It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New low, Austin police arrest Santa.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by SubTruth

Originally posted by riverwild
reply to post by SubTruth

Thing is, I usually dont fall for that junk.

The way the msm reported it was
for Santa and kids.

I will watch the video as soon as my connect speed picks up. I'm sure I will see much more than what msm allowed on the tube.

I used to fall for it all the time. ATS is the perfect place for stuff like this because so many posters hate cops. Being rational and asking the hard questions fly out the door. They want to believe so bad that all cops are bad they will jump on the band wagon in a second.

I wonder what the OP thinks about all of this info that is coming to light? I see this thread has 9 flags already for what I believe a set up staged event.

It used to have 10 flags.

IMO, cops are the ones that get the bad rap the majority of the time. They have to go through more abuse than the normal citizen would and must do everything they can to keep calm about it.

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Thing is, I usually dont fall for that junk.

The way the msm reported it was
for Santa and kids.

I will watch the video as soon as my connect speed picks up. I'm sure I will see much more than what msm allowed on the tube.

I used to fall for it all the time. ATS is the perfect place for stuff like this because so many posters hate cops. Being rational and asking the hard questions fly out the door. They want to believe so bad that all cops are bad they will jump on the band wagon in a second.

I wonder what the OP thinks about all of this info that is coming to light? I see this thread has 9 flags already for what I believe a set up staged event.

It used to have 10 flags.

IMO, cops are the ones that get the bad rap the majority of the time. They have to go through more abuse than the normal citizen would and must do everything they can to keep calm about it.

Don't get me wrong cops commit crimes also. So do firefighters..bankers...priests....garbage men....etc.

But lets get the facts instead of throwing darts. If these cops are wrong so be it. But if they were set up they deserve to be vindicated.

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 06:47 PM
link   
I think everyone involved knew this event was gonna take place and it could have ended more peaceably.

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Its at an occupy event. What do you expect? Those who protest do not deserve a warning..

He was clearly evading arrest by not sitting when told to do so!

Sieg Heil!
edit on 25-12-2012 by Donkey_Dean because: To add Heil Art Acevedo!

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99
The thing is, the cops are obviously programmed or instructed to make arrests or citations, even if you have to manufacture them, whenever they see kids around. They are instructed to instruct the children to be fearful and obey.

So this had nothing to do with the sidewalk chalk and Santa, and everything to do with programming the children to be disempowered.
edit on 25-12-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

What the heck are you talking about there dude?

second line...

This is the kinda hate I am talking about. I wonder if this poster will take my challenge and post a little PROOF.

I would love to see the order saying to make kids fearful.
I bet if they do show what they consider proof it will be of a single event nothing wide spread.

You earlier said a family member was a officer you should ask them if they have been ordered to make kids fearful.

edit on 25-12-2012 by SubTruth because: (no reason given)

I understand what you are talking about now.

Doubtful they will take on your challenge since they have no proof as to the statement they made.

My uncle is a PO. Wasnt able to make it to Christmas dinner with the rest of us because he had to work. How about that? Christmas or not, he is out there doing his job.

One thing I want to say about kids being fearful of cops.

Kids should be fearful of cops "if they are doing something wrong".

Good kids should respect cops for keeping them safe from the kids that are doing wrong.

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by riverwild

How many times do you see posters writing crap and then post nothing to back it up. I believe this poster I called out is nothing more then a pathetic troll trying to get a reaction.

The sad part is some people will believe anything they hear or read and accept it as fact. It is the sad pathetic world we live in today and ATS is a little slice of it.

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Sure, there can be bad seeds in every occupation.

My point is that, cops have to control their actions more than any other. ie: if someone spit in my face, I'd deck them without question. Most cops maintain more control than what a common citizen would do in that situation.

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 08:03 PM
link   
You can get arrested for chalking?

# all you have to do to remove the chalk is add water why even bother arresting him. If you have such a problem with the person chalking have them clean it themselves as punishment. No need to arrest that's just unnecessary abuse of power.

I have to admit though, either the man in the suit is very emotional or he was a bit drunk. Just from how he sounded and how much of a scene he was making. Almost like he was a "drama queen".

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 08:09 PM
link   

reply to post by riverwild

How many times do you see posters writing crap and then post nothing to back it up. I believe this poster I called out is nothing more then a pathetic troll trying to get a reaction.

The sad part is some people will believe anything they hear or read and accept it as fact. It is the sad pathetic world we live in today and ATS is a little slice of it.

I dont generally get on threads like this but have seen many of trolls out and about on just about anything they can spew their junk on and then go away.

I try to stay away from the threads that are full of the L's. Few and far between anymore.

Kinda wonder where the OP is on all this?

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by boncho
Well, putting a Santa suit on doesn't give you automatic immunity. Why do I get the feeling this is ambush "journalism"??

Ambush journalism? Sure, maybe, if the intention was to make some random cop look bad by inciting a small argument about where it is or is not appropriate to write "peace" and "love" on the ground with chalk... But who the hell expects a man dressed as Santa to be arrested for doing that with children? If some ****head still decided to call it vandalism, the worst I would expect would be a minor citation, maybe even a small fine... Not being put in cuffs and hauled away to a police car by 3 officers.
That's totally ridiculous.

