It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SYMBOLISM - Witchcraft, Mind Control, Masons, Illuminati

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by AugustusMasonicus

Yet he became a mason and rose to the 'honor' of the 33rd of Scottish Rite and never refuted the veracity of his claims even if they were prior to becoming a mason officially.

Even Albert Pike associated masonry with the ancient mysteries which are tied to Lucifer
(the Babylonian king):

"Though Masonry is identical with Ancient Mysteries, it is so in this qualified sense; that it presents but an imperfect image of their brilliancy; the ruins only of their grandeur, and a system that has experienced progressive alterations, the fruits of social events and political circumstances,"
Albert Pike, Morals & Dogma, page 624

"Masonry, like all the Religions, all the Mysteries, Hermeticism and Alchemy, conceals its secrets from all except the Adepts and Sages, or the Elect, and uses false explanations and misinterpretations of its symbols to mislead those who deserve only to be misled; to conceal the Truth, which it calls Light from them, and to draw them away from it. Truth is not for those who are unworthy or unable to receive it, or would pervert it. So God Himself incapacitates many men, by colorblindness, to distinguish colors, and leads the masses away from the highest Truth, giving them the power to attain only so much of it as it is profitable to them to know. Every age has had a religion suited to its capacity.
Albert Pike, Morals & Dogma

edit on 31-12-2012 by FriedBabelBroccoli because: 101

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by FriedBabelBroccoli
Yet he became a mason and rose to the 'honor' of the 33rd of Scottish Rite and never refuted the veracity of his claims even if they were prior to becoming a mason officially.

There is no veracity to them as there is no corollating symbolism, ritual, teachings or dogma in Masonry. If you feel otherwise please point out the specific portion dealing with Lucifer or the seething energies thereof.

Even Albert Pike associated masonry with the ancient mysteries which are tied to Lucifer
(the Babylonian king):

"Though Masonry is identical with Ancient Mysteries, it is so in this qualified sense; that it presents but an imperfect image of their brilliancy; the ruins only of their grandeur, and a system that has experienced progressive alterations, the fruits of social events and political circumstances,"
Albert Pike, Morals & Dogma, page 624

Pike is lamenting the lack of esoterism in Masonry which has nothing to do with Lucifer.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   

I couldn't possibly have seen any of these videos before yesterday, right? Skip the meerschaum.

What you predecessors have written and published will do.

I thought Masons were above snobbery, into taking care of the common man and all that rot.

It's all baloney, which the rest of us knew all along.

Like I said, you can keep the treehouse AND the secret decoder ring.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by PrplHrt
I couldn't possibly have seen any of these videos before yesterday, right? Skip the meerschaum.

Some? Maybe. All? Doubtful.

What you predecessors have written and published will do.

Such as? You seem to bring very little information or facts to the discussion, only your personal distaste for Masons.

I thought Masons were above snobbery, into taking care of the common man and all that rot.

This is accurate (for once).

Like I said, you can keep the treehouse AND the secret decoder ring.

No worries, no one said you should join anyway.

edit on 31-12-2012 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   

That's not to say that esotericism is worthless. As with any practice or tradition, there are values to be taken from esotericism, even if it's just a hobby. Just thought I'd throw that in.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by FriedBabelBroccoli

Ah! Not what I was expecting. Given the sparing information you have provided regarding your personal perspective on the matter, I would have to say I agree to the extent you have shared.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
That's not to say that esotericism is worthless. As with any practice or tradition, there are values to be taken from esotericism, even if it's just a hobby. Just thought I'd throw that in.

Agreed, Pike was commenting that there should be more esotericism.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Not interested. Every Mason I know is a snake and a liar. I live in a town full of them.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   

"Let the brother receive the light" . . .
Duncan's Masoic Ritual and Monitor, by Malcom C. Duncan, [1866]
(www.sacred-texts.com...)

Add to that the admitted connection to the Mysteries by Pike, Manly P Hall and many others one can easily determine the nature of the 'light' the brother is receiving.

