It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Smoking Gun That THEY WANT YOU TO KEEP! The REAL Story.

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by YourOtherSelf

Maybe paranoia is manifesting through a lot of people in the world for a very good reason.

A few years ago the exhaust under my automobile was knocked loose. I could have chosen to fix this unfortunate event by using duck-tape and covering up or masking the problem, only leading to further events later down the road.

SSIR's have become the duck tape for our collective issues. They have been indoctrinated into our culture as the normal way to approach healing alabeledg labled as a disorder by the same people feeding us the supposed cure.

All the while we are the ones truly paying the price for what amounts to be some very pricey duck-tape.

Yeah, no you doing a half-assed job on your exhaust is not the same as the heavily regulated drug industry.

I and the people around me feel the benefits of an SSRI each and every day.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   
People getting benefits from SSRI's are probably the exception, not the rule. I have seen it ruin lives more so than illegal street drugs. I also do not know one depressed or anxious person on an SSRI who has seen a decrease at all in their depression or anxiety. So saying it works for you is valid and I'm glad that is does, but it's not the case for everyone. For one thing, each body is made up differently. Some people can go enjoy a few drinks with friends and go home jolly and others enjoy the same thing and go home to beat someone up. I would venture to say it's a similar comparison. Each body and mind reacts differently to the chemicals put into it.
Most of those I know taking ssris or any type of pharm meds for psyche issues end up on a cocktail that is ever evolving to new and better and stronger drugs because none of them WORK .

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Prezbo369

Maybe paranoia is manifesting through a lot of people in the world for a very good reason.

A few years ago the exhaust under my automobile was knocked loose. I could have chosen to fix this unfortunate event by using duck-tape and covering up or masking the problem, only leading to further events later down the road.

SSIR's have become the duck tape for our collective issues. They have been indoctrinated into our culture as the normal way to approach healing alabeledg labled as a disorder by the same people feeding us the supposed cure.

All the while we are the ones truly paying the price for what amounts to be some very pricey duck-tape.

Yeah, no you doing a half-assed job on your exhaust is not the same as the heavily regulated drug industry.

You have not correctly understood why the above metaphor was chosen. I apologize for the frustration this may have caused you; this is a touchy subject for me as well.

In truth I am not against the use of psychotropic medications at all. What I am against however is the current "paradigm" that believes the first approach at healing any form of mental illness involves throwing a new colored pill down the patients throat.

I would enjoy seeing psychiatry get back to its roots.

The term psychiatry is derived from the Greek words psyche, meaning “mind” or “soul,” and iatreia, meaning “healing.”

The term psychiatry is derived from the Greek words psyche, meaning “mind” or “soul,” and iatreia, meaning “healing.” Until the 18th century, mental illness was most often seen as demonic possession, but it gradually came to be considered as a sickness requiring treatment.

The person experiencing the experience of "mental illness" should have choice in the matter, whether or not to take todays new pill. And they do. My problem is with how we handle our young on this planet.

More and more we diagnose kids as young as 4 years old with "Bi Polar" disorder, and begin medication promptly. These children do not have a choice in the matter, they are born out of a society that dictates how one should interpret reality.

That is where I have a problem, and I plan on doing something about it.

Big Pharma is a cash cow that never runs out of milk, certain "farmers" are milking that cow for all its worth. That is one of many like minded structures I wouldn't mind seeing topple in this new age we find our self in.

YOS
edit on 28-12-2012 by YourOtherSelf because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

Prezbo is talking about me calling doctors evil, which I did, not directly, but indirectly to play off of his sarcastic remarks originally calling them evil, because I wanted to imply that the way he sees things in the healthcare system (positively) is not all sunshine and butterflies for many other people; that the quality treatment he receives is very fortunate, but unfortunately unshared by many others.

Originally posted by unb3k44n7

Well one things for sure, there's a lot of very paranoid people in the world....

But not those folk who don't take any of those evil drugs prescribed by evil doctors (most evil people on the planet) made by evil drugs companies helped by evil governments though, they're definitely not paranoid.

edit on 27-12-2012 by Prezbo369 because: (no reason given)

It's pretty easy to think that way when you have not gone through the healthcare system and the way you are treated and handled yourself or at least know of somebody close to you that has. It's easy to not see evil...when you don't see evil.

Just because you don't believe it doesn't make it untrue. You just haven't experienced it clearly.
edit on 27-12-2012 by unb3k44n7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 09:36 PM
link   

While I'm sure they help people, I've tried them and received no results. My girlfriend has been trying various SSRI's for the last year and is still anxious/depressed. So you know, it's definitely not all rainbows and puppies. My ex-girlfriend has been on zoloft since she was a teenager, and hasn't changed to this day. For those of whom have a brain chemistry problem, I don't argue that the pills could help alleviate that. But for others it's not as simple as a few chemicals.

