It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Quake Watch 2013

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Event Time

2013-01-21 19:49:02 UTC
2013-01-21 23:19:02 UTC+03:30 at epicenter
2013-01-21 11:49:02 UTC-08:00 system time
So it was 11:49 UTC where?

Because the article says this...but it doesn't say what time zone, only 11:30 am. Is 11:49 utc am or pm?

The alleged blast was said to have erupted at 11.30am last Monday – on the eve of the Israeli election –

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thorneblood
Event Time

2013-01-21 19:49:02 UTC
2013-01-21 23:19:02 UTC+03:30 at epicenter
2013-01-21 11:49:02 UTC-08:00 system time
So it was 11:49 UTC where?

Because the article says this...but it doesn't say what time zone, only 11:30 am. Is 11:49 utc am or pm?

The alleged blast was said to have erupted at 11.30am last Monday – on the eve of the Israeli election –

My friend let try again, if explosion report was pm you got a story ..

AM start after midnight to noon then come PM to midnight, am-00:01 to 12:00; pm-12:01 to 24:00 ..

So if was local Iran time it's 10 hrs differences, if was UTC time report of explosion that go to 7 hrs ..
edit on 28-1-2013 by MariaLida because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 02:23 PM
link   
So your saying that this event didn't happen at 11:49 UTC on the 21st of January, nearly twenty minutes after a reported explosion at nuclear facility?
or
That the vibrations from such an explosion couldn't be felt by a USGS station that far away?
or
Both?

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by MariaLida
reply to post by muzzy

Emilia Romagna is most active area in Italy, probably we will have more EQ 's here in time ahead ..

2013-01-25 14:48:18.0 44.17 N 10.45 E 10 5.0 NORTHERN ITALY

2012-05-29 11:00:24.0 44.91 N 11.02 E 10 5.0 NORTHERN ITALY
2012-05-29 10:55:56.0 44.90 N 10.99 E 2 5.5 NORTHERN ITALY
2012-05-29 07:00:03.0 44.89 N 11.07 E 5 5.8 NORTHERN ITALY
2012-05-20 13:18:03.0 44.83 N 11.44 E 10 5.2 NORTHERN ITALY
2012-05-20 03:02:48.0 44.89 N 11.18 E 2 5.2 NORTHERN ITALY
2012-05-20 02:03:53.0 44.90 N 11.24 E 10 6.1 NORTHERN ITALY
2012-01-27 14:53:14.0 44.48 N 10.03 E 60 5.0 NORTHERN ITALY

edit on 26-1-2013 by MariaLida because: (no reason given)

2013-01-28 20:26:49.018min ago 44.05 N 8.61 E 5 3.3 NORTHERN ITALY

www.emsc-csem.org...

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by happykat39

I do want to go through the Excel file of Nevada area quakes first since one of my points pivots on them. And that will take some time considering the size of the file.

Yup, I am going to have a go at it to see if we can work out the frequencies. I will let you have what I find. I am writing a program to tackle it as it may take 2 or 3 days to write but that will be shorter than trying to manually look through that lot!

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 04:07 PM
link   
update to post by PuterMan

More info: The lists are updated at 3am Mountain time (UTC -7) so the last update was 2000 UTC on the 27th and therefore before the event. It will be on the next update I have no doubt.

Dummkopf PuterMan you are subtracting instead of adding! Duh!

The last report was 0300 Mountain time on the 28th, which was 1000 UTC on the the 28th. The next report will be 1000 UTC on the 29th. By that reckoning the 4.4 should have been in that report, but it depends how long it takes to actually get put on it.

The similar PDE reports it takes about a day so maybe at 1000 UTC tomorrow it will be there.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by MariaLida

This video shows the ShakeAlert for a repeat of the magnitude-7.1 Loma Prieta earthquake in 1989. This window would pop-up on your computer desktop and count down until the shaking is felt at your location.

Earthquake Early Warning in California Shifts Closer

www.ouramazingplanet.com...

An early warning system for California earthquakes could soon get a much-needed dose of money, a state lawmaker announced today (Jan 28). State Sen. Alex Padilla (D-Pacoima) introduced legislation to fund a California-wide earthquake early warning system during a press conference at Caltech.

The technology for a warning system already exists, through a prototype called the California Integrated Seismic Network, but scientists need more money to take it public. Other earthquake-prone countries with public warning systems include Japan, Mexico, Taiwan and Turkey. The estimated cost to create a public warning system is $80 million..

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by PuterMan

I do want to go through the Excel file of Nevada area quakes first since one of my points pivots on them. And that will take some time considering the size of the file.

