It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who am I? **A Story of the Struggle for Spiritual Liberation**

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by imworkingdamnit

Personally OBEs are not something I have tried to induce. They have just happened, often after or before a lucid dream/vision.

Sometimes they have been good, (heavenly, super-concious, the feeling of being more awake than waking life, flying through galaxies) other times bad (sleep paralysis, spirit attacks, bed slamming up and down)

. One time I felt as if I was on my landing being dragged along my back when I began to wake I could hear/feel these beings becoming aware that I was waking up, like they were up to something and didnt want me to know. I guess you could call that an abduction experience of sorts.

The most recent one I remember was that I was floating around my home after going to sleep, very vivid and real, not like a vague dream at all, i went up to the bathroom window but did not want to go outside as I felt I might float away. I then went into a lucid realm and met a powerful woman, a stern motherly figure who was a like Goddess of sorts. I saw that she knew me and I asked "Why dont I remember you?" "Next time you will" she replied." I came back around and had to ask my housemate If I was really awake. Ive been tricked into thinking I was physically awake before when not ... I could go on, maybe I should share these visions and experiences with you all. I dont talk too much of them as people just think you are crazy.

My tip is be open to the possibility, focus on a higher force, a holy spirit to protect you, an invincible mind set. If becoming lucid, try to look at your hands in the dream world, did this once when flying through an infinite realm. I temper these experiences with reason. I know there is a difference between visions/lucid dreams/OBES and vague subconcious movie dreams ... I have seen realms that can only be described as mythical. You cannot begin to understand until you have experienced it yourself. When It is more "real" than waking life you have to question the nature of reality.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Itisnowagain
reply to post by Brown Bear

Originally posted by Brown Bear
Does anybody ever wonder why women aren't found in any Ashram or Monastery involved in doing serious Spiritual work?

There are many women sharing the truth.
edit on 26-12-2012 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

The question was "Does anybody ever wonder why women aren't found in any Ashram or Monastery doing serious Spiritual work? Gee, there must be something going on there?

I guess it's fortunate that New Age (in America) is nearly totally dominated by women, isn't it?

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Exsisto

You might want to begin to work out of the trap that ignorance has placed you into. Or at least think about it. People reveal themselves through their words.

Try to keep up with the adults or return to the children's table.

You sure sound enlightened...

That's far from my intention and serves no purpose. What do you know about Enlightenment, if anything?

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by dominicus
reply to post by old_god

Hey, big thumbs up on the reply

I agree with everything you said, but wanted to add that we have various systems, philosophies, paths to realize what you've said

That was my point to the OP, but he went off on assumptions. My point being that there are rapid ways to Enlightenment, and the whole TA system is still built on levels, separatist thinking, ego traps along the way,etc.

Anyway. Great reply

Thank you, glad my rambling was of use to you!

I agree with your view, there are many paths and that's my point, we are not (and should not) be restricted to a singular narrow view however equally we must also realise we cannot realise our ultimate goal (which is to return to the source and reconnect with creation becoming one again...) without doing it together, sympathetically, without barriers to help each other rise up from the dredges of this material world and become spiritual beings.

Beings who have a purity which is attained in the physical world so that it has an effect on our non-physical self (illuminating us). Things like honesty, generosity, piety, are facets of this, helping others, having good intentions, a clean heart, being kind and caring but also firm and sound in your actions.

Love is the frequency that connects all of us but each of those aspects has it's own signature together they allow us to synchronise with the rest of creation and merge back into the source (whatever that is).

It's like a man who walks in a shallow river against the current, eventually the current wears him down but he carries on, gaining little benefit from his endeavour. Eventually he has to realise that he needs to let go and let the current take him, wherever it ends up.

And that is like the universe, the planets, galaxies, space dust...all move in the same direction, driven by some invisible current, purposeful however it is man that moves in the opposite direction, against the natural order of things.

We live in a world where we have been told to move against everything, to resist the natural order of creation. We have been moving against everything for so long we have forgotten our purpose and how to move in the right direction (and thus benefiting from everything else that moves in the same direction).

Everything is living, especially our Earth so we need to stop being parasitic and start being thankful by living in harmony and complimentary to our surroundings.

One person can't change the world but one person can change him or herself so fix your life, put it into balance and it will be like a ripple effect, spreading out and effecting others positively.

