It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

L:lol:L what's with all these "prophets" of "nothing will happen"?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 07:57 PM
link   
I know what I'll be doing tomorrow.

I'll get up, have some coffee, smoke a cigarette, go to work, come home, shower, meditate, do some house work, exercise, and then go and try to make the world a fractionally better place in whatever way I can.

I don't need magic, psychic powers, or immanentization of the eschaton. I have love, and really, that's all I need.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by DerepentLEstranger
reply to post by detachedindividual

Civilization will not end tomorrow.

all empires crumble, and all forms are impermanent

loling at your avy
may as well used palpatine

How many empires have crumbled, and what happened to them?

The British empire died, but Britain is still here.
The Roman empire ended, but the people didn't vanish into nothing, they continued on.

Empires might end, and the American empire is the next on the list. But that is not the end of civilization, it's the end of a governing power and system of civilian rule. It happens over many years, not with a lightening strike.

And why "loling" at my Avatar?
I notice you "laugh out loud" a lot, do you have Ellen there with you perhaps?

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 08:58 PM
link   

reply to post by Dustytoad

L
L dusty! they already are which is my point
some twit in NZ tweeted at 12AM NZ time "nothing happened"
lots of last minute negativity flying around too!
RLMFAO!

as for your precious one she is closer to Source/The Force than we who are engaged in recovering all that
is buried under by social conditioning and The Myths in Which [Wo]Men Sleep

Rolling laughing my floor a## off? lol
edit on 20-12-2012 by Ireminisce because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Nothing will happen. Prove me wrong!

But your post worries me, it's sounds confused. I can';t work out what your saying... but I'm saying NOTHING will happen anything close to a national crisis let alone a world one.

When 22nd comes around will you promise to go away?

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by detachedindividual

reply to post by detachedindividual

Civilization will not end tomorrow.

all empires crumble, and all forms are impermanent

loling at your avy
may as well used palpatine

How many empires have crumbled, and what happened to them?

The British empire died, but Britain is still here.
The Roman empire ended, but the people didn't vanish into nothing, they continued on.

Empires might end, and the American empire is the next on the list. But that is not the end of civilization, it's the end of a governing power and system of civilian rule. It happens over many years, not with a lightening strike.

And why "loling" at my Avatar?
I notice you "laugh out loud" a lot, do you have Ellen there with you perhaps?

I agree with everything you said. But your avatar is funny though.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by parkourer

Heres proof, Obama is still in the white house. Proof enough for yah?

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by DerepentLEstranger

You took those words and put them in your own mouth, that was not a response to you...unless you are also "parkourer" perhaps you'd like you'd like to get your crap straight before comin at me with your problem?.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 10:43 PM
link   

hahah hope your not referring to me? I predicted the world would not end in 2010... but for the moment it is true, but later on down the track, maybe in the year 2031, I will be proven wrong?

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 03:18 AM
link   

With your crazy thinking you sound like you have lost your mind in the Bermuda Triangle whilst powering up

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 03:43 AM
link   
Why do we have to be right or wrong can't we just say the doomsayers were right that something will eventually
happen to change the world! Those that said nothing will happen on the 21st were right as well cause nothing did happen on that day! We always so intent on proving someone else wrong like we never made bad choices or wrong predictions! Why do we revel in the humiliation of those around us? We have to realize that this behavior goes beyond childish! Is'nt it time we all grow up and just be happy that the world is still here! The truth is noone knows if some event triggered on the 21st will not cause the deterioration of TWAWKI! So don't go celebrating just yet! At least not until we live in an open, free and just society! Until then leave the celebrating for birthdays, newyears and Christmas!

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 04:03 AM
link   

It seems like you are bagging out those vaying nothing will happen and accusing them of now being scared. (I didn't bother reading all of your rant)
Just for the books. We didn't even bother doing our normal fortnightly shop last saturday. I think we have about 6 tins of soup in the house and some meat and veges in the freezer.
No arrows, no guns, heck, even 2 of my 3 fuel containers are empty. We don't need extra for a while and don't have to go to town until just after xmas. so I guess you're right, we're shaking in our boots here derep.

so for all of your smiling and laughing faces, your quoting of others, your fancy pics. blahhhhh

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 05:03 AM
link   

L
L

do they actually believe, saying/posting/spamming "nothing will happen" 20+ times a day on the 2012 forum is going to get results? lol, and how can that be possible when you do not subscribe to the Magical Paradigm or know how to actually effectuate Change according to your Will?

imagine that, believing they can preempt and cancel the Eschaton/New Aeon/Change by the power of their word.

Hmm, isn´t that exactly what the pro 2012 people are doing?

It´s actually quite simple. The rational and sane people say that 21st of December will be a day like any other. That is the normal point of view, and it shouldn´t demand a lot of data or proof to accept this theory.

The "2012 will change everything" point of view on the other hand is abnormal, and therefore demands proof and further analysis.

So who is in the wrong here? The weird 2012 crowd or the rest of the population.

Well, in about 12 or so hours, we will have the definite answer. I am looking forward to the excuses from the 2012 crowd already!

Here are my predicted top 5 excuses:

5: It was a simple math error, the REAL date is xx/yy/zzzz

4: "Normal" people are unaware of the change, because your consciousness still operates at the frequ......blabla

3: The date marks just the beginning of the change period, the changes will follow.