The other thing I'm interested in is where the DSM-V goes; I think that will tell us a story about their intentions. Th DSM-IV was bad enough, a lot of the symptoms you could find in any person.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Nice thread. I have been saying, since they started pushing the mental health angle in this last shooting, that there was a motive! What you have presented is certainly a very good one. They gain more money, and more control, and a more pliable population. They get various crises to exploit as they see fit. Win/win for those in control, or in line to make a profit. Lose/lose for the rest of us!

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 11:26 PM
link   

The only question I have is why is this not happening on such a frequent basis in other countries...unless they just don't push those drugs as much as the US does? Why is it happening on almost what seems like a bi-weekly basis in the US...LATELY, particularly since July? It seems too contrived to me.

edit on 29-12-2012 by CinnamonHearts because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by CinnamonHearts

The only question I have is why is this not happening on such a frequent basis in other countries...unless they just don't push those drugs as much as the US does? Why is it happening on almost what seems like a bi-weekly basis in the US...LATELY, particularly since July? It seems too contrived to me.

It happens some

Infanticide

Disgusting

Really?

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Well, the use of such drugs, if they are not so widely used in other places as here, would be a pretty good reason. Personally, I think we simply don't hear about all of the terrible things that happen all over the world, unless there is some reason that the media wants us to hear about them. Many places in Africa, there are atrocities far worse than this latest one, on a daily basis, and we don't hear about those, save now and then. Some places, the governments commit atrocities, and we might hear about some, but you can be there are many more hat don't make the evening news.

Finally, I think that here, they push such stories to the forefront, when it suits them, and ignore them when it doesn't. Only a couple f the recent ones had more than a handful of deaths, but we still see a "shooter story of the week", or even bi-weekly. I am sure that, if we had all the data, we would see many cases similar to some of these, where 1-3 people were shot, maybe killed, but the media didn't push those cases. Yet, recently, I have read about more than one where literally no one was hurt, but the story was thrown around as significant, and compared to the serious cases. There is a definite agenda in play regarding these things.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by jasonl1983

It happens some

Infanticide

Disgusting

Really?

The thing is with those cases though, there is no mention of the women being on drugs, at least not from what I read. They called it "pregnancy denial." Obviously, psychologically, there's something very wrong, but to me, it doesn't sound like they were prescribed meds prior to their actions. It's definitely a very disturbing trend there.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by LadyGreenEyes

Well, the use of such drugs, if they are not so widely used in other places as here, would be a pretty good reason. Personally, I think we simply don't hear about all of the terrible things that happen all over the world, unless there is some reason that the media wants us to hear about them. Many places in Africa, there are atrocities far worse than this latest one, on a daily basis, and we don't hear about those, save now and then. Some places, the governments commit atrocities, and we might hear about some, but you can be there are many more hat don't make the evening news.

Finally, I think that here, they push such stories to the forefront, when it suits them, and ignore them when it doesn't. Only a couple f the recent ones had more than a handful of deaths, but we still see a "shooter story of the week", or even bi-weekly. I am sure that, if we had all the data, we would see many cases similar to some of these, where 1-3 people were shot, maybe killed, but the media didn't push those cases. Yet, recently, I have read about more than one where literally no one was hurt, but the story was thrown around as significant, and compared to the serious cases. There is a definite agenda in play regarding these things.

True, the media seem to like to push the "quiet lone gunman" lately. There is definitely more than meets the eye, but considering I don't necessarily believe that, at least in the last two big shootings, that the alleged shooters are even the actual shooters, it's hard for me to correlate the drugs with the shootings. It's hard to make sense of something with so much missing information. .
edit on 30-12-2012 by CinnamonHearts because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 10:21 AM
link   
The UK is implementing programmes that prefer Psychology before prescribing but there are some people that will still require things like SSRI and because the evidence so far in studies hasn't warranted banning them, they will continue to be prescribed.

That is the reason I suggested MORE studies, of a more detailed nature, only then can any real progress be made as to the nature of these chemicals and their interactions, and a proper course of action taken, be it modification of prescriptions, the SSRI'S themselves, diagnosis, Allele testing, or banning.

Personally I have professional knowledge of how these things work and also was prescribed anti depressants twice over twenty years, firstly probably because of a reaction to birth control causing depression, when I was a teenager, I only took them for about a week and didn't like the numb feeling so stopped. Secondly about 10 years ago when an incident left my nerves shattered and was prescribed possibly Valium, again I took it for a few days, hated the weird, spaced out, numb feeling and stopped taking them.

However, while they don't suit most people, they do often have a much needed effect for those that do require them and whilst they have a place, they will be prescribed, here's how prescription patterns show in the UK and how attempts at lessening them being prescribed are being put in place.

www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by CinnamonHearts

Where governments are involved, the primary motive is normally to suspect how it affects voting and voters.

