It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It seems like the skeptics have more anxiety than everyone else.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 02:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by asher
reply to post by Radec

The thing you have to do is find that balance. If you look too hard into this stuff you go crazy. I've been there at one point. What I did was focus on the things I found interesting and applied them to my situation. Then again I'm with the Synchronicity and Enlightenment people which could be considered the less extreme part of the 2012 spectrum of beliefs. Take everything with a grain of salt and believe only what you feel is right for you.
I've been going through the same experience, at some point this this year it was just too much and I had an epiphany and realized I should just takes what best and make the most of it

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 02:33 AM
link   

I understand you want to show that your right and the 2012ers are wrong but some of

Personally I think the 2012ers are justified in there beliefs no matter how mundane they seem.

Oh my goodness.

Do people STILL make this american typo? I thought all the Dilbert comics, Abstruse Goose comics and others would have corrected that by now.

i7.aijaa.com...

But apparently this list just has to keep growing, no matter how much in shame it puts people.

americantypo.site11.com...

You might have had a good point otherwise, but I just couldn't continue reading after two such hits. I have a sensitive stomach, and your post started to hurt it, ouch. It's my fault for continuing to read optimistically after the first hit, so I am not blaming you for my stomach pain. I am merely explaining why I couldn't keep reading your post..

Not to mention how hard it is to trust anyone being intelligent enough to tell me something I don't know already, if they can't even type the simplest language of the world correctly (that is probably their 'native language' as well!).

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 02:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Aquarius2150

Originally posted by Aquarius2150
It seems many have missed the point of 2012. Well said OP

Now let us see how long before the crazy people start posting.

didnt real............check check

I didnt realize that 12/21/2012 would morph from pole shift to Solar Flairs to world war to new age enlightenment to its all in the meaning of Christmas kind of an illumination................................................................................................................did you from the start?
edit on 21-12-2012 by racer451 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 02:41 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

When you say "the ones flailing their heads and hands" you send the wrong type of image to people reading this for one thing. It's more like sitting down and typing. Most people no matter what they believed are just going about there business. I know I am. I'm more optimistic about the future. So far the only people who seem to be reacting to nothing happening are the skeptics.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 02:43 AM
link   
reply to post by racer451

Well any idea about the future is just an idea. Ideas morph all the time. Look at how much science has morphed

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 02:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Shoujikina

I don't care to much about stuff like that. If it makes you feel better I only read like three lines of your post.
edit on 21-12-2012 by asher because: Cuz

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 02:54 AM
link   

Man you wrote a lot. The part that resonated with me is when you said people are free to believe in any nonsense they want. So why not just chill out and let them believe.

I am "chilling out". I'm just curious if it's possible to get any logical answers from people who believe in these things, and see if this is the main reason why they believed in it in the first place.
So yes, you are still free to believe in whatever you want.
It's just that you're in a discussion forum, creating a thread and then asking why I'm replying. That either does not make any sense.

Why do you care about what others believe so much even if it is nonsence.

Can you please tell me how much I care about what others believe?
Again it seems like you've created an inaccurate picture of what is going on.
See, this is what fascinates me.

Your obviously bothered by my nonsence seeing as how you just wrote one of the longest comments on my thread.

Again, a false conclusion. What on earth does the length of other people's post in this very thread have to do with me being bothered? Whoever answers to your thread and how long/short their messages are, have very little do with my level of bother.
The real answer I already stated. Simple fascination.

This whole thread was made up as a go I don't have much invested in this site and I'm ranting from my IPhone. I'm not in defense of my beliefs and for me they aren't wrong.
What I believe is based on my life and it works for me it makes me a happier person. And yeah my 2012 still lives until New Years. Duh

That might explain things a bit. You've also created new beliefs about me, rather than relying on.. well, reality and making it "real" in your head. Somekind of artificial parallel universe detached from what is really going on?

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 03:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Nevertheless

If your looking for hard facts about somebody's prediction of the future you probably won't get any. And nobody has any obligation make you believe either. I didn't ask why you replied. I asked why you don't just let them believe In what they want to without scrutinizing them. No I can't tell you how much you care. You just seem a little worked up. Maybe it seems like a lot of work to quote my post because I'm using a IPhone.

Well there's only so much I can know about you over the Internet. But artificial universe thing was nice. I've often wondered about such things and it dose go hand in hand with my belief. I think reality is based off of the perspective of the viewer and when you make a choice you alter that perspective. I also believe there are infinite realities and anything is possible. So maybe I am in some type of artificial reality. The thing is it benefits me. But what makes a person crazy? Are crazy people in some type of artificial reality themselves? And what decides who is sane or insane.

