It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

For Those Who Don't Belive 2012 Happened

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by anjuna

Lol awesome I love it! star for that, Wanted to give the couch guy one too but it is now blocked.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Grimpachi

I still think you haven't read my thread its not about Mayan prophecy at all, you are completely missing the whole point.
My point is that people waited for something to happen on that date without realizing it is already occurring,we didn't need a date at all.
edit on 23-12-2012 by enament because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by enament
What ever happened to the hippies and the free thinkers of the world, the people who fight for positive change in this world, where did they go,what happened to them???

The time for change is now! Before its too late, get up become involved, talk to your MLA or Congressman, or Representative.Tell them what you think. Wake up, we are creating our own dooms day as we speak just by the choices we make at home every day.

There are no "hippies" today, at least not in a sense as there was in the 60s and 70s. The closest to hippies I can think of TODAY would be Anonymous.

As for Occupy Wallstreet and similar. Don't you make the mistake and think the Occupy people are similar motivated as the hippies back in the 60s.

The BIG difference was that the real hippies back in the 60s/70s wanted a new IDEOLOGY, a big change in thinking and general life-style.

The Occupy people and some of the followers might think they are similar motivated, BUT THEY ARE NOT.

Occupy are not wanting a new ideology. All this is about is MONEY. It's a movement born from the idea that 1% of people are rich and have everything and the 99% deserve a cut too....so its a movement which has basically the same motivation as the 1% (money) just from the other side. But where's the ideology behind it? Where is the deeper motivation? Just ranting about bankers and politicians and saying how unfair life is doesn't make a good movement, IN MY EYES.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by enament
reply to post by jazzguy

I'm on the verge of simplifying my whole life I sold my apt building in the city, bought some land in the country and I'm going to start an orchard and a fruit and vegetable garden and raise chickens and maybe some sheep to mow the lawn.

I couldn't grow a garden in the soil in town as it is quite polluted. The best I could do is a patio garden. I have the room to do it now . The next step is energy independence solar ,wind and what ever else I can think of, I cant wait for the house to be done in mid Feb so I can get started on all of this. Take care thanks for the response.

People if you want to help the world stop buying corporate food etc...

Congrats on this and I resonate with these sentiments. I do wonder if goats might do a better job of mowing the lawn though.
I would also like to grow as much of the foods that I eat myself; raise chickens and possibly a cow or two. Ideally I'd love to have my home capture and filter water for me (as in a book I read years ago called "Water From the Sky") but as I have no money to build such currently I'll have to make due with what I have.

www.amazon.com...
Water From The Sky by Michael Reynolds

I currently eat almost no processed foods and exclude all GMO from my diet, eating mostly organically grown and all natural whole foods. I get raw milk from a local farm and raw (pasteured) meat from the same for my cat.

I also think one of the best ways to institute the change we all crave is to boycott the corporations that are ruining our environment and our personal health! I've always said the #1 thing that most people could actually eventually accomplish to induce BIG world change is to STOP CONSUMING EVERYTHING with CORN SYRUP in it. This one "small" decision would drastically change the marketplace and improve our bodies and our minds!

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by flexy123

You know what I find funny about the occupy movement. When it was portrayed in the media they said there was no clear message or direction to the protests.
When all along it was really about the money men controlling the masses.

I forgot about the occupy movement and should have included it. The media systematically distorted the facts confused the public and discredited the protesters by putting nut jobs on TV to represent the movement. Worked well to confuse the general public on what the movement was really all about.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by anjuna

Sheep are considered to be better grazers that goats,since goats eat everything.
Goats also can be quite pesky if you get an ornery one don't bend over or you are going to get head butted.
I have a lot of work to do in the spring this year.
On my new property I'll have a well situated next to an artisan spring.
So far this venture moving to the country has made me feel like it was meant to be,because my luck seems to be directing me in this direction.
This work isn't for the weak it is extremely hard and laborious work, clearing the land alone took me 16 days of a sore back and aching muscles.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 09:51 AM
link   
There is actually 20 years of transition between the old calendar and the new one, this is when bad things will happen not on a one day thing like so many folks fell for. The Mayans as well as the Hopis and the Cherokee people all said it would be over years. If we actually took the time to read things about the truth of the Mayans you all would realize that we have 20 years of stuff to happen.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by AuntC

If we actually took the time to read things about the truth of the Mayans you all would realize that we have 20 years of stuff to happen.

