It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It seems like the skeptics have more anxiety than everyone else.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+19 more 
posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 01:21 AM
link   
I understand you want to show that your right and the 2012ers are wrong but some of these threads and comments are ridiculous. Like the one that says 2012 LIARS. It seems that they are mad simply because someone chose to believe something other than what they believe. 2012 isn't even the most ridiculous topic on ATS. Or are the skeptics simply mad that so many people are talking about it. Some of these comments seem more like self reassurance.

Personally I think the 2012ers are justified in there beliefs no matter how mundane they seem. To me it seems these are the people who want and are willing to accept change. I mean lets face it the world is going to sh|t and the status quo is obviously not working. So what's wrong with wanting change? With that being said I can't speak for the people who thought they were going to die. I don't think any of the 2012 topics were fear mongering intentionally or that they had any malicious intent. You can never tell how people will interpret and use information.

What I saw in the 2012 crowd was more like hope for change in a world that is going down hill. This has certainly been the most fun, sad, depressing, uplifting, enlightening year of my life. This year has shaped who I am more than any other in my life. The world is obviously headed for change and that's a fact, just look at the news. Who said everything has to happen at once? 2012 has been an exciting turning point in my life and synchronicity keeps happening at an alarming rate. I think the new age is going to bring a lot more change in the coming years. I know I've changed a lot for the better. And if I had been a skeptic I would still have my old boring depressing life.

I think the hard core skeptics fear change because they feel they have so much invested in there life that they don't want anything to change for better or worse. To me that's sad. How do you advance from that point in life? I'm glad I chose believe in something strange. Life seems so much more fun. I feel like I got that childlike sense of wonder back.

So now that we're going into a new age are you happy about the person you are and where your life is heading? If not then I think you've missed the point of 2012

This is definitely a rant
edit on 21-12-2012 by asher because: Thanks AdAstra

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 01:23 AM
link   
I'm mostly anxious just because of the mayhem that this may cause for a specific few. I dislike the idea of people offing themselves or others just because they're freaking out over a date writhe with nothing but hysteria. It's quite sickening actually.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 01:25 AM
link   
I can tell you right now I'm losing my mind. I'm scared to the point of that sinking feeling in my chest. I think its because im a open minded individual and though i doubt anythings going to happen it is still in the back of my mind. What if.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 01:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Myomistress

Good point. But like said people that provide information or beliefs can't decide how others interpret it. The same thing you said can be applied to anyone with an extremist mindset. I think the people who want to off themselves probably had some screws loose before 2012. Not to be rude but that's applying survival of the fittest to human society.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 01:31 AM
link   
It seems many have missed the point of 2012. Well said OP

Now let us see how long before the crazy people start posting.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 01:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Radec

The thing you have to do is find that balance. If you look too hard into this stuff you go crazy. I've been there at one point. What I did was focus on the things I found interesting and applied them to my situation. Then again I'm with the Synchronicity and Enlightenment people which could be considered the less extreme part of the 2012 spectrum of beliefs. Take everything with a grain of salt and believe only what you feel is right for you.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 01:37 AM
link   
reply to post by asher

I wish i could, maybe im just to weak minded to be here. It seems like this 2012 thing has just been crammed down peoples throats so much that it almost feels like it has to be true. I've been sitting in my dining room for the past 8 hours looking at the sky out my window. I think that this has affected me far to much and feel that i might have gone crazy. I love this site but it has ruined me at the same time.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 01:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Radec

I understand sometimes when I'm on the Internet I make a conscious decision not to get on this site. It's not healthy to get on ATS refreshing the page waiting for something to happen
edit on 21-12-2012 by asher because: Cuz

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 01:42 AM
link   
reply to post by asher

I agree wholeheartedly (especially but not exclusively with the title of the thread.
)
It's very perceptive of you.

As somebody who never thought anything dramatic would happen today, or on the 23rd (and I know I am early, yes), I think this "gloating" is beyond ridiculous.
And what's with the sitting here at all hours writing threads about the exact minute the 2012 forum should be closed? So they were THAT scared themselves?

For someone who thought it is all hogwash they sure do dwell a LOT on this.

edit on 21-12-2012 by AdAstra because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 01:45 AM
link   
reply to post by asher

Well said asher.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 01:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by asher
It seems that they are mad simply because someone chose to believe something other than what they believe.

How does it seem like that?
The people who believe in it are mad because their beliefs are based on nonsense. In fact, the people who do not believe in this might not even "believe" in other things either. Only accept facts rather than "believe" in random theories.

2012 isn't even the most ridiculous topic on ATS.

It's hard to tell which topic is more ridiculous than the other here.

Or are the skeptics simply mad that so many people are talking about it. Some of these comments seem more like self reassurance.

