It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oath Keepers Stewart Rhodes Pledges to Resist Any Assault Weapons Ban - Hundreds Agree...

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 12:35 AM
link   
Stewart Rhodes the founder of Oath Keepers draws a line in the sand if an assault weapons ban is enacted and promises to resist despite whether congress passes a law. Hundreds take the pledge with him. There are 20+ pages of comments from other Oath Keepers willing to stand with him and that is just people who took the time to write a comment. How many others will stand with him that did not write?

It looks like things may be heating up if the politicians continue to take this tact. I think the people are waking up the over all sentiment in the country is not for a new ban despite the MK Ultra style sacrifices of American children and adults....

The Queen of Battle, and her modern descendants, are the birth-right of every American.
“Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force: Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined.” – Patrick Henry

My conscience, and the urgency of our current situation, compel me to speak out. The victim disarmament freaks are now telling us that they don’t want to disarm us- oh, no! They just want to take away our “assault weapons” – our semi-automatic, magazine fed, military-style rifles – and the “high capacity” magazines that feed them. They want us to believe that so long as we can own some kind of firearm, after our semi-auto military rifles are taken, we are not disarmed. That is a LIE.

The truth is that our semi-automatic, military pattern rifles are the single most important kind of arm we can own, and are utterly necessary for effective defense of our lives, property, and liberty. When you are disarmed of your military rifles, you are DISARMED. At that time, the lion’s share of your military capacity to effectively resist tyranny is removed (yes, accurate bolt action hunting rifles are useful in that role too, but the semi-auto battle rifle is truly the Queen of battle, as Col. Jeff Cooper correctly noted). It is a significant force on the battlefield, and as Patrick Henry said, when you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined...
Read The Pledge Here

edit on 22-12-2012 by hawkiye because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 12:41 AM
link   
So they take an oath to defend the Constitution, but cry when there is public support for Constitutionally repealing an amendment?

They don't really understand what the Constitution is, do they?

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 12:43 AM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

Good.

Someone needs to take a stand against the erosion of our freedoms.

+1 more 
posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 12:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by DaTroof
So they take an oath to defend the Constitution, but cry when there is public support for Constitutionally repealing an amendment?

You're probably an SP account but I'll bite for the benefit of others who might read this. There is no support for "repealing an amendment" and little support for congress unlawfully passing a ban. That requires a constitutional convention to be lawful and is highly unlikely. They are just making a statement of facts. Trying to just "pass a law" that subverts an amendment without a constitutional convention is unlawful and treasonous as they have no such authority to do so.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 12:58 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 01:16 AM
link   
I few ignorant articles on repealing the 2nd amendment do no constitute support. Do you always let the media lead you by the nose? As I said repealing an amendment REQUIRES A CONSTITUTIONAL CONVENTION. Not gonna happen! There is no public support despite a few fools and celebrities spouting ignorance...

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 01:21 AM
link   
Any infringement on our Constitution or Bill of Rights, is a direct assault against the freedom of the people of The United States of America.
Once one is taken away, what will stop the eradication of the Freedom of Speech, or The Pursuit of Happiness, or...?
edit on 22-12-2012 by Violater1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 01:22 AM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

778,000 results is a few articles?

If you'd read those articles, you'd see legal avenues being pursued to reach the goal of repealing the 2nd amendment.

The pro-gun crowd says stuff like "come get my gun, I dare you."

Now, which is being AMERICAN, and which is being a stubborn child?

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 01:23 AM
link   

If you think the majority of Americans want a ban on weapons, even "assault weapons" which is in itself a deception as they are illegal in almost all states then you just don't understand that most people are much more afraid of our current government be it left or right than terrorists or lone gunmen. And I will add, rightly so.

Put it to a vote, state by state, one person per vote and you shall see what the will of the American people is. Then again, that is rarely the case, is it? The "will" and "want" of the American people is conveyed to you through MSM, doctored statistics and emotional and physiological manipulation.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 01:24 AM
link   

It is irrelevant if there is "public support to repeal the 2nd amendment." This fallacy that "we are a democracy" is ridiculous. Some things cannot be voted on in our republic, our natural born rights happen to be one of those things.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 01:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by LewsTherinThelamon

It is irrelevant if there is "public support to repeal the 2nd amendment." This fallacy that "we are a democracy" is ridiculous. Some things cannot be voted on in our republic, our natural born rights happen to be one of those things.

I never said we live in a democracy.