2: IT HAS HAPPENED, I FEEL SO ENLIGHTENED.

1: Well, I can´t give all away now, but if you buy this book.....

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 05:27 AM
link   
Sooo...it has happened and Texas is still as arrogant, ignorant, and superstitious as ever.

Somewhere in time, there's a mayan that has some 'splaining to do!

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 06:26 AM
link   
It is the end of the world.... The fantasy world.

I get all the "a change did happen!" people because yeah I'm sure this whole experience has changed you. Just like every other experience does. Like the time you found a new Breakfast cereal because the store ran out of your regular kind. I'm sure a lot of people of learned a lot from this whole experience.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 07:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by parkourer

Originally posted by zonetripper2065
reply to post by parkourer

Yeah you can comfortably say no Mayan apocalypse will happen, because it was made up in the 70's by Terrance Mckenna, yes the shroom head...
The Mayans know what will happen in a few thousand years but they sure didn't see the conquistadors coming.

Have proof of your future view? Do you have powers we should be aware of? Tell me more about how you can see in the future please, I'am truly facinated!

It goes like. take a sample of the population, in fact take them all, the whole world. Now pick any day of the year so far and for how many of them has "nothing significant happened" day to day, I'll have a guess at about 99.99% !! You can do this for every day of 2012 so far.

Conclusion for 99.99% of the worlds population nothing significant happens from one day to the next.

Prediction for the next day : nothing significant will happen.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 07:40 AM
link   
Being wrong is okay. That is what happens often. What is not so good is making the same mistakes time after time after time. That has been seen repeatedly in the 2012 discussions. Here are some examples:

1. Celebrities are not dying. They are faking their deaths to go into hiding in their shelters.
2. The government is moving to Colorado, Arkansas, or some other place because of coming doom.
3. The Denver airport has facilities to hold VIPs.
4. Elenin is going to destroy us.
5. A second Sun is going to destroy us.
6. A fictional planet is going to destroy us.
7. A photon belt is going to destroy us.
8. The Chinese wrote about 2012
9. The Egyptians wrote about 2012
10. The Hopi wrote about 2012
11. Giant earthquakes are happening
12. Tsunamis are coming
13. We are vibrating faster
14. DNA is now a triple helix
15. Every child is now an indigo or crystal

The list of failures is so long and so repetitive.

My question is whether or not people will ever learn from these ongoing failures? I would hope that understanding would eventually take place. That may not be the case.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Do you have any idea how irrational you sound?

Could it be that you are actually the nervous one? Nervous that all the irrational time and energy you spent promoting this nonsense is going to be for nothing?

Could it be that you are the type of person that lacks the intelligence and critical thinking skills to comprehend and understand reality? As a result you embraced illogical new age nonsense and conspiracies because you like the intrigue of it and now that December 21 2012 is about to pass you are worried about what you will dogmatically cling to next?

This day will pass like every other. You will make rationalizations about why nothing happened. You will point to everyday happenings that would have drawn no attention on any other day and you will proclaim "Look! The Mayans were right!"

I am sorry but from an intellectual point of view your post is bursting with nervousness that you might be wrong and a contempt for the people who remained rational in light of the end of the world nonsense.

The only thing that will end today is the multimillion dollar industry that preyed on people who were ignorant and unable to realize the beauty of reality and science. People who are unable to grasp the complexities of reality and science so they grasp what their intellect is capable of understanding. Something that adds intrigue to their boring lives.

This will be the only thing ending today and I for one am glad to see it go.

I will include this for posterity's sake...

...what I "predict" will happen is the new age doomsayers will claim that the 12/21/12 date was wrong and that the Mayan calender was interpreted wrong. After this claim they will create a new date to continue sucking in the ignorant.

Charlatans!

Future generations and ATSers please don't fall for this B.S. again. Remember to deny ignorance.
edit on 21-12-2012 by megabytz because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Snoopy1978

Texas is arrogant, because we can be. . . ignorant because there's too many southern baptists and superstitious because . . .

Well, I think I will spend the end of the world day planning to stand under a ladder with a mirror and my black cat Freya in each hand... then put Freya down so she can run away in front of me, then I'll step over the spot she vacated and break the mirror. Then, I'll get the salt shaker and spill some salt on top of the broken mirror. Then, I'll step out from under the ladder and cut my foot on broken mirror, trip, fall down and land on top of Freya. . .
Then while laying on the floor bleeding from my foot and in pain from my fall . . I'll take a pinch of the salt I spilled (which also contains tiny shards of mirror glass, so now my thumb and forefinger is bleeding) and throw it over my right shoulder... no wait; my left. . .After I finally get up, I'll sweep up the mirror and salt and bury in my neighbors yard to be rid of it. My neighbor will see me and call the police, who will take one look at how bloody I am and run into my house and ransack the entire place looking for the victim they assume I got ahold of...

Nah, Texans aren't superstitious... (knock on wood)
edit on 21-12-2012 by EdwynaGolden because: Sorry for the low blow on southern baptists. . . To each their own I always say. . . SOME of you are great :-) Much love!

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Dustytoad

its just another solostice. take it for what its worth. nothing major has or will happen.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Upthepunx

Merry Solstice!!! Happy Yule to all!!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join