It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

For Those Who Don't Belive 2012 Happened

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by enament
And we let it happen.

No, I was not part of the process of letting it happen. In fact all those things you listed I was not there or heard about until after the changes were made [edit: and damage was done*]. The point is, most of these occurrences happen without us even knowing until the media releases this.

By the way, most things happen as a result of a rug being pulled from underneath our feet.
edit on 22-12-2012 by Skywatcher2011 because: added note

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skywatcher2011

And we let it happen.

No, I was not part of the process of letting it happen. In fact all those things you listed I was not there or heard about until after the changes were made. The point is, most of these occurrences happen without us even knowing until the media releases this.

By the way, most things happen as a result of a rug being pulled from underneath our feet.

Well agreed a lot of things are happening because of this. Political complaceny on our own part is however the key to the success of the others. And too often life is just too god that we, myself included, care as to what happens next door so to speak.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Find a text where the Mayans said anything about anything involving 2012.

Not something someone is telling you the Mayans said, but actual translations of Mayan text telling you what was going to happen. Now, take that information (it doesn't actually exist, mind you, just let me save you the trouble) and double check that against what you are saying is happening.

Is it a match?

The only possible match is...

Mayans said nothing, and nothing is happening.

They were right all along!!

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Look around you, it's been happening all along, it didn't need a date.
Fukushima,The Gulf oil spill, the 65,000 barrels of nuclear waste dumped in the Barents Sea, etc, etc ..... We know them all. The changes being made to the Charter of Rights and Freedoms act in Canada and the Bill of rights in the US.
And we let it happen.

What ever happened to the hippies and the free thinkers of the world, the people who fight for positive change in this world, where did they go,what happened to them???

The time for change is now! Before its too late, get up become involved, talk to your MLA or Congressman, or Representative.Tell them what you think. Wake up, we are creating our own dooms day as we speak just by the choices we make at home every day.

It saddens me to be bringing my son up in this Corporate States of America. And yes I mean my country too Canada (AKA) little America.As it has been changing into since the Conservatives took over and began to Americanize our political structure from the ground up. Attack adds,end of work Unions, no more double time,retirement now at 67,Unemployment insurance reforms forcing people to move from home to find work when they have a job seasonally.etc etc....
To sum it all up we are creating our own dooms day, just by our day to day choices we are making today, the car you buy, the products you purchase, and who makes Them !! So ask yourself who has the real power to change? What can you effectively change in your life to make a difference. Are you involved?What can you do?What have you done?Can you do it?

(sorry about the botched post earlier when I accidentally erased the most inspirational rant Ive done in a long time,and couldn't put it back like it was, so let this be a lesson to you save yourself the embarrassment and save your writings)
edit on 21-12-2012 by enament because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-12-2012 by enament because: (no reason given)
Sorry but 2012 was not about this at all. Sorry.And there have been no change made to the bill of rights either. Where did you get that little diddy from? No more dooms day. Still we must endure all of these threads telling us how horrible we are.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grimpachi
Absolutely nothing happened. Deal with it.

The Mayan calendar didn’t foretell anything besides that they decided that they weren’t going to write anymore.
Even thats not ture. The Aztecs destroyed most of what the Mayans wrote. We got one corner of one papers worth. 99% of what they believed was destroyed and we will never recover what was lost. But it was also darn silly to try to make a prediction when 99 % of the information you need has been destroyed.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by enament

ooo let's be selective shall we. How about the thousands of events throughout history.

Two nukes in 1945 - end of world 1945 ?
Krakatoa 1883 - end of world 1883 (damn site more pronounced that everything you have stated !!!!!!!!!!!!!)
etc etc

Do I need to bore everyone with reams of events.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by karen61560

Which changes.The American Constitution the changes made were the Patriot Act.
Or in Canada The Charter of Rights and Freedoms act the changes made were done by Bill -C38.
Shall I go on?
edit on 22-12-2012 by enament because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grimpachi
Absolutely nothing happened. Deal with it.

The Mayan calendar didn’t foretell anything besides that they decided that they weren’t going to write anymore.

Absolutely nothing happened?

That's the dumbest thing I think I've ever heard.

Absolutely.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by ProperlyErrant

I know what happened. It was BIG.

I got really high, ate some Dorito's and passed out on the couch.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by enament

This is ignorant. Throughout history we have been going through hardships. Every decade has its own boogie-man, its own political issues, social debates, natural disasters, etc. Name one period in human history that had 0 wars, no hunger, and 100% approval rates for the people in power.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 01:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Telos

All the amount of time you've spent in writing down this numbers and shrinking the size as well, you could have used it to say something productive...

To the OP. I totally agree with your post. Being a canadian myself I feel it to my bone the truthfulness of your words. But I have to say it, compared with american society, ours is a total society of sheep. No social consciousness at all. No sense of union in thoughts and actions. In that way, we are far behind than americans.
edit on 22-12-2012 by Telos because: (no reason given)

If that's something you would find difficult may I suggest a personal secretary to do all your typing from now on. It must be so difficult for you to get around the big virtual world without the knowledge of keyboard shortcuts, or without realizing that BBcode is only a click away.

