It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

L:lol:L what's with all these "prophets" of "nothing will happen"?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   
I believe we are more fascinated about US and all the things WE believe or dont believe. We are quite an extraordinary species..

We have always surrounded ourselves with beliefs and rituals from ancient to modern times, we are no different than people few thousands years ago, we are easily manipulated to believe something which might not be true.

Im fascinated about this side of us and actually have tried to find live cam from bugarach to observe people who expect something to happen.. i hope people there use atleast youtube

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by parkourer

we really need an audio emoticon here on ATS one with mr. spock stateing "Pure Ignorance" or something like that.

reply to post by goou111

do they actually believe, saying/posting/spamming "nothing will happen" 20+ times a day on the 2012 forum is going to get results? lol, and how can that be possible when you do not subscribe to the Magical Paradigm or know how to actually effectuate Change according to your Will?

imagine that, believing they can preempt and cancel the Eschaton/New Aeon/Change by the power of their word.

they claim "nothing will happen" whilst transforming before our very eyes!

my, my, so many with reading comprehension probs.
or are you a magus of the Dark Side ?
L
L

Originally posted by zonetripper2065
UM nothing will happen.

your confidence is inspiring.
NOT!

edit on 20-12-2012 by DerepentLEstranger because: added edit and comment

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   

You must have missed it....Terrence Mckenna made it up while under the influence of drugs. Little clockwork elves came to him in a mushroom trip and told him the world will end on December 21st 2012. Expect a "hahahaha in your face" message tomorrow.
edit on 20-12-2012 by zonetripper2065 because: (no reason given)

Thats like saying " bet you will not win the lotto tomorrow."

Predicting nothing will happen is not impressive since you have the odds. As said, claiming you know the future 100% is as ignorant att beliving something will happen tomorrow 100%

So lol all you want tomorrow, it just shows you don't get it.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by denver22
The main thing is don't keep pulling on it down in the basements inbetween eating pizzas go
out get a woman have fun have babies or get a brass go get some sun shun those charlatans..

To the op leave your wand alone you will go blind

lol Genin-san

my Jutsu is greater than your Jutsu ,
never mind my katana

and i own my own home left to me by my granma [my mama]

"Those who fondle their genitals, cannot practice yoga"
- Patanjali

apparently they haven't gotten to how important conserving ones Jing is at the Ryu yet?
Neh? Genin-san?
edit on 20-12-2012 by DerepentLEstranger because: L
L

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   
I would love to see some sort of world wide transformation happen tomorrow. I really would. I wish it could be true that the 21st is special and transformative, but sh*t, it's just not true. No sweeping transformation will be externally imposed upon anyone by the date or by any change agents associated with the arrival of this date. Some people might feel as if something is happening to them, but hell, placebo pills generally compete pretty well with actual drugs in clinical trials, so "feeling something" doesn't mean that anything is happening to you.

Today is a really, really crappy weather day. I just hope that tomorrow is better, and less raw outside. That'll be plenty enough transformation for me. Hell, I've already put my money where my mouth is on this issue. I'm settled on this matter and not even awaiting verification.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Yeah you can comfortably say no Mayan apocalypse will happen, because it was made up in the 70's by Terrance Mckenna, yes the shroom head...
The Mayans know what will happen in a few thousand years but they sure didn't see the conquistadors coming.

perhaps they were as jaded and corrupt a society as our own.

and listened to the "prophets" of "nothing will happen" of the day?

and you are putting words in my mouth
not a doomer, as stated in the OP

perhaps you'd like to read it again?

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by dollukka

Belief as a tool

Chaos magic theory says that belief can be an active magical force. It emphasizes flexibility of belief and the ability to consciously choose one's beliefs, hoping to apply belief as a tool rather than seeing it as a relatively unchanging part of one's personality.[7] Various psychological techniques are employed in order to induce flexibility of belief.[8] Other chaos magicians suggest that people do not need "belief" to work magic.[9] Austin Osman Spare asserts in the Book of Pleasure and various other works that Will formulates Desire which promulgates Belief.
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by NorEaster

that does sound a tad defeatest

"‘Tis not too late to seek a newer world…."

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Immanentizing the Eschaton of the Egregore?

