It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It seems like the skeptics have more anxiety than everyone else.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by ManjushriPrajna

If you believe the official story of the Conn. shooter, they were prepping for 2012.... he lost it... How many poeple have put their lives into this... thinking its a video game, slightly unstable... Or how mad people got when you disagreed and proved to them Niburu was junk science?

You don't think any of those people are snap worthy??? I wish I had your sense of trust in humanity... Cuz i sure dont

(good post)
edit on 21-12-2012 by DrNotforhire because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by asher
reply to post by racer451

Well any idea about the future is just an idea. Ideas morph all the time. Look at how much science has morphed

you actually want to compare 12/21/2012 phenomenon to SCIENCE???

edit on 21-12-2012 by racer451 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Oh goody...another one of those threads where they claim they are vastly superior to the simple minded peons.

December 21, 2012 is the biggest bust in woo-woo history.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   
I have no anxiety.. to me it's more annoying than it is anything else..

They had justification? ... says who? .. Anyone who does any research on their own would know that the Mayans never predicted an apocalypse and that they have dates beyond today... there's no justification for it .. those who really believed today was the end were not doing research, they were just taking in what other people say and assuming it to be true.. they followed the movies, the tv shows.. they did no real research on their own.. that's not exactly smart.

I have no pitty for those who were taken in by this nonsense.. but I'm not going to create I told you so threads.. instead, I would rather the topic just finally be put to rest.... but that won't happen..and soon ATS will be loaded with new doomsday predictions based on some other sort of nonsense..

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   
The skeptics are the most anxious? Nope, pretty sure that title belongs to all of the morons hiding out in bunkers.

The only thing I was thinking about is all of the nutters running around and doing something stupid and hurting innocent people.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by phoenixlights321
The skeptics are the most anxious? Nope, pretty sure that title belongs to all of the morons hiding out in bunkers.

The only thing I was thinking about is all of the nutters running around and doing something stupid and hurting innocent people.

yep I think thats what all the logical people are worried about... Im staying away from crowds till Christmas (when all this blows off and the armchair 2012ers all get their Wii U's)

But in reality.... The nutters could def. still do something today thinking their world didnt end....

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Radec
I can tell you right now I'm losing my mind. I'm scared to the point of that sinking feeling in my chest. I think its because im a open minded individual and though i doubt anythings going to happen it is still in the back of my mind. What if.

Scared of what?
Not a single scenario described was validated by science as being anything abnormal.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   
It's self-indulgent to come on these threads and attack true believers. Yesterday I made a comment about 2012 believers and then later on when I was getting ready for bed I felt guilty. I knew it was self-indulgent at the time to post. Attacking pathetic people is no better than beating up a cripple or proving you're smarter than a cat. The key to happiness is to actually help people, not to put them in their place. If putting someone in their place makes you feel better, you're insecure.

We've all been stupid before. Live and let live. People will come around. If they don't then they die or something, but so what. Dying like that isn't so bad. Living too long is just as miserable.

If you feel beat up, listen to some Motorhead - The Game. Don't you forget there's a price you can pay. I am the game and I want to play. You can win. Stop being a victim. People who ruminate about things too deeply don't act enough and hence fail at regaining control in their life.

I like this quote:
"Obstacles are those things you see when you take your eyes off the goal."

What this is saying is don't focus on the obstacles too much. To some extent, you have to believe you can win, no matter the odds. Form a strategy and act on it. Just do it.

Part of the reason I post here is because I AM insecure. I try to give advice that I could just as well give to myself. I know I'm broken. Maybe I want to help others like myself somehow.
edit on 21-12-2012 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by jonnywhite

Attacking pathetic people is no better than beating up a cripple or proving you're smarter than a cat. The key to happiness is to actually help people, not to put them in their place. If putting someone in their place makes you feel better, you're insecure.

Depends on how its done i suppose. I personally don't think pointing out someone is wrong is an "attack." Helping people understand they are/were wrong so that they don't get duped again is exactly why they need to go through some pain. A little pain is good. If it didn't hurt a bit you might do it again....

As for Preppers, i don't think 2012 is a big blow. There is nothing to say something else cant happen. We should all be prepared for trouble. Being ready for for the possibility of bad things to come is common sense.

V

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by asher

What I saw in the 2012 crowd was more like hope for change in a world that is going down hill.

What I got from your thread-I'm inclined to believe you do honestly feel this way, however.. I think that many of the 2012 crowd were searching for something entirely different, and their reason; Boredom! How incredibly lackadaisical and selfish for those type. We have choices so.. if this place is going down hill it's up to us to change that, and each of us in our own way

I think the hard core skeptics fear change because they feel they have so much invested in there life that they don't want anything to change for better or worse. To me that's sad. How do you advance from that point in life?

