It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NRA wants armed guards in schools

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   
YOU can't defeat terrorism by disarmng. (of which these acts are, 'real or imaagined' as Henry K. would say))

Those who may still not realize the terrorist (and RELATED) nature of these acts for political change IMo are missing the obvious.

The whole idea is to take power from the (sovereign) individual and turn it over to 'The State'.

Frankilin was absolutely right. Don't be misled. He would well be considered a 'terrorist' nowdays (aren't they teaching that in some schools now? hmm..) for his views on the rights of the individual to Liberty and the schemes of those who attempt to steal it wrapped in--- collectivist--- 'safety'.

edit on 21-12-2012 by Tecumte because: sp.

edit on 21-12-2012 by Tecumte because: sp.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Good the cost of having armed guards, say 2 of them should be $100K a year easy. This cost should be transferred to the gun purchasers in the form of higher prices. Soon Cinema halls, shopping malls, universities, workplaces etc. should also ask for such armed guards and also more equiptment to battle out the suicidal gunman gone berserk. All these costs should be further piled on the gun purchasers. For what they pay $1K now will soon become $5K and gun control will indirectly be in place.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   
If the idea of arming everyone with a gun makes a country safe, then the US would already be the safest nation in the world.

Just saying.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Will be a good time for tons of new security jobs being created with all of our troops coming back from the middle east to a jobless economy.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlySolo
If the idea of arming everyone with a gun makes a country safe, then the US would already be the safest nation in the world.

Just saying.

No not really. In theory yes , but again ...no. Americans owing guns and more importandly the right to defend themselves is coming under contsant attack by Globalists, that are taking down country after country, wanting to take power away from citizens and give it to themselves (and cronies). No body has invaded yet (exceept perhaps under the radar...hmmm) , but I'd never rule anything out these days, it seems like nowdays we're being given the 'choice', a Big Brother 24/7 cradle to grave sureillance state (complete with citizen watching all seeing eye drones), or to allow the citizenry to be able to defend themselves. Who do you trust most? THAT is the question.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 06:52 PM
link   
A lot of schools already have a police or security guard in it.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by broctune
Will be a good time for tons of new security jobs being created with all of our troops coming back from the middle east to a jobless economy.

I doubt if our troops will be here long enough to find a job here in the US with Syria and Iran wars just starting up that we will surely be involved in. It's just a matter of time; our involvement in the mid East will never end.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by NarrowGate

Perhaps that is why NRA jumped in to give an alternate suggestion, one that would be logistically impossible. This way when the UN comes in and joins forces with the US, the people will comply peacefully, well some of them anyway...

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   
The ignorance, trolling, arguing for arguments sake, etc in this thread does not help. I think this is part of the problem is people think there entitled to talk and not listen. No wonder America has the Congress and Senate they have had for the last 40 some odd years.

The 2nd Amendment and our Constitution was meant to be a long lasting guide to Freedom not some document that you can knit pick to the nth degree. The argument of Gun Control (notice the second word CONTROL) is just that, another means to Control us and take our Freedoms away. Remember when Bush bombed Iraq and Ahfghanistan probably killing 100 times as many kids than were killed in CT, HARDLY ANYONE SAID A WORD!!!

Now, does armed guards at schools solve the problem of Pchycos shooting up Schools?? Probably not 100% but it sure raises the question that it would deter some of these shootings. Also, I have only seen a couple mentions of social media, but now in this Country with Facebook, Twitter, etc. the pace of news and hysteria breeds like wild fire. Everyone holds a vigil showing how concerned they are. BS!!!! This Country needs to pull itself up from its boot straps and really start thinking about the actual problems we are facing.

Our kids are so disconnected Mentally to what is going on around them but are so quick to post some half hearted Twitter/Facebook message about there thoughts on some tragedy that became viral. Someone posted some information on the violence in Chicago, which coincidently has some of the harshest gun control laws, where the shootings number in the HUNDREDS with over 2 THOUSAND rounds of ammunition used. Where is the outcry for that. Gun Control will not WORK, EVER!!!! Drug Control wont work EVER!!! You know why?? WE ARE STILL A FREE COUNTRY!!!

Ill just leave this here: Norway 80 dead

There are crazy people who use guns. There are gangsters that use guns. There are hunters that use guns.

Now, the question becomes what will Banning Guns do??

1. If our Government needs to be changed, we as a society could not do it by force.
2. A crazy person will use Bombs, Knives, Molotov Coktails, Homemade Guns, etc. whatever would be needed to conflict the harm they want.
3. The Deer, Wild Turkey, Quail, Wild Boar, etc. populations would skyrocket and Liberals (People) will start complaining that these animals are encroaching on there neighborhoods and should be killed. But wait, OXYMORON, they dont allow the killing of Innocent Animals.

I say BAN BIG PHARMA and BAN Providing unproven drugs to our Kids. That would for sure solve some of this problem. Also, Ban 3/4's of our dumb Politicians who seem to think they know everything that is good for us especially when they have no clue what the average citizen goes through on a daily basis.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 07:18 PM
link   
The answer is definitely not in turning schools into police state fascist NAZI places. Would never send a child to anything like that, EVER. Common sense applies. Bad leaders and government, that serve evil corporations, not citizens, but you only get to vote for the very few bad guys they pull up and force to lead the parties.

1. Don't ever again vote for a single one of them. Cooperate, meet up, get organized and choose your own people, just ordinary folk, nurses not doctors, teachers aids, day care workers, janitors, not lawyers, not ex military, not anything with wealth, bloodlines, masonry, mystery school of any kind behind them. And select a huge grass roots group, because it will be a very dangerous job, and have thousands of body guards of real people. Quit supporting these murderers. They need jail, not the most respected jobs in the country and huge never ending pensions and benefits.