I have no idea what you're talking about but I give you a few stars just for your words

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by DerepentLEstranger

lol Genin-san

my Jutsu is greater than your Jutsu ,
never mind my katana

That's not what the ladys say it was said that your sword bent when i was stright to the point.

"Those who fondle their genitals, cannot practice yoga"
- Patanjali

All the more to stop waving it around best to keep it hidden
If the magician waves it around to much and plays with it he leaves himself open ..

apparently they haven't gotten to how important conserving ones Jing is at the Ryu yet?
Neh? Genin-san?

edit on 20-12-2012 by DerepentLEstranger because: L
L

Theres nothing wrong with my yang

P.S you have much to learn young jedi..
edit on 20-12-2012 by denver22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by denver22

those ladies you speak of must certainly be mistaken
as i've never set foot 'pon Albion
perhaps you are imagining them?
Jing

indeed someone does have much to learn

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by DerepentLEstranger

Lots of atheists on here, thats what I think it is.

Skeptical of everything.

To prophecize that a prophecy will pass unfulfilled is pretty backwards. Its like, so you dont subscribe to prophecy unless your .. the. one. who. makes. it... BAH!

Theyre just telling they're fear. Its not the end of the world because they are not ready to die. Its not the dawning of Aquarius because they like theyre smart phones to much. "I cant change so theres no way the world around me can!" Thats the logic, its fear based.
edit on 20-12-2012 by 1/2 Nephilim because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-12-2012 by 1/2 Nephilim because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by 1/2 Nephilim

indeed, imagine if everyone woke up one morning and discovered they'd become telepaths
quite a few folks would be terrified living in such a world.
all those psycho's in suits for starters.

thanks for getting the point regarding the "prophets" of "nothing will happen"

edit on 20-12-2012 by DerepentLEstranger because: added edit

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Let's not dismiss self fulfilling prophecies as well... There could be a bunch of people on a rooftop somewhere drinking special coolaid. The world might be ending for some people.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by DerepentLEstranger
reply to post by denver22

those ladies you speak of must certainly be mistaken
as i've never set foot 'pon Albion
perhaps you are imagining them?
Jing

indeed someone does have much to learn

Someone needs to learn when searching for ones location one needs to search in the right places
Considering you may be in england one can show me what skills one has at an appointed place and
time how about that for straight to the point without the use of a katana ..

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   
In my own thread, "Don't say 'Nothing will happen'", I distinguish between great events beyond human-control, on the one hand, and events caused by human action.

The whole point of the "2012" expectation was that there was expected to be an event of the first kind, whether world-ending or world-changing.
So I think it's quite legitimate to exclude events of the second kind. If any big human event takes place, like rioting. or massacre, or war, that doesn;t really count as a fulfilment of what was expected.
Especially if it was deliberately manufactured by groups or individuals to coincide with the day, or in response to the day.

That certainly isn't "sudden backpeddling", because I launched that thread three months ago.
"Something", in the sense or ordinary human events, is happening all the time. W'e're never without them.
But unless it's beyond previous human experience, it isn't "something" in the sense of the original expectation.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Nothing has happened.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Lots of things will happen tomorrow.

Babies will be born, people will die, accidents will happen, someone will win a prize that makes their year, millions of cows will fart, the sun will rise, and it'll set...

Civilization will not end tomorrow.

I hope those who think it will enjoy their disappointment, and make sure they come right back here to ATS so the rest of the intelligent and sane people here can laugh at them

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Oddly enough, that's all I've seen on her and elsewhere on the net, everyone saying and joking about how nothing is going to happen. really haven't seen much (if any at all) on the actual "prophesy" that the world will end. I hope it's not one of those situations where since all other times it was a false alarm and everyone was scared/concerned yet nothing happened, where this might be the actual one and this time everyone is saying nothing will lol

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Majestic Lumen. really haven't seen much (if any at all) on the actual "prophesy" that the world will end.

My thread on the "day has arrived syndrome" half-predicted that believers in the various expectations would disappear from the boards on the day itself.
This was based on observation of what happened on previous "predicted" days.
However, it looks as though this applies only to the people expecting "doom", or at least some sort of public event.
The more optimistic "ascension" believers are still around.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join