It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mosque Arsonist Tells Judge: "I Only Know What I Hear On Fox News"

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by ausername
Who is responsible for words? Who is responsible for actions?

Example: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Originally posted by Pelvi
And you wonder why the suicidal youth cant be a little more productive and take out WBC rather than a couple dozen kids -.-...

I mean forreal.. If WBC got shot up it would be a south park show, Tosh.O show, every comedian would cover this, they would become a hero...

These suicidal kids who want to make a mark should pick there targets more wisely..

Now, what IF, someone actually was inspired by that, and at their trial explained to a judge that they did it because of a post they read on ATS?

Is it ATS at fault, or the poster, or the criminal?

Serious questions.

Do you honestly not know the answer?

Nobody forced the criminal to do anything.

YOu head down that road and retty soon all the writers are in prison.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 08:58 PM
link   
This is not surprising....this is how we were sold the first world war...the second world war...the Korean war...The Vietnam war....The iraq war the Afghanistan war....and a few i havent mentioned.....
The superficial reasoning power of the TV educated people leaves them but pawns in the game of power....

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Montana

Originally posted by begoodbees
Can anyone give an example of fox news lying about something? I don't watch any cable news so I am just wondering if this is based in fact or if people are just regurgitating stuff they see/hear form opposing stations and political figures/supporters.

Admittedly from a biased site, but...

link

Wow, that is disturbing on many levels, not only are the news organizations corrupt but the fcc and courts are protecting the corruption. Anything to protect monsanto right?

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Guenter

Originally posted by bjax9er
reply to post by n00bUK

Yeah let's restrict freedom of the press.
After all when the constitution was written we only had quell pens and manual printing presses. The first amendment was meant for another time in history.
Lets ban free speech, or at least get that speech approved by a government official after a 30 day cooling down period.

Sound good commies?

Maybe you should take some time and begin to understand why we humans have a language beyond the arning and mating calls of other species. Language evolved in order to explain more and more complex ideas. After all as we evolved from more than just using rocks to bang nuts open, started building houses, navigated the seas and so forth, things needed a bit more words than just alarm cries. So language is meant to pass on knowledge and information. A free press is meant to do exactly that. INFORM us! And if we find it logical to be a bad idea to yell FIRE in a crowded theatre, then a news org. should know better than to spew sensless hate and semi-truth around.
Andd for your lovely signature: Communism means COMMUNAL, after all we are a SOCIAL species.

What are you talking about?

Iam not actually calling to restrict free speech.
Iam using the same degenerate argument against the first amendment, that the left is using against the second amendment.
And doing so sarcastically.

And communism is a top down authoritative dictatorship.
Not a happy go lucky commune.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Close.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 09:53 PM
link   
I already knew that Fox News is watched mainly by sheep, and this just confirms my beliefs. I'm sure that the majority of users on this forum have found out what Fox News is really all about, but too many apparently still get their "news" from this trainwreck of an MSM network. The founder of Fox said, and I quote, "It is not about promoting the truth, but about promoting an ideology."

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Fox news might not be diectly responsible for this mans actions, but i think some people are too afraid to admit that it is entirely possible that tis man would NEVER have done what he did if it werent for the endless tirade against anything Muslim on Fox News and conservative talk radio. They also refuse to admit that the fact that Fox News pesents itself, not only as a source of news, but an unbiased one at that leads people to take the information they put out there and treat it as if it were fact, not opinion. They use rhetoric day in and day out that implies anyone who does not agree with them is a godless, unpatriotic, terrorist sympathizer. Essentially, if you dont agree with what fox news is saying, then you must also hate America.

Many conservatives see things as black and white. This means they also cant seem to comprehend that the human mind doesnt need to be told things point blank in order to infer the true meaning behind a persons words. Oddly enough, some of these same conservatives (the more publicly prominent ones) seem to have taken classes to use rhetoric very effectively so as not to be obvious about whats idea they are trying to convey. Then, when someone infers the meaning they are trying to send (dubbed "dog whistling") theY can claim innocence because they never expressly said to burn down a mosque, for example. They never suggested Obama be killed like bin laden when they put up a billboard that said, we removed one threat to America in May, let's take out the other in November". Bill O'Reilly didnt mean Tiller should be killed when he repeatedly called him a baby killer and rapist roaming the streets freely,, a crime that carries not only the death penalty but also a lot of emotional baggage. Sarah Palin didnt mean that Gabriel Giffords should be shot when her campaign placed a sniper site over her district and said she shold be taken out.

There IS a huge difference between liberal and conservative propaganda in that the conservative media demonizes (ungodly, godless, terriorst sympathizers) and dehumanizes (baby killer, illegal aliens, feminazis) its opponents making it easier for proponents to commit hateful acts against them. They also use repetitive phrases throughout the daily programs. Its scary to see this in action. Repetitiveness is a very effective tool to create habitual thought patterns, especially ones that involve anger and hate.

Of course, any rebuttal to this will involve bringing up CNN, MSNBC, etc., but we aren't discussing those networks. We are discussing Fox News. I'm not sure how bringing these up is evidence that the accusaions against Fox aren't true or are at least valid.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by The X

Fancy throwing 20 years of your life away based on an action fueled by the information on fox news.

