mine, once they are put back up, if they do, i posted you something not to
insult you but to show you something. Innocent but an example of seeings we want to see.

I hope it will get put back up and i will explain all and you will see it for what it is...

peace to you..

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by PeaceNLove123
Oh really? I'm not the one claiming that there's a freaking illuminati trying to take over the world WITHOUT any evidence whatsoever. D'you have any proof that atheists are satanists? Wait...wasn't 21 December 2012 the supposed date when your illuminati NWO was supposed to take over?(According to some conspiracy people)

I really feel sorry for close minded nuts like you who are obsessed with the illuminati/NWO and ignore real problems faced by the world today.
edit on 1/1/13 by PeaceNLove123 because: Grammar.

Illuminati were/are a real organization;
Illuminati
en.wikipedia.org...

The Illuminati (plural of Latin illuminatus, "enlightened") is a name given to several groups, both real (historical) and fictitious. Historically the name refers to the Bavarian Illuminati, an Enlightenment-era secret society founded on May 1, 1776. In more modern contexts the name refers to a purported conspiratorial organization which is alleged to mastermind events and control world affairs through governments and corporations to establish a New World Order. In this context the Illuminati are usually represented as a modern version or continuation of the Bavarian Illuminati.

Here is a document written by a freemason expressing dissatisfaction with the invasion of the illuminati into masonic society;
Proofs of a Conspiracy
by John Robison
[1798]
www.sacred-texts.com...

John Robison (1739-1805) was a Scottish scientist, who late in life wrote the one of the definitive studies of the Bavarian Illuminati. He was a contemporary and collaborator with James Watt, with whom he worked on an early steam car, contributor to the 1797 Encylopedia Britannica, professor of philosophy at the University of Edinburgh, and inventor of the siren.

Since we don't have convenient access to the source documents of the Bavarian Illuminati we have to rely on Robison and the Abbé Barruel's Memoirs Illustrating the History of Jacobinism, both in the 'opposing views' category, for information on this group. The Illuminati have today become a byword for a secret society which hoodwinks its junior members and puppet-masters society at large.

Code of the Illuminati
Part III of
Memoirs Illustrating the History of Jacobinism
by Abbé Barreul
tr. by Robert Edward Clifford
[1798]
www.sacred-texts.com...

As for 2012 where did you get the idea that it was supposed to be an 'illuminati' a.k.a. enlightened one's take over? The only thing predicted was the end of an age and the return of a serpent god (the serpent being an important symbol in "enlightenment").

The NWO is a push for world government which has been a long term goal of the controlling oligarchy which was admitted by Aldus Huxley. The enlightenment movement otherwise known as the illuminati is about a scientific elite taking over control of society to create the utopian world. It has supported movements such as Nazism via financiers the world over in places of power from the British throne to the American throne (Bush family).

Ever heard of the United Nations' Agenda 21? It calls for a world government which will oversee all human activity.

It has been documented by well known and respected individuals such as Carrol Quigley who was the

Tragedy & Hope: A History of the World in Our Time
www.amazon.com...

Tragedy & Hope: A History of the World in Our Time by Carroll Quigley is the ultimate insider admission of a secret global elite that has impacted nearly every modern historical event. Learn how the Anglo-American banking elite were able to secretly establish and maintain their global power. This massive hardcover book of 1348 pages provides a detailed world history beginning with the industrial revolution and imperialism through two world wars, a global depression and the rise of communism. Tragedy & Hope is the definitive work on the world's power structure and an essential source material for understanding the history, goals and actions of the New World Order.

Who is Carrol Quigley?

Carroll Quigley (November 9, 1910 – January 3, 1977) was an American historian and theorist of the evolution of civilizations. He is noted for his teaching work as a professor at Georgetown University, for his academic publications, and for his research on secret societies.

Influence on Bill Clinton

In his freshman year in the School of Foreign Service at Georgetown, future U.S. President Bill Clinton took Quigley's course, receiving a 'B' as his final grade in both semesters.[2]:94, 96

Clinton named Quigley as an important influence on his aspirations and political philosophy in 1991, when launching his presidential campaign in a speech at Georgetown.[2]:96 He also mentioned Quigley again during his acceptance speech to the 1992 Democratic National Convention, as follows:

As a teenager, I heard John Kennedy's summons to citizenship. And then, as a student at Georgetown, I heard that call clarified by a professor named Carroll Quigley, who said to us that America was the greatest Nation in history because our people had always believed in two things–that tomorrow can be better than today and that every one of us has a personal moral responsibility to make it so.[3]

I would suggest a few texts for you to investigate;
Secret Societies: Their Influence and Power from Antiquity to the Present Day
www.amazon.com...