I think this what the new age is all about, where the previous age was about the material physical self, this one will be about the higher true spiritual self. People will (and are) beginning to change, asking questions and opening up opportunities for their spiritual identity to take hold (not everyone will achieve it but I believe you will start to see more and more people talking about how they are perceiving the world differently, more honestly...I hope).

Sorry for the rant

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Sublevel6

I would love to hear some of your experiences, people on this site tend to keep the detail to themselves out of personal safety, I think. From personal experience it can become quite violent sometimes.

3 shared visions, one my own;

the blues (they weren't friendly) of the storms and lightening have started to collect, in little flying cars all lined up, not one who was seated and on their way was happy. They cried and screamed for help. (what will this do to the rain that falls? and where will that lightening strike?)

300 dark men and one woman chased a loved one to a place of safety, they can not enter, but they scream and curse and terrify, for they are terrified themselves and angry (at being distrubed perhaps).

A brother displays (in his lonliness) his love machine which is designed to collect breath, and shame the experiment further. It is a city scape under inpenaterable clouds, there is no sun or moon or stars for him to see. It is pretty from a distance, a building with a neon rainbow top. He needs water, and there is no green there.

On a totally different level I believe there was something discovered on this planet, from ages past, those that study it don't know how to work it and can't. Perhaps he can.

A question....when you obe can you swim in the water?
Another question....when you stare at a cloud and it dissappears, where does it go?

another question.....if I just carry on with life and not continue to find out what is wrong, who am I letting down?

You know I ask these questions knowing there probably wont be an answer .....but thanks for listening

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Itisnowagain
reply to post by Brown Bear

Does anybody ever wonder why women aren't found in any Ashram or Monastery involved in doing serious Spiritual work?

There are many women sharing the truth.
edit on 26-12-2012 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

The question was "Does anybody ever wonder why women aren't found in any Ashram or Monastery doing serious Spiritual work? Gee, there must be something going on there?

I guess it's fortunate that New Age (in America) is nearly totally dominated by women, isn't it?

This is Dolano:
youtu.be...

Dolano, a modern day twenty first century Zen Master who transmits the liberation of the mind like no one else.
She follows the Advaita-lineage of Sri Ramana Maharshi, Sri Poonjaji and Gangaji. Advaita is the teaching of non-duality and non-teaching.

Dolano lives in Koregaon Park, Poona India, just beyond ABC-Farms, where she regularly gives both Open and Intensive Satsangs.

edit on 27-12-2012 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by old_god

Exactly my thoughts OldGod! I totally agree....

and how beautiful do I think the writing in your post conveys your soul.

Full of light, it is!

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 09:16 AM
link   
We should be able to test Apocryphon's veracity by his revelation of 3 days of darkness. When will it occur? (not on 12-21-12!) Note that it was a statement of supposed fact and not merely a prediction. So we should hold him to this, and that event alone will support or destroy his authority.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by srb2001

It's not enough for you that he gives sound advice. What will you do if his predictions turn out to be wrong? Will you turn your back and become a predator, taking from others to serve yourself?

Apocryphon is wise in his advice and suggestions. Now is the time for compassion and empathy, instead of worshipping materialism.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

You might want to see this:

Originally posted by Apocryphon
Fellow members of ATS, I must now come clean and confess that everything I've posted in my previous threads is complete BS that I made up for entertainment, and as an experiment to see how much of a following I could get. My method was to present myself as an inspiring leader with strong oratory skills, spiritual promises, and first-hand knowledge of certain conspiracies.

In reality I am just a kid who is on winter break from school, was bored and thought it would be fun to see how much of a cult-like following I could get if I presented myself a certain way.

I'm not on the run from the government, I've never been a research subject at SRI, I've never met Ingo Swann or Hal Pufhoff, and I've never been able to induce an OBE (although I do believe in them). The historical information I presented about Scientology and the CIA is all true, however I don't possess any first-hand experience with these events, I only presented what can already be researched on the internet. The information I presented about interlaced planes of existence via different frequency vibrations is just a theory I dreamed up, thinking it *could* be how the universe works, but I don't have any special way of knowing that such an idea is truth.

It was a fun experiment while it lasted and to some extent it worked, but I no longer have the time to keep it up, so I decided it would be best to present the actual truth.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty boy! This is why questioning what people say is important, instead of becoming a part of their cult by blindly following, listening, accepting, etc.
edit on 27-12-2012 by forgetmenot because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-12-2012 by forgetmenot because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by forgetmenot

Isee you beat me to it- kudos for you!

