It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New low, Austin police arrest Santa.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx

Originally posted by boncho
reply to post by deadeyedick

I'm still confused, does dressing up as santa make you immune to any laws that other protestors are supposed to follow? Is this what we will have in the future now... People ready to protest without following codes and ordinances set out by cities, dressing up as children's characters so they elicit emotional responses from Joe Public?

that's not the point...people are smart, and when they see the police that instead of going after bad guys TRYING TO HARM US, arresting a santa for helping kids have fun drawing with chalk on concrete that harms absolutely no one.
and yes....dressing up as santa and helping little kids draw pictures with harmless chalk on a concrete sidewalk while parents are there to supervise, and nobody gets hurt and no property gets destroyed should be immune TO ANY LAWS!!!...what's wrong with you?

He didn't dress up as santa to "help kids have fun though" he dressed up as santa to exploit kids and make a public statement. Probably hoping to get arrested out of it...

Last time I saw kids chalking on the sidewalk, there wasn't someone shouting PEACE everytime a kid drew something....

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sagitaris

Originally posted by boncho
reply to post by deadeyedick

I'm still confused, does dressing up as santa make you immune to any laws that other protestors are supposed to follow?

silly boy your not confused your stupid
its ok i forgive you.

those were real 4 year old's not protestErs.

And Santa was encouraging the good spirit of Christmas not protesting. You goffie moron
hehe

The four year olds were being used by the protestors. Something they probably have no problem doing...

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by SubTruth
reply to post by gladtobehere

I gotta ask why are there so many reporters around crying loud mouthed Santa? And were we all of those kids just drawing and having a merry time.

To everyone who is on poor Saint Nick's side on this one you just have been played.
You need to re-think how you see the truth and the world.

I can't see the video cause I'm on dial up but from what I see posted about this the only thing he done was write on the side walk with chalk. Maybe he got mad because the police was threatening him for doing that little thing. God forbid anyone would write on the side walk with chalk. I know if they come down on me for that in that situation I would blow torch em good and they could arrest me and Kiss my A***Too many laws. Who thought of that one. some commie no doubt.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by gladtobehere

Why did that cop take photos of the person filming, and other witnesses?

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 05:35 PM
link   
The cops videotape the protesters faces and enter them into their facial recognition software programs. Once in, they can be shared with any govt agency and keep track of where and what the individual is doing/has done. Big Brother is alive and well.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by gladtobehere

Austin is a fascist town. Don't ever let them fool you.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Why do people think they shouldn't be arrested when they badger the Police?

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

I don't think that is what happened at all. Not ambush journalism. If you watch you get a pretty clear picture of what happened. The female cop says he's being arrested for chalking, and she says they got a call and he was the only one named. There was no confrontation between them, he was arrested because someone (likely an officer or a real grinch) called and Santa was the easiest to describe (as the person filming says everyone was chalking, even kids). It looks like they started to film right at the start of the arrest as he still has his chalk.

So no, I am pretty sure he was just arrested for the chalk. I don't know why you would doubt it as the police state why, if it was something else they would have said.
edit on 26-12-2012 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by FoosM

There is a bank in my small town, and last year a small group of occupy camped next to it. This year they have a security guard that takes peoples pictures all the time. Even though nothing is going on. There is a street beside the bank with parking spots that we often park at when we walk around town. Once we came back to our car to see this bank security guy looking in our car windows. We asked him what he was doing and he started walking away taking pictures of us. Other times he would walk by and try to covertly snap pictures of us (life his camera over his shoulder and snap them while walking away).

I know that doesn't have much relevance to this, but I wonder what cops and security do with all these pictures..

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Aren't those arrest records public informatin in US? Can they be accessed online? So we can once and for all put those theories to rest of what happened.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by superluminal11

Who is badgering the police?

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

I really think you are making more of this than it actually was. I have seen people arrested for sidewalk chalk before, they call it vandalism, but its meant to be used on sidewalks as it washes off easily.

I don't think this was anything more than a guy trying to do something neat and fun. He dressed up as santa and took sidewalk chalk down to let kids draw on the sidewalk with him (worth noting there has been a big campaign on facebook for people to do something nice for strangers in the christmas spirit whether it be picking up their check at the drive through or doing something fun kinda like this).

I think what you are seeing is exactly what was happening. A guy dressed up as santa supplied sidewalk chalk and was drawing on the sidewalk with kids. Someone reported it and Santa was the only one they described so he was arrested. That's it.

Obviously you want to side with the cops for some reason, but the reality is they arrested this guy for nothing and wasted tax payer money doing it.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by riverwild
reply to post by TXTriker

I certainly didnt mean to appear as I was bashing cops.

I apologize if anyone took it that way.

I just felt a bit sorry for old Santa getting cuffed in front of the children his was trying to entertain.

BTW ~ My uncle is a cop.

I guess some of us reacted perhaps a little to quickly given the history of the site.

For that I apologize.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99
The thing is, the cops are obviously programmed or instructed to make arrests or citations, even if you have to manufacture them, whenever they see kids around. They are instructed to instruct the children to be fearful and obey.

So this had nothing to do with the sidewalk chalk and Santa, and everything to do with programming the children to be disempowered.
edit on 25-12-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

Really?

You think that is what the agenda is for Occupy Austin - to teach children to obey and be fearful.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow
reply to post by boncho

I don't think that is what happened at all. Not ambush journalism. If you watch you get a pretty clear picture of what happened. The female cop says he's being arrested for chalking, and she says they got a call and he was the only one named. There was no confrontation between them, he was arrested because someone (likely an officer or a real grinch) called and Santa was the easiest to describe (as the person filming says everyone was chalking, even kids). It looks like they started to film right at the start of the arrest as he still has his chalk.

So no, I am pretty sure he was just arrested for the chalk. I don't know why you would doubt it as the police state why, if it was something else they would have said.
edit on 26-12-2012 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

Actually you don't get a pretty clear picture. The video posted in the OP starts at the point of him being cuffed. There is no video of the exchange prior to the cuffing. We don't know what was done or said prior to cuffing.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Yes you do!
It's 7 minutes long and the female cop explains exactly what happened in the video!
Are you guys even watching the whole thing? You get a perfect picture in the words of the arresting officer herself.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by 12m8keall2c
reply to post by winofiend

however, apparently, being the only one in the big red suit, he was 'seen' as 'the ringeleader' of the chALkers, hence him, again and apparently, being the only individual arrested on the scene.

p.s.
I don't recall hearing or noticing what the other young man was taken into custody for. (?)

Yeah I noticed that I think it might have been to do with not moving on? It seemed too casual as if he had expected it.

I hadn't seen the second vide above, taken before the arrest.

sad really, that there is no discretion of the police to let it go..

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 09:28 PM
link   
I think the whole thing was a staged set up.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 04:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow

Yes you do!
It's 7 minutes long and the female cop explains exactly what happened in the video!
Are you guys even watching the whole thing? You get a perfect picture in the words of the arresting officer herself.

Yes well if the female Police Lucifer explains exactly what happened then it must be the truth. I mean such an upstanding member of the community obviously would never lie or could be corupted! LoL LoL LoL LoL

Police Scum are as bent as a 3 pound note! Corrupt from bottom to the top! Heres another chance for them to lie to you!
edit on 27-12-2012 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   
How does it feel to look into Americas future? When having fun is an offense to be arrested and detained.

I'm so glad I don't have kids to see the slide into fascism this country is taking.

Welcome to the WalMartopia... consume and STFU!
edit on 27-12-2012 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join