It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mosque Arsonist Tells Judge: "I Only Know What I Hear On Fox News"

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 07:26 AM
link   
reply to post by The X

What makes Fox so different from here though? If someone in court stated they believe that the NWO is about to round everyone up and gas them, and they read all about it on ATS, that's a potential reality is it not?

This is about the mind of the individual. He's watching Fox news and choosing to believe everything they say, and then acting on it.

Someone here could be reading all about how the government wants to take all their guns so the NWO can take over and start their genocide. Would ATS be to blame for that?

We all know what happened when Anders Behring Breivik slaughtered so many people - we all asked if he was an ATS member and if we'd perhaps spoken with him. Every time something like that happens a lot of us ask if it's an ATS member who lost their ****.

And then we do nothing about it, nothing changes. We have the same delusional discussions about all kinds of things and then we're shocked again when a kid goes and shoots up his school, asking ourselves whether he's a member.

I think it's a little odd to be pointing out the BS in the MSM, while supporting or ignoring so much of it in our own community.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Maybe I'm totally wrong here.. But perhaps this guy was trying to make a point? Maybe he was slightly twisted but understood that the media is conducive to violence, hate and prejudice. Obviously he shouldn't have burned a mosque, that is among the worst ways to forward a cause.. but it would however get the point across that everyone should be more critical for the media, and the media should be more responsible for what they produce.

Perhaps this guy took one for the team?

ONLY playing devil's advocate here. It's probably more likely that he was just an idiot.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 07:52 AM
link   
guy believed all the propaganda he was fed .... all media is state run media with the sole purpose of feeding the public propaganda ... just surprised they havent had more incidents of that nature with how the propaganda machine in amerika has been force feeding the public since 11 sept 01 ... the guy is one more victim ...

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 08:06 AM
link   
Well, this is depressing...

You have to realize, though. The problem doesn't lie with the news source, whether it's ATS, Fox News, CNN, MSNBC or whateverhaveyou. The problem lies with the person - who, for one reason or another, can only be described as having lived in his own, very small, world, where Fox News was the only contact with any form of remote reality of Islam, that he had.

In other words, he was watching ONLY Fox News, none of the other news sources, so it wasn't that other news weren't available to him. It's that he chose to live in this small bubble of twisted reality, where Fox News was the only news source to gain knowledge about Islam, from.

I guess what I'm trying to say, again, is the problem fundamentally lies with him, not with Fox News - even though I'm the first to admit their political views are not healthy.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by detachedindividual
reply to post by The X

What makes Fox so different from here though? If someone in court stated they believe that the NWO is about to round everyone up and gas them, and they read all about it on ATS, that's a potential reality is it not?

This is about the mind of the individual. He's watching Fox news and choosing to believe everything they say, and then acting on it.

Someone here could be reading all about how the government wants to take all their guns so the NWO can take over and start their genocide. Would ATS be to blame for that?

We all know what happened when Anders Behring Breivik slaughtered so many people - we all asked if he was an ATS member and if we'd perhaps spoken with him. Every time something like that happens a lot of us ask if it's an ATS member who lost their ****.

And then we do nothing about it, nothing changes. We have the same delusional discussions about all kinds of things and then we're shocked again when a kid goes and shoots up his school, asking ourselves whether he's a member.

I think it's a little odd to be pointing out the BS in the MSM, while supporting or ignoring so much of it in our own community.

It isn't a case of ignoring the BS in our own community, ATS has innate safety mechanisms, there are so many great and articulate people here, we have the opportunity to attempt to assuage other members if they express an extremely radical or potentially aggressive viewpoint that feeling so strongly about something isn't always the right way to be, here we have the opportunity to release pressure, and we have all seen a post at some point that shows how angry the current world and the way it is can make us.

Now, how many times have you watched a MSM news outlet that has spewed a piece of news into the airwaves that you know is not correct, it goes out, there is no chance to make a rebuttal, 30 million people have just been programmed willfully by an agency with an agenda, with a lie.

At least here on ATS if you see something that is obviously BS you have the opportunity to point out its a crock o' #e, not much in the way of idiocy is left unassailed by the presence of so many great and wonderful people.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 08:15 AM
link   
reply to post by The X

There was the story about a woman who threatened to fire all of her black employees if they voted for Obama, and she wrote “KKK” on their time cards. Her excuse? “I think I got crazy with FOX News, watching too much FOX News

Nothing strikes anyone as odd here?

Is Fox News filled with racist stories that urge people to do such things as this woman did? I watch very little television news, but I can't imagine that the NAACP and other groups would tolerate it if they did.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 08:27 AM
link   
That channel has Bill ' o ' Reilly....as a source of KNOWLEDGE
need i say more?

Average Fox news Edumakation...

