It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When will "The Greatest Standing Army the World has Ever Seen" make its move

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by zedVSzardoz

1- Thank you for the information about international mercenaries. Is there any reliable source you can back your words and help me do little study on this issue ?

I really enjoyed reading your reply.

thanx.

I think I understood your point.

And here is mine.

There is a fellow of mercenaries into middle eastern countries. Who is pushing the button ? Who has the responsibility ?

Pope ?
Agella Merkel ?
US president ?

You almost said that mercenaries are like wild dogs that no one can control them and no one is responsible for them.

My question is , Who is bringing and taking those forces into different countries?

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by JiggyPotamus
The US does have a very strong military, but that is only because of our HUGE defense budget. They want to talk about cutting social services and things like medicare, instead of saving billions by downsizing our army. Really though it is not that the US military is exceptionally large, as most of the money being spent on defense is being spent on these charades overseas. Despite the fact that our military is large and strong, there is absolutely NO way that the US military could take over the world.

The US would have their hands full in a war with just one or two nations. You have to realize that quite a bit of the military technology that the US possesses is also utilized by many other countries. As the US has learned in all recent wars, air superiority is key to defeating the military of another country. With that said, the anti-aircraft weaponry now available by a variety of countries is quite advanced, and because of this, it will actually take many boots on the ground to defeat a large and modern military.

The missile defense systems that are available now are also relatively advanced. Incoming missiles can actually be shot down from a good distance away now. What I am saying is that for much of the advanced weaponry that the US possesses, there is a piece of weaponry to counter it. Albeit the US does have bombers that likely can avoid being shot down, either because they fly extremely high, or because their stealth capability is extremely advanced, but weaponry like this is likely classified. I also think that there are nuclear nations out there, who when facing defeat, would feel they have nothing to lose and launch a nuclear weapon. This possibility alone means that the US must be extremely careful who they start a conflict with.

So militarily taking over the world is highly improbable, not just because of the reasons I outlined above, but for many others as well. The real way to take over a country is to do it covertly. Control the monetary system and the government, and you control a country. Military action would be used only to "keep" the country already taken. But really there needn't be a large occupation force in my opinion...at least not in developed countries. There are so many variables that it is very hard to tell if I am correct or completely wrong, but I think I am on the right track.

Also, the American people are so fed up with conflict that there is no way they would go for an all out war against another developed and equipped, or modern, nation. These conflicts in Iraq and Afghanistan are not costing as many lives as say, Vietnam, but still the people are sick of it. Although many Americans were sick of Vietnam, and yet the government did not listen initially and pull out. Instead, Nixon leaves office and the new president pulls out the troops, effectively causing us to lose a war that was almost won. Why do you think that North Vietnam had begun peace negotiations? Once we ratcheted up the bombings on northern cities like Hanoi, the NVA was falling apart. It is hard to believe that American soldiers killed over 1 million NVA and insurgent soldiers, while losing only 60,000.

Anyway, my point is that Americans have not forgotten these past wars and conflicts, and there is no way they would stand the same amount of casualties in a modern day war. And if the US invaded a modern country, with a modern military, there would be many more casualties this time around. What I am saying is that the US cannot and will not get away with being the aggressor against a modern militarized nation.

Well "todays" US military for me still is untested. Defeating Iraq and Afghanistan was never really going to be all that much of an issue! Keeping the peace has proven to be lot more difficult.

Involving yourself in war against China or Russia brings a whole set of new challenges to the table. I think a minority of Americans have a very simplistic view of China and Russia. We'll just go over there and sort them out if they give us any trouble. Dream on brother, having the biggest military force at the end of the day, truly doesn't matter anymore. And every first world nation knows it. This is the reason way they've tried their upmost to keep civil with each other and avoid conflict since 1945.

World War 2 was mainly conventional, as there was no nuclear weapons in play till the end of 1945 and only one country had them, and then used them. Korea war was just conventional because North Korea and China had no nuclear weapons to use ( Russia also stayed away from this conflict) Vietnam the same had no nukes just a peasant army)

Iraq ( weak military) and Afghans mainly tribal groups going around with simple weapons that Americans today can buy in a local supermarket. A war between United States and any other first world country is a truly scary event , lets hope we don't see it.
edit on 31-12-2012 by P12SOLD because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by 3n19m470

The U.S. debt is massive. However so is the U.S. Economy. If the United States can turn it's economy around it could very quickly get the debt under control. This does not mean it would be able to pay it off that quick but a strong U.S. Economy could easily afford making debt payments.