Yup, I am going to have a go at it to see if we can work out the frequencies. I will let you have what I find. I am writing a program to tackle it as it may take 2 or 3 days to write but that will be shorter than trying to manually look through that lot!

Let me know if you succeed. I will try to do something to sort through them as well and will share with you if I beat you to it. You are right, that is one mother of a file to sort through manually and when it is sorted it still remains to actually extract the data.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Thoughts please? Just got through reading this and wanted to share it here and also ask the forum what your thoughts are. Click and read as you wish....

EARTHQUAKE PREDICTION USING ULF VARIATIONS OF THE GRAVITATIONAL FIELD O.V. Martynov, S.A. Shopin, S.P. Kurotchenko, R.V. Parshutin, V.A. Shopin, P.V. Anikeev, J.V. Chapkova Tula State University, R&D Department, Russia It is considered concept of the geodynamical processes mechanism, based on the interpretation of our planet as open nonlinear dynamical system, whose quasi-equilibrium state is periodically disturbed by the external influences associated with more global spaces (Sun, Solar System, Galaxy and etc). In consequence of disturbances of quasi-equilibrium state (which we call additional polarization) compensational processes take place acting according to the conservation laws and aiming to return the system state to the equilibrium. Originally additional polarization emerge in the planet inner core which is its center of the mass and center of polarization (according to A. Vlasov). Correspondingly

Cont.

compensational process, being the response to the additional polarization, also begins in the inner core and gradually moves along the direction from the core to the surface (and further) involving additional volumes of the planet structures into the process. On every structural level compensational process results in the additional polarization and, correspondigly, in the secondary compensational processes. Outcome of the process into the lithosphere resulting in the polarization of some of its volume is the reason of future earthquake. On the basis of considered approach processes in the atmosphere are interrelated with the processes in the lithosphere. And this correlaton is the most obvious illustration of the process. Whole processes complex is reflected in the dynamics of the terrestrial gravitational field. Every planet structural level (inner core, outer core, mantle, lithosphere, atmosphere and etc) is associated with the definitive frequency band. During the event preparation ultra low frequency (ULF,

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by MariaLida

Thats interesting, INGV only gave that a 2.9ML
cnt.rm.ingv.it...

EMSC list data providers as
Instituto Nazionale di Geofisica e Vulcanologia -- Roma, Italy (INGV)
Laboratoire de Détection et de Géophysique -- Bruyères-le-Châtel, France (LDG)
GéoAzur, Université de Nice Sophia-Antipolis, Valbonne, France -- , France (OCA)
Swiss Seismological Service -- Zürich, Switzerland (SED)

That second source gave it 3.3
www-dase.cea.fr...
edit on 28-1-2013 by muzzy because: (no reason given)

That 3rd link uses SeisComp3 , the same program as Geonet NZ

But their map doesn't work

Said 3.33 +/- 0.18
Translation to Anglais GéoAzur, Université de Nice Sophia-Antipolis, Valbonne, France
edit on 29-1-2013 by muzzy because: add comment

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 12:49 AM
link   
Hi all and happy New Year. It's been awhile since I've been here.

I no longer live in New Zealand but moved to Almaty, Kazakhstan 6 months ago and yes, we had our first biggy yesterday evening. I didn't feel it but it's all my colleagues talk about at work today. From their reporting it started as a rumble and shaking and then changed to a swaying movement, lasting around 30 seconds. Lamps swinging and shower doors rattling but nothing falling of shelves. I must be living in a more earthquake proof flat because I'm sure I was still awake when it happened.
Not feeling any of the 4 point aftershocks. Is there a 5. aftershock to be expected at some point?

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 01:29 AM
link   
LDEO 4.7 Ms , NORSAR automatic - 2.93, University of Bergen reviewed - 2.7 ML

www.ldeo.columbia.edu/~ekstrom/Research/SWD/current/RADB_SWD_grd.html

2013 1 29 0 43 4.0 76.50 7.50 33.0 4.7 SVALBARD REGION

www.norsardata.no/NDC/bulletins/gbf/lastweek.html

2013-029:00.43.04 76.60 9.07 2.25 0.84 4 2 2.93 KNIPOVICH REGION

www.geo.uib.no/seismo/nnsn/GMAPS/ALL_30/2013_01_29-00_43_04.9.html

Norwegian National Seismic Network
Location...: No
Date.........: 2013/01/29
Time.........: 00:43:04.9
Lat./Lon....: 76.808 8.536
Depth.......: 15.0
Magnitude: 2.7

edit on 29-1-2013 by wujotvowujotvowujotvo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 01:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Anneke

Just an aside...how did you go from NZ, to Kazakhstan?
And...Why?
edit on 29-1-2013 by davidmann because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 02:36 AM
link   
reply to post by davidmann

Took the plane

I couldn't get a permanent visa so had to leave the country. I'm a teacher so I searched for jobs in international schools as I didn't fancy returning to Belgium (where I'm from) or UK (where I was before). Found a job in Almaty and took it. No regrets, I love it here!

