It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The True Essence Of Manhood..

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   
I think people men or women need to be balanced in order to feel happy useful and satisfied...A man should be able to hunt and fight and kill if necessary and at the same time he should be able to love and care and to be tender and gentle with the others...Same is true for women..They should be able to keep their innocence and be lady like, loving and caring as much as they have to sometimes be Wild and sexy and aggressive if need be. ..Maintaining the balance of course is not always easy and not all people have all qualities required to be a balanced person at all times....So next time you see a real balanced person,give my salute and regards to them.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by EvanB
To add.. Because manhood has been weakened.. We now have geneeation of fatherless kids who have been denied the recognition of "having what it takes".. The boys mom can say hes a good boy.. But the true recocnition comes from fellow men.. To be told by your peers that you have what it takes sets that kid up for life..

You touch on something very poignant here. Boys who are neglected by, abused by, or left by their fathers, face a life of a crisis in confidence. Men teach their boys how to be men, just as women teach their daughters how to be women. And in that same vein, men also convey to their young boys how acceptable they find them to be. When a father behaves in a way which conveys to his son that he isn't acceptable, that boy matures with the idea that other men, much like his father, will determine he's unacceptable too.

So going back to the topic in your OP, I must wonder if some of this lacking masculinity is the result of many young boys only feeling confident when behaving as the parent who was actually present in their life to provide support. Well that, and the discriminatory slant taken by some schools of feminism which attempt to relegate men to scum as they feel was done to them (when in reality, it was a few bad apples, just like it always is).

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by smithjustinb

It takes as much courage to admit when you are wrong as it does to duke someone out..

Admitting and taking responsability is courage..

But most these days want to blame their parents, their up bringing et al.. Playing the blame game is evidence that there is something incredibly wrong with manhood today

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Great Thread OP.
I agree with all your statements.

So now I'll leave you with an amazing book by Mr. Shannon
predetory female

Enjoy.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by skepticconwatcher
reply to post by Thurisaz

Yeah that fair maiden crap made me nauseous.

That's okay buddy, we don't need rescuing. We got this.

edit on 27-12-2012 by skepticconwatcher because: (no reason given)

That is how guys think.. I dont doubt you have "got this".. This is about MEN.. How THEY think and feel.. As much as you want this to be about you..

It aint..

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by skepticconwatcher
reply to post by Thurisaz

Yeah that fair maiden crap made me nauseous.

That's okay buddy, we don't need rescuing. We got this.

edit on 27-12-2012 by skepticconwatcher because: (no reason given)

That is how guys think.. I dont doubt you have "got this".. This is about MEN.. How THEY think and feel.. As much as you want this to be about you..

It aint..

I do believe all women, deep down inside, they want a masculine man. A warrior if you will, but one that can also be tender with them and with thier children. Woman can say what they want, but I have brought down a few feminist chicas myself.

And trust me, I'm not the nicest fellow to others.

But problem with that is, these women love the badboys, but after while, they insist on trying to change them. Causing havoc in the household/relationship. That's when the man puts the foot down, "you don't like me? You did before? Who has changed gorgeous, You have! If you don't like how I conduct this, you know what to do, KICK ROCKS"

I chief you indian.
Chiefs don't do sqwaaa work.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by chasingbrahman

I have seen this in the young men we trained to fight in the Army.. Some messed up and angry kids.. We beasted them.. Discaplined them.. Pushed them hard then pushed some more.. We proved to them that they have what it takes.. And told them so.. Those angry kids became men in no time..

And thanked us for it..

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   
There's a big flip side to the belief that women want tough, dangerous men. The sensitive, emotional singers and musicians are the biggest woman magnets by far. I've always thought it was funny. While I think women are attracted to manly men, these 'gentle types' have hoards of women who absolutely throw themselves at them. The hippie singers with their 'traipsing through the heather' look, the crooners who sing about how vulnerable they are, etc, etc.

Here's an example. Arguably the wimpiest song ever written, yet this mega-sissy has been repeatedly voted in the top few 'sexiest men alive' by tens of thousands of women. I don't get it, nor do I want to.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   

reply to post by chasingbrahman

I have seen this in the young men we trained to fight in the Army.. Some messed up and angry kids.. We beasted them.. Discaplined them.. Pushed them hard then pushed some more.. We proved to them that they have what it takes.. And told them so.. Those angry kids became men in no time..

