It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NRA wants armed guards in schools

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by grimreaper797

Originally posted by buddhasystem

Oh really? You do want a SWAT in every school? How welcoming an environment that would be...

I wouldn't send my child to a school that didn't have some form of armed security.

That just shows how bizarrely wild, uncivilized, brutal, and openly stupid the US have become.

Again, I'm asking for an armed guard to protect the bathroom, because I just ain't feeling safe taking a leak.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   

If you admit that we don't know his motives, you have no business posting this silly statement. He can be any number of things. For one, Lanze didn't seek "coercion". Look at the definition.

I knew some person would come in here and say some nonsense like that. He spread terror.

And I knew some simpletons only understand stuff which matches in complexity with a sack of bricks.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Camperguy

I can always count on the anti-gun crowd to not make sense.

Oh really? You do want a SWAT in every school? How welcoming an environment that would be...

I feel that some people think that distopia portrayed movies like "Mad Max" back in 1980s is quite OK, with every person toting some serious firearm.

What a retarded society... and what retarded idea...

Retarded? Really a cop in school is retarded.

Did I say retarded? I was wrong. I meant cold effing stupid retarded. If you need armed cops in your school YOUR SOCIETY IS BEYOND FOOBAR, my wise friend.

Do you have children?

Multiple. Next.

WTF you smoking junior.

Have respect for older people, punk.

Anyone who uses punk and retarded in a forum to descibe thier point of view, isnt older than teenage son.

Society fubar, yep

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by retiredPunk
reply to post by oper8zhin

Having armed guards in Columbine didn't stop Eric Harris and Dylan Klebold from shooting up the place.
Do you have any proof that there were armed guards on the campus at the time of the shooting?
Please give linky, and thank you in advance.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Were a Country of 300 million with many different Nationalities, Poor, Rich, many diverse out looks on Life. I dont see how you can say the US is "bizarrely wild, uncivilized, brutal, and openly stupid".

We are You and You are US!!!!!

edit on 21-12-2012 by hoochymama because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by vonclod
why do americans slaughter each other more than any other western civilized nation, if more guns mean saftey you would be the safest country in the world..yup just throw more guns into the mix and that will fix everything..brilliant plan

im not anti gun either..just anti stupid
edit on 21-12-2012 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

I was under the impression that Mexico had us by 7 times the kill ratio.
But that is just wiki, so no real confirmation but if they claim 7 times more....you gotta think theyr'e abit worse than us.
They do have gun control in Mexico btw.

(Edit)
Unless you are speaking of the Americas north and south.
Cuz some of those central and southern American countries do have some high murder stats as well.
Then again so do Europe and Asia, just their media is suppressed.
Antarctica is the lowest I'd imagine.

edit on 21-12-2012 by g146541 because: Be safe, move to the iceberg!

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by hoochymama

Columbine was patrolled by an armed, uniformed sheriff’s deputy and unarmed security guards. When the officer engaged the shooters, Kleebold and Harris were able to out maneuver and over power him just as they were able to out maneuver other officers responding to the scene.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 09:06 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by hoochymama
Were a Country of 300 million with many different Nationalities, Poor, Rich, many diverse out looks on Life. I dont see how you can say the US is Crazy if everyone who is here came from another Culture.

“Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
Send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed, to me:
I lift my lamp beside the golden door.

We still rock! Even if we should have cops in our schools.

Bill

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 09:11 PM
link   
The NRA is really stupid and it is sad that they are popular at all. What kind of mental gymnastics does it take to reconcile the stance that you have the right to bear arms to protect yourself from an oppressive government with suggesting putting armed police officers into every school?

Also, the police officer/volunteer would not be proactive, only reactive in these types of shooting situations. Anyone who wants to go shoot a lot of children will still be able to before the gun-wielder is able to do anything. Plus, all the killer really has to do is shoot the policeman first. I mean really this whole idea is ridiculous.
edit on 21-12-2012 by rational1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 09:13 PM
link   
The statement makes sense, when you consider everywhere in the US that we have armed guards. As stated in the NRA statement, Banks, Airports, Courts, to protect important people. What's more important than our children? We do protect money to no end. We do protect political people like crazy. Just because a school has an armed gaurd, it doesn't mean they have to have their gun out in plain site at all times. The children don't have to see the gun all time. Some inner city schools already do this, and they also have metal detectors. I guess I don't see the big deal if it means our kids are safer. Not sticking up for the NRA, but they are right, the media took this and blew this way out of proportion. They made a .223 rifle sound like the most powerful assault rifle ever. Anyone who hunts will tell you a .223 is actually a quite small firearm and are commonly used in my area to squirel hunt. Be careful taking to much the media says to heart, as they don't always qualify facts to get their point across. Back to the guards in schools, its a heck of alot better option than giving up rights that every citizen has had since this country was founded.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by oper8zhin

Having properly trained ARMED staff in schools WILL STOP THESE DEVILS and their PLANNED EVENTS from continuing!!!!!! DEMAND THIS NOW FOR THE SECURITY OF YOUR CHILDREN. DO IT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You mean like in Columbine H.S. in 1999?

