It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

For Those Who Don't Belive 2012 Happened

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by enament

HillaryClinton was a flower girl,an uber hippy.She and many others moved into academia.They taught Obama how to take down the country by overwhelming the system by incurring oppressive debt and welfare getting expanded to a point where we are all beholden to the government for existance.
Unfortunately for them we are still armed.They are working on that as we speak.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Xtrozero

Canada now has the same problems as the US with Stephen Harper at the helm.
Maybe the hippies were systematically wiped out by the media through making them look like a bunch of dummied down stoners without showing the general message.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 11:20 PM
link   
While I don't agree with the original post I don't want to come off like I am just being an ass ..so I my original response was not correct when looking that initial content again so I deleted it.

edit on 21-12-2012 by opethPA because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 11:23 PM
link   
reply to post by cavtrooper7

Our current government in Canada is on a spending spree as we speak, and we also seem to be making austerity measures as well it would seem, I could elaborate if you'd like.
edit on 21-12-2012 by enament because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 12:26 AM
link   
I see what you're saying in the OP and I agree with it.

Whether or not any of it has to do with the actual date 12-21-2012, who knows. I never bought into any of the negative aspects of the 12-21 stuff to begin with, but I was/am definitely looking forward to any kind of enlightenment that was associated with the day.

This is a pretty crazy time in the world, obviously. Who knows how long it'll be before the Middle East goes all out nuke-crazy and you really never know when someone will walk into a mall, cinema or school and start taking people out here in the States.

But at the same time, this is the most connected us human beings have ever been. With social media we know everything that's happening as it happens. I don't know about any of you, but my Facebook page has been going out of control lately with political/gun debates. Some people are saying they want others to stop talking about it while others are making it their personal goal to convince everyone on their friends list that their opinion is the right one.

This is the first time in human history that we can debate with millions of people across the world. We can hear EVERY single opinion. Sure, there are PLENTY who will ignore it and carry on believing what they want, but there are also plenty of others who will take the time to listen and think about what they've read/heard and weigh it out in their own minds.

The old rule of "Don't talk about politics or religion." has been thrown so far out the window, it's never coming back. And it's a damn good time for that to happen, because this world isn't getting any better unless we, as a human race, start putting these things on the table and deciding what's good for us, as a whole. Not what's good for the middle class, what's good for the Middle East, what's good for the democrats or good for the homeless....no single human or group of humans is more important than the other. The human race as a whole is what's important and we all need to be focusing on that.

....and who knows, maybe this period of time where we actually have the ability to communicate seamlessly and instantly is what the predictions were all about. Regardless, enough energy has been put into this particular date, it's definitely time to start moving forward with what we can do on this planet to ensure that everyone on it can enjoy their stay here.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 12:28 AM
link   
2012 did happen, and so did 2011, and so did 2010, and so did 2009, and so did 2008, and so did 2007, and so did 2006, and so did 2005, and so did 2004, and so did 2003, and so did 2002, and so did 2001, and so did 2000, and so did 1999, and so did 1998, and so did 1997, and so did 1996, and so did 1995, and so did 1994, and so did 1993, and so did 1992, and so did 1991, and so did 1990, and so did 1989, and so did 1988, and so did 1987, and so did 1986, and so did 1985, and so did 1984, and so did 1983, and so did 1982, and so did 1981, and so did 1980, and so did 1979, and so did 1978, and so did 1977, and so did 1976, and so did 1975, and so did 1974, and so did 1973, and so did 1972, and so did 1971, and so did 1970, and so did 1969, and so did 1968, and so did 1967, and so did 1966, and so did 1965....

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 12:46 AM
link   
reply to post by ErroneousDylan

Oh thats so smart.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 12:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Toadmund

I got exactly what he was saying but I don’t buy into it. This year is no different from last or next year. There was absolutely nothing out of the ordinary and nothing special about it that is significant to a Mayan prophecy. The whole Mayan prophecy thing is bunk. If you buy into that crap it is the same as the people who bought into the Olympic conspiracy junk. I visited the Mayan ruins this year and the people that live there even think that those who bought into the Mayan Calendar nonsense are gullible as can be.