It is a possibility that it is 'enlightenment', however the fact that one of the most highly regarded 'light bearers' of masonry was an ardent slave supporter in Albert Pike I highly doubt any 'enlightenment' took place.

To AfterInfinity
You can click on my avatar and read my post history. I have discussed the matter extensively in various threads and seeing your sparing use of sources or references to your own beliefs a short simple answer was best suited for the occasion.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by PrplHrt
Not interested. Every Mason I know is a snake and a liar. I live in a town full of them.

Fine, as I said twice already, no one asked you to join.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   

It is a possibility that it is 'enlightenment', however the fact that one of the most highly regarded 'light bearers' of masonry was an ardent slave supporter in Albert Pike I highly doubt any 'enlightenment' took place.

It is clearly explained in the ritual that 'light' references knowledge.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by AugustusMasonicus

It is clearly explained in the ritual that 'light' references knowledge.

Let me provide a source which you have deemed as worthy of defining things to show you the light or knowledge you are talking about is in fact illumination/enlightenment.

ENLIGHTENMENT
www.merriam-webster.com...

Definition of ENLIGHTENMENT
1 : the act or means of enlightening

enlighten

Definition of ENLIGHTEN
1 archaic : illuminate
2 a : to furnish knowledge to : instruct
b : to give spiritual insight to

You are either oblivious to the matter or are attempting wordplay to reach your desired outcome.

Sorry but by definition the ritual is aimed at illumination.

EDIT:
Here is the link to the other ATS thread about Disney's Micky Mouse

The Mickey Mouse Conspiracy
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Definition of ENLIGHTENMENT
1 : the act or means of enlightening

I consider becoming more knowledgable to be synonymous with enlightenment.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   
To those arguing about Manley Hall or anyone else involved in the mystery schools of late, and those assuming that today's Masonry is the same as yesterday's, it is well known that Adam Weishaupt founded the Bavarian Illuminati in May of 1776 at the same time as the American Revolution. It is said that General Washington was well aware of Weishaupt and did not like him. General Washington was a true Mason for the best interests of America. Since then, the waters have been muddied by the Illuminati.
To date, many people still confuse the perversions of the Illuminati with the original Masons. And even many Christians confuse the matter by assuming that the Masons being enemies of the Jesuits and the Catholic Church are merely evil because of the symbols used, and the adherance to older religious ideals. I think the truth is somewhere in the middle. To understand, one must realize that some teachings of Jesus have been overlooked and simplified or hidden from view.

The Roman Catholic Church anathematized Origen for teaching the pre existence of the soul. This is a key factor in understanding the esoteric mysteries and even some passages in the bible(for instance when the disciples wanted to know if John the Baptist was Elijah come again).

Reality has been hidden from view in a number of ways. The people have been misled by individuals who wanted power, and the princes of this World.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Signs of the Illuminati

The sign of "Victory" has been used by politicians (such as Nixon, Thatcher, and Winston Churchill, etc) as a covert symbol for the so-called "Black Nobility," also known as the Black Venetians. The Windsor family, who bestow this kind of bauble to their obedient minions, belong to the Venetian Black Nobility and are seniors within this powerful Luciferian Dynasty. It is also a symbol for the number 33 signifying the 33rd Freemasonic degree. Each finger on the human hand has three squares or sections. And finally, it is a symbol for the horns of the ram (or goat), of the astrological sign of Aries which is connected with Egypto-Masonic Atonism.

Who are the Sutherlands?

LINK

Sick Symbolism in Lady Gaga's Video

Michael Jackson's CD Cover Symbolism

Illuminati Symbolism (U.S. Spy Satellite)

LOOK

The story is that the Templars began in poverty, but Baldwin II, King of Jerusalem, gave them a house in the vicinity of the site where Solomon's Temple was built of old. When it was put in repair by Hugh de Payens and the rest of the first Brethren, their digging operations unearthed an iron casket which contained priceless treasures, and chief among all the true process of the Great Work in Alchemy, the secret of transmuting metals, as communicated to Solomon by the Master Hiram Abiff.

