It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oath Keepers Stewart Rhodes Pledges to Resist Any Assault Weapons Ban - Hundreds Agree...

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by OptimusSubprime

Actually it is YOU who does not understand the constitution. The first 10 amendments CAN NOT be repealed. That is why they are the bill of rights... that is why they are UNALIENABLE. What you fail to realize is that the Bill of Rights exists whether or not it is on paper. "We hold these truths to be self evident" means exactly that. The founders felt it necessary to write them down, even though they are indeed self evident, just in case a bunch of morons came along and didn't get this very easy to understand concept.

Coup de grâce

Thanks everybody for the great read.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Truth.

Nuff said.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaTroof
reply to post by Helious

You missed the point entirely, which isn't surprising.

Utilizing existing structure of government for non-violent action is American. Holing up in your bunker while clutching your weapons is insane.

Then why do we pay for those politicians bunkers?

So who is insane?

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Oh man you beat me to it.

Let me add this

edit on 22-12-2012 by RedmoonMWC because: to add

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by RedmoonMWC
reply to post by neo96

Oh man you beat me to it!

Yeah Sorry the government gets guns, and nukes and bunkers and the average john doe or jane doe citizen gets labeled "insane".

Something not right there.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

What bothers me the most is they seem to want to start a Civil War in order to declare Martial Law and this particular Gun Grab just might set it off.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

I don't know about that...you said there were 20 or so comments. I imagine an assault weapons ban is going to create a fugitive or two.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 12:15 AM
link   
reply to post by DaTroof

So because some people dont like guns none of us can have guns?

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 12:20 AM
link   
reply to post by RedmoonMWC

Watching that video with Chuck Schumer sitting there with his head in his hand made me very angry!

How dare he have that look of disdain while that lady was giving her testimony! His mind was made up before she even said one word. If I was there I probably would have wound up in jail after trying to smack some sense into him.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 01:43 AM
link   

So they take an oath to defend the Constitution, but cry when there is public support for Constitutionally repealing an amendment?

They don't really understand what the Constitution is, do they?

You've been outed as a troll before and now isn't any different.

Nobody is repealing the second amendment, you are SIMPLY making things up.

The second amendment is just as important as the first amendment and the founding fathers KNEW EXACTLY what they were doing when they crafted the bill of rights.

Man we have some silly ATS members up in here....

edit on 23-12-2012 by eLPresidente because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 02:25 AM
link   
www.pbs.org...

Legal guns are the source of illegal guns. This isn't the chicken and the egg. It's really sad how many here think taking guns away is one step away from chaos or whatever paranoid delusions they've carved into their belief systems.

A gun ends someone's freedom, it doesn't provide it. Two guns end someone's life.

Life, liberty... impossible with armed citizenry.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 02:39 AM
link   

www.pbs.org...

Legal guns are the source of illegal guns. This isn't the chicken and the egg. It's really sad how many here think taking guns away is one step away from chaos or whatever paranoid delusions they've carved into their belief systems.

A gun ends someone's freedom, it doesn't provide it. Two guns end someone's life.

Yeah right the American revolution and world wars 1 and 2 etc. were won with slingshots and spit balls... Sigh

My suggestion for people to stop responding to this account...

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   
This is from 2000 and rather old but I did not know of his demise until I read the article. I do remember reading about the 1988 award he had received and enjoyed the movies with Paul Hogan. Sad on many levels

www.google.com...://archive.newsmax.com/articles/%3Fa%3D2000/6/26/12629&sa=U&ei=wEq1UN2SGsyQhQesgIHgAw&ved=0CAcQFjAA&client=internal-u ds-cse&usg=AFQjCNE-r35qlWstaZU011H6geP8MrIR9A
guess you will have to paste to your browser I can't post the link...Duh

It was reported that 44-year-old blond-haired Rodney William Ansell resembled uncannily Paul Hogan, the actor who played his part in the movie and the sequel. Although Ansell was no angel and had had previous run-ins with police, he had been named 1988 Australian Northern Territory Man of the Year for inspiring the movie and putting "the Australian Outback on the map." What motivated this shooting? In 1996, Australia adopted draconian gun control laws banning certain guns (60 percent of all firearms), requiring registration of all firearms and licensing of all gun owners. "Crocodile Dundee" believed the police were coming to confiscate his unregistered firearms.

This is not to bash the Aussi government, cops who represent the government or anyone else. It is just to show some what can happen unless we all band together (NRA or half a dozen other 2a support organizations) and insure our elected officials understand and respect 2a and our rights for self protection as individuals and citizens.

Maybe one of our Australian members can shed some light on the article as to it's veracity? From what I have read: The article further states the crime rate ( as you would expect ) went up after the guns were removed.

