It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The True Essence Of Manhood..

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by EvanB

You should give credit to the author that wrote that in his book "Wild at Heart". Just saying... it kinda seems like you want people to believe those profound words came from you when the truth is, you're just reading a really good book.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by EvanB

Are you serious?!?! Even your comments are plagiarized from John Elderidge's book "Wild at Heart". Pretty sure you're still in the Preface or Chapter 1.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by closerseemsfurther

Ouch. That's a shame. And not even any credit eh? Tsk tsk.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by EvanB

My issue with your statement is that it defies nature.. The very conditioning of society to downgrade mens roles and make him less aggressive and more pliable has created that mindset..

Im not sure how you can come to the conclusion that the only objective way to identify who is a man, and who is not. ie, through chromosomes, is unnatural. Isnt that the MOST natural way to define who is a man, and who isnt?

Also, have you considered that perhaps it is not mens absolute roles that are "diminishing", but womens relative roles within society increasing in importance, thus narrowing the relative gap between the sexes, giving rise to the idea that men are somehow under attack?

Originally posted by EvanBBut we are soo much more! We are built to exceed ourselves if only we would believe it!

Again that statement applies to more than men. I would personally say it applies to every sentient being in the multiverse, and beyond.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Double post sry.
edit on 27-12-2012 by LesMisanthrope because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by AussieAmandaC

Originally posted by Logarock
I do find this painting or whatever very intriguing.

I think that represents an angle that she knows there's some things only she can do, she learnt from her brothers and sisters to be what ever she needs to be (on her own, with family, and on the fly), and when she needs to do it and to be it.
Don't wait for Romeo sister, get in there and fix it if it's fracked, kind of stuff. Personal interpretation only of course.

I dont see independence there like she is some super woman ego. I like to think of her as what the hords would find after having felled the men in battle and thinking the homeland was open for the easy taking....they would meet her. The second wave, not hiding in a corner with the kids but out on the front.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by closerseemsfurther
reply to post by EvanB

You should give credit to the author that wrote that in his book "Wild at Heart". Just saying... it kinda seems like you want people to believe those profound words came from you when the truth is, you're just reading a really good book.

I have indeed read that book.. But why accuse of plagurisation when thats what we were all thinking anyway? There is after all nothing new under the sun..

Why would I copy from a book something I already know?

Why is it a bad thing to discuss truth?

This is my life I have wrote here.. My experience.. And my deep regret at what manhood has become

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaticusMaximus

My issue with your statement is that it defies nature.. The very conditioning of society to downgrade mens roles and make him less aggressive and more pliable has created that mindset..

Im not sure how you can come to the conclusion that the only objective way to identify who is a man, and who is not. ie, through chromosomes, is unnatural. Isnt that the MOST natural way to define who is a man, and who isnt?

Also, have you considered that perhaps it is not mens absolute roles that are "diminishing", but womens relative roles within society increasing in importance, thus narrowing the relative gap between the sexes, giving rise to the idea that men are somehow under attack?

I would like to agree with you there but its not simply about position.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   

reply to post by smithjustinb

It takes as much courage to admit when you are wrong as it does to duke someone out..

Hay dont bother to much with the duking aspect of being a man. I have been in my share and have lowered the boom and had it lowered. Just got to the point one day where I didnt care if I could kick a guys ass or not I just got the heck away from it. Last several times anyone has called me to the bar for back up, male and female, i told them to take care of their own problems.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   
This is all silliness.

Is there any research to back any of this up? Of course there isn't.

The definition of what a "man" is differs from culture to culture, ergo it is all social construct. You were trained form a young age to think the way you do about what being "manly" means. Why is it that your definition is any more correct than the definition of someone in Mongolia, Jordan, Congo, Brazil, or Norway?

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Raelsatu

You have a very negative understanding of masculinity in men. Have you had some bad run with an "alpha male" or something. After reading youre last two post I would say you get youre back up if you are anywhere near a "man".

First off, your last sentence doesn't make much sense. Are you telling me to get back-up if I'm near a man?....

Anyway, you misunderstood my post. If anything I was pointing out that balance is key. Meaning that you can have masculine men who are idiots, or very intelligent. Same for not-so-masculine guys. Whether or not they're exceptionally masculine doesn't matter so much as who they are as a whole. I respect masculinity when paired with other positive attributes --- i.e intelligence, good judgement, logic, self-control, etc. Likewise if a guy was not so masculine but contained those same positive attributes, I would respect him the same. See what I'm getting at??