So and so only was it possible to account for the wealth of adornment which characterised the First Temple. The discovery explains also the wealth acquired by the Templars, but it led in the end to their destruction. Traitors who knew of the secret, though they had not themselves attained it, revealed the fact to Clement V and Philip the Fair of France, and the real purpose of the persecution which followed was to wrest the transmuting process from the hands of its custodians. Jacques de Molay and his co-heirs died to preserve it, but three of the initiated Knights made their escape and after long wandering from country to country they found refuge in the caves of Mount Heredom.

They were succoured by Knights of St. Andrew of the Thistle, with whom they made an alliance and on whom they conferred their knowledge. To conceal it from others and yet transmit it through the ages they created the Masonic Order in I340; but the alchemical secret, which is the physical term of the Mystery, has been ever reserved to those who can emerge from the veils of allegory - that is to say, for the chiefs of St. Andrew of the Thistle, who are Princes of the Rosy Cross, and the Grand Council of the Chapter

– A. E. Waite (Templar Orders in Freemasonry)

GEORGE WASHINGTON MEMORIAL

George Washington, who is widely acclaimed to be a Christian by evangelical leaders such as: David Barton, Peter Marshall and D. James Kennedy The present day Knights Templar, showing the infiltration of Masonry into the Christian churches The leading role of Freemasonry in the American Revolution The George Washington Masonic National Memorial, which is just off the Capitol Beltway, adjacent to Old Town Alexandria, VA and six miles from Washington, D.C, sits atop Shooter's Hill, a lofty peak about 3 miles west of the western shore of the Potomac River.

Because of its vantage point, Shooter's Hill was the site of a Revolutionary War fort, although the only remains of the fort are some irregularities in the soil line that can be viewed from the monument's observation deck. The Masons purchased the 36 acre site and laid the cornerstone in 1923. Assisting in the ceremonies were President Calvin Coolidge, Chief Justice William H. Taft and the Grand Masters of all the Grand Jurisdictions in the nation. The edifice, which has a broad rectangular base and soaring steeple, was completed and officially dedicated in 1932. President Herbert Hoover assisted in the dedication ceremonies.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   
You know...if you are a person who spends all their time researching and vilifying cartoons and believes that such things are dangerous...then the things that are REALLY dangerous become even more so.

What are the things that are REALLY DANGEROUS?

IGNORANCE...of what is important and what is not.
FEAR...of anything that you do not understand or lacking such understanding make these things dangerous in your mind.
RUSH TO JUDGEMENT...as being inflexible in your ability to see the merit in things you deem them dangerous or evil.
RELIGION...especially when a person of self proclaimed faith really has none as they see any alternative beliefs as a threat.
SELF RIGHTEOUS ATTITUDES...as there is nothing that is more dangerous than a person who believes that only their path is the right one.

Split Infinity

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by arpgme
First of all, goat sacrifice has nothing to do with Satanism. This is what is taught in the Old Testament if you read the bible. Sacrificing children to the god, did you hear the story about Jesus? And how Jephthah sacrificed his daughter to god, it was an AGREEMENT. "God" was ok with it.

All of these things called Satanic are also involved with the god of the bible. More people are waking up and this is being exposed more and more on youtube and around the internet.

The holy day of Sabbath is Saturday - SATURN'S day.
Set (Lord of Darkness) > Sat > Ha Satan (Also connected with the planet Saturn!)
The same "Holy Day" of the god of the bible!

What about Sunday (Day of The Sun)? Well the magic square of the sun is 666. It is also associated with the gods Apollo and Ra) so even if you worship God on Sunday it is still from Pagan origins!

Some of these are close but your use of the days of the week are extremely misinformed. You are using the Roman names of days when the Romans came a thousand years after the origins of Judaism.

Here is a refresher course on calenders and time keeping from ancient days;
www.nist.gov...