Maybe. I can only speak for myself though and some incredible life changing event to come along suddenly I would not find exciting.. not if I felt absolutely no control over it. It's not fear that makes me feel this way, it's simple really (for me). I've been through many changes (some drastic) in my life and at one point I realized that my goal from this certain point on was to find a place of peace. A quiet sense of tranquility and comfort, without all of the drama associated with acquaintances who I thought were friends. I've been through & witnessed a lot to get where I am emotionally and spiritually, and to have the rug pulled out from me now would feel like so much of a test that I'm not prepared for-quite. I'd like to rest a bit and enjoy my surroundings for a while..just a little while.

So now that we're going into a new age are you happy about the person you are and where your life is heading?

I like the person I am, but there is certainly room for improvement, and as to where I'm headed.. now that part I'm ok with the whole rug being pulled out-I'm ready to go wherever this world wants me.. or maybe I'll take the wheel awhile, but I want that choice.

Just something I want to add, but not necessarily aimed at you at all, and that is that I feel strongly that some folks were really hoping for this 2012 thing to do something-something for them. Almost as if they can't make their own decisions or make their own path.. and wanted some line drawn for them.. to make their minds up for them, and are disappointed and feeling deflated because they realize that this isn't going to happen, that they have to actually think about and decide what they want out of life.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   
It's funny how peeps can't accept that they were totally wrong.
There's been 10 YEARS of this crap mate. Take it on the chin now, because it's only been one day for your so called skeptics.
I've had to put up with this crap for ages. The tables have turned hahah.
edit on 21-12-2012 by ParaSpy2012 because: I told you so

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Dont worry we got this. Its a positive retribution. Let there be light!!

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by ParaSpy2012
It's funny how peeps can't accept that they were totally wrong.
There's been 10 YEARS of this crap mate. Take it on the chin now, because it's only been one day for your so called skeptics.
I've had to put up with this crap for ages. The tables have turned hahah.
edit on 21-12-2012 by ParaSpy2012 because: I told you so

It is the power of human belief and wisdom
So no, you will never take that away, ever.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by miniatus
I have no anxiety.. to me it's more annoying than it is anything else..

They had justification? ... says who? .. Anyone who does any research on their own would know that the Mayans never predicted an apocalypse and that they have dates beyond today... there's no justification for it .. those who really believed today was the end were not doing research, they were just taking in what other people say and assuming it to be true.. they followed the movies, the tv shows.. they did no real research on their own.. that's not exactly smart.

I have no pitty for those who were taken in by this nonsense.. but I'm not going to create I told you so threads.. instead, I would rather the topic just finally be put to rest.... but that won't happen..and soon ATS will be loaded with new doomsday predictions based on some other sort of nonsense..

Exactly. The point is not doom and destruction.

The point Is potential energy that can be used for.positive self recognition and growth. Methinks anyway.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Variable

Well the thing is nothing failed for my belief of what would happen on 2012. But didn't believe In a doomsday and planed to carry on with normal life life. But I still think that people should be able to voice their beliefs on ATS without being made fun off.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Hey, don't look at me. I'm a skeptic and my only concern is that everyone is happy, healthy, and safe. There are those of us skeptical of the 2012 shift, event, or whatever one wishes to call it, that don't feel any anger or hostility towards believers.

I think some people's anger, whether they admit it or not, might be chalked up to what George Carlin once said. "Scratch a cynic hard enough and you'll find a disappointed idealist." Every time a prediction like this happens it's a reminder to some of beliefs they once held and became deeply disillusioned by, and they want to convince others not to be similarly deluded... but a small part of them also wishes it could be true, as they once believed themselves.

That's just a guess, though.

Peace.
edit on 12/21/2012 by AceWombat04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by racer451

I wasn't comparing 2012 to science. I was saying that ideas can change. Like how ideas in science have changed over time. I thought that was a pretty clear cut analogy. Good job messing that up

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by ParaSpy2012

Yeah some people were totally wrong. But if your referring to me in your post I should say that I never thought the world would end or anything bad would happen.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by asher

I'm not referring to you or anyone in particular.
Just the new agey types who promoted it in general.

ETA: it does look like I was talking to you directly, but I wasn't.

Just in general mate.
edit on 21-12-2012 by ParaSpy2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by BlueMule

But the waking of seed:s (or whatever you wanna call it) is not specified to 21/12/2012. I was hoping for some kind of different day, and for some souls that change have happened today, but I have no indication that it is any different than any other day. I have not had any different day than normal. Still have a mind/ego that is feed up with this world/systems and a body that is a bit high and extreamly comfortable because off the pineal glands chemicals created naturally in me.

Normal day except I made sure I was around my parents just in case something would happen.
edit on 21-12-2012 by LittleByLittle because: Spellchecking

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join