Christmas Cheer from Palestine, Birthplace of Jesus

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by theabsolutetruth

I don't see how you will achieve anything by repeating your (wrong) opinion

Try to understand what you're talking about and who those Heads of the Church were before you even try to call them anything.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Hellas

You mean like Constantine, a Roman Emperor? I have studied far more Christianity than you could ever imagine, I have read screeds of Vatican original documents, for many years I have meticulously studied this. I know my stuff! Furthermore those that deny facts and only see that which they want to, such as yourself are of no interest to me and I will refrain from wasting my time talking to you.

www.deism.com...

Emperor Constantine, who was Roman Emperor from 306 CE until his death in 337 CE, used what motivates many to action - MONEY! He offered the various Church leaders money to agree upon a single canon that would be used by all Christians as the word of God. The Church leaders gathered together at the Council of Nicaea and voted the "word of God" into existence. (I wish to thank Brian Show for pointing out in his rebuttal to this article that the final version of the Christian Bible was not voted on at the Council of Nicaea, per se. The Church leaders didn't finish editing the "holy" scriptures until the Council of Trent when the Catholic Church pronounced the Canon closed. However, it seems the real approving editor of the Bible was not God but Constantine! This fact is revealed in the second counter-rebuttal to Brian Show's first rebuttal to this article. This counter-rebuttal makes the following important statement and backs it up with FACTS - "Therefore, one can easily argue that the first Christian Bible was commissioned, paid for, inspected and approved by a pagan emperor for church use."
edit on 27-12-2012 by theabsolutetruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   

You mean like Constantine, a Roman Emperor?

Greek! He was Greek!

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hellas

Greek! He was Greek!

Constantine was a Roman Emperor ie. an Emperor of Rome, who was born in present day Serbia.

en.wikipedia.org...

Constantine the Great (Latin: Flavius Valerius Aurelius Constantinus Augustus;[3] 27 February c. 272[2] – 22 May 337), also known as Constantine I or Saint Constantine,[4] was Roman Emperor from 306 to 337. Well known for being the first Roman emperor to convert to Christianity

ancienthistory.about.com...

Constantine the Great - The Roman Emperor Constantine I
Flavius Valerius Constantinus, who became the Emperor Constantine the Great, was born on February 27, c. 280, in Naissus, in the province of Moesia Superior (Serbia) [see map of Macedonia, Moesia, Dacia, and Thracia]. Constantine's mother was named Helena, described as a barmaid, and his father was a military officer named Constantius. Constantius would become the Emperor Constantius I (Constantius Chlorus) and Constantine's mother would become famous as the canonized St. Helena. Helena is thought to have found a portion of the cross of Jesus.

Constantine had for siblings, three half-sister and three half-brothers, the products of his father's marriage to a second woman of less shady background than Helena's.

By the time Constantius became governor of Dalmatia, he required a pedigreed wife, Theodora (Flavia Maximiana Theodora). She was a daughter of Maximian [see Tetrarchy Emperors]. Constantius then shuffled his son Constantine and Helena off to the eastern emperor, Diocletian, in Nicomedia. [Paul Stephenson's Constantine; New York: The Overlook Press (2010).]

Constantine married twice. By the 1st, he had a son Crispus. By the 2nd, Constantine II, Constans, and Constantius II.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by theabsolutetruth

Originally posted by Hellas

Greek! He was Greek!

Constantine was a Roman Emperor ie. an Emperor of Rome, who was born in present day Serbia.

en.wikipedia.org...

Constantine the Great (Latin: Flavius Valerius Aurelius Constantinus Augustus;[3] 27 February c. 272[2] – 22 May 337), also known as Constantine I or Saint Constantine,[4] was Roman Emperor from 306 to 337. Well known for being the first Roman emperor to convert to Christianity

He was Greek. The whole Byzantium was Greek. The Hagia Sofia is greek. Rome was build by the Trojans

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Hellas

Who said anything about not being born in that which is now Greece, Constantine was a ROMAN EMPEROR.

Evidently you know little of the Roman Empire that spanned many countries, nor of the title of Roman Emperor, which is the name given to Emperors of Rome.

Obviously you are just attempting annoyance by suggesting I even mentioned any place of birth, which I didn't, the term Roman Emperor is a reference to an Emperor of Rome, do you not know this?

Are you seriously disputing Constantine the Great as a ROMAN EMPEROR?

www.independent.co.uk...

Reinventing an empire: Constantine - The greatest Roman Emperor

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by theabsolutetruth
reply to post by Hellas

Who said anything about not being born in that which is now Greece, Constantine was a ROMAN EMPEROR.

Evidently you know little of the Roman Empire that spanned many countries, nor of the title of Roman Emperor, which is the name given to Emperors of Rome.

Obviously you are just attempting annoyance by suggesting I even mentioned any place of birth, which I didn't, the term Roman Emperor is a reference to an Emperor of Rome, do you not know this?

evidence as your stupid quotes from various non sites? lol

you seem very wise and clearly you show much knowledge

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by TFCJay

People are not so quick to correct because what's the point anymore? Those who know it's Israel and those who call it palestine have one thing in common — they're not changing their minds.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by svmpua
reply to post by DarknStormy

Dude it is in my least of interest to know "who are the true teachers of Judaism".

