It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christmas Cheer from Palestine, Birthplace of Jesus

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:
+19 more 
posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Fighting on Christmas day over what country or place can claim the hometown of Jesus title. Welcome to the internet.

+14 more 
posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by EvanB
Bethlehem means "House of BREAD".. Beth is Hebrew for "house" and lechem is Hebrew for bread..

Check your sources before you post..

Are you denying that Bethlehem is part of Palestine?

Perhaps it is you who should check their sources before they post.

And to be honest, the point of this thread was not to dispute whether or not Palestine exists as I have discussed this various times in multiple threads. That being said, I am not one to condone censorship so if you feel that you must turn what I consider a well spirited thread into a dispute over Israel/Palestine then go ahead, but in my opinion this takes the limelight away from positivity I highlighted in my OP.

+25 more 
posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   
No surprise that other faiths have respect for other faiths. It's just that the media and a helluva lot of people focus on the negative. An old Muslim woman, very nice lady, wished me a Merry Christmas yesterday. Not her holiday, mine neither actually, I'm agnostic but she knew the importance of the day and had good wishes.

+14 more 
posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by roadgravel
Fighting on Christmas day over what country or place can claim the hometown of Jesus title. Welcome to the internet.

Yes, I was afraid this would happen, but as you mention it is to be expected on the internet.

+14 more 
posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

I also live and work in a very multicultural community and everyone gets along for the most part except for the odd racist bigot. Most humans just want to live happily with each other regardless of race, religion, or any other factor.

+10 more 
posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Its not christmas day here anymore, Its boxing day...

+7 more 
posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by DarknStormy

It's officially boxing day here in 11 hours.

I believe I have heard you say you live in Australia, do they have Boxing day too?

+8 more 
posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

We sure do.. But because I don't get to see my daughters on Christmas day, its like Chrsitmas day to me when they come over boxing day.

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   
I think that area could be called many differnt names.....

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Quote for truth !!!!

Merry Christmas Everyone !

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Correct me if I am wrong, but wasnt it called Judea until the second century anno domini? It was named Palestine by the Roman Emperor Hadrian after the failed rebellion at Masada. So at the time of Jesus's birth, It was still called Judea. Prior to 1967, the Jews were the only ones in history refered to as Palestinians, thus I take some issure with you reffering to any land in that reigon as Palestine, as it is associated with a bunch of Arabs who took that name in an effort to lay a non-existant claim on jewish lands, and to the Jews it is but a reminder of one of their worst millitary defeats in known history.

+16 more 
posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   
So obvious thread title would start a fight, naughty OP

Beautiful photo and video.

Free Palestine.

Peace.

+10 more 
posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Ramcheck

Now that I look at the title I can see why it's causing such a stir, but I still believe it is the proper title, it is also the title of the source article where I obtained the information and picture for the OP.

A great picture it is, and free Palestine

Free everyone
!

+11 more 
posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by hequick

We can go back into the B.C's and try to work out what happened.. The same answer will be a battle for control of the land which ever side it may be. Today though, Bethlehem is in the West Bank which is Palestinian territory. From what I read in the OP, this is where the pictures and article are coming from and that is the topic of the thread also..

+17 more 
posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   
You know... it breaks my heart that people are being murdered every day by tyrants, especially when our side of the globe has a hand in allowing it to happen. It's infuriating. I never supported their genocide; I will never support their genocide. When Canada voted "No" some weeks ago, I never felt more disgusted of my country.

But these people... I can feel their seething desperation and suffering from here, tugging away at me... begging me to do something to help them, but what can I or any of us do? If I ever walked those same streets that they have, I know without a doubt that I would break down and weep as a father that just had to bury his own child. They are truly strong of spirit to endure all this pain and malice on a daily basis.

I'm sure most if not all of us wish we weren't so helpless to stop the suffering. All I can do here is spread awareness of not only them, but all the other lies and deceit that has befallen us, especially in the latter half of this century. We are all victims, but I, like most of us here, have a roof over my head, food in my belly, and fresh water to drink -- every day. There are no missiles flying into my neighbourhood; no jets screeching across the sky; no tanks plowing through the streets. I'm beyond thankful for what little I have, because even that is more than what people like them have to go through.

Merry Christmas, Palestine... you have my love.

edit on 25/12/12 by AdamsMurmur because: clarity

+6 more 
posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by AdamsMurmur

I didn't even eat Christmas day until I got home and all I had was 2 pieces of toast. Its a nice reminder of how someone else around the world is likely spending their christmas if not worse. We don't know how lucky we are sometimes.

+2 more 
posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by DarknStormy

I know how you feel man. There was a time in my life when I was younger where I had access to food only a few times a week for about 6 months, with no heating/hot water either -- and most of that time was in the winter. Ever try to take a freezing cold shower in the middle of winter? Like bathing in fire.

One of the side-effects was that I didn't have milk for most of that time, and I guess my body stopped producing lactase because I'm lactose intolerant now. And for what? Selfish parents.

ETA: It is good to remind ourselves of stuff like this so that we don't become heartless drones incapable of compassion and empathy -- all it takes is to "walk a mile in their shoes."

And just think about it: right now, there are kids pissed off at their parents because mom and dad couldn't afford the new iPhone this year... kids will be kids, but our priorities are so out of whack these days.
I guess it's a symptom of being disconnected from the rest of the world, which is ironic because we've never been so connected.
edit on 25/12/12 by AdamsMurmur because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   
op went fishing
and caught lots of fish

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by AdamsMurmur

Never had the cold shower unless its really hot but I can understand what your talking about.. I can't say I have done it as tough as you but I have had moments where finding a feed was like winning tattslotto..

+1 more 
posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Best Member on ATS. [color=grey]Corruption Exposed

Thank you for posting CE , you're the reason why I'm here my friend

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join