It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Media uses picture of child unrelated to Sandy Hook tragedy. How did this happen?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   

@cathygaubert Someone used your daughter's photo on this page as a "victim" of the Connecticut shootings- "facebook link" … Please check.

sounds like a spam email

also

Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.

great

edit on 28-12-2012 by aivlas because: (no reason given)

edit
www.freezepage.com...
Shame the link is only to the main blog, so no idea in what way the image was being used.

merriemelody.blogspot.co.uk...

"Warning: Something's Not Right Here! 'random blog' contains content from handmadecathygaubert.blogspot.com, a site known to distribute malware. Your computer might catch a virus if you visit this site.

Intresting

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by hypattia

Most (well, not most...but several) sites using the misidentified photo of Allison cite musegal2's December 18 YouTube tribute video as their source. Where she got it from, it's hard to say (actually, it might not be so hard to say, I just haven't researched any further).

The other photo identified as Allison seems to actually be her, as it was the one provided by Benjamin Wyatt, Allison's father.
edit on 28-12-2012 by CLPrime because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by CLPrime

Most (actually, not most...but several) sites using the misidentified photo of Allison cite musegal2's December 18 YouTube tribute video as their source. Where she got it from, it's hard to say (actually, it might not be so hard to say, I just haven't researched any further).

The other photo identified as Allison seems to actually be her, as it was the one provided by Benjamin Wyatt, Allison's father.

Thank you, CLPrime!

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Did you contact the dailymail.co.uk to ask them? I'm sure they would be more likely to know the answer than the people posting here.

That said, this looks like just another attempt to use murdered kids to fuel your insatiable quest for conspiracies.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   
This media is using the picture too. It lists AP as source.

www.wjla.com...

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   

It lists "musegal2, YouTube" as the original source in the description.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Did you contact the dailymail.co.uk to ask them? I'm sure they would be more likely to know the answer than the people posting here.
That said, this looks like just another attempt to use murdered kids to fuel your insatiable quest for conspiracies.

Yes I did. I emailed the editor and I don't know how to upload the screenshot of it, but I got an error.
Windows Live Mail Error Id0x8004880.

That said, Sconner 755, why are you reading posts about murdered children?

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   

For windows -

Open page with error
Press print screen (keyboard)
Open image editing software (paint, gimp, photoshop)
Press ctrl-v and save the image
Find an image host of your choice (tiny pic, imgur etc)
Follow the on screen instructions

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   

WTF man? Why won't you guys let this go already? What is your point? Don't post a thread indicating something without a motive.
Because when you do that (post and run) it seems like your whole agenda is to keep this event stirred up. Why? Would someone please tell me why?

This was one of the most heinous and horrendous murder sprees in recent history. Every news outlet wanted to report it. Mistakes, in such a hastily fashion to get to the presses on time, are/were bound to happen. Big friggin deal. Get over it!
Why are all your noses so deeply into this? I've never seen such petulant behavior on a particular topic at ATS.

There is nothing that suggests this was anything BUT....what it appeared to be. If this was a cover story, don't you think the government would've done a more stellar job and made sure all their I's were dotted and T's, crossed?

I find people who make these threads are extremely insensitive and nothing but rebel rousers.
Leave these people alone already.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

Did you read the thread? I suggest to read through it again

friends, i need your help!!!!!! i am reposting this from my facebook page: Dearest family and friends: Satu 'link to second picture on the board the op linked'

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   

This "topic" (tragedy) is hard to wrap our heads around. We are trying to make sense of it. Which we may never, but most of us care about what happened, and are trying to understand if ever, anything like this could be avoided. Some of us are doers and some of us just sit around saying, "oh that's terrible, oh well, just let someone else figure out what can be done about it". Or "nothing can be done about it". Having correct information and seeing that it is publicized may be a good thing out of a horrible tragedy. You have your right to disagree, as I disagree with your judgement of me.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by hypattia

This "topic" (tragedy) is hard to wrap our heads around. We are trying to make sense of it. Which we may never, but most of us care about what happened, and are trying to understand if ever, anything like this could be avoided. Some of us are doers and some of us just sit around saying, "oh that's terrible, oh well, just let someone else figure out what can be done about it". Or "nothing can be done about it". Having correct information and seeing that it is publicized may be a good thing out of a horrible tragedy. You have your right to disagree, as I disagree with your judgement of me.

What exactly are you 'doers' doing? Pointing out all the various faux pas's?

Okay, let me jump on over to your side. Let's say these are all mistakes: what's your point? Sloppy reporting or hidden agenda? Maybe once I understand your motive as to why you're calling attention to this (along with the 50 other threads of discrepancies), I will perhaps understand this more.

All I see and have seen is a genius kid with a lot of disassociation issues who just went off. Period! This is not a ruse to get everyone's guns. Our government is very capable of being liars and sneaks and getting their agenda accomplished but this was not one of them (imo that is).
edit on 28-12-2012 by Human_Alien because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by DIDtm

One would think that the parents would have seen the wrong picture of their little girl and released a pic of her by now, correcting it.

And people wonder why conspiracy theorists exist.

You think maybe someone with a murdered child at Christmas time might not give a damn about the demands of conspiracy theorists?

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by aivlas

Did you read the thread? I suggest to read through it again

friends, i need your help!!!!!! i am reposting this from my facebook page: Dearest family and friends: Satu 'link to second picture on the board the op linked'

Again, what's the point? Surely if you're spending all this time pointing out the problematic articles, photos, mannerisms, actors....etc, you all must have an underlying belief in your bones. Because those of us who have accepted this event at face value, aren't looking for more issues. It is absolutely insane.

911? Inside job sponsored by the governments
JFK? Inside job sponsored by some organization and/or government
SandyHook? A deranged kid with a lot of mental and emotional issues

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by hypattia

We are trying to make sense of it. Which we may never...

At the very least, sense has been made of this photo issue. For the most part, anyway. To get any further closure, you'd probably have to contact musegal2 and ask her where she got the misidentified photo from...but I bet the answer will be less than sensational.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   

So if this is down to bad reporting or a hoax it should just be left alone?

Look at my first post in this thread and maybe try and find out a bit more with the information provided. A high quality uncut version of the picture being used is on the persons website (my freeze page link) but then you have the virus warning......worth looking in to at the least.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Okay, let me jump on over to your side. Let's say these are all mistakes: what's your point? Sloppy reporting or hidden agenda?

I told you the point. Did you understand any of my post? You really just want to insult me and others for wanting to understand and wanting the msm to be responsible to the people/victims it reports about? Or just allow the msm to report terrible events like "The Star" does with no documentation to back up what they report? Do you really not care that the information we get from journalists is full of lies? Sloppy reporting standards are all right with you? Outright lies are ok? We shouldn't demand any standards of reporting?

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by DelMarvel

No, I was referring to the mother of the child whose picture was reported as the murdered child. Maybe if you actually read the post rather than spewing your hate, you would know what you are talking about. But I see you are more interested in spouting off your holier-than-thou accusations than denying ignorance.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 07:22 PM
link   

DelMarvel was talking to DIDtm, not you. And DIDtm was wrong (though he/she wasn't aware of it at the time), so DelMarvel's point is valid.

The Wyatt family may not have said anything about the misidentified photo, but they have released an actual photo, which is the only one ever identified as having come from the Wyatt family. The other photo has musegal2's YouTube video as its source.

And the mother of the misidentified girl has done what DIDtm was claiming the Wyatt family had not done, which should be satisfactory.

I'm not sure why this photo is still an issue.

edit on 28-12-2012 by CLPrime because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join