It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Ban on Guns is not about saftey...

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kurokage
reply to post by racer451

And compared to the rest of the world how many gun totting lunies have gone on the rampage in American??

You need to take responsabilty for actions in American when it comes to gun ownership, most of you would prefer to jump up and down like a child when you take his toy away and just skip past the part of discussing the problem like adults.
edit on 20-12-2012 by Kurokage because: (no reason given)

Ok for one, I would like to ask that you understand the difference between a noun and an adjective.

American is an adjective that describes anything pertaining to America. America is where "rampages" take place. America is where "responsibility for gun ownership - needs to take place". I would appreciate it if you're so intent on worrying about America's rights, that you at least have some basic knowledge of the grammar associated with describing us, seeing as you keep using it incorrectly in almost all of your posts.

With that out of the way, why should we care what the rest of the world does? But ok, I will entertain the fact that this should be a global discussion for just a moment. In Cambodia, instead of using firearms they hold their women and children at machete point, rape them, THEN kill them while the others watch just before they themselves are butchered.

In The former Iraqi government, the women and children were butchered by the thousands by way of mustard gas because of a religious belief.

In parts of Central and South America, well they eat women and children because, well there are still cannibals.

Shall we go on and on about what is out there in the rest of the world? Or would you prefer to stop here before you embarass yourself?

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by luciddream

He was a serial killer, had target victims, had premeditated plans, had other reasons for killings which lasted OVER many years, not 5 secs shooting spree on school kids out on impulse because he had a gun.

dead is dead. you legislate morality with a platform of Emotion.

I will continue to wear black socks or white socks because I can. By the way, how many stockings have murdered people in America.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

The link was short and sweet but it was the truth, there's no getting away from that. This is a discussion about firearms I don't see what bows & arrows and submarines have to with it? But they too have a history in killing I suppose.

Now I have some issues about saying Guns were only made to kill two legged humans... but whatever. Like you say yourself.....Your using logic from a far distant past to justify arguments in the present.
(I know it's hard to bash someone else for something then not do it yourself? You could try though.......It's bad when it's so blatantly done)

Sorry I don't quite get this bit, any chance you can expand on it more, please

This includes COMPETITION, Sports and something that those that make great fun of family life these days could never grasp as a concept. In American life, guns have also served as a point of bonding between Father and Son for generations going back to General Washington. Such as it was between my onw Father and I.

You might find it odd, but I agree with you on this point, its a part of American life but just because it is does that mean it shouldn't change has times change, or be looked at as a prvilage thats earnt and not a libity.

The fact is...you are among a half of this nation that WILL FORCE your views upon my half. My half is already FAR past sick of the superior attitudes and "Daddy" complex the Government of today has.....this crap won't go much longer before the push back comes and it'll be BAD when it starts. Like I point out....the side doing the pushing? Generally couldn't fight their way out of a paper bag with directions and a flashlight.

I'm a brit, I Know "who am I to tell an America what to do", but America has been doing that to the rest of the world for years!
You didn't fight back when the banks took most of your homes and money, you didn't fight when bush took your country to war. I find it odd that you talk about being pushed around, your goverment has been doing that for years.
Can I ask What you think should happen to gun owership after so many shooting??

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
reply to post by Kurokage

Funny though... Like firearms, all of the above found their way into many many other uses in the modern world. This includes COMPETITION, Sports and something that those that make great fun of family life these days could never grasp as a concept. In American life, guns have also served as a point of bonding between Father and Son for generations going back to General Washington. Such as it was between my onw Father and I.

Good job on sugarcoating something that is made for vile purpose. Its like saying a dad and son picking on little kids at the school is not bullying but a form of relationship... (i suck at metaphor lol)

So...because some psychotic killers who could (and HAVE) as easily used knives, explosives and blunt objects to just bludgeon people to death as well.....used firearms in recent massacres? We should tear our Constitution to pieces and turn our whole way of life upside down?

But.. its funny...all these possible weapons... BUT THEY ALMOST ALWAYS go for a GUN. Makes you think don't it? about its READILY availability and Lethal force?

Of course, they are normal citizen one day, once they go on a rampage, they get excluded as "mentally ill" or "psychotic", so others can save face.

Like I point out....the side doing the pushing? Generally couldn't fight their way out of a paper bag with directions and a flashlight.

People who oppose innocent death are dumb.. oh the irony.

Gun owners are living in delusion they can fight against the government, they have no chance to go against government forces. If government wants, they can come to your door and ask for your guns and all you can do is shut up and hand over... what most people have is a fake sense of free will they think they have.

Government is just keeping you "happy" until its time. AND that time will close as more incidence happen due to abuse of guns.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   

And compared to the rest of the world how many gun totting lunies have gone on the rampage in American??