What is promising is the fact that just about every major World Changing Tech. has originated in the United States. I believe this will happen once again very soon in the area of Energy Generation. The U.S. Military is whispered to currently have Low Temp. Fusion Reactors. These Reactors are TINY and release of such tech. would quickly change how the World does business.

Such reactors are said to be possibly used for power generation for the FEL on all U.S. Carriers. The current plan is for the use of two A1B Fission Reactors which will first be installed on CVN-78 Gerald R. Ford and CVN-79 J.F.K. These reactors may be augmented with one Micro-Fusion Reactor.

Split Infinity

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by SplitInfinity
reply to post by 3n19m470

The U.S. debt is massive. However so is the U.S. Economy. If the United States can turn it's economy around it could very quickly get the debt under control. This does not mean it would be able to pay it off that quick but a strong U.S. Economy could easily afford making debt payments.

If pigs could fly they'd take over the world.

It's largely your military contractors that got you into this mess in the first place.....Black Budget or black-hole?

Have you ever even considered the possibility that a huge part of this tale, that you have apparently swallowed whole, might in fact be a pack of lies intended to cover up the fact that defense companies have been accidentally misplacing around a million dollars a minute, for years?
edit on 31-12-2012 by squarehead666 because: clarity & content

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 09:24 PM
link   
The US might have it's hand in taking over the world, but it is tptb pulling the strings. We are witnessing a domestication I mean democratization of the ME. This is one of the last pieces left. It's smart really instead of taking over invaded country outright they just instill their political beliefs on them. Once everyone is on the same page NWO is complete and we will either all be slaves or have a fair and balanced one world government. I kind of think the latter is a pipe dream.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by squarehead666

Although all spending adds up...the Military Budget is not soley responsible for our current debt nor is the U.S. Economy dependent on Military expenditures as the U.S. Military budget lately has been between 4.5% and 6.7% of the entire U.S. GNP. This is a small percentage of the total GNP.

As far as Black Projects...the U.S. does have a massive Black Budget hidden in the total budget. Still this is still a much smaller percentage of the total budget.

Split Infinity

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 09:45 PM
link   
All of the countries (and many others besides) ruled their known worlds at some time or another, and all those empires collapsed under the strain of doing this.

USA will be no different. Rome collapsed when the bankers massively shrunk the supply of gold, China collapsed when the dynasties were no longer able to keep up with infrastructure costs and rebuilding efforts, Egypt collapsed when the slaves left, Soviet Union collapsed under the sheer financial strain of funding their military budget, history is scattered with examples of empires that eventually collapse under their own weight and the military budget combined with massive debt will collapse the USA.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by babybunnies

Your stated examples of Empires of the Past collapsing does not take into consideration the special conditions that exist for the United States.

First of all...the United States is not an Empire. It does not fight wars for the purpose of seizing territory nor does it have an Emperor. The U.S. is a Democratic Republic that has a vastly diverse population of people from all over the World.

The U.S. Economy is integrated with the World Economy and just about every nation around the World has a vested interest in seeing a strong U.S. Economy as how the U.S. Economy fares so does every economy of every nation. Should the U.S. Economy collapse so would the World Economy.

The U.S. Military is used as a Global Police Force as well as the U.S. Navy existing as the World Protector of Shipping Lanes. Without the USN. International Shipping would be prey for a variety of groups and Pirates. The USN. as well as other branches of the U.S. Military have been a way to provide disaster stricken areas of the World with relief of food, water and medical supplies and doctors. Examples of this were shown after the Indonesian Tsunami as well as the massive Japanese Earthquake and Tsunami.

Previous to the disaster in Japan the Japanese Leadership was pressing for the end of a massive USN. Carrier Battle Groups stationing in that country but after U.S. Military personal were able to help thousands of Japanese effected by the disaster which the Japanese themselves were unable to help due to the complexity of logistics...a change of heart occurred and now this Carrier Battle Group has been welcomed to stay with open arms.

