It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

School Obama's Daughters Attend Has 11 Armed Guards

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 03:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by GeisterFahrer

Originally posted by bknapple32
reply to post by GeisterFahrer

But you are talking about apples and oranges when it comes to public and private schools. They are just too different from administration down on. I don't believe Obama has EVER said he is 100% against any kind of armed guard..

And regardless, they are different. You want your kid to have the same kind of education and safety his kids have, put them in the same school.
edit on 25-12-2012 by bknapple32 because: (no reason given)

It really isn't an apples and oranges argument. It is an argument about keeping children safe. It isn't an argument about the quality of education. Why would a President make sure his children are safe, but make it a felony for you to protect yours? It is a felony for a ccw permit holder to possess a firearm in a school safety zone. That is an infringement on the 2nd amendment.

This was never an argument about "quality of education". Your attempt to make it about education, or social healthcare are all off topic.
edit on 25-12-2012 by GeisterFahrer because: (no reason given)

No one is making it about anything else. They are examples and analogies.

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 03:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by DarKPenguiN

But you are talking about apples and oranges when it comes to public and private schools. They are just too different from administration down on. I don't believe Obama has EVER said he is 100% against any kind of armed guard..

And regardless, they are different. You want your kid to have the same kind of education and safety his kids have, put them in the same school.

It really isn't an apples and oranges argument. It is an argument about keeping children safe. It isn't an argument about the quality of education. Why would a President make sure his children are safe, but make it a felony for you to protect yours? It is a felony for a ccw permit holder to possess a firearm in a school safety zone. That is an infringement on the 2nd amendment.

WOW...

Look, first the CCW in schools is STATE (not Federal law) and I know this because my state is changing over to allow CCW in school- So write your Governer as Obama has nothing at all to do with your school and its guns (or lack of guns)

-Next- GUN FREE SCHOOL ZONES do not mean there cannot be guards or Police- I can assure you Obamas daughters schools is probably a "Gun Free " zone as well- This does not include Police (the Post Office does though, oddly enough)

Obama is not there walking the halls and packing Iron- There are Police of Guards and ANY SCHOOL could have this (gun free or not)

That is actually incorrect - it is a Federal law. States have their own restrictions, but the Gun Free School Zones Act of 1990 is a Federal Law.

There is also a zero tolerance at our schools now. Children are being expelled (not suspended) for having a pocket knife.

The President is a representative, not a dictator. If he really cares about the safety of our children, he needs to focus on the cause of these mass shootings, and stop blaming it on guns. We do not blame the car in a DUI.

Banning Assault weapons did not work from 1994-2004 and doing it all over again will not work either. Columbine happened in a gun free school safety zone, and during the assault weapons ban. It did not prevent the massacre. All a weapons ban will do, is strip these weapons off of law abiding americans. riminals will not turn theirs in.

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 03:51 AM
link   

WOW...

Look, first the CCW in schools is STATE (not Federal law) and I know this because my state is changing over to allow CCW in school- So write your Governer as Obama has nothing at all to do with your school and its guns (or lack of guns)

-Next- GUN FREE SCHOOL ZONES do not mean there cannot be guards or Police- I can assure you Obamas daughters schools is probably a "Gun Free " zone as well- This does not include Police (the Post Office does though, oddly enough)

Obama is not there walking the halls and packing Iron- There are Police of Guards and ANY SCHOOL could have this (gun free or not)

That is actually incorrect - it is a Federal law. States have their own restrictions, but the Gun Free School Zones Act of 1990 is a Federal Law.

detroit.cbslocal.com...
Well, we will not be adhering to that law much longer- The Bill didnt pass (infowars had a fielsd day about how it was TPTB) but the reason it did not pass is because it did not allow us to carry in enough places and the Bill is being rewritten to include the Post office.
from the link "A State Senate committee on Thursday approved changes to Michigan’s concealed weapons law that include allowing people to carry concealed guns in churches, schools and sports arenas.

The legislation now goes to a vote in the full Senate."
edit on 25-12-2012 by DarKPenguiN because: (no reason given)

EDIT: There are several "federal laws" we do not follow- So if it IS a "federal law" your State does not have to adhere anyhow. My point stands- Write your Governor.

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 03:56 AM
link   

WOW...

detroit.cbslocal.com...
Well, we will not be adhering to that law much longer- The Bill didnt pass (infowars had a fielsd day about how it was TPTB) but the reason it did not pass is because it did not allow us to carry in enough places and the Bill is being rewritten to include the Post office.
from the link "A State Senate committee on Thursday approved changes to Michigan’s concealed weapons law that include allowing people to carry concealed guns in churches, schools and sports arenas.