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 04:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Anneke

Ok, had a 5.0 one hour ago, didn't feel it but that answers my own question I guess.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 06:09 AM
link   

First pass on that Nevada file. This creates a slot for each day of the year and counts the number of earthquakes that occurred on that day and aggregates the ~energy in kilojoules for that day.

Very interestingly despite the fact that one day has 1,137 quakes, and the largest energy output, overall my impression is that the earlier years put out more energy.

The chart of all the data looks like this
click the image to see the full size version)

You can download the CSV file of the data processed into days here: (Zip file of CSV data 111kb)

Of course Nevada is a large area and just taking the whole of the region like this is not particularly relevant, if interesting. A scatter chart of locations, or Google Earth file of them, is what is needed to see the real distribution and the scatter chart needs to be layered into time divisions as well - probably months.

In the meantime I will see if I can run a monthly energy chart.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 06:15 AM
link   
update to post by PuterMan

No change to the mining blasts list as yet. Has not been updated.

That earthquake has not appeared in the lists either. I will give them 48 hours and then will start asking questions if nothing has appear in either place.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 07:00 AM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

They may be correct, and then again they may not. Basically they are talking about the generation of ELF gravitational waves during the process of returning the system to equilibrium after a disturbance.

whose quasi-equilibrium state is periodically disturbed by the external influences associated with more global spaces (Sun, Solar System, Galaxy and etc)

Yes I agree that the Sun and possibly other solar system bodies and beyond may have an effect on our planet. The question really is how do they affect us in terms of earthquakes? It has been proven many times over that the more distant celestial bodies have little or no effect on us in gravitational terms by comparison to our closest neighbour the Moon.

The balance of the first block just says that a system cannot exist in a state of chaos and will attempt to return to order.

Whilst I think the Electric Universe theory sounds like it may hold the clues I have to say that I am not an electrically minded person at the plasma level. Rewiring a house I can cope with but electronics even are beyond me.

Are they talking about EU theory here and the plasma connections to the Sun? I don't know but the mention of ELF waves sounds more like they are going down the Ionospheric TEC (Total Electron Content) route - a value measured on Earth by the GPS stations around the world.

However this bit:

also begins in the inner core and gradually moves along the direction from the core to the surface (and further) involving additional volumes of the planet structures into the process

would sound like they are referring to plasma or some other Electric Universe process.

On every structural level compensational process results in the additional polarization and, correspondigly, in the secondary compensational processes. Outcome of the process into the lithosphere resulting in the polarization of some of its volume is the reason of future earthquake.

You could consider this to be stress distribution. When an earthquake happens stress is transferred to other places and thus begins a stress building (or reduction) in that new area. This is similar to what they are describing. What they are not being clear about, unless I have missed it, is what exactly performs this 'polarization'?

On the basis of considered approach processes in the atmosphere are interrelated with the processes in the lithosphere. And this correlaton is the most obvious illustration of the process. Whole processes complex is reflected in the dynamics of the terrestrial gravitational field.

This however seems to steer us back to the TEC route and the presumed connection by many researchers between TEC and future earthquakes - a technology as yet unproven as far as I am concerned.

During the event preparation ultra low frequency (ULF,

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 07:01 AM
link   
My thoughts could be summarised thus:

This is another postulation that may have merit but which required stringent definitions. It sounds similar to other theories that skirt around the edges of probable electric universe theory but like other theories does not have the final answer. I would imagine that the 'several successful predictions' are along the same lines as the ITEC predictions which are so often matched after the event, which do not have validity for all events, and which as yet have not made a consistently precise prediction. Curiously none of these organisations using these theories are prepared to commit themselves - except one, and their single public prediction could not be called a success.

This may be a part of the answer but is not the whole answer.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 07:38 AM
link   
reply to post by PuterMan

Thank you for taking the time to read it. I don't understand all the terminology, however I can comprehend the gist of what they are saying.

A few seconds to ten seconds is really not enough warning and it seems as though thats the best they can do via this essay.

Also, they seem to postulate that with the uptick in volcanic activity will bring about an uptick in earthquakes. They speak about Earth changes, other natural disasters, drinking water, cannibalism
, and so much more. I saw one article yesterday where parents in N. Korea have resulted in eating their deceased child ren.

It clearly states some global event must have taken place in 1998 as all studies indicate an uptick in disasters beginning in that year.

new topics

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join