If we try to use our logic here... Even IF there were more ridiculous theories on this site, it still doesn't make this one not ridiculous. How your logic makes that "self reassurance" is puzzling.

Personally I think the 2012ers are justified in there beliefs no matter how mundane they seem.

Just like religion, people are allowed to believe in whatever nonsense they wish.

To me it seems these are the people who want and are willing to accept change.

I think the obsession in believing in things like this are to fill a void in a somewhat empty life. To make the world seem more dramatic than it is.

I mean lets face it the world is going to sh|t and the status quo is obviously not working. So what's wrong with wanting change?

Most people who are somewhat good-hearted want to change things that have gone bad. Believing in a nonsense theory because of that is still nonsense. The time might be better used to focus on the real world rather than fantasies.

This year has shaped who I am more than any other in my life.

Does that mean that my comment above of filling a void and making life more meaningful was quite accurate?

I think the hard core skeptics fear change because they feel they have so much invested in there life that they don't want anything to change for better or worse.

Not being bothered about nonsense is not being a hard-core skeptic. It's being wise.
It has nothing to do with one's own life.

To me that's sad.

Listen to yourself. You're just making things up as you go, and then shaking our head to the sadness?
You are giving a defense-speech about your own false beliefs and trying to deflect it onto people that have nothing to do with this 2012 nonsense.

How do you advance from that point in life? I'm glad I chose believe in something strange. Life seems so much more fun. I feel like I got that childlike sense of wonder back.

People who do not believe in this nonsense have no "point" to advance from?
This thing is in your head, not in those who didn't believe in this.

So now that we're going into a new age are you happy about the person you are and where your life is heading? If not then I think you've missed the point of 2012
This is defiantly a rant

Ah.. so your 2012 still lives.
Nevermind.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 01:53 AM
link   
reply to post by asher

There was no single 2012 crowd, everyone had a different theory. That in mind there was also no single point to be missed in 2012 either... Everyone is a skeptic including you, unless of course you believe every single thread that gets posted here is fact.

There is no point in trying to segregate skeptics/non-skeptics as if every 2012 proponent shared the same beliefs. They were all uniquely misinformed.

Regardless of that, I don't understand why anxiety levels are relevant. Anyone with a December 21st doomsday prediction was still wrong. Being less anxious won't change a thing.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 02:04 AM
link   
The only thing about Dec 21st I am worrying about is the snow storm coming because I'd hate to lose power so I can't watch my new 42" Vizio.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 02:05 AM
link   
reply to post by asher

post removed because OP never responded to my contribution!
edit on 21-12-2012 by Revolution9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 02:07 AM
link   

Personally I think the 2012ers are justified in there beliefs no matter how mundane they seem.

How can their believes be justified? Using that, any believe should be able to be justified then, no?

When there is scientific data showing that nothing will happen, and some still choose to ignore it, and rather believe in fiction, I struggle to see the justification in that.

vvv

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 02:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by centrifugal

Anyone with a December 21st doomsday prediction was still wrong. Being less anxious won't change a thing.

I wasn't aware the 21st was over and that the winter solstice already came. Oh wait...

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 02:08 AM
link   
I think skeptics were more willing to accept change since they didn't much care if the world ended or continued on. They simply went on about their business.

On the other hand, the ones flailing their heads and hands about the "Changes" that were coming... Doesn't it seem like they had more problems accepting something might be different in the coming future?

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 02:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Nevertheless

Man you wrote a lot. The part that resonated with me is when you said people are free to believe in any nonsense they want. So why not just chill out and let them believe. Why do you care about what others believe so much even if it is nonsence. Yeah my belief has filled a void but life has been anything but empty. Your obviously bothered by my nonsence seeing as how you just wrote one of the longest comments on my thread. This whole thread was made up as a go I don't have much invested in this site and I'm ranting from my IPhone. I'm not in defense of my beliefs and for me they aren't wrong. What I believe is based on my life and it works for me it makes me a happier person. And yeah my 2012 still lives until New Years. Duh

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 02:24 AM
link   
reply to post by centrifugal

Well everyone is skeptical about something. I actually don't fully believe in anyone of the beliefs on ATS. I just look at the experience others are having and compare them to mine and do research on the side. And I'm pretty sure no one has the exact same belief as me. To me anxiety causes me to over think things and stresses me out. I never had a doomsday prediction. If being less anxious doesn't change anything I'm pretty sure being more anxious stresses you out more and could lead to irrational behavior. Like suicide for fear of the world ending. But then again that only applys to an extremist mindset.
edit on 21-12-2012 by asher because: Cuz

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 02:30 AM
link   
reply to post by VreemdeVlieendeVoorwep

The thing is no matter how hard you "struggle to see the justification" there is nothing you can do to make them change there mind. Beliefs don't have to be justified

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join