Judging by the grammar in your post I'm not surprised you didn't understand.

"get your back up" its a colloquialism. It has to do with the way the hair on a dogs back stands up when they get defencive.

Your last sentence.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   

reply to post by CaticusMaximus

Of course I know courageous women! Look at those amazing teachers in CT who gave their lives to protect those kids.. In my eyes THAT is a REAL woman.. Or the women who hold down jobs, keep a roof over their kids heads and food in their stomaches because their man was not man enough.. I LOVE womens strength! In many ways their strength exceeds that of a man..

You know that type of woman can be hard on a man. Men who can live with these sort should be getting man of the year awards.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   
The true measure of a man lies within his compassion.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by EvanB

Yeap that is what is happening. Society and plus other factors are making men weak, and sorry. How many men do you see have beards? Or even how many men nowadays will stand up and take a punch to the chops for a rude remark about their family or wife?

Its pretty sad, but sooner or later men will be gone, and all that will be left is wussy boys, who are 40 years old, with women running all over them like they think they are the boss.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   
And again a simple and very rare discussion about what it is to be a man has become derailed about and women are becoming the subject? Why is this so.

Perhaps I represent a dinosaur or outmoded view but I frankly dislike the increaded pressure to be more feminine. The give up the views of masculinity that I grew up with in favour or this universal metrosexuality.

Fair play to the metros but the older or more manly type of male should not be denigrated merely for being true to themselves...

It is like pretending to like opera when you cannot abide the infernal caterwauling!

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by DoYouEvenLift
This is all silliness.

The definition of what a "man" is differs from culture to culture, ergo it is all social construct. You were trained form a young age to think the way you do about what being "manly" means. Why is it that your definition is any more correct than the definition of someone in Mongolia, Jordan, Congo, Brazil, or Norway?

Spoken like a true 21st century wussy boy needing academic research to validate where he stands in life.

How do you know there isn't research?

There has been lots of research on male-female attraction. Women are attracted to alpha males. It's their best evolutionary advantage.

Wussy boys from centuries ago would have never passed down their DNA.

Here's my personal experience. Act like a wussy boy and women will want to be friends. Act like an alpha male and women will be chasing you, following yo around the world, wanting you to pick them to have sex with.

Attraction is not a choice.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by sconner755

Originally posted by DoYouEvenLift
This is all silliness.

Spoken like a true 21st century wussy boy needing academic research to validate where he stands in life.

How do you know there isn't research?

There has been lots of research on male-female attraction. Women are attracted to alpha males. It's their best evolutionary advantage.

Wussy boys from centuries ago would have never passed down their DNA.

Here's my personal experience. Act like a wussy boy and women will want to be friends. Act like an alpha male and women will be chasing you, following yo around the world, wanting you to pick them to have sex with.

Attraction is not a choice.

I'm sorry, it is in your personal experience to have multiple women following you on an epic round the world journey of sex and intrigue?

Are you Indiana Jones?

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Raelsatu

What you described there are not real men.

The true man... the alpha male.
Is caring, confident, intelligent and has a sense of humor. He fights when he has to in order to defend what's his.

If men behaved more like real men then society wouldn't have so many issues.

What you have are a bunch of insecure boys running around looking for trouble to validate their worthless existence.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by sconner755

Attraction is not a choice.... I love this saying. it's so true.

Going beyond that there is also this.

Spoon boy: Do not try and bend the spoon. That's impossible. Instead... only try to realize the truth.
Neo: What truth?
Spoon boy: There is no spoon.
Neo: There is no spoon?
Spoon boy: Then you'll see, that it is not the spoon that bends, it is only yourself.

Once you realize that truth, "Attraction is not a choice". You have to only change yourself in order to change the world. Or attract the opposite sex.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   

"get your back up" its a colloquialism. It has to do with the way the hair on a dogs back stands up when they get defencive.

Your last sentence.

If you're going to type couple-sentence posts, at least take a few seconds to work on the grammar. Using a random idiom, coupling it with the wrong use of "youre"... probably not the best way to get your point across. Why would I get riled up when a man is around? If you actually read my original post, as well as my reply, it's clear what I was saying. Apparently you didn't get it the first, second, or even third time around... hey, maybe 4th time's a charm?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join