And what is the source of the "truth" about the Maya.

20 years huh? Things will change over the next 20 years? Impossible, I say! Things haven't changed over the previous 20 years at all, have they?
edit on 12/23/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by AuntC
There is actually 20 years of transition between the old calendar and the new one, this is when bad things will happen not on a one day thing like so many folks fell for. The Mayans as well as the Hopis and the Cherokee people all said it would be over years. If we actually took the time to read things about the truth of the Mayans you all would realize that we have 20 years of stuff to happen.

I somewhat expected something to happen on that specific date, But also realized that we are in an age of extreme perrel and that things are already bad and not improving. However we don't need a date to bring about change, we can start now.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by AuntC

If we actually took the time to read things about the truth of the Mayans you all would realize that we have 20 years of stuff to happen.

And what is the source of the "truth" about the Maya.

20 years huh? Things will change over the next 20 years? Impossible, I say! Things haven't changed over the previous 20 years at all, have they?
edit on 12/23/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

What this world needs more than anything is for people to turn there TV's off and start paying attention to the real world around them and not the skewed portrayal of non reality as portrayed on television. (warning foul language in this vid)

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by enament

Oh, I think there are a few things that the world needs more than that. I'm not sure the world is as enamored with television as the US is though.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   

reply to post by enament

Oh, I think there are a few things that the world needs more than that. I'm not sure the world is as enamored with television as the US is though.

None the less it would be a good start though. I haven't had cable TV in more than 2 years,and I don't crave Mc Donnalds as much any more,and other things as well.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by flexy123
But where's the ideology behind it? Where is the deeper motivation? Just ranting about bankers and politicians and saying how unfair life is doesn't make a good movement, IN MY EYES.

The motivation comes from the fear of being drafted.
Protest, or die.
Quite a motivator.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by enament

I hear goats eat "everything" so thought they might be wonderful trash compactors and fantastic "recyclers".

*envisions the typical cartoon-ish goat eating a can*

I did not know that about sheep, thanks. I might have to add them to my plan ... and learn how to knit!

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by anjuna

On the other hand goats give milk,haven't herd of people drinking sheep milk.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by enament

McDonald's? *shudder*
I haven't "craved" McDonald's for a very long time and I have cable.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 10:29 AM
link   

reply to post by enament

McDonald's? *shudder*
I haven't "craved" McDonald's for a very long time and I have cable.

My point was that like it or not TV has an impact that changes peoples perceptions of the world.

My grandfather frequently refereed to TV as "brain wash".

TV on the majority has an influence,look how the war on Iraq was legitimized on TV with all the lies.
The general public fell for it and afterwords realized they had been hoodwinked into it.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by enament

As I said, I don't think getting rid of television is "what the world needs more than anything". I think there are a few more things that are more important.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Look around you everything the government wants to do is fed to the public through the media. Perceptions are altered with TV thats why add agencys hire psychologists to produce more effective ads to seduce the public.

I spoke to a person about TV before and said it brainwashed people his response was" I would know I was being brainwashed. His response proved my point.

Honestly knowing who you are Phage, I somewhat expected a more elaborate and intellectual response, followed by a intellectually stimulating good point, as I have seen from you in the past.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 10:45 AM
link   
lololololololol

the mayans believed at the end of an era, all of mankind was literally and physically transformed

say from mud to amber

stop hijacking this culture for your new age mumbo jumbo

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join