The True Essence Of Manhood..

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by grey580
reply to post by Raelsatu

What you described there are not real men.

The true man... the alpha male.
Is caring, confident, intelligent and has a sense of humor. He fights when he has to in order to defend what's his.

If men behaved more like real men then society wouldn't have so many issues.

What you have are a bunch of insecure boys running around looking for trouble to validate their worthless existence.

This is only one view. You make some of the same points the OP, and some other posters made. How you define what a true man is, is bound to multiple factors such as the time, place, & sociocultural perception. You think every man should be an "alpha male"? You think that for the majority of human existence, true men weren't those who had a lust for battle, domination, etc? Not every man needs to be what you think they should. People are defined by more than just that.

According to you "real men" are confident, caring, intelligent, & humorous. But insecure men are worthless. Is a genius inventor who's socially awkward not a real man, and worthless? Is an alpha male who was born in a vat of opulence a superior man, simply because he's socially adept? Truth is there is room in this world for the socially adept, and the intellectual recluse. They balance each-other out. Saying that society is going to ruins because we don't have enough alpha males is complete nonsense.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Raelsatu

Originally posted by Logarock

"get your back up" its a colloquialism. It has to do with the way the hair on a dogs back stands up when they get defencive.

Your last sentence.

If you're going to type couple-sentence posts, at least take a few seconds to work on the grammar. Using a random idiom, coupling it with the wrong use of "youre"... probably not the best way to get your point across. Why would I get riled up when a man is around? If you actually read my original post, as well as my reply, it's clear what I was saying. Apparently you didn't get it the first, second, or even third time around... hey, maybe 4th time's a charm?

I leave the toilet seat up as well.
edit on 27-12-2012 by Logarock because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Too many people in this thread are throwing around the term "Alpha Male" like it means anything to our species.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by DoYouEvenLift
Too many people in this thread are throwing around the term "Alpha Male" like it means anything to our species.

But it does bother you.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 07:41 PM
link   

I cant help but chuckle when its mentioned... "alpha" male... each time I hear it, I think of a software program in an alpha state; infested with glitches and hang ups, buggy, needing numerous code rewrites to be optimized, unpolished with crudely implemented content, missing content as of yet to be added, and just generally in a sub-marketable state
edit on 12/27/2012 by CaticusMaximus because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by EvanB

I'm a very gentle, kind-hearted guy, but you're right to a degree and I laughed my ass off reading your OP.

I'm lucky though having a mezamorph body type, with a large head and a thick skull, so if needed I could take a hard hit, grab a man and throw him up and over my shoulder straight onto his head, and I could do it in a heartbeat. RAH!

edit on 27-12-2012 by NewAgeMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Logarock

But it does bother you.

It bothers good sense.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Again that statement applies to more than men. I would personally say it applies to every sentient being in the multiverse, and beyond.
reply to post by CaticusMaximus

Could not agree more... Except a LOT of guys dont know this..
edit on 27-12-2012 by EvanB because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by EvanB

Originally posted by rival

But what boy or man EVER wanted to be known as a "nice guy"?

Me....and I am nice guy. Though still fully feral if need be...

That is kind of my point.. But seriously.. Who would you rather be?.. Chuck Norris, The Dark Knight or The Pope?

I guess it all depends on age. As a young'un I wanted to go to Viet Nam with my brother. I wanted to kill the enemy and be a great hero. Now, at age 57, I see war as terrifying, cruel, and a way to turn decent men into cold-hearted torturers, rapists, and baby killers. We've been warring all through mankind's history. If war was a solution, then why is there still war?

S&F Interesting thread.
edit on 12/27/2012 by jiggerj because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

I agree.. I have spent the largest proportion of my adult life in combat as a soldier... And can say with all authority that war sucks... However.. I would still fight if called upon.. And a part of me get excited by the war drums beat...

I would be terrified.. But still show up..

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   
I once diffused the beast in another man though by employing an infinitely higher degree of Civility, and it was very powerful, and in that instance I was like a man of men.