Natural born rights, except for y'know... letting blacks be considered citizens or allowing women to vote. Oh, those natural born rights weren't in the OG Constitution? The Constitution is a living document, and susceptible to alteration. It's time to get rid of guns.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 01:28 AM
link   
reply to post by DaTroof

If all you need is public support to take away a person's natural, born rights, then why stop with guns?

Let's raise support to take away your home, and your car, and your right to free speech.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 01:29 AM
link   

reply to post by hawkiye

If you'd read those articles, you'd see legal avenues being pursued to reach the goal of repealing the 2nd amendment.

So you think a google search is a poll? LOL!
You don't know the content of all those results so you have no idea how many of them call for repeal or are against or are just repeats of the same article or not even related as goodgle tends to do after the first couple pages.etc.

There is only one legal avenue for repealing an amendment as I have stated twice now. Also as I said it ain't going to happen and all the polls show the American people are against it. But I'll chime ins and say the same; Come get them" Just try it! Now go tell your boss it ain't working they are not getting the guns except a few inches at a time...

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 01:30 AM
link   

reply to post by hawkiye

Ah yes, being American is all about saying..... Hey! Patriot Act? No problem, I would gladly give up personal rights and freedoms so I can feel a little safer from terrorism, even though I have a much higher chance of being hit by lightning then being involved in a terrorism event. After all, thats the American way, do what your told and why not, you have a mediocre job and can afford to go to buffalo wild wings a couple times a week and play fantasy football and nobody is hacking your family to death in the jungle with a machete. It's all good bro, they are there to protect us and keep us safe you bunch of crack pots. You should have nothing to hide!

Being American is clearly doing what your told when your told despite our constitution because those silly old bastards could of never fathomed these modern times and surely our government has always had and will always have our best interest and safety in mind when they legislate new laws and regulations. Of course, even though we owe more than 14 trillion dollars in national debt and most of our country belongs in fact to foreign countries there is no way that lobbyists and foreign investors could ever have a say in our legislation.

Those silly stubborn children! Somebody should give them a slap on the behind and send them back to bed. America obviously needs more people just like YOU!
edit on 22-12-2012 by Helious because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 01:30 AM
link   

reply to post by hawkiye

According to the US government,

www-nrd.nhtsa.dot.gov...

32,885 people died in motor vehicle traffic crashes in the United States in 2010.

2.24 million people were injured in motor vehicle traffic crashes…

Perhaps we should ban automotive vehicles first, since many more people die behind the wheel, than in front of a gun.

edit on 22-12-2012 by Violater1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 01:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by LewsTherinThelamon
reply to post by DaTroof

If all you need is public support to take away a person's natural, born rights, then why stop with guns?

Let's raise support to take away your home, and your car, and your right to free speech.

What you said makes no sense. Stop being asinine and answer the question.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 01:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Violater1

You need a license to drive, which can be revoked if you break enough traffic laws.

The fact that there are so many accidents proves that people can make mistakes, even when vetted and licensed to operate a vehicle. Guns are no different. The safest, most responsible gun owner can make one mistake just like the safest driver.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 01:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Helious

You missed the point entirely, which isn't surprising.

Utilizing existing structure of government for non-violent action is American. Holing up in your bunker while clutching your weapons is insane.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 01:41 AM
link   
reply to post by DaTroof

I never said we live in a democracy.

You don't have to explicitly state it, it was clear from your opinion that you would believe such nonsense.

Natural born rights, except for y'know... letting blacks be considered citizens or allowing women to vote.

You mean, people had prejudices? That must mean we don't have natural born rights. I must have been mistaken. Good logic.

Oh, those natural born rights weren't in the OG Constitution?

The only people who were supposed to have the rights of suffrage were landowners, regardless of gender...and for good reason.

The Federalist Papers.

The Constitution is a living document, and susceptible to alteration. It's time to get rid of guns

The Bill of Rights cannot be changed. The Federalist Papers.

edit on 22-12-2012 by LewsTherinThelamon because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 01:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by hawkiye

reply to post by hawkiye

So you think a google search is a poll? LOL!
You don't know the content of all those results so you have no idea how many of them call for repeal or are against or are just repeats of the same article or not even related as goodgle tends to do after the first couple pages.etc.

There is only one legal avenue for repealing an amendment as I have stated twice now. Also as I said it ain't going to happen and all the polls show the American people are against it. But I'll chime ins and say the same; Come get them" Just try it! Now go tell your boss it ain't working they are not getting the guns except a few inches at a time...

I at least searched past the first page, which you obviously did not.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join