That was kind of a rant

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 03:22 AM
link   

reply to post by VreemdeVlieendeVoorwep

The thing is no matter how hard you "struggle to see the justification" there is nothing you can do to make them change there mind. Beliefs don't have to be justified

But, you just said their believes are justified? 0_o, now you say it doesn't need to be justified? A little contradictory.

So you going on blind faith then? Ok.

All I wanted to know, thanks mate.

vvv
edit on 21-12-2012 by VreemdeVlieendeVoorwep because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 03:36 AM
link   
reply to post by VreemdeVlieendeVoorwep

I'm not going off blind faith. What I believe is backed by the things I've experienced in my life. Now if I tried to make someone believe me then they would be going of blind faith because they haven't had the same experience as me. My beliefs only work 100 percent for me and susceptible to change. I'm saying the beliefs are justified because of the fact the fact that they don't have to be justified. You only attempt to justify a belief if you have interest in it or if someone is trying to make you believe in it. Other wise you wouldn't even know if a belief exist.

Try and keep up bro

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 03:42 AM
link   
I honestly cant blame them for trying to rub this one in a little bit.

You do understand that people have committed suicide, spent life savings, alienated themselves from family and friends, and other wise ruined their lives over this BS.(not to mention been scared)

I think a some hurt feelings are the lesser of evils compared. This should be an example.

It is only natural.

I am not saying that we should be complete trolling jerks to them, but they should´nt get a free pass on this one. We are all wrong sometimes, Myself included, and so we have to deal with it. If I was never told WHY I failed I might repeat the behavior that led me to err if I could not see why myself.

edit on 21-12-2012 by zedVSzardoz because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 03:54 AM
link   
reply to post by zedVSzardoz

I understand people have ruined their lives. But no one told them to be so irrational. Everyone else shouldn't be tuanted for what they believed though. I think it's a good thing to have a open mind.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 05:29 AM
link   

reply to post by boncho

When you say "the ones flailing their heads and hands" you send the wrong type of image to people reading this for one thing. It's more like sitting down and typing. Most people no matter what they believed are just going about there business. I know I am. I'm more optimistic about the future. So far the only people who seem to be reacting to nothing happening are the skeptics.

Really? Could have sworn the whole doomsday movement was based on things that never happened. That doesn't count?

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 07:17 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

I don't know man I'm too high right now. Did you see that Rick Astley thread. It was funny. Is still think 2012 is dope

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by asher

I think the hard core skeptics fear change because they feel they have so much invested in there life that they don't want anything to change for better or worse. To me that's sad.

It's hard to swallow huh? I think you are simply suffering from a deep need to justify being wrong. People who debunked , made fun of, belittled the 2012'ers don't fear change. They simply didn't believe what the 2012'ers were saying would happen. It has nothing to do with the belief in "change", that's just you trying to feel better and justify something that has failed utterly.

V

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Personally I think the 2012ers are justified in there beliefs no matter how mundane they seem.

That depends on the degree to which 2012ers project the archetype of the apocalypse 'out there', as opposed to internalizing the archetype, along with the other archetypes, so that its their ego-self that ends (not the world) and is reborn (enlightenment).

Skeptics look around and see so much projected 'out there' that they think its supposed to be 'out there' in a mere objective sense. They think the apocalypse is supposed to be a literal historical event. So they don't try to activate the archetype in themselves. Hence they can't experience the mystical, psychic, consciousness-transforming aspect of whats going on.

edit on 21-12-2012 by BlueMule because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 09:58 AM
link   

edit on 103131p://bFriday2012 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 10:35 AM
link   
I was a skeptic since the beginning, ever since I was a dumb kid who ended up falling for the 2003 Planet X theories. But I won't dare rub it in peoples' faces, because that would be beyond hypocritical. We all make mistakes, we all fall for charismatic snake oil salesmen, and many times we're left empty handed going, "God I'm an idiot."

It's alright. It happens. Let us now use this time to be more critical and analytical about everything we hear. Faith can be a good thing if put into the right things, it gives us hope, but faith in man? Be very careful with that, because man is fallible, and what they say or do may hide intentions behind them that you wouldn't like very much.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by ManjushriPrajna

I think a lot of the skeptics including myself... werent so worried about an event like an invisible planet coming down and hitting us... or a magical pole shift thats impossible to happen... They were more worried about what would happen if the world didnt end... and these 2012ers who have put the last 3-5 years into this, who were "ready to die" will do when their hard junk science didnt come true....

I'm worried about it still, shootings and idiots... I just plan on laying low till Christmas everything will be better by Christmas

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by DrNotforhire

I don't think that's going to happen, actually. Preppers will still be prepared if a real scenario comes around, crazy people will just move onto yet another doomsday theory whenever someone decides to create one. I think the shift from "the world is going to end" is moving now towards "the world didn't end, but we're going to see mayhem and bloodshed like never before."

I would like to think humanity is beyond that these days, but they have surprised me before.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join