Five thousand years ago, Sumerians in the Tigris-Euphrates valley in today's Iraq had a calendar that divided the year into 30 day months, divided the day into 12 periods (each corresponding to 2 of our hours), and divided these periods into 30 parts (each like 4 of our minutes). We have no written records of Stonehenge, built over 4000 years ago in England, but its alignments show its purposes apparently included the determination of seasonal or celestial events, such as lunar eclipses, solstices and so on.

Viewing the stars to determine a calendar

The earliest Egyptian calendar [Ref.] was based on the moon's cycles, but later the Egyptians realized that the "Dog Star" in Canis Major, which we call Sirius, rose next to the sun every 365 days, about when the annual inundation of the Nile began. Based on this knowledge, they devised a 365 day calendar that seems to have begun around 3100 BCE (Before the Common Era), which thus seems to be one of the earliest years recorded in history.

Before 2000 BCE, the Babylonians (in today's Iraq) used a year of 12 alternating 29 day and 30 day lunar months, giving a 354 day year. In contrast, the Mayans of Central America relied not only on the Sun and Moon, but also the planet Venus, to establish 260 day and 365 day calendars. This culture and its related predecessors spread across Central America between 2600 BCE and 1500 CE, reaching their apex between 250 and 900 CE. They left celestial-cycle records indicating their belief that the creation of the world occurred in 3114 BCE. Their calendars later became portions of the great Aztec calendar stones. Our present civilization has adopted a 365 day solar calendar with a leap year occurring every fourth year.

Here are the names for the names of days and months in Hebrew;
www.yashanet.com...

Sunday - Yom Reeshone = first day
Monday - Yom Shaynee = second day
Tuesday - Yom Shlee'shee = third day
Wednesday - Yom Revee'ee = fourth day
Thursday - Yom Khlah'mee'shee = fifth day
Friday - Yom Ha'shee'shee =sixth day
Saturday - Shabbat = Rest

Shabbat
en.wikipedia.org...

Shabbat (Hebrew: שַׁבָּת, "rest" or "cessation") or Shabbos (Yiddish: שאבּעס) is the Jewish day of rest and seventh day of the week, on which they remember the traditional creation of the heavens and the earth in six days and the Exodus of the Hebrews, and look forward to a future Messianic Age.

You are confusing it with the Gregorian calender introduced around 1500ce;
en.wikipedia.org...

The motivation for the Gregorian reform was that the Julian calendar assumes that the time between vernal equinoxes is 365.25 days, when in fact it is presently almost 11 minutes shorter. The discrepancy results in a drift of about three days every 400 years. At the time of Gregory's reform there had already been a drift of 10 days since Roman times, resulting in the spring equinox falling on 11 March instead of the ecclesiastically fixed date of 21 March, and moving steadily earlier in the Julian calendar. Because the spring equinox was tied to the celebration of Easter, the Roman Catholic Church considered this steady movement in the date of the equinox undesirable.

Roman Julian Calender;
en.wikipedia.org...

The goat sacrifice comes from Azazel;
en.wikipedia.org...
Leviticus 16:8–10 reads:
This Hebrew word is simply a term meaning "a goat to go away" - in verse 20-22 it describes what this accomplished by symbolically placing Israel's sins on the goat.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   
What is the point of these symbols? For people to see them? If so, you're certainly them a favor and pushing their cause. Makes me wonder what your agenda really is.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by bknapple32

It's called symbol literacy and pattern recognition. My agenda... Lol. I have an idea of your agenda though, review my sig.
edit on 31-12-2012 by Ladyk74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Ladyk74

Yea, Im a paid spy, you got me

You're the one pushing these symbols, putting other people's research and youtube videos out here.

I already debunked one of them simply because I knew the history behind it.Im sure I and others could debunk the rest, but you put up days worth of video, who wants to take that kind of time to debunk coincidences, artistic interpretation and outright lies.

Are some of them weird? Sure. Do they all have some collective hidden meaning about a future takeover of the world by the NWO or Illuminati? Hardly.
edit on 31-12-2012 by bknapple32 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join