Yes can Bill, Yes We Can!

edit on 12/21/2012 by luciddream because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by korathin Recently muslims in egypt began kidnapping Christian gal's and raping them until they became muslim.

Thanks, that gave me a giggle.... Didn't know you could be raped into being a Muslim... How much rape is required for that? Does the amount of rape needed depend upon which religion you're attempting to rape into someone? So, maybe.. A little bit of rape makes you an episcopalian but a bit more rape makes you a Southern Baptist.... What if they accidentally over-rape? Can they un-rape them a bit to get just the right mix of nonsense required?

In regards to the discussion about responsibility.... I am all for personal responsibility and I think this guy is, of course, answerable for his crimes...

BUT..

We have laws here in the uk (and I suspect elsewhere) that make things like 'inciting racial hatred' a serious crime. If I encourage people to commit violence against someone else based on race (or sexuality etc) then I can be charged with a crime, and if they commit violence then I am held just as responsible as they are... It's not a case of either/or it's all parties concerned that are held to account... Personal responsibility applies just as much to those who produce the 'news' as those who consume it....

Do what I did, get rid of your tv altogether, it's a liberating experience...

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by PvtHudson
This [post is funny on a forum where most of the members get their news from what amounts to a Democrat party propaganda machine.
you hit that on the head , the lefties act like fox news is the cause of everything lol, wow
edit on 21-12-2012 by blackz28 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Milkflavour

Thanks, that gave me a giggle.... Didn't know you could be raped into being a Muslim... How much rape is required for that? Does the amount of rape needed depend upon which religion you're attempting to rape into someone? So, maybe.. A little bit of rape makes you an episcopalian but a bit more rape makes you a Southern Baptist.... What if they accidentally over-rape? Can they un-rape them a bit to get just the right mix of nonsense required?
Reading about women being raped makes you giggle?

Rape has historically been used as a method of torture. Sometimes, bad people torture other people to get them to do what they want, include convert to another religion.

I wonder how much you would giggle if you were the one being raped repeatedly?

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   
WAKE UP PEOPLE!!! This guy is obviously a patsy set up by Obama and his cronies to try and discredit fox news. Obama is so worried about fox news talking about benghazi he had to pull this stunt.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   
MSM is a joke. Propaganda at it's best. Why I like sites like ats etc...

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by detachedindividual
reply to post by The X

Reality is an absolute. The realities of right and wrong, good or bad, legal and illegal, do not change dependant on what news source a person follows. A person is expected to have the common sense not to believe everything they hear, and to have the decency to remain sober enough to excersize proper judgement in a given situation. Wether we are speaking of someone shooting people because of something that they saw here on ATS, or setting fire to a Mosque because they watch Fox, this kind of apologism has to end.

Yes, which makes HIM an idiot.

Yes, you know why we ask that question? Because like concerned citizens of the world, we want to know when there is something we could be doing much better than we are currently. For instance, when there was the issue when Gabby Giffords took one in the head, we were mortified that one of our number was potentially responsible. Since that day, I have been, or tried to be, more careful with the members who exhibt breaks with reality, and disassociative responses to written stimuli. We are not responsible for our fellow members behavior, but we are responsible for our own toward them, and that we should be mindful of, and are in our better moments at least.

Well as my above statement shows, things did change when the possibility last came up. We continue to discuss the esoteric, the bizzare, the downright insane, because that is the subject matter which interests us, for one reason or another. Are you suggesting that no one should talk about nuclear physics because atom bombs are scary as hell? Of course not, and you wouldnt suggest that the topic of disussion here should change, just because when someone dangerous reads it, the material could provoke a violent reaction!

I think that the only way to remedy that BS which is here detatchedindividual, is to ensure that YOU do not post BS, and trust other members to do the same. You should ensure that you treat the obviously unstable among us with respect and awareness, and monitor your OWN conduct to keep it quality heavy, and BS light. That is all any of us can do. You know why? Because none of us get PAID to write the news. We arent, all of us, getting paid to inform a nation, and the site does not have as large of a viewership as the fox network either. Also, the site itself does not bias a person toward one or another veiw, instead it presents all veiws, often together in the same thread when a healthy debate or discussion is occuring.

Fox provides one, JUST one view. Thiers. Thier bigoted fascist agenda is all that spews forth from that den of filth. Fox, cancelling great shows, and giving you crap news! Thats all they do! And they do that despite having a broadcast agreement with government, despite being paid to do journalism. Sure, ATS members sometimes have all the legitimacy of a rubber sandwhich and a cup of tea made with food colouring, but at the end of the day, we are just citizens of the world on no budget. Fox is a propeganda machine worth billions. Comparing them is like putting a mouse and a lion in a race, and expecting one of them not to get eaten or beaten.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy

Reading about women being raped makes you giggle?