I really couldn't care either.. But all I'm saying is that Israel have just a much right to that land than I do.

I do not buy into this 'Israel vs Palestine' crap.

You had me fooled

But since you ask ,I might add this link which is the best I could get :-
Bible and Palestine

No worries, after I watch Oklahoma beat Dallas, I'll take a look.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by svmpua

The name of Palestine and or Palestina is mentioned on only four occasions in the Bible. With the subject of Palestine in the news so much these days, it is therefore practical that we should research into history and see where the name Palestine came from?

The commonly used name of Palestine today refers to that region of the eastern Mediterranean coast from the sea to the Jordan valley and from the southern Negev desert to the Galilee Lake region in the north. The word itself is derived from "Plesheth", a name that appears frequently in the Bible and has come into the English language as the name of "Philistine".

Your link is pretty much just confirming what I have already said. Palestinians were in the Holyland before the Israelites and have just as much right to fight for that land regardless of where the invisible man told them it was theirs.
Thanks for the link, I will take a decent look when I can get some time.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 02:06 AM
link   
reply to post by DarknStormy

I already told you that it is not of my interest to find out who should have owned that part of land.

I was having some some problems with the amount of anti Israel threads which have been solved.

So please find someone else and express your happiness regarding what you have discovered.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 05:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by DOLCOTT
Palestine never existed prior.

same could be said about Christmas, Lol
BTW here's a belated MERRY CHRISTMAS to
the PALS. May Peace be with you.

Originally posted by libertytoall
You can't use the term Palestine for many it's highly offensive
to do so.

Christmas is highly offensive for orthodox-jews
as well, too bad for them.
This could be reason that Jesus (peace be upon him)
was born in the West Bank city of Bethlehem ?
terror lurking in a Christmas tree
Chrismas tree > banned in israel :

catholics celebrate Christmas and palestinian statehood
. . . yet ironically israeli towns have banned Christmas trees,
ironically Palestinians accept Jesus as a Jew,
ironically Orthodox jews deny him.
Ironic too in that Jesus is mentioned
more times in the koran than any other prophet, yet
he is not regarded in the torah.
Ironic that 99% 1/2 of christians don't know this.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 03:32 AM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

Way to go there, Nimrod.

Op points and says "lookit over there! Folks are getting along when they oughtta be killin each other off!"

That point sails right over folks' heads. Instead, they seem to think "well hell! If they won't do it, we'll do it for 'em! Anybody up for some verbal evisceration of the enemy? Lemme pick the enemy for ya..." and away they go.

... and there you go, marching in lockstep with em, trying to keep the hate alive.

The point of the OP was that old saw about "peace on Earth, goodwill towards men" actually showing up somewhere, NOT "Lemme tell ya about them goddamned land-thievin' Zionists!" with charts and maps and a single-dimensional history lesson.

I know, I know - peace is vastly over-rated. Who in the hell needs it anyhow? /sarcasm

Seriously. is it really that hard to find a thread around here where bashing the enemy of the day is actually the topic?

edit on 2012/12/29 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 06:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by nenothtu

Way to go there, Nimrod.

Op points and says "lookit over there! Folks are getting along when they oughtta be killin each other off!"

That point sails right over folks' heads. Instead, they seem to think "well hell! If they won't do it, we'll do it for 'em! Anybody up for some verbal evisceration of the enemy? Lemme pick the enemy for ya..." and away they go.

... and there you go, marching in lockstep with em, trying to keep the hate alive.

The point of the OP was that old saw about "peace on Earth, goodwill towards men" actually showing up somewhere, NOT "Lemme tell ya about them goddamned land-thievin' Zionists!" with charts and maps and a single-dimensional history lesson.

I know, I know - peace is vastly over-rated. Who in the hell needs it anyhow? /sarcasm

Seriously. is it really that hard to find a thread around here where bashing the enemy of the day is actually the topic?

edit on 2012/12/29 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

Next time quote the post you are whining about. I'm sorry that posting facts got your knickers in such a bunch.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 08:04 PM
link   

First, I don't need to quote a bunch of irrelevant gibberish. If you're curious as to what you wrote, just click the link to your own post. That's why it's there - to avoid taking up space with mega quotes which are unnecessary, and in this case irrelevant.

Second, quoting facts is one thing, quoting relevant facts quite another. I can "quote facts" ad nauseum, facts which, like yours, are irrelevant to the topic, but what, exactly, would be the point of that? Who really gives a rat's ass what some guy drew on a map?

I failed to find the Christmas tree shape in your maps, and Christmas cooperation between allegedly disparate sects WAS the topic of the OP.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by DarknStormy

Originally posted by Hongkongphooey
Your point?

You seem to think Palestinians don't realise they are worshipping a Jewish man. Maybe it doesn't matter what background he has. Maybe they just believe in him because of his teachings. The point is, not all Palestinians are Muslims.

Good point DarknStormy. I'll add that Muslims consider Jesus to be a Prophet. And they know he was a Jew.

Thanks for the thread OP, great picture. I'm sorry the thread was taken over with in fighting!

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join