Bottom line for my way of thinking is; always better to stop the mischief before it gets started than afterwards as the ink is drying

Twelve months after the law was implemented in 1997, there has been a 44 percent increase in armed robberies, an 8.6 percent increase in aggravated assaults, and a 3.2 percent increase in homicides. That same year in the state of Victoria, there was a 300 percent increase in homicides committed with firearms. The following year, robberies increased almost 60 percent in South Australia. By 1999, assaults had increased in New South Wales by almost 20 percent. Two years after the ban, there have been further increases in crime: armed robberies by 73 percent; unarmed robberies by 28 percent; kidnappings by 38 percent; assaults by 17 percent; manslaughter by 29 percent, according to the Australian Bureau of Statistics.

I can only speculate on what the article says. I do not live in the land down under....

edit on 24-12-2012 by 727Sky because: tried to fix link

edit on 24-12-2012 by 727Sky because: added a quote

edit on 24-12-2012 by 727Sky because: mis-spelled land

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by LewsTherinThelamon

Did it really take this long for me to find a common sense reply to OP? Thanks for being one of only a few people who payed attention to your American Government teacher in High School.

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by DaTroof

If you want live without guns, move to Mexico. Or the UK if you're limited in la espanol. They (may) be happy to have you.

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by hawkiye

www.pbs.org...

Yeah right the American revolution and world wars 1 and 2 etc. were won with slingshots and spit balls... Sigh

My suggestion for people to stop responding to this account...

I wish I could give you a thousand stars for that. Lol.

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 09:37 PM
link   

So they take an oath to defend the Constitution, but cry when there is public support for Constitutionally repealing an amendment?

As an active member of Oathkeepers I take offense to your comment. No one in the Oathkeepers organization is "crying" about anything, we are simply honoring our oaths. Furthermore I have absolutely no friggin idea where you are getting your information but I have seen no mention of anything any remotely suggesting that there is "public support for constitutionally repelling the second amendment".

You are obviously very confused concerning the workings of our Constitution and the process to constitutionally repeal an amendment. First of all Congress and the executive branch pushing for gun control legislation is a very, very long way from a Constitutional repealing of the second amendment. In order for it to be a Constitutional repeal of the second amendment it would take a Constitutional Convention with a super majority vote of the states, not to mention the fact that the whole point of the Bill of Rights is to have a set of protected amendments that cannot be repealed. Would you care to inform me where we have had a call for a Constitutional Convention?

A mear call for tighter gun control legislation by a small majority of the citizens of this great nation does not constitute public support of a repeal of the 2nd.

Perhaps before you go insulting the men and women that have fought and died to secure your right to act like an @$$ you should get your facts straight concerning what it is you are discussing. All of us at Oathkeepers took an oath to uphold and defend the Constitution from all enemies, foreign and domestic and when we have duly elected representatives that are oath bound to defend and secure the Constitution and the rights of the people trying to pass legislation that directly violates the rights of the people then we will voice our opinions for all to hear.

The mear fact that our Congress and president is trying to infringe upon our God given and constitutionally secured right to bear arms is the pure definition of tyranny and as unconstitutional as it can get. The USSC ruled in Miranda v Arizona in 1964 that the exercising of a constitutionally protected right cannot be criminalize or infringed in any way what so ever. The ruling of the USSC has been repeatedly upheld in both federal and state courts and therefore any attempt by the government to infringe or criminalize by limitation the 2nd amendment will be an unconstitutional actbper Miranda v Arizona.

We are not crying because there is overwhelming public support for a repealing of the second amendment. We are pi$$ed because unlike the trash we have in DC, we take our oaths to heart and honor them everyday.
edit on 24-12-2012 by Nucleardiver because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-12-2012 by Nucleardiver because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by DaTroof

Life, liberty... impossible with armed citizenry
tell that to the residents of the state of Vermont or those of Kennesaw GA ... and others around this nation.

here, i'll even fix it for ya ... Life, Liberty ... impossible in Gun Free Zones

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by LewsTherinThelamon

It is irrelevant if there is "public support to repeal the 2nd amendment." This fallacy that "we are a democracy" is ridiculous. Some things cannot be voted on in our republic, our natural born rights happen to be one of those things.

I never said we live in a democracy.

Natural born rights, except for y'know... letting blacks be considered citizens or allowing women to vote. Oh, those natural born rights weren't in the OG Constitution? The Constitution is a living document, and susceptible to alteration. It's time to get rid of guns.

Because making a law will get drugs off the streets. Oops, I meant prostitution. Dang, I did it again. I meant rape. Or was it theft? Drunk driving?

Get the point yet, genius?

/TOA

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   
My wife thinks that I am going to end up on a "list" for this post BUT this is still America and we do have the Bill of Rights and they are worth standing up to speak out in favor of. That being said one can say that compliance to a confiscation of firearms that pertain to the meaning of the Second Amendment (ie military style firearms) is a form of surrender. It is what conquered peoples do after being overthrown. They surrender their spirit and their arms to the conqueror. This is the time to stand up and be heard in the court of public opinion and to voice your opinion to your Representatives and Senators...or capitulate and acknowledge that we are a conquered people.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join