The guy, and his buddy were kind of drunk, and they were lurching around like barbarians, with the one guy shouting at people, intimidating them, scaring them, so I walked straight towards the guy calm as a cucumber, fearless, maybe even smiling, and he ran up to me so close I could smell his stinking breath and look him in the eye, eye to eye, but in a non-judgemental, almost compassionate, and humorous way and I simply informed him that I was "security" and that he was violating the law of the brotherhood of man, and he threatened to punch me, while crumbling and begging ME to "stop it man" - he couldn't hit me, it was hilarious! I then states clearly so his friend could hear me too, that we're all one family, and his friend jumped all over that agreeing wholeheartedly, and then I let him off the hook and gave him props.

It felt pretty manly performing what amounted to a type of exorcism right there on the spot, seeing his demon cower and then be transformed by the power of my Christian love - and I told them to stop it, to stop "beating people up" because I knew they'd done that before, almost certainly more than once, and they went away with a different outlook.

But based on what the OP is saying, perhaps these guys were just acting out their repressed "manhood", the only problem is that they devolved in the process and become some type of animal or neaderthal man at best, yet one touch with my "fairy godmother" wand, and they became actual people again, and the only way that I could have done it, is with the kind of love and power that my mother put into me - the "man" in me would have wanted to kick their asses, but the Godman in me knew a better way to in effect do the same thing but for an altogther different reason than outmanning someone else.

Civility I think defines manliness, which I've heard said that to be truly Civilized is to never heart another person's feelings unintentionally, so a civilized man is one who walks softly but carries a very big stick of a wholly unexpected variety which unites both masculine and feminine aspects and wields a power like lightening.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

That is courage... To face the "beast" is not always about violence.. Violence should only EVER be in defence... A REAL man knows this.. I have also been in similar situations in places across the world and used diplomacy to stop an esculation of violence..

Manhood is about preservation and defense.. Violence is easy.. Turning the other cheek takes more courage than some can possibly imagine..

Props to you sir

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 08:32 PM
link   
I have to ask, if this is all the Essence of Manhood, then, what is the Essence of Womanhood?

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 08:38 PM
link   

I have to ask, if this is all the Essence of Manhood, then, what is the Essence of Womanhood?

Why dont you make a thread about it?

This is about men...

But my view is that they want the same things as men.. Love, trust, to be noticed, to be a priorty, protected.. I think we all want those things..

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Please remember to watch out for brainwashing. Propaganda.

Try to think of what agenda may be behind what you are told.

Consider the minds of The Overlords. They want men working so they can make money off your back. And for women, they want them breeding more Serfs; Consumers and cannon fodder.

Be careful what you believe in. Try to see agendas behind rhetoric.

What you are told is often for others benefit, not yours.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by EvanB

Why dont you make a thread about it?

This is about men...

But my view is that they want the same things as men.. Love, trust, to be noticed, to be a priorty, protected.. I think we all want those things..

This is hardly about men. This is about machismo.

en.wikipedia.org...

If men and women want the same things, why are you pushing this artificial divide between men and women? Do you feel men and women are equals?

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by EvanB

You know what's amuzing about the saying "turn the other cheek" that almost no one knows, and it goes with "if they ask you to carry their stuff one mile, go an extra mile" and, "if they ask for your cloak, given them your tunic also" - and that is all of these instances are examples of non-violent protest designed to heap scorn and shame on the oppressor, in those days a function of Roman occupation, whereby in

case one) The roman soldier would backhand you across the face, whether from a horse or standing man to man, and to "turn the other cheek" meant to turn your head so that his next blow would hit you straight on, and in

case two) The subservient would often be commanded to carry their # a whole mile, which is by far too far already, so you carry it an entire 2nd mile anyway! and in

case three) If they ask for your cloak and you give them your tunic also, that leaves you in your undergarments.

The response to these suggestions, when the people understood what Jesus was saying, must have been uproarious laughter, and epiphany.