And thanked us for it..

I can believe that, without a doubt. It must have felt good to them to know that there was an accomplished man they admired who sincerely believed they were capable of much more than they were showing. In a sense, they were re-fathered (if I may be so bold to invent a new word). You restored their confidence, placated their anger, and pointed them in a direction that would imbue them with a sense of accomplishment.

I can't say I always agree with military strategy, and I've often marvelled at both the beneficial and malevolent psychological mechanisms it facilitates. But giving a sense of family to those without is always worthy of praise.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by ColeYounger

Granted... Women love to be romanced.. And maybe us slacking on that aspect of a womans heart makes these people rich by filling the void where we should be...

But these sexiest people ever cant maintain their relationships either.. Im sure women would get very bored very quickly no matter how handsome the guy is.. It takes more than looks and romance to keep a relationship together in the real world.. It takes strength, endurance and courage more and the love to feed those things..
edit on 27-12-2012 by EvanB because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Logarock
You have a very negative understanding of masculinity in men. Have you had some bad run with an "alpha male" or something. After reading youre last two post I would say you get youre back up if you are anywhere near a "man".

First off, your last sentence doesn't make much sense. Are you telling me to get back-up if I'm near a man?....

Anyway, you misunderstood my post. If anything I was pointing out that balance is key. Meaning that you can have masculine men who are idiots, or very intelligent. Same for not-so-masculine guys. Whether or not they're exceptionally masculine doesn't matter so much as who they are as a whole. I respect masculinity when paired with other positive attributes --- i.e intelligence, good judgement, logic, self-control, etc. Likewise if a guy was not so masculine but contained those same positive attributes, I would respect him the same. See what I'm getting at??

Judging by the grammar in your post I'm not surprised you didn't understand.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by murphy22
reply to post by EvanB

I man should have honor, a sense of duty to self, family and country, respect and should know the art of war (or at least defence) should love the innocence of the childs heart. But not dumb enough to think all men know the same.....(this is true love, not that emotional crap they throw at us now) I get where you are going. What folks don't understand is there is justice in violence and then, just evil violence. Men are no longer allowed to be men. The women now are above being women. And most men are now emotional women. It will for the time being, be a mess. Adapt. Keep the sword hidden. Learn it's spirit, in secret. Someday we will need it again. But for now we can't wear it, to much emotion out there. Nature will not be forever shunned, it can't be. Or it will only get worse.
edit on 27-12-2012 by murphy22 because: spelling

Yeah.. I am currently estranged from my girl... But last Friday who did she call to rescue her from a nasty guy in the bar she was at who was hassling her? She was with work colleagues.. Some of them were guys and not one of them stood up for her.. I got the call and was there in a flash and sorted it.. There is indeed need for violence sometimes.. Those weak assed wankers would have just stood by.. pfft.. At least it got us talking again..

"At least it got us talking again?"

Dude, that's not the right attitude if you're serious about manning up. She needs to prove to you she's better than the other 3 billion women out there you can choose to spend time with.

That attitude is a demonstration of lower value. Estranged? Let me guess, she dumped you and said she wants to see other guys. She's not ready for a serious relationship.

Those are shi!t tests. Answering the phone when she was out was a sh!t test. You can't be jumping through her hoops. You need to pull the hoop out of her hand and make her jump through it.

"Next!" Is the only talking you should be doing. Being on call for her when she's out drinking is bullsh!t.

You think Ethan Hunt would say, "At least we're talking again?"

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by sconner755

We are estranged because I lied to her.. When we got together she had been separated from her husband for 18 months.. This man left her for another man.. So yeah.. Trust issues!.. I lost her trust because I lied at the begining.. I admitted it but it festered..

She is a great woman.. One worth fighting for.. And I would with my whole heart..

If anyone was the fool.. It was me..

Im sure Ethan would admit when he was wrong
edit on 27-12-2012 by EvanB because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   

reply to post by sconner755

We are estranged because I lied to her.. When we got together she had been separated from her husband for 18 months.. This man left her for another man.. So yeah.. Trust issues!.. I lost her trust because I lied at the begining.. I admitted it but it festered..

She is a great woman.. One worth fighting for.. And I would with my whole heart..