Rape has historically been used as a method of torture. Sometimes, bad people torture other people to get them to do what they want, include convert to another religion.

I wonder how much you would giggle if you were the one being raped repeatedly?

Haha.. Ahhh.. I was waiting for this... Wrote it down and sealed it in a brown envelope before I wrote my first post....

Gotta love the deliberate missing of the point there...

Sigh... Right: as is painfully obvious to anyone with a brain cell I was not suggesting that rape is a jolly jape, a right tummy tickler or a cracking wheeze... What I was EVIDENTLY laughing at is the suggestion that anyone can be raped into believing in a particular religion..

The utterly misinformed, propagandist claptrap followed by the right on, Internet knight in shining armour leftie deliberately (or maybe stupidly) missing the point in order to wade in and appear righteous....... Many many internets to you sir... This site never fails to deliver....

Oh and you can't, irregardless of what you do to someone, MAKE them believe something that they don't want to... You might make them say things you want to hear but, isn't that a little pointless if your mission is to actually convert people?
edit on 21-12-2012 by Milkflavour because: Removed some of the less pleasant parts before I got told off

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   

reply to post by The X

There was the story about a woman who threatened to fire all of her black employees if they voted for Obama, and she wrote “KKK” on their time cards. Her excuse? “I think I got crazy with FOX News, watching too much FOX News

Nothing strikes anyone as odd here?

Is Fox News filled with racist stories that urge people to do such things as this woman did? I watch very little television news, but I can't imagine that the NAACP and other groups would tolerate it if they did.

i think you may have missed the link, they didn't fall into the original post as i meant them too, the story is true, please read the article at the link. Link to article

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by The X

Wow?! Seriously, they actually said those things on the news??? Holy shhhhizz.... I can't believe they weren't fired?!

I'm not trying to get into a uk is better than us thing here but if those things were said on the news here in the uk the person saying them would be hung, drawn and quartered...

My personal 'favourite':

Bill O’Reilly: I couldn’t get over the fact that there was no difference between Sylvia’s restaurant and any other restaurant in New York City. I mean, it was exactly the same, even though it’s run by blacks"

EVEN THOUGH IT'S RUN BY BLACKS?

Seriously?
edit on 21-12-2012 by Milkflavour because: My personal favourite added

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Misbah
A perfect example of how non-muslims in Europe and probably Americans think. It's exactly like that in Sweden, where I live, they only know what is portrayed in media and they won't do any research. Those who research about Islam are very humble and gentle towards muslims. Those who follow media are more likely to stand against it in arrogance.

It just shows us the greatness of having a school to learn from, but it also shows us what media has achieved so far in spreading its agenda. It's the duty of every American to do something about it, America is a democracy isn't it? I'm getting the feeling that this is a major deception.

No, it's a Republic!

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   
This is just more proof of how the media can really manipulate people. My family always listens to what the media, and most of the time they actually believe in it. But for this man, it went too far.
edit on 21-12-2012 by extraterrestrialentity because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   

What I was EVIDENTLY laughing at is the suggestion that anyone can be raped into believing in a particular religion..

Look at what you posted, that I had quoted before... See the word 'believe' anywhere? I didn't see it evident.

I am just glad that I am not a person that giggles about rape and then parses his words to play a game.
edit on 21-12-2012 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   

What I was EVIDENTLY laughing at is the suggestion that anyone can be raped into believing in a particular religion..

Look at what you posted, that I had quoted before... See the word 'believe' anywhere? I didn't see it evident.

I am just glad that I am not a person that giggles about rape and then parses his words to play a game.
edit on 21-12-2012 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

Right, so you'd have been fine if I'd have put "I wasn't aware someone could be raped into believing in Islam" rather than "... Being raped into being a Muslim"? Cos I was kind of assuming that people would get the gist... You know, it seemed pretty EVIDENT as I read it back that I wasn't laughing at rape and actually at the suggestion that someone could be raped into being a muslim/believing in Islam (if you'd prefer)..

Whatever anyway, I know what I meant and I'm pretty sure most other people would get what I was saying... If you prefer to try and be some kind of lame Internet pseudo-hero with his undies over his trackies, sat at his PC with a hard on for 'justice' (actually, just creating strife where there is none so you can swoop
In and 'save the day' haha..) then fine man, go for it, if it makes you feel better... Here, I'll give you a leg-up...

I think rape is actually just SO funny! I crack up EVERY time!

There you go, have fun...

(ps. For those with a broken sarcasm detector, I'm looking at you USA!, I'm not actually being serious!)

Edit: * awaits accusations of xenophobia/racism for mentioning USA has a problem detecting sarcasm*
edit on 21-12-2012 by Milkflavour because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join