That Jesus, one very smart and very very funny man. A men among men.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by EvanB

There is no doubt about it, the softening has removed the central identity of both sexes. Men have become something other than "men" and lost their masculine identity only to find themselves in an unknown place between neither world. Just as women have lost theirs and no longer understand or know what it is to be a "woman". This is also the proponent as to why most couples no longer are successful for the most part. Natural needs are contradicted and replaced by what we are now taught to 'be' even though much of it is contrary to everything we are by nature.

Neither knows anymore what they are to one another or who is what. This is just my observation. Civilization has destroyed the family, men, women and the dynamic of what a union is.

This doesn't excuse men from leaving the toilet seat down, or also being equally responsible for all responsibilities that women share as well. This doesn't exempt men from being considerate of their 'woman love' in all things just as she should be towards him. Both should live to do so for one another always. Both should live to uphold one another in all things and do everything to make life easier for one another because Love does that. Love listens in sensitivity regardless how machismo or masculine the man is.

Love wants to hear and as the protector he should instinctively want to immediately be responsive as well as sensitive. There is no weakness in expressing sensitivity because when you love both are vulnerable to each other. Both inside that love have chosen to submit and be 'vulnerable' to one another. A woman needs to know she can trust her man and go to him with everything just as the man needs to feel the same towards his woman. Nothing hidden or held back. Such transparency between each other does not remove any amount of masculinity or femininity from either but rather exposes both in their true essence to each other.

We in our natural state both male and female, masculine and feminine should naturally adhere to live every day in that Love for our partners........................to do and think and be in the center of that heart. It should be an equal measure of sacrifice because that is what love is.

As a women I yearn to be shielded under that masculinity in my man. That is deeply how I as a woman can recognize my need, trust and love in him. Just as I know the man as well yearns to be driven by that innate femininity inside a woman who needs and depends on him in that way even if she herself is strong.

In this balance the man will still be the protector...................and the woman will be happy to shield herself beneath his wing.

What it comes down to is full on responsibility for one another and hard work without excuses.

There is no excuse for inconsideration or selfishness in an union with regards to the argument of masculinity and femininity and the natural balance of such a partnership when we are true in our essence.

When we choose to be in a partnership than we have chosen to mold two lives into one, both being equally responsible for one another in thought, deed and all things unspoken but lived day to day in the natural expression of being.

Both literally are each others balance and together are completion. That is not something to take lightly or for granted.

Truthfully most people nowadays only know how to be selfish and egocentric, having lost the ability to sacrifice in and for love. Judging by what I see all around me people are consumed with themselves in a 'me, me, me and I, I and I' culture having lost the ability to even know what love is or demands from us in a sacrifice that should come naturally and with a happy heart.

There is so much about Love that is born out of sacrifice and pain. The greatest gifts in life have to be born out of such lessons because that is how we are refined in the fire. Just how a child must enter this world, born out of pain and suffering to embrace a new life that brings with it joy and even more love. Such is Love all the way around. It makes us better, refines us and purges us from our imperfections. That is the purposeful design of it.

Often Love is born out of pain in ways that demand the greatest change from us for the betterment of our being fearlessly.
edit on 27-12-2012 by Egyptia because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by DoYouEvenLift

Whats wrong with machismo?... Its like women rolling their eyes saying "boys will be boys".. What is wrong with boys being boys? Do they want them to be contrite and compliant asexual drones? Then, after years of this kind of eye rolling, the result is the man is just an organic tool for the meat grinder because boys will be boys =bad.. Being manly=bad or even a joke..

THEN... They complain that there is no real men left!!!

Screw that!

If women can be feminine then I will be as manly as I like

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Real men turn away from the "manly escalation" that usually results in a fight. The Hero is not the conqueror or the war monger that defeats the enemy. The Hero is the peace maker. I hardly expect that opinion to matter in a country that is at everlasting war and cage matches though.

53 seconds in...

new topics
top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join