The legislation now goes to a vote in the full Senate."

EDIT: There are several "federal laws" we do not follow- So if it IS a "federal law" your State does not have to adhere anyhow. My point stands- Write your Governor.

I am in touch with my State lawmakers about this too. We have a pretty good lobby of attorneys, administrators and school teachers who carry.

We are hoping to get something done so these kids are not left like sitting ducks in the event the unthinkable happens.

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 03:59 AM
link   
Right on- Thats what we did (and it was before the shooting)- We demanded action and we have- We now have better CCW laws in my State than at ANY TIME in my life. I can carry everywhere and I can open carry in a school- Used to be you had to have a really good "reason" top get a CCW (like carrying large amounts of money) and they were impossible to get.

NOW- If you are not a Felon they give it you. If you take an extra class you will be able to carry CONCEALED in School once this passes (and it will)

EDIT: To not have a huge quote

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 04:04 AM
link   
Same rhetoric as that idiot Bloomberg (Obama), denouncing firearms as they sit handsomely protected behind a behemouth number of armed security personnel. All hypocrits. They are above their own political opinions.

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 04:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cosmic911
Same rhetoric as that idiot Bloomberg (Obama), denouncing firearms as they sit handsomely protected behind a behemouth number of armed security personnel. All hypocrits. They are above their own political opinions.

I am not sure about you but My 2nd amendment rights are better right now then at any time before in my life.

They have been "after your guns" since the 1970s with mae brussels (think that was her name) the
"original" conspiracy theorist. If you believe Alex jones they have been after your guns since about 1997 that I am aware- yet here we are in 2012 and in my State (at least) we have the most liberal firearm and CCW laws I have ever seen- Guess all the "planning" has backfired?

Nobody is coming for anyone's guns. I have been hearing this forever yet the original Assault Weapons banned was allowed to expire (not really "following the agenda of takin' our guns) and as I said, my State has the right idea- Contact your Governor.

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 04:20 AM
link   

Right on- Thats what we did (and it was before the shooting)- We demanded action and we have- We now have better CCW laws in my State than at ANY TIME in my life. I can carry everywhere and I can open carry in a school- Used to be you had to have a really good "reason" top get a CCW (like carrying large amounts of money) and they were impossible to get.

NOW- If you are not a Felon they give it you. If you take an extra class you will be able to carry CONCEALED in School once this passes (and it will)

I have my permit. I got it several years ago. I used to be "anti-gun" until something personal happened to me that forever changed my mind.

I also realize that a lot of the anti-gun arguments are well intentioned (bless their little hearts) but set in an ideology that does not work.

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 04:28 AM
link   

I have my permit. I got it several years ago. I used to be "anti-gun" until something personal happened to me that forever changed my mind.

I also realize that a lot of the anti-gun arguments are well intentioned (bless their little hearts) but set in an ideology that does not work.

My Mom was ... Well, I wouldnt say "Anti-gun" but anti "carrying a gun". I understood her position and she understood mine (and my fathers) but she never would touch a weapon and wanted nothing to do with them.

Last year she ended up in a situation where she thought she was possibly being set up for a robbery (I have no clue whether her thoughts were valid or not- but she really believed it and she isnt paranoid) but anyhow nothing happened- Except she realized something...had some serious stuff went down, she was helpless. Totrally helpless. And it scared her.

She went and got her CCW that week.

I hope to God I never have to use a weapon- Hell, I have not even been in a "fight" since High School and I am pushing 40- But IF I ever find myself in need and in a life or death situation, I would know I have a chance- I also know that if I ever had to use it it would bug the hell of of me for life- But at least I would still have my life.

-Good for you on the CCW. I personally feel if more people carried (legally) there would be less crime after the "Darwin Awards" get handed out to the bad guys...

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 04:34 AM
link   
reply to post by DarKPenguiN

Unfortunately, I live in New York, home of some strict gun laws, and highest crime statistics. Fortunately I have my CCW.

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 04:43 AM
link   

reply to post by DarKPenguiN

Unfortunately, I live in New York, home of some strict gun laws, and highest crime statistics. Fortunately I have my CCW.

Yeah- There are some very totalitarian places concerning gun laws- having a CCW in New York is no easy task I am sure. Michigan used to be (probably) worse than NY though so there is hope...maybe...