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by retiredPunk
reply to post by g146541

www.cnn.com...

Cool and thanks!
One thing I will point out is the officer was not there as he did not know there was a shooting until he was informed over the radio.
A gunshot report will travel aways.
This report just more reinforces my idea to arm the staff, they are there before the kids and after the kids leave.
The staff has background checks and generally multiple degrees.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by rational1

What kind of mental gymnastics does it take to reconcile the stance that you have the right to bear arms to protect yourself from an oppressive government with suggesting putting armed police officers into every school?

And, how do you suggest discerning which gun-owners bearing arms are merely interested in taking down an oppressive government?

Think it through.
What kind of mental gymnastics would it take to say "no, I have this gun in case of government ....not to go and shoot some innocent people in a gun-free zone!" ?????????????

And, welcome to ATS.

edit on 21-12-2012 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Give up your guns, rednecks and heathens, Big Brother will keep you safe from any 'terrorists', we will make sure of it, as long as you don't act in ways unbecoming to 'The State' (and pay thr required tribute) we will provide for your 'safety' with 24/7 cradle to grave survellience, a camera on every street corner, and a microchip in every wrist. Think of the future citizen and the collective and stop being selfish. Who can best keep you and yours 'safe', your puny 'guns' or Big Nanny's all encompasing and watchful all seeing eye?

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by g146541

I was in the US military in Columbia and the cartel there kills a bunch of people. Mexico the same way. Crime is everywhere people, gun control will do nothing, especially to those that have no self control. ie Criminals, who the last time I checked are the ones doing the murdering. Murder is a criminal act, so using a gun illegally wouldn't be a problem if you planned on murdering. People will kill no matter what if they want to. It's not only in the US it's everywhere. Pretty sure no countries have zero murders. India by the way, has very strict gun control. Anyone checked their murder rate recently?

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by watchitburn

I can agree with the statement about good guys with guns. But are armed guards in schools the answer? I don't know. I don't think gun control would accomplish anything either

Good guys need to be on equal footing with bad guys; there's no doubt. However, those good guys should be trained police officers, not the average tom, dick, or harry with a gun. I believe schools should have resource officers staged at school from police departments. Not an army, maybe just one. I think this is very reasonable; this way you get an armed officer, but a professional police officer. Additionally, maybe we could arm people with tasers to begin with. Or have a lock box with a taser until police arrive.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Cosmic911

I believe schools should have resource officers staged at school from police departments. Not an army, maybe just one. I think this is very reasonable; this way you get an armed officer, but a professional police officer. Additionally, maybe we could arm people with tasers to begin with. Or have a lock box with a taser until police arrive.

Most urban schools already have that (at least in my city they do)....
called "School Resource Officers"....
and yes, they are armed, professional police officers, in full uniform, with their cars prominently parked out front.

Having worked in multi-level (stair access only) school buildings with SROs assigned -- yep, they were great.....good guys, tried to build rapport with the kids -- but......if SRO is on 3rd floor east, and Gun-weilding psycho is on 1st floor west.....

well.....
ETA....yeah, I worked for 3 years in a public school for the kids who couldn't manage in regular classrooms -- some with emotional disorders, some with organic disorders. We had radios, and codes, and were trained in restraining and de-escalating crisis situations. When a kid with Intermittent Explosive Disorder decides to hurl a desk at your head, you'd best have another trained staff-member right there.

edit on 21-12-2012 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Cosmic911

I do agree. Anyone armed in a school should be a professional with the proper qualifications and background check.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 09:29 PM
link   

I wouldn't send my child to a school that didn't have some form of armed security.
What you don't seem to get is how your statement serves to define the bad craziness that is American gun culture. Sure we have cops that circulate among high schools, but they are there to connect with the kids...not provide armed security. What you describe is a nightmare. Good luck with it, eh?

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join