If anyone was the fool.. It was me..

Dude, speaking from many years of experience, learn a lesson and move on. There are thousands of women who are worth fighting for. That's not the point.

When you are centered in your masculine energy they will fight for you. The most beautiful women in the world will want you. You have an incredible insight and advantage over the 90% of men who are total douche bags.

The broken trust thing is almost impossible to overcome because women want to feel secure and safe with you. If she's always afraid you're going to deceive her it will be hell for you. The worst thing you can do is put yourself in the friend zone. Tell you can't be just friends with her, and if she calls you she needs to understand that. Put it on her.

If she does call then it's clearly game on. If not you will be walking with your head high and attracting loads of women everyday.

The masculine energy thing is the entire secret. Read Way of the Superior Man. If you walk around centered in your masculine energy you will attract sooooo many women, and of those you get to pick who you spend your time with.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   
The whole feminization of males in Western society is to eliminate the ability from the average person to care for themselves. It is to eliminate individualism. It is to eliminate self sufficency. It is to breed out the instinctive drive that men have to form small groups devoted to competition.
This plan is to homoginize males and females into drones devoted to the state and carefully guided to consume at planned and specific rates. Your loyalty will be to the state and not to family units. You will depend on the state for all of your needs and desires. Unless you are hand picked from an early age to become one of the elite who live above the drones.
That sounds like nonsense or a plot form 1984 or Metropolis. The reason those stories were so hard hitting is because they were so close to the truth.

We must resist this in every facit of our lives. It is against the laws of nature. It is against all that is ethical and regardless if you are a religious or spiritual person it is wrong. Even the old pagan religions were devoted to the duality of men and women. Western culture has been stripped of this. We have lost the duality and we have lost the notion of personal responsibility that goes with that. We have no "coming of age" ritual that defines when a boy becomes a man and a girl becomes a woman. Gone....because that transition implies that you are now responsible for your own well being and actions.

Road to ruin

Good thread....

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Good post. At least in western societies, men seem to be the new women.

I would say that in a 'civilized' society, what made man what he once was, ie. the role of the hunter, protector and provider for the family, is almost unnecessary in a world where a woman can easily provide for herself. I even read somewhere (I forget where) that on average, man's sperm count is also lowering in drastic rates, and that male births are lowering each year.

Perhaps this is evolution and a sign of things to come.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by EvanB

"The True Essence Of Manhood.." is that your body is designed with XY chromosomes. That is the only relatively objective measure of "manhood".

All other definitions are subjective, express bias, and are in their very essence only opinions and mental constructs, largely based on cultural norms.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by CaticusMaximus

Those chromosones are what makes us storm the castle gates.. Break wild stallions.. Stand in front and protect our families.. They are what makes us explore the next horizon.. They are our beating hearts..

To dismiss them as mere subjectiveness is to deny nature and your reason for being..

I feel very sorry for any man who thinks that is all he is and all he can attain.:-(

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Those chromosones are what makes us storm the castle gates.. Break wild stallions.. Stand in front and protect our families.. They are what makes us explore the next horizon.. They are our beating hearts..

Those traits are in no way exclusive to men. Youve never known a woman who liked adventure? Youve never ever known a woman who would stand in front of her family to protect them?

I find that hard to believe.

Originally posted by EvanBTo dismiss them as mere subjectiveness is to deny nature and your reason for being..

But is not that simply your subjective interpretation of the assumed objective purpose of the existence of the male? Your subjective filtering of a, potentially, objective reality?

Originally posted by EvanBI feel very sorry for any man who thinks that is all he is and all he can attain.:-(

Which is what, exactly? Not sure what youre referencing here.
edit on 12/27/2012 by CaticusMaximus because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by CaticusMaximus

Of course I know courageous women! Look at those amazing teachers in CT who gave their lives to protect those kids.. In my eyes THAT is a REAL woman.. Or the women who hold down jobs, keep a roof over their kids heads and food in their stomaches because their man was not man enough.. I LOVE womens strength! In many ways their strength exceeds that of a man..

My issue with your statement is that it defies nature.. The very conditioning of society to downgrade mens roles and make him less aggressive and more pliable has created that mindset..

But we are soo much more! We are built to exceed ourselves if only we would believe it!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join