Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Media uses picture of child unrelated to Sandy Hook tragedy. How did this happen?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 02:15 AM
link   
reply to post by LadyGreenEyes

facebook can legally sell any image you post on it. The real question is - how can people be so stupid to put pictures and info about their children on any website?

Do you have any idea how many pedophiles are oggling that sweet little girl right now?

People need to wake up and see the world as it really is.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 02:25 AM
link   
Just wait til a second mother comes forward claiming one of those photos is her child, and then a third... Wouldn't that be creepy?

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Happy1
reply to post by LadyGreenEyes

facebook can legally sell any image you post on it. The real question is - how can people be so stupid to put pictures and info about their children on any website?

Do you have any idea how many pedophiles are oggling that sweet little girl right now?

People need to wake up and see the world as it really is.

The real question is, how did this happen? The picture was not on facebook, it was on her twitter.
edit on 30-12-2012 by hypattia because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by hypattia

I'm sure Facebook isn't the only social media tool that's written in ownership of your photographs In it's TOS over time.
edit on 30-12-2012 by Shadowcast because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sek82
Just wait til a second mother comes forward claiming one of those photos is her child, and then a third... Wouldn't that be creepy?

If you look at the links you will know she wasn't claiming; she IS the mother of the child whose photo was used as the deceased child. Please don't make, or infer accusations if you haven't informed yourself of the facts. Thank you.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

Exactly...I've had first hand experience with the local newspaper not checking a source. I actually read my own obituary! I had to call the newspaper staff for them to print a retraction.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by CLPrime

I'm not sure why this photo is still an issue.

The photo has not been removed from musegal2.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Shadowcast

Why would facebook sell her photo claiming it was someone who died? money

This hate of facebook is hilarious, it's the users that use it the way they do, no one is forced

people stick children in to bikinis and go down the local swimming pool I doubt they are to worried about fully clothed pictures getting in to the hands of pedos

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   
The most salient questions to me are still why didn't Allison Wyatt's family notice it or at least have submitted
their own photo?

Why would Josephine Gay's parents or family only submit a photo of her with glasses pulled down and a
green cone on her head?
She's the next one I would be skeptical of, personally speaking, of course.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by PaperbackWriter

The Wyatt family has released their own photo:

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by PaperbackWriter

Why would Josephine Gay's parents or family only submit a photo of her with glasses pulled down and a
green cone on her head?
She's the next one I would be skeptical of, personally speaking, of course.

Josephine Gay:

ETA:
And by the way...she had autism:

Autism Light: Josephine Grace Gay
edit on 30-12-2012 by CLPrime because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Seems like its just a Brittish newspaper thinking it can get away with some half assed journalism that happened on the other side of the atlantic because they think no-one will notice.

It really is a tragedy how something like this could be let to happen.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Snoopie

There are other papers and even a you tube tribute with the wrong photo.Most (well, not most...but several) sites using the misidentified photo of Allison cite musegal2's December 18 YouTube tribute video as their source
www.wjla.com...

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by CLPrime

Thank you for both links.
But, I am afraid it did little to settle my questions.
Especially after looking at the Autism Links videos.
Something about not using photos unless they had permission.
Did that apply only to kids alleged to have autism?

I notice they had no photo to offer of Allison Wyatt nor Madeline Hsu.
They arranged endowments but didn't have photos supplied.

Ms. Murphy didn't rate her own "light".

I know this sounds nitpicky to you, but I just have so many questions about the ID of the following:
Allison Wyatt
Madeline Hsu
Joey Gay
Anne Marie Murphy
Vicki Soto
Rachel D'Avino
Lauren Rousseau

That's as many as I've had much time to detail their story and photo and family comments.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by PaperbackWriter

Are you saying the media used the wrong photo for all those people and do you have any proof for that claim?

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74
reply to post by hypattia

Bad journalism simple as that lazy twits who don't do the 1st rule of journalism check check and check again.

If that is bad journalism then what do you call this?

'The FBI stole my picture... and turned me into Bin Laden': Spanish MP sues after his image is used to make photofit of terror chief (before he died)

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 06:11 PM
link   
double post
edit on 30-12-2012 by whatsecret because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 06:16 PM
link   

I know this sounds nitpicky to you, but I just have so many questions about the ID of the following:
Allison Wyatt
Madeline Hsu
Joey Gay
Anne Marie Murphy
Vicki Soto
Rachel D'Avino
Lauren Rousseau

It doesn't sound "nitpicky," it sounds much further off the wall than that (no offense. I don't know a more polite way of putting it.)

In a small town which has been under intense media scrutiny for 2 weeks how could there be any question at all about the identity of these people?

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by DelMarvel

You act as if a whole town is going to recognize some 1st graders by sight.
Who would know them?
It would be more like who knows the parent?

I noticed and followed carefully the thread about St.Rose of Lima not mentioning each of the 10
members killed in the bulletin.

Were they regular members, new to town or only showed up for Mass a couple of times a year or were
people that no one really recognized but went along with because everybody assumes that somebody else
must know them?

One thing I do know for sure. If any citizens of Newtown or Sandy Hook were questioning this, they will not
be allowed anywhere near a microphone or TV camera to say.

(Pardon the gappy way all my posts print out. This is not the way I space when I type but how they
show up on the threads for some reason)
edit on 30-12-2012 by PaperbackWriter because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 06:36 PM
link   

reply to post by DelMarvel

You act as if a whole town is going to recognize some 1st graders by sight.
Who would know them?

You've got to be kidding. I have to assume you've never had a kid in elementary school.

Who might know them? Other kids, other kid's parents, teachers, neighbors, neighbor's kids, kids on the soccer team, mother's of kids on the soccer team, girl scout and boy scout leaders, the boy scouts and girl scouts, Sunday school teachers, other kids in Sunday school, other people in church, uncles, aunts, cousins, grandparents, friends of the grandparents........
edit on 30-12-2012 by DelMarvel because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join