By the way, I don't think "productive" is the word you are looking for as I clearly was able to "produce" something. =)

P.S. I'm glad you are making these logical accusations about my words, and Canadian and American society, solely off of your "feelings". Maybe catch up on the ATS motto once in a while.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 01:44 AM
link   
A light year then. You forgot 1917, 1944, 1967, 2001...

Your perspective is too narrow. 2012 was not a great year, but not a bad one either.....unless you're a worry junkie.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 04:16 AM
link   
I think the 21st dec 2012 was a important date. The world drew a line in the sand. Lots of people said nothing would happen, but there was no way of knowing if anything would, so they had to wait for the date. Everyone had to wait. Waiting's over and we have crossed the line, what now.
Carry on as before or finally say no to this corrupt world system.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 04:47 AM
link   
reply to post by enament

well said, let me just say sorry to you from all the morons who didnt even read it

i agree with you, i live like this now.

changing the world with my own wallet, one product at a time

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 07:16 AM
link   

Look around you, it's been happening all along, it didn't need a date.
Fukushima,The Gulf oil spill, the 65,000 barrels of nuclear waste dumped in the Barents Sea, etc, etc

This post reminds me of someone who used Mayans to talk about governments and politics - to drive their agenda. Maya-exploitation.

The changes being made to the Charter of Rights and Freedoms act in Canada and the Bill of rights in the US.
And we let it happen.

But this time it's using "2012" to drive a very similar agenda and to talk about governments and politics.

Why do some people do it like this? Instead of just going to a "Government" area to talk about "government" and politics, they come to "2012" or "Prophecies" areas and use the topic only a little bit in the beginning - just enough to get their rant going - and then let their 'government' and politics-agenda fill the rest of the post, without ever really getting back on topic.

Why do some people do it like this? To get a larger audience? It's like if I go to a cooking forum to talk about vegan sausages, and after two sentences, I am already talking about how wrong it is that car dealers lie to people, and then move on to talk about different car models. And then I would go to a Martial Arts forum, and after mentioning Aikido and Kendo, would start ranting about surveillance cameras in shopping malls, and how it invades our privacy, and how hypocrite it is for stores to unlawfully ban photography, although their own cameras are shooting continuously.

Wouldn't that seem a bit odd to anyone?

I can't remember who the other poster was, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was you. If it was, I have to hand it to you - you have a way of icing a political rant with a topic that seems to belong in the forum you are posting it to..

p.s. Charters and bills of rights do not matter. They are not applicable, because people have WILLINGLY given their consent to obey the (otherwise unlawful) legal system. When you have people's consent to let the government do something to them, NO paper can stop the government. It's like if you ask and beg me to spank you, it will not matter that some acts, statutes or codes are written to stop me from doing that - you have unlimited right to contract, and if I have your consent to doing that, nothing can lawfully (let alone legally) stop me (except you withdrawing your consent) from spanking you until your skin is red and blue!

This is the situation where we are today. It doesn't matter what anyone does to any piece of paper like 'charters' or 'bills' (rights do not come from ink on paper, we have them when we are born), because in this situation, NONE OF IT IS APPLICABLE. Those papers were written to LIMIT the Government, not to give people any rights. Rights can't be given or taken away, only privileges can (but those are NAMED "civil rights" and such, so that you wouldn't realize the difference - still, a cat named a dog is not a dog). So your rant was also completely useless, because you point out to facts which do not matter the slightest.

People have freed the governments from their legal binds by giving them consent, so those binds are not applicable anymore.
edit on 23-12-2012 by Shoujikina because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 08:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Shoujikina

I think you are missing the whole point.

My point is, is that we focus on a date and wait for something to happen on that date and then we get disappointed it never happened.
Well if we weren't waiting for a date and just looked around us we would realize doomsday seems to be already occurring all around us in slow motion.
So this subject does encompass all of these events and topics all around us ,political events, industrial disasters,environmental disasters etc etc....

Thank you for your jaded criticism.

edit on 23-12-2012 by enament because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by jazzguy

I'm on the verge of simplifying my whole life I sold my apt building in the city, bought some land in the country and I'm going to start an orchard and a fruit and vegetable garden and raise chickens and maybe some sheep to mow the lawn.

I couldn't grow a garden in the soil in town as it is quite polluted. The best I could do is a patio garden. I have the room to do it now . The next step is energy independence solar ,wind and what ever else I can think of, I cant wait for the house to be done in mid Feb so I can get started on all of this. Take care thanks for the response.

People if you want to help the world stop buying corporate food etc...
edit on 23-12-2012 by enament because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by ErroneousDylan

If you are going to type here,stay on topic or take your trolling elsewhere. Thank you.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by ZeussusZ

Good point and observation. Thank you.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by SuperZepto
reply to post by ProperlyErrant

I know what happened. It was BIG.

I got really high, ate some Dorito's and passed out on the couch.

Doritos you say?! It just so happens there was a storm on the sun in the shape of a Dorito sailing across the sun all day yesterday (Dec 22nd) and the day before (it's still there today, though less Dorito-shaped)!!

The ancients were right!!! Was the artifact (in the video below) of the triangle on the sun depicting a coronal hole or ... a Dorito-shaped sun storm through which the Annunaki will/have arrive/d?!

edit on 23-12-2012 by anjuna because: redundancy omitted

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join