They are elected from voting and swaying public opinion, however cunningly. Affecting the minds of voters is their main tool for gaining power.

Do governments want a public that has in depth knowledge of things that don't rise to the bait when they cast their nets, no they do not. They want an easily manipulated, reactionary general public that reacts predictably.

How do they ensure this?

They use extreme cases to inflame public outrage, they use basic psychological tactics of basic emotions in swaying opinions for / against things. In the recent cases ''nut jobs'' that need ''medicating'' or ''locking up'', schools (AKA the State) having more power over parents,children, the minds of those suffering mental health issues or certain conditions, where and how people live, where people go, their calls, their emails, their privacy.

Basically they are making waves into the public psyche they they NEED the government snooping and their denial of ANY privacy for their own safety, when in fact this loss of privacy has probably in reality CAUSED a lot of suffering. People in observed cages with a potential suspicion looming over them don't feel free or at ease, they feel under stress, regardless of how innocent their activities.

When the Mental Hospitals were closed they moved Mental Health care out of the hands of Doctors and Psychiatrists and into the hands of the local authorities, the State, the Borough Councils, etc who are basically beaurocrats, often chosen because of their lack of life experience and general knowledge and their ability for emotionless, uneducated robotic ''do as your told and no quibbling or looking under the surface'' mentality.

At meetings that decide the treatment of those suffering mental health issues, at least here in the UK and probably most places, is a rep from the local council from the care in the community dept, a mental health nurse, social services if the person has a social worker, and sometimes their carers. Psychiatrists are deemed too busy and important to attend generally and their advice, which is normally in the form of prescription and diagnosis only is brought by the MHN. The Psychiatrist diagnosis is normally on a waiting list basis, a review every 3 / 4 / 6 months and often with limited information to work with and limited consultation times.

There are too many gaps in the system that have to be rectified and IMO a complete review would be instrumental in healing society's ails....though saying that the root of the cause of such an ailing society always should be considered as imperative.
edit on 30-12-2012 by theabsolutetruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by theabsolutetruth

Very good posts!

I think it is important to note that you used the word "numb" twice in your post when describing the effects that these chemicals had on you. You also described a "weird, spaced out feeling".

That is the point behind my conspiracy theory of these drugs. Over the years, I have had several close friends, and quite a few other people in my life who have been prescribed these drugs and they all had noticeable changes in their personality, moods, and behaviors after being on these drugs for a sustained amount of time. These are in some cases people I have known for 5-15 years and I knew them very well but after 3-12 months on these chemicals, they changed, and the change was not beneficial IMO.

The main changes I noticed was exactly what you described "numb, weird, spaced out" along with "desensitized, apathetic, and shallow". Things that normally would have evoked a emotional reaction out of these people did not. Things that they would normally have questioned, they did not. In other words, the drugs made them less curious, less thoughtful, more easily lead(sheeple like) and much more emotionally blunted and subdued.

If there is a conspiracy involving these drugs, I think it is to keep people so "spaced out" and "numb" they will not question what is going on around them, and will become so emotionally detached that when things do happen they do not react.

Now, I realize that not everyone has this sort of reaction to these chemicals, and for some they are helpful. But for the people I have known in my life, these drugs did nothing to help them with their problems, all they did was keep these people from experiencing any sort of strong response to their environment and it numbed them up so they did not have to experience any strong emotion or thought. I think the feelings and thoughts were still there but the way my friends processed them was blunted. For people who have very strong emotions, this can be a good thing, but the problem was these chemicals changed ALL emotions and thoughts. not just the strong negative ones which my friends needed help with, but also the GOOD feelings and thoughts were blunted. They no longer expressed joy, excitement and happiness but everything became "yeah, whatever".

I wonder if perhaps what we are seeing when these shooters go on their rampages, is the effects of these chemicals suppressing and subduing these thoughts and emotions and when the person either goes off the drugs cold turkey or they are over dosing or they are being given potent cocktails, they are flipping out. It takes a lot of rage, anger, and fury to unleash these sort of attacks, these are extreme emotional responses and not the sort a person on a SSRI would usually do( from what i have seen based off my friends).

perhaps that is why reports always seem to say " he was such a calm, quiet boy" well, maybe he was because of the drugs, but when the drugs are given too much for too long, or given in a bad combination, or given too much and are stopped abruptly in certain individuals already prone to extreme emotional reactions they are the breaking point?

The grander conspiracy....if indeed there is one, is to subdue as much of the population as possible, that way when these horrific events happen, we just feel depressed and we run out and take some happy pills and go about our business, so that when anything horrific happens we do not respond, we do not question, we do not demand explainations. If those at the top truly fear the masses questioning them or heaven forbid rising up against them this would be a perfect way to keep us under their thumb.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Mijamija

If there is a conspiracy involving these drugs, I think it is to keep people so "spaced out" and "numb" they will not question what is going on around them, and will become so emotionally detached that when things do happen they do not react.