Fleshing Out Skull & Bones: Investigations into America's Most Powerful Secret Society
www.amazon.com...=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1357075106&sr=1-1&keywords=fleshing+out+sku ll+and+bones

The text provides primary source information into the power structure established by secret societies such as the Skull and Bones which permeates in places of power such as the American presidency, CIA, Secretaries of War, and fortune 500 companies.

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Ladyk74

Holding your hands in different positions is what they are for. Why waste your time posting these pictures which have no intrinsic evil except to the eye of the beholder.

If you are a Christian or believe that God is all powerful, how is it that the almighty could not be in control of his own creation?

Oh ye of little faith.

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Sublevel6

Like I stated before, while I may sometimes quote verses from the bible, I do not preach any religion, belief systems, or push Christianity for that matter. I would refer to me as being a free-thinker and truth seeker, using philosophy to specialize in topics of my own choice. I believe it is far from wasting my time, as the majority enjoys the content of this thread.

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by FriedBabelBroccoli

As for symbolism in films, I have linked earlier to the Tavistock Institute and its use of the medium of media to manipulate the masses towards specific goals and how such methods have been utilized and demonstrated by individuals such as Darren Brown.

Here is an additional series by youtube user RicinToxin81 which goes over illuminate symbolism and themes which has been repeated over and over in hollywood for quite some time. It includes information about producers and other projects which they have been involved in along with source material of luciferian and mystery schools of thought;

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

This is a documentary produced by a Christian organization however it provides documentation of actors and celebrities whom openly proclaim satanism and occult inspiration in their lives and success. I am not talking about reading a book and thinking it was a great story I mean claiming to be mediums, members of the church of satan, and others along those lines;

Features;
Denzel Washington, Oprah Winfrey, Robbin Williams, Valentino, among others . . .

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 04:04 PM
link   

“I am a most unhappy man. I have unwittingly ruined my country. A great industrial nation is controlled by its system of credit. Our system of credit is concentrated. The growth of the nation, therefore, and all our activities are in the hands of a few men. We have come to be one of the worst ruled, one of the most completely controlled and dominated governments in the civilized world. No longer a government by free opinion, no longer a government by conviction and the vote of the majority, but a government by the opinion and duress of a small group of dominant men.” — President Woodrow Wilson, 1916

Quote from this thread: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Dozens more quotes highlighting the idea of NWO, and some conditioning cartoons from way back when.
edit on 1-1-2013 by Wifibrains because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Thanks for posting these, I haven't seen those videos yet. Really enjoying the first one that you have provided so far! Also thanks for all your input and reference links regarding the subject, some of these I had not read yet.
back to watching..thanks!

reply to post by Wifibrains

Thanks for providing this thread, haven't seen this one yet.

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Getting any closer to providing proof for the mason quote? Your pushing it like it's the truth so I'm hoping you have seen the quote in it's original form to verify that it is being shown as quoted. PrplHrt sounds like they can help you track down the material needed not sure though still waiting on them to respond to my pm

EDIT
It's called focus, you look at one thing then look at the next rinse and repeat.
edit on 1-1-2013 by aivlas because: (no reason given)

EDIT

Constructive criticism is welcome for me personally

edit on 1-1-2013 by aivlas because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Very good videos and explanation of symbolism, and repetitive patterns used. I haven't read the mothman prophesies yet. Might be an interesting read. I also haven't looked at Pernilla August yet, so really thank you for providing the videos, which are a very good contribution to this thread!

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by aivlas

We have been over this. The quote I used by this particular author has been provided in screenshots from a book by the same author. You have to decide if this author has any credibility regarding Masonry.

There are many other videos in here regarding the symbolism of Masons used in movies, architecture, musicians and their meanings from different sources.

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 05:12 PM
link   
OP-- You do make some very interesting points (and woah nelly, what a huge load of links and info)

However, speaking of huge loads and information, I'd like to play Devil's Advocate (no pun) on a point:

I agree that certain elements of our culture seem to over-sexualize children at a young age. I have seen little kids (I mean under 9-10) dressed in outfits that I would find objectionable on a 14-16 year old, even! And we do this, despite the fact that sex for those under 17-18 is considered pretty taboo and wrong in a lot of places, and by a lot of people.

However, what's so evil about sex?

I can understand somewhat from the judeo-christian standpoint, that Lust is bad. It's bad for lots of reasons. But while lust and desire are related, they are not the same thing. And desire is a normal and vital part of any healthy sexual relationship. It could be argued, even, that desire was given to us by god to perpetuate the species.

I've always failed to fully understand the christian obsession with sex.

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join