2. While that should be the election plan, Freedom and Equality cannot be only applicable when you cast a ballot, so inbetween elections, do all you can to make so much noise and stink, that these guys understand, you don't believe anything they say, none of it, they're talking nonsense every day, and never ever support any official stories, that you blame for all crimes in your nation, from Aurora to Sandy Hook, they don't fool you, and phone, write in, visit, line up, and bug them 100% of the time, day and night by the thousands and millions and flood the newspapers with your refusal to accomodate any of their plans,

Period.

Its up to us, to secure a future and safety for our children in a free world.
edit on 21-12-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by JibbyJedi
When will they implement expert drivers in every vehicle on the road?
You know, just in case one of us decides to use our cars as weapons.

Keep making all those Call Of Duty shoot em' up games by the truck load though.
Those don't desensitize kids & young adults at all, it's the guns that do all the damage.

Says the person sporting a "Michone" avatar!

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   
I watched the whole press conference and he has some points along the line of the fact that we post armed guards in banks to protect our money, at stadiums for sporting events, at buildings where our politicians work so why not at our schools. As much as we want to wish firearms away, we can't and that is a reality that we have to live with. Being the warmongering society that we are, we need to try to hedge against attacks like this in the future and trying to legislate guns away won't work. Look at how well that worked with the drug war...

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   
remove please
edit on 21-12-2012 by AnimositisominA because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 07:30 PM
link   

NRA wants armed guards in schools

SO DO I.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Infra_red
I watched the whole press conference and he has some points along the line of the fact that we post armed guards in banks to protect our money, at stadiums for sporting events, at buildings where our politicians work so why not at our schools.

I want armed guards in every bathroom I happen to visit, and also the dentist's office. I'm alarmed by the fact that when I shop at Walmart I don't see people dressed in ballistic nylon outfits, toting H&K submachine guns. I'm appalled that the local library (where kids often congregate) does not have a machine gun nest on the roof, sandbags and all. The fact that our county does not hire enough bus marshals, plaincloth heroes who need to be on every bus, armed with Desert Eagle, speaks for itself. As to the county offices, I would say a little tactical nuke has to be placed there just in case, when we need to wipe out a small but determined group of attackers. As to the kids themselves, they need to be taught the technique of shooting curare-tipped darts when they feel they are in danger.

What a lovely place it is going to be!

That NRA spokesman == NUT.

edit on 21-12-2012 by buddhasystem because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 07:44 PM
link   
The NRA is trying to create a big hype just like the Doomsday hype.

I hope it doesn't happen. If it does, you can see your taxes increase significantly. I don't believe having police officers at school will decrease the chance of killers attacking children. Might as well put a huge brick wall around all schools if you want protection.

Just my two cents.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skywatcher2011
The NRA is trying to create a big hype just like the Doomsday hype.

I hope it doesn't happen. If it does, you can see your taxes increase significantly. I don't believe having police officers at school will decrease the chance of killers attacking children. Might as well put a huge brick wall around all schools if you want protection.

Just my two cents.

In the large town next to my village the High schools are enclosed by a chain link fence with razor wire on top;
But it's to keep the students IN and not for protection from outside attackers.

There are also city cops on campus but to keep the kids in line, not for their protection either.

Surrealistic pillow....
edit on 21-12-2012 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by RedmoonMWC

I agree, this should be handled at the local level.

At many inner city, high crime areas, there is already a large police presence at some schools. So it's not like this hasn't been explored before. No one is reinventing the wheel here.

In some schools maybe just a teacher with a paddle would work, but then again who would have thought some nut would shoot up a K-4th elementary school?

But yeah, let the local populations decide how much security they need at their schools. Just keep the Federal Govt. out of it.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 08:04 PM
link   
The war is not about guns.
Guns are a massive propaganda machine to create and make money.
TPTB have much stronger ways to control the mass population.. Guns won't matter but there are too many people to even do these plans at the moment. There is a need to cut down the population.
Man is to volatile for such a take over to commence without destruction of the populace or the populace destructs itself. Which we are doing. Whomever has the gold makes the rules.

TPTB are building up their arsenal via hidden tunnels and areas (mountains, underground towns). Laws won't make much a difference when there is a fight v flight scenario for every person. The arsenal stays with nuclear weapons, radio waves to control the mind and all other sensory divisive devices.

The people who run the medication industry also create too much money. There is a need to end such a monster. Children are over diagnosed, controlled and manipulated by these drugs. This won't stop unless people realize it. The gun control objective is another distraction. Nobody is going to give away their guns, there will always be an avenue to find them.

Armed guards and school may have helped stop this incident but the bigger picture rolls on and won't be stopped unless mankind comes together...

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by lacrimaererum
This is pure and simple wild west hokum.

Only thing to stop a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun. eh?

How many good guys shoot the wrong people?

How many kids get hold of the good guys gun and shoot themselves or their friends by accident.

Were bad guys always bad guys or is it possible sometimes a good guy good turns into a bad guy. What if your good guy with a gun turns into a bad guy.

This is cowboy horse crap. Its the kinda crap you hear in old westerns.

The NRA seems to think there is not enough guns out there. They now want more people with guns.

Why don't you tell me...

how many good guys DO shoot the wrong person?

How many kids Do get a hold of a good guys gun and shoot somebody or themselves?

Do you have any statistics or are you just spouting hypothetical situation?

How about: How many good guys stop a crime from happening with a gun? That's one statistic you all forget to factor in..

edit on 21-12-2012 by mwood because: (no reason given)

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join