I do understand folks wanting to believe this sort of thing, and I don't begrudge them that. It has just amazed me that in just a few threads by someone brand new that such ugly behavior could occur. It is truly unfortunate that on a website where "deny ignorance" is the menu of the day that questioning and skepticism could be attacked with such animosity. Hopefully peace will now be restored and we can get back to normal- fighting over other things!

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by littled16

No kidding. Enlightened people can be pretty darn negative sometimes
If people want to believe in nonsense like this, then fine by me. Just don't come screaming at me if I don't, ya know? Hopefully everyone learned something.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Wow.

At least he came clean. Kudos to him for that. And also I think it was a decent social experiment on his part, if not entirely hilarious and fun to watch. But one can only play people like a marionette for so long.

To my ATS brothers and sisters:

What a shame eh? But in the end, also a learning experience.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   
It's always prudent to combat the "woo-woo factor" with Occam's Razor. There's a lot of "light workers" detritus to clean up after the 12-21-12 meme's debacle.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
reply to post by srb2001

It's not enough for you that he gives sound advice. What will you do if his predictions turn out to be wrong? Will you turn your back and become a predator, taking from others to serve yourself?

Apocryphon is wise in his advice and suggestions. Now is the time for compassion and empathy, instead of worshipping materialism.

he just admitted he was a college kid who made all this up for sh!ts and gr!ins... he got the ban hammer.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by gnosticagnostic

Oh, but you know that the people who want desperately to believe will say he had to say he was fake in order to protect himself from TPTB!!!

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by kaylaluv

well you know when everyone is out to get you.. and your on the run from the government because they want to transplant bird wings on your back to see if you will fly... you must do what you have to do

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   

He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty boy! This is why questioning what people say is important, instead of becoming a part of their cult by blindly following, listening, accepting, etc.

Hmm. Thank you for bringing this to my attention. However, Apocryphon's advice is still sound. Even if it was just a social experiment. Empathy and compassion are dying, we need to bring them back. He was right when he said this is a new age, we can MAKE it a new age. We have to be the change. Empathy and compassion are what we must aim for. These are the only qualities that can save our future.
edit on 27-12-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   
To Apocryphon

Dear Young Friend,

I know you are probably hanging around in one of the socks that you used to observe your threads.

Listen kiddo (if you are a kiddo),

Don't leave. That would be silly. This has been one of the best introductions to ATS ever.

Your ability with these threads already shows the potential you have as an ATS member.

If I were you, I would simply return, make it known who you are in your intro, swear to use your powers for only good, and join us in denying ignorance.

You are perfect for ATS and I personally do not want to lose the firepower you bring to the boards.

There is much, much ignorance to deny.

Join the fight.

Fun is guaranteed.

I have a project in mind if you decide to stay.

Just post on one of my threads when you get back.
edit on 27-12-2012 by Xoanon because:

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   
So NOW where are his bulldogs, telling everyone else to shut up so he can preach? It SHOULD be a lesson to all concerned, but like every prophet leading people to the mountaintop, there are those who will still believe even after he has confessed. So much for denying ignorance.

Now, Bulldogs, go back through this thread and observe how the skeptics are treated here. Read the names they have been called, the insults hurled at them, the invective thrown at them and realize that it is YOU who have done that for the sake of a completely false prophet, a college kid barely our of his Mom's basement has been able to totally co-opt, you, the wise enlightened ones who "resonated" with the OP's statements. Good writing (we all admit many times) plus a re-hash of New Age stuff we'vve heard for nearly 50 years, and you're on board ready to fight.

You've been fooled by rhetoric over substance because you've never heard of the substance before, so you don't recognize that it is OLD. So it should resonate, because the basics are likely true, more or less, IMHO, but where it goes awry is the addition of the CIA fighting the Scientologists and the cIA not wanting you to experiment with OBEs because if you do, they'll come get you! So you have confirmation in your old bad Guys(tm) whom you KNOW for certain are evil, and anotehr conspiracy is born.

Typical disinfo, right? Put in an element of truth. Mix it with lies, and you'll believe every time. And yet we have some of the same people who claim to be able to detect this falling for it hook, line, and sinker. Congrats.
edit on 12/27/2012 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join