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by trollz

Originally posted by boncho
Well, putting a Santa suit on doesn't give you automatic immunity. Why do I get the feeling this is ambush "journalism"??

Ambush journalism? Sure, maybe, if the intention was to make some random cop look bad by inciting a small argument about where it is or is not appropriate to write "peace" and "love" on the ground with chalk... But who the hell expects a man dressed as Santa to be arrested for doing that with children? If some ****head still decided to call it vandalism, the worst I would expect would be a minor citation, maybe even a small fine... Not being put in cuffs and hauled away to a police car by 3 officers.
That's totally ridiculous.

Not sure but,

think there may be more to this story than we know about.

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 08:25 PM
link   
I just read the story and listened to the video they have on this at HuffPo and I have to say ...something stinks. I don't know what or who ....but something stinks, to be sure. What we do not know and don't have is what these two cops were told Santa had done or who had complained to see him do it. Did a citizen or a couple of them make complaint calls on him as the most visible one? Perhaps sensitivity to an Occupation Santa around little kids?

I don't suggest it has to be right or logical ...but I do say what the cops believed at the moment or what orders they were following and from whom matter a great deal. I think it's real clear both cops would rather be anywhere else...doing almost ANYTHING else. The sheer B.S. and grief from the crowd isn't worth the hassle with chalking.

I'm guessing either Santa was complaint called on by well meaning OR mean spirited people ...doesn't matter and the cops can't assume a report is bunk for politics any more than the reverse..so what were they thinking at the moment?

OR .....

Politics in Texas did what they seem to do too often lately. Win, lose or draw...Call the law and be sure someone goes to jail for something. The first possibility puts the blame off the cops. The second one sure doesn't...either way, I think it is important to know why "Santa" got run in on the TAIL END of the protest breaking up (as the Huff-Po interview with an Occupy guy explains). If Santa did more than just Chalk? That too is worth knowing in context at this point, IMO.
edit on 25-12-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99
The thing is, the cops are obviously programmed or instructed to make arrests or citations, even if you have to manufacture them, whenever they see kids around. They are instructed to instruct the children to be fearful and obey.

So this had nothing to do with the sidewalk chalk and Santa, and everything to do with programming the children to be disempowered.
edit on 25-12-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

I called you out earlier to back up what you are saying with a little PROOF. You gotta have something to make a claim like that or are you just a liar or a troll?

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 09:13 PM
link   
It seems like Occupy Austin was not involved until after news of this arrest.

www.statesman.com...

Members of Occupy Austin, which “believes that the use of washable sidewalk chalk is constitutionally protected free speech,” gathered at the Travis County Courthouse on Friday night to protest the arrests, according to a statement.

The arrest happened at 1:30 in the afternoon.

It seems likely that they heard about this after the fact, obtained video from one of the many people there filming the fun, and then posted it and reported it to the media.

It was someone from the Texas State Preservation Board who reported Santa to the police. He had asked them to stop drawing, and when they would not, the police were called. I'm not sure who would take it seriously when some random board member tries to issue an order.

Sidewalk chalk is harmless. It is used by children all over all of the time. It washes away with the first rain or a hose. I don't see why it was a problem that this man in a Santa suit was trying to spread a bit of Christmas cheer. He was handing out sidewalk chalk in an apparent effort to make some children happy. I'm sure he thought it was harmless.

The police likely had to respond to the complaint by the board member, but they could have handled it better.
edit on 12/25/12 by BlueAjah because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Thats not something to prove, its common sense, its analysing the situation and knowing or feeling in your gut what the issues are, with regards to the NWO and how a fascist state would work out. You haven't called me out at all, I don't answer to anyone and get to the heart of things really quickly. Thats one of my skills.

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 10:01 PM
link   
I can tell you right now this video is a fake. There is a police station with a parking garage full of squad cars two blocks away. There would be back up right away.

Santas face is obscured, the second dude arrested doesn't fight at all.
The officer takes a photo of the videographer with an iPhone.
This video makes no sense.

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 10:09 PM
link   
This explains why I didn't get that McLaren MP12-4C I asked for.

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 10:16 PM
link   
chalking. a crime not to be taken lightly! everyone knows drawing with chalk is a gateway crime. start with chalk, end up as a the leader of some terrorist cell bent on the destruction of the world! or is that the theme from the old pinky and the brain cartoons?

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Here's a thought, instead of arresting people, you make conversation with them. Like maybe give them a kind warning that if they do it again they'll have to pay a fine. but waisting taxpayer dollars on a guy in a santa suit who gave children and parents something to do that was positive. your all the downers of our society and i hope your stress levels rise as your job becomes more difficult because your the ones creating the problem reaction solution scenario we see.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 12:21 AM
link   

IMO, cops are the ones that get the bad rap the majority of the time.

That's because they usually act like Cotton-Headed Ninnymuggins.

Santa: "I put them on the naughty list, And they never forgave me."

Austin police must be on the "naughty list" as well.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join