There is absolutely nothing to the 2012 Mayan calendar except they stopped writing. Nothing Nadda.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 12:49 AM
link   
i think a hell of a lot of important things have happened this year and that there has been a shift.

i think we are coming down the back side of the mountain soon now.

All that we can see is that we are still on the mountain but i think we are going over a peak right now. I think we are in the calm of the perceived stability that being on a peak can give you. You can stand straight right now without clinging to the side but you're still on the mountain and you could still fall right off of it.

There are still so many things to achieve, so many things to unfold and this is ongoing, but I do think 2012 was pivotal.

I just wish aliens had shown up.... but i wish that every day of my life so that's nothing unusual.

None of this means that something catastrophic couldn't happen next week, next month, or next year.

the people who think that passing this day erases all conspiratorial world events are just cracking me up right now. They don't seem to get it at all. people DO need to pay attention to these things on an ongoing basis and this date, if nothing more, has served to force people to be concerned about their world... not all, but some.

Let's enjoy the calm while it lasts.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 12:52 AM
link   
What happened to the unionists that fought for your labor rights at Bretton Harbor?

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 01:37 AM
link   
reply to post by enament

I agree with you 100% on whats the real threat we face as a world.

As to the hippies and freethinkers, They are being labeled as Extremists and perhaps soon Terrorists for their way of free Thinking. Which will make it hazardous to ones own life expressing what they think and believe soon. That's a real Terror to be fearful of.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 02:18 AM
link   
Those who've been saying that "nothing would happen" and "nothing did happen" have been talking about the grand world-ending or world-changing events that many people were expecting.
"2012" is short-hand for all that, just as "Watergate" was short-hand for a political crisis in Nixon's time.
In that sense, "2012" did not happen.
You know that's what they mean, so why quibble?

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 02:52 AM
link   
I did a crazy amount of research over the years, from scholars and experts it seems like the Maya knew time was a cyclic with ages. And in the transitions from ages or worlds our planet goes through a major catastrophe and humans have to start all over again through the new age (last time was after a major flood)

Today there are still over 5 million Maya left and I did alot of research on what the regular everyday people and what their leaders think about 2012 and all of them say that the world will not end on 12/21 but we collectively are bringing about own destruction!!

Some people are happy to rub this in others faces, some people are sad the world didnt end, alot of people give no f%@#$, but most people didn't understand the underlying message 2012 had to offer.

Great thread btw SnF
edit on 22-12-2012 by Jay Electronica because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-12-2012 by Jay Electronica because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 03:20 AM
link   
The world didn't end on Dec 21 2012.

Tell that to the people who died yesterday, because their world sure did end.

People who don't understand the significance of our time and getting our shorts all in a wad over world events have their heads too far up their asses to understand that 2012 or not, we are at a point in our pattern of life and should take notice. Every point that we have ever perceived as "now" is an important notation on the design.

This moment in time was thought to be important enough for most people to take notice, so they did but shouldn't you always be taking notice? Every generation has felt like the last and every one of them has died. It doesn't need to be the end of the world to be scary because everyone is going to die anyway. If something was truly special about 2012, would we even know? Not if we aren't paying attention... but my main point is that just because people wondered about the significance of this date, it doesn't mean everyone can just breathe a sigh of relief about all the numerous things trying to kill you and destroy your life because that's all still happening.

For some 12/21/12 was indeed the end and who knows what will happen from here on out.

For those who think open conspiracy theory should shut down for good.... nice try. Go back to your sheltered lives because somewhere in this world, lives are being apart. For someone, this was indeed the end.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by ErroneousDylan
2012 did happen, and so did 2011, and so did 2010, and so did 2009, and so did 2008, and so did 2007, and so did 2006, and so did 2005, and so did 2004, and so did 2003, and so did 2002, and so did 2001, and so did 2000, and so did 1999, and so did 1998, and so did 1997, and so did 1996, and so did 1995, and so did 1994, and so did 1993, and so did 1992, and so did 1991, and so did 1990, and so did 1989, and so did 1988, and so did 1987, and so did 1986, and so did 1985, and so did 1984, and so did 1983, and so did 1982, and so did 1981, and so did 1980, and so did 1979, and so did 1978, and so did 1977, and so did 1976, and so did 1975, and so did 1974, and so did 1973, and so did 1972, and so did 1971, and so did 1970, and so did 1969, and so did 1968, and so did 1967, and so did 1966, and so did 1965....