The United States is not an Empire. It is the last greatest hope for Mankind.

Split Infinity

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 10:08 PM
link   
The largest standing army will be of common citizens vs the governmental military. Possibly 10s of millions of people.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by marbles87

I do not see this happening. For this to happen would require a fundemental shift in the structure of both the U.S. Military as well as a change in the U.S. system of Government.

As things are now this would never happen.

Split Infinity

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 10:34 PM
link   
The united states might APPEAR to be bankrupt(and as such many would anticipate another MAJOR war). This is most likely not the case(hopefully). The threat of global thermo-nuclear war(and thus mutually-assured destruction)should hopefully keep the worlds nations in order. The inevitable economic collapse that WILL happen in the next 1-5 years will damage every nation on this planet. Our lives WILL change(to a greater of lesser degree). I cannot predict exactly what the out-come will be:But at the VERY LEAST the way we live our lives will change.

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by aorAki

Originally posted by pavmas
I reckon by the years end USA will be running the world and I mean all the world. If Im wrong then I will admit it.

I reckon you've got two days until you admit you're wrong.

What a joke.

You're at the wrong end, temporally, of your dreams of empire.

Yeah it was pointed out' but now I can say at the end of this because we are in 2013 now.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 05:26 AM
link   
WOW.. .........What a thread.

You really think that US would take over the world?

Coz The last I saw it was the Muslim's who are taking over the world.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 05:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by svmpua
WOW.. .........What a thread.

You really think that US would take over the world?

Coz The last I saw it was the Muslim's who are taking over the world.

Your right.

Muslims are invading US and other developed countries and they are taking resources of those countries.

Muslims are planing to crush airplanes into one building and give the whole country to US.

Muslims are killing Zionists and taking their lands.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 05:44 AM
link   
reply to post by mideast

Absolutely.
Finally a Muslim accepts the facts.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 02:28 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by P12SOLD

dude, our military's hands are tied in the ME. This is not conv warfare, its BS. you set the stage... full scale war, few rules, get out or your done, you remove sissy public opinion, PC, tell the military "have at it, give them all you got", and this "tribal conflict with cowards hiding behind women and children" is over in no time. The problem with america is too many self serving theives and liars in the govt. Honor and the good for the people, all people, is non existant, but it will return again, soon by the looks of things, I hear people from the UK and ME saying americans only get their info from the news, I suppose your superior sources only tell you the truth, It is all a bunch of washed over agenda driven pc cleaned BS that we are all spoon fed daily. Your media has an agenda, just like every other, and the never tell you the real whole truth. get real and stop being a mindless drone.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by teslahowitzer

Scorched earth huh? No we don't want that at all.Not when we have our government running willy nilly all over the constitution.
They are already the shame of us all as we speak. Who here can say they are proud of the government?
America isn't made up of monsters and we must STOP emulating ROME. Both economically and militarily.
I don't want to run the world,too many problems we don't need.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 06:41 AM
link   
reply to post by pavmas

Phh yeah sure! US has the greatest army ever?

What about Leonidas and his 300 along with 700 Phokieis who stop 1,000,000 Persians? A thousand people stop 1,000,000 according to Herodotus! And the Persians was at that time the strongest empire on the world! Can the US army do that today? NO!

Also, Alexander the Great began his journey to Persia with 30,000 Makedonians hoplites, 15,000 other Greeks and 5,000 of Greek cavarly (Makedonian cavarly, Thessalian cavarly, Athinian cavarly) and with this army and the 15,000 more men he took from the Greeks of Ionia and the other people who lived in Persia he managed to conquer the whole Persian empire! Can the US army conquer right now Russia or China? NO!

Furthermore, Attila the Hun, with his small army compared to his opponents, managed to reach central Europe and on his way there he beat the Byzantine empire and the Romans too who both had organized armies. Could the US today conquer Europe? NO!

Stop believing in the American dream, see the reality, understand what you have missed and then you will find that the US army isnt undefeatable or the greatest army the world has ever seen!

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 11:07 AM
link   
"Could the US today conquer Europe? NO! "
We could destroy it,why would be the question.But absolutely, we can blow up the planet.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join