Keeping people spaced out ...

Last year, the AP reported that trace amounts of a wide range of pharmaceuticals — including antibiotics, anti-convulsants, mood stabilizers and sex hormones — have been found in American drinking water supplies. Including recent findings in Dallas, Cleveland and Maryland's Prince George's and Montgomery counties, pharmaceuticals have been detected in the drinking water of at least 51 million Americans.

Most cities and water providers still do not test. Some scientists say that wherever researchers look, they will find pharma-tainted water.

www.usnews.com...

They assure us that terrorists could never attack the US water supply.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by theabsolutetruth

My sister had a mental breakdown a few years ago. She was put on several prescribed medications, none of which I can remember the names of, but these were prescribed to her by her family doctor, not a psychologist. She never saw a psychologist, just a therapist, and that was after she was put on meds.

As someone above mentioned, I, too, noticed huge differences in her personality and it was disturbing, frustrating, scary and sad. She was no longer my sister. She felt nothing and I understand that, for some time, that's the whole point of the meds...someone is so far gone emotionally that they basically need a "time out." But her timeout was endless, she cried at nothing, she laughed at nothing, never smiled. Nothing. She finally stopped taking the meds on her own, which I know is dangerous, but nonetheless, that's what she did, and she's never looked back.

I want to point out one thing, and that is that it is not 'just' meds for depression, ADHD, etc. that can cause problems, and people should be worried about. My father, a few years ago, was put on Lipitor. Now, there may have been many things playing into what we saw with him, as we later learned he has Parkinson's, but WHILE on Lipitor my Dad went through HUGE personality changes. He became beyond paranoid, nervous, he would second guess every little thing, he began forgetting things, his talking became slurred like he was drunk, he was like a deer in the headlights all the time. So I started to search on the internet for answers, and I searched Lipitor, and all kinds of horror stories came up...some even linking Parkinson's to being CAUSED by Lipitor. I shared with my Dad all of the things I have read, and because he was so paranoid at the time, he was scared to tell his doctor that he didn't want to be on Lipitor anymore. He was so paranoid, he was afraid to go against his doctor. So it took some begging on my part, but he eventually stopped taking the pills. And guess what? All of the things I mentioned above, disappeared. Obviously, drugs affect everyone in different ways, but it's scary to me that a drug for high cholesterol could have these side affects. Moral of my story is, it is not just psychiatric drugs that people should be concerned about.
edit on 30-12-2012 by CinnamonHearts because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 04:49 PM
link   
nice thread!
The money chain starts with the patient and can be traced back to Big pharma, a symbiont of academic professors and the government. In this system the chain exists because the patient keeps taking the drugs and when more patients are recruited. I'm not saying all drugs are bad, just there is a balance of care and money and it is important to understand what the person you go to for help is being driven by.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   
With big Pharma as the largest lobbier of our lawmakers, i think its unlikely the MSM will appropriately target the drug manufacturers alongside the gun lobbies and mental health profession as the culprits in the Sandy Hill shooting.

But ive smelled a rat in the spree shootings throughout the year and my take on the conspiracy is as follows:

SSRI's are a realistic factor in the occurrence of these types of shooting

Electromagnetic signals from Cellphones and towers, probably work together with the unique chemistries of peoples brains (on SSRI's) to cause further mental stability loss

as an integral part of our economy, big pharma being prosecuted as liable for these types of massacres is unlikely and doing so will contribute to a failure of our economy

in addition, by any abrupt removal of SSRI's from the market there would be a deluge of chemically de-stabilised people now present in our society ( I'm not anti SSRI, just saying withdrawal is a B!tCh)

likewise, the prosecution of the lawmakers who allowed the dangerous use and prescription of SSRI's is unlikely because it would make America look weaker and corrupt to the world.

Focusing on taking away certain types of guns and magazines with high capacity is seeming to just polarize the pro-gun people.

If theres a car based massacre, nobody will blame the DMV or auto manufacturers...and would anyone look at big pharma as culprit?

in short I think the understated part of the tragedy is that the shooters condition and state of mind could have been negatively influenced by his chemical condition ( i.e. what meds he was on) and the effect of electronic pollution on his mind and body.

The scariest thing to me is the thought that ALMOST Anybody, if sufficiently toxified and irradiated by wireless can do these types of horrors, ecpecially when empowered by our freedom to own weapons or cars

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by balanc3

I work in an institution and have seen first hand a group of professors try to make a student kill in order to try to puch through a CC bill on campus. They even put a gun in his hands?!!! It was done is a very clever way so that there was no evidence trail... Have no doubt that these people are evil.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by CinnamonHearts

Well sure, you're right. But there was no evidence of SSRI use cited in the op linked article which mentions Newtown, either.

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19 >>

join