All the amount of time you've spent in writing down this numbers and shrinking the size as well, you could have used it to say something productive...

To the OP. I totally agree with your post. Being a canadian myself I feel it to my bone the truthfulness of your words. But I have to say it, compared with american society, ours is a total society of sheep. No social consciousness at all. No sense of union in thoughts and actions. In that way, we are far behind than americans.
edit on 22-12-2012 by Telos because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by enament

Look around you, it's been happening all along, it didn't need a date. Fukushima,The Gulf oil spill, the 65,000 barrels of nuclear waste dumped in the Barents Sea, etc, etc ..... We know them all. The changes being made to the Charter of Rights and Freedoms act in Canada and the Bill of rights in the US.

I think if I am understanding you correctly you are saying the world is ending, it didn’t need a date and that if we look at all the disasters around us we can see that by watching the news. We have wars, disasters, erosion of humanity, Global warming and so on and this is all contribute to the end of the world.

A nice argument but flawed, since the day I was born I have been dying, very very slowly. The same could be said of the earth and humanity as a whole, everything that has a beginning had an end some predicted that the end of the world was yesterday and it didn’t happen. Just because bad things happen also does not mean it will end soon, didn’t end when the planet was ravaged by war during the early to mid-20th century for example.

the end of the world is inevitable, but lets face it the 21/12/12 doomers all got it wrong

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Grimpachi

The Mayan prophecy itself wasn't bunk it was those who interpreted it that were bunk.

edit on 22-12-2012 by enament because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Telos

Agreed we are a nation of sheep but you begin to take away from families by tearing them apart and you will see an uprising. The unemployment reforms are bad news for me as a tradesperson. I may have to leave my family soon to look for work as I just got laid off after working steady for the last 3 years. But apparently I abuse unemployment.

The end of the prosperity of the
Maritimes happened when the the confederation act was signed. All the jobs were taken from the maritime provinces and moved to central Canada. Confederation did no good for the Maritime people.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by OtherSideOfTheCoin

The world ending, sort of. I just see a large collective of things that will seal the fate of humanity in general and if nothing is done soon to stem this slow moving extinction of humanity we will have effectively created our own dooms day.
EXE...
1.Fukushima ( Infant mortality rate increases in North America since the plant disaster)
2. Gulf oil spill ( people are sick from corexit and the oil)
3.Vast amounts of nuclear waste dumped at sea in containers with a life span that will expire soon.
4. Genetic modified organisms. (super bugs, plants, animals,insects,humans contaminating the natural environment.)
5.Depleted uranium contamination.
6. environmental contamination (get a blood test you are full of modern contamination which is deteriorating your genetics and also accumulating in your system.)
7.Perpetual never ending wars.
8. Unsustainable use of nonrenewable resources.
9.The destruction of the natural environment.
10. Artificial intelligence. ( will a computer when smarter than a human look at humanity as being inferior,a plague,a pest,a parasite?)

These are some of the examples I can think of at the moment. If I missed any help me out.
edit on 22-12-2012 by enament because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by enament

You are speaking my mind almost a 100%. I am european but live in canada for over 30+ years. Oh nothing was 'impossible' back then. And also the Hippies seemed to give us a bright horizon to look forwards to.
During my early years in canada I signed up with an international engineering company and spent a few month here, a few month there, all over the world to do various projects. I even enjoyed some of the best 5 months in my working life in Libya. In the early 80's I was in Germany when I had an incredible experience. My coworkers were making jokes about AIDS. I had neglected to read the news lately due to too much work. Then I went to a pub in Munich frequented mosty by US/CDN Military and began reading the (english lang) news mags. I clearly remember the Times Magazine article on AIDS. The blaming the Gays for the desease and so forth. And my stomach felt to my knees. NOW i told myself all that we had worked and dreamt for is finished. FEAR will work for the right wing and destroy everything.
We had a hope and a chance back then to turn this nuthouse of a world around, and we missed the boat. From a dream of a global village of peace and prosperity we let it become a global slum for corporations. And the warnings were there! 1,000's of books and articles had been written about the same topics we discuss today. And it was not taken serious. And all because a senile B-moviestar became president.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join