I see a shift happening. Some communities and States will go the route of Michigan and Kentucky while others will go the NY route. In KY you dont even have to register handguns and can buy then from "Flea markets" (read "open air gun stores") without even ID. That said, KY is also a pretty crazy place (at least where I was living) and there was lots of Violence. Michigan on the other hand has done very well with its CCW law although it has not really cut into "crime" yet (statistically)

I guess it just that wherever you live- be vocal. call your Reps. Bitch.... And keep doing it.

As I said I see a total split- Some States are going to "clamp down" while others "loosen up" and we will see what works better over time. Personally, I will stay in one of the Lax States (but not KY , lol)

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 04:55 AM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

Not going to de-rail the thread but nearly everything you've said is incorrect.

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 06:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
I find it hypocritical of the liberal-leftist elites when they sneer at the NRA for suggesting armed guards at schools, yet that is where they send their own children.

And I'm not talking soley about politicians children but many others as well.

You put my thoughts in to words perfectly there Beez.
Much appreciated.
Merry Christmas ATS.

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 07:38 AM
link   

I am not sure about you but My 2nd amendment rights are better right now then at any time before in my life.

They have been "after your guns" since the 1970s with mae brussels (think that was her name) the
"original" conspiracy theorist. If you believe Alex jones they have been after your guns since about 1997 that I am aware- yet here we are in 2012 and in my State (at least) we have the most liberal firearm and CCW laws I have ever seen- Guess all the "planning" has backfired?

Nobody is coming for anyone's guns. I have been hearing this forever yet the original Assault Weapons banned was allowed to expire (not really "following the agenda of takin' our guns) and as I said, my State has the right idea- Contact your Governor.

I agree that we have heard, "They are coming for your guns" for a couple of decades, and yet that is NOT happening. In fact, thanks to President Obama, gun rights were strengthened in some instances.

The same people, the GOP, who are claiming "they are coming for your guns" have been gutting funding for mental health care.

And consider, perhaps this is President Obama's secret economic stimulus plan? He talks about gun control and what happens? Gun sale sky rocket. Around where I live, an AR-15 style rifle that sold for $700 a few months ago is now selling for $1500 or more. Someone is making a ton of profit.

So because of Obama, more guns get into the public's hands, and more high capacity magazines are held by the public, and more ammunition is sold. So the manufacturers of firearms, accessories, and ammunition all have a field day economically.

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Asktheanimals

I find it hypocritical of the liberal-leftist elites when they sneer at the NRA for suggesting armed guards at schools, yet that is where they send their own children.

And I'm not talking soley about politicians children but many others as well.

You put my thoughts in to words perfectly there Beez.
Much appreciated.
Merry Christmas ATS.

Because we see a difference between any old civilian walking around the school with a gun and a private guard working for the school.

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 08:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

Don't be stupid, they do not have armed guards there to get random people from showing up at the school to go on a shooting rampage. The have armed guards there because the children inside are actual political targets.Armed security has no place in school building period, it is time to address the societal issues driving these events.

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 08:08 AM
link   
reply to post by bknapple32

A vet who takes the job would be preferable to a rent-a-cop who saw too many Chuck Norris movies.

But now we're just quibbling between qualifications FOR a guard.

Not the actual need for one.

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 08:12 AM
link   
reply to post by svmpua

What on earth makes you think that our children are less important than his?

And they do believe they and their children are more important than the rest of the population, no doubt about that.

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by KeliOnyx
reply to post by Asktheanimals

Don't be stupid, they do not have armed guards there to get random people from showing up at the school to go on a shooting rampage. The have armed guards there because the children inside are actual political targets.Armed security has no place in school building period, it is time to address the societal issues driving these events.

Society has shown us that students and sick individuals will stop at nothing to harm others just for the shock value. That is our society today.

Want to discuss morals and values?

Great!

In the meantime, let's protect the innocent from the current crop of sickos. Banning handguns (as some would like) would be akin to treating a broken arm by putting a cast on someone's face.

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 08:38 AM
link   

reply to post by bknapple32

A vet who takes the job would be preferable to a rent-a-cop who saw too many Chuck Norris movies.

But now we're just quibbling between qualifications FOR a guard.

Not the actual need for one.

Banning guns not going to hell. Adding guards not going to help (Columbine and V tech has armed cops on campus). Both ideas are bad. And yet simple so sheep ralley to them as they are told.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join