You need to take responsabilty for actions in American when it comes to gun ownership, most of you would prefer to jump up and down like a child when you take his toy away and just skip past the part of discussing the problem like adults.

actually I only need to take responsibility for and conduct myself as a good and wholesome, law abiding citizen PERIOD.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   

the cup of agrument you use holds no water when the intent of "MASS MURDER" is acted out in any way, sans the EVIL SEMI AUTOMATIC WEAPON

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Yes "the intent of mass murder" can have various outcomes... DEPENDING on the Availability of the Weapon and ts lethality.

China, rampage, 0 Death

American, rampage, 20+ Death.

Difference.. KNIFE VS GUN.

Why are you against Stricter gun laws(if you still don;t get what this means, its means, gun is still available)? do you want retards to carry guns and act like its the wild wild west?

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   

I'm a brit, I Know "who am I to tell an America what to do", but America has been doing that to the rest of the world for years!

OK fair enough...we will save the thread of the Brits and the Irish and the Scots for another day, shall we?

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   

thing is there are VERY strict laws already...

why do you think MORE laws will magically change human nature?

Look up american gun laws in any state. They are VERY thorough for the most part. You cant buy any old gun you want. Even their transportation and storage is covered. Everything.

We are not against gun laws. We have been dealing with them for some time now. Its no big deal to us.

edit on 20-12-2012 by zedVSzardoz because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Your idea of gun contol is a credit check before you buy!!

How about a criminal record check/mental health check and the seller of the weapon should aslo be responsible for checking you know how to handle said weapon, how about new owners having to have there premises checked to make sure your weapons are safe and secure. How is any of this affecting your rights if you are of sound mind???

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   

do you want retards to carry guns and act like its the wild wild west?

you want to call honest people in America " Retards " Not responding to you any more.

somebody needs a time out here!!!

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   

we do have that.

If you have a criminal back round, you cant own a gun, for any purpose. You have to go through a difficult process in most states for a restricted purchase, and to get your gun license for concealed carry is A PAIN IN THE ASS.....everything from character references they DO call and check, to psychological exams and interviews.

You have to provide ID for EVERY purchase. They run your ID and if you are good, you can buy a rifle at a gun show or store. If it is concealed, you have to wait a few weeks, and have a valid license.

Please look at the current laws for Gun ownership and sales in the US and see for yourself why we dont know what more they want?

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by alphabetaone

American is an adjective that describes anything pertaining to America. America is where "rampages" take place. America is where "responsibility for gun ownership - needs to take place". I would appreciate it if you're so intent on worrying about America's rights, that you at least have some basic knowledge of the grammar associated with describing us, seeing as you keep using it incorrectly in almost all of your posts.

I'm so sorry!!! (sarcasm)

This is the western world I'm talking about. not Cambodia

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by zedVSzardoz

Please explain how a mom had 5 GUNS, who had a "mentally ill" kid, how did she get out of the loop. Was she properly training on how to store the guns?

They need to do Criminal check, Psych test, and family living with the gun owner, and their well being. And occasional, re register to see if they still have the gun with them and have not modified(sawed off, etc) it.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Your idea of gun contol is a credit check before you buy!!

How about a criminal record check/mental health check and the seller of the weapon should aslo be responsible for checking you know how to handle said weapon, how about new owners having to have there premises checked to make sure your weapons are safe and secure. How is any of this affecting your rights if you are of sound mind???

you make yourself apparent that you have never purchased a fire arm in AMERICA from a legitimate Dealer and also apparent you dont know what you talk about
edit on 20-12-2012 by racer451 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Umm no, im talking about people who just want on rampage or might possibly have the tendencies to, oh wait, you consider these murderers honest Americans? oh it all make sense why you would be against stricter laws.
edit on 12/20/2012 by luciddream because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   

so if I have a sick child, I cant own things that they can not?

that is just so retarded I dont know if you deserve a response.

She is guilty of not storing them properly.

He is a crazy person who should have been sent to the looney house long ago.

EDIT:
"hey honey I am going to buy an x-rated movie for tonight, ok, get some lube......."

"NOOOOO we have a minor in the house!!!! What on earth are you thinking frank?!"

link   

There are other contries other that America, you know!!

I mean regular testing, like once a year to keep your firearms license.

link   
No government measure is about safety or savings lives.

Ban tobacco and invest in safer road/traffic engineering. There, I just saved half a million lives a year.

Nooooooooo Lets focus on this little piss puddle that is gun related deaths. That makes sense.

Dont for a second confuse politically expedient posturing for actual concern for well-being.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by luciddream

Umm no, im talking about people who just want on rampage or might possibly have the tendencies to, oh wait, you consider these murderers honest Americans? oh it all make sense why you would be against stricter laws.
edit on 12/20/2012 by luciddream because: (no reason given)

name the ones that are planning rampage please. we will set out this list to all law enforcement agencies and will stop all future crime right now in "The West"

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join