This isn't the first time hateful actions have been inspired by the output of fox news into the wider community.

There was the story about a woman who threatened to fire all of her black employees if they voted for Obama, and she wrote “KKK” on their time cards. Her excuse? “I think I got crazy with FOX News, watching too much FOX News

www.newscorpse.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

Good excuse. NOT.

Anyone who watches a television program and allows it to fuel their violence and then get sentenced to jail for it is exactly where they belong. Absolute nutbags without a LEGITIMATE claim to insanity deserve zero sympathy.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 11:46 PM
link   
A lot of ATS members have the same mentality.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 12:59 AM
link   
I figured out a long time ago that all of those cable news stations are just political propaganda machines. There is no honest news anymore.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 01:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by begoodbees
Quran (8:12) - "I will cast terror into the hearts of those who disbelieve . . . .
No reasonable person would interpret this to mean a spiritual struggle.

The paragraph is in reference to the historical battle of of Badr
and the statement was directed to the angels at that time
not 2012. . . . taking out their fingers the enemy would not be able to carry their weapons thus neutralizing the enemy. But again that was referring to a historical battle. (you need to read the full paragraph as not to take things out of context)

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 02:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Misbah
A perfect example of how non-muslims in Europe and probably Americans think. It's exactly like that in Sweden, where I live, they only know what is portrayed in media and they won't do any research. Those who research about Islam are very humble and gentle towards muslims. Those who follow media are more likely to stand against it in arrogance.

It just shows us the greatness of having a school to learn from, but it also shows us what media has achieved so far in spreading its agenda. It's the duty of every American to do something about it, America is a democracy isn't it? I'm getting the feeling that this is a major deception.

I really don't care about your pro-muslim lies. Muslims will rape, murder and oppress non-muslims the very first chance they will get. Recently muslims in egypt began kidnapping Christian gal's and raping them until they became muslim. Combined with muslims executing Christians and seeking genocide against non-muslims. Only an idiot cares about their enemy over their own civilization,and only the king of idiots believes the word of their enemies.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 02:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by nunya13

There IS a huge difference between liberal and conservative propaganda in that the conservative media demonizes (ungodly, godless, terriorst sympathizers) and dehumanizes (baby killer, illegal aliens, feminazis) its opponents making it easier for proponents to commit hateful acts against them. They also use repetitive phrases throughout the daily programs. Its scary to see this in action. Repetitiveness is a very effective tool to create habitual thought patterns, especially ones that involve anger and hate.

What a crock of it. Look at how the lovely lefties went screaming calling for every gun owner to be executed after the wake of the latest shooting, with the mdeia going out of it's way to demonize the opposition.
newsbusters.org...
newsbusters.org...
www.thegatewaypundit.com...
Plus look at all the lovely violence that has been directed

Plus all the Union violence:
abcnews.go.com...

Lastly, the lefts favorite hate movement: Feminism:
www.youtube.com...

This is why I hate lefties. Because the personnel is political and the political is personnel. That and lefties aren't that bright. Like in the last video, those Canadian kids are among the biggest trash this side of the Atlantic, but I digress.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 03:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Guenter

Well, real beers are called Ale, and you can only get a half way drinkable one, let alone a great one, in the British Isles. Every other nation that claims to serve beer, actually couldnt brew a beverage to save thier lives. Even European style larger is, in my opinion a waste of liquid.

If however, the fermentation that one is partaking of is both brown, possessed of a third of an inch of head, and tastes plesantly hoppy, then one might actually be drinking a half decent ale.

But no matter the brew one chooses to consume, forty five beers is still far too many to make a sensible choice on, and definitely not the correct percentage of blood alcohol to consume before embarking on a campaign of fire and misplaced vengance.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 05:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Unrealised
I don't even see how a person can be confused, or hate, or even see a difference in other people.

I'm not trying to sound like some long-haired hippy here, but I grew up thinking that people, no matter what colour or belief system they lived their lives by, were just people.

Is it really that hard, or unusual?

Try reading atlas shrugs every morning, or Jihad watch, rantburg, news you wont get on MSN, some of it is shocking, beheadings, Christians actually being crucified in Egypt, donmt know about Muslim 'honour killings'?
The Quran states, it is you duty to kill non Muslims!!

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 05:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by pikestaff

Originally posted by Unrealised
I don't even see how a person can be confused, or hate, or even see a difference in other people.

I'm not trying to sound like some long-haired hippy here, but I grew up thinking that people, no matter what colour or belief system they lived their lives by, were just people.

Is it really that hard, or unusual?

Try reading atlas shrugs every morning, or Jihad watch, rantburg, news you wont get on MSN, some of it is shocking, beheadings, Christians actually being crucified in Egypt, donmt know about Muslim 'honour killings'?
The Quran states, it is you duty to kill non Muslims!!

And there are fundamentalist "Christian" groups all over the world who do precisely the same things. This I say as a Christian myself. Also, unless you can prove that the vast majority of Muslims have killed an unbeliever, and are active in terrorism, the bias and hatred shown toward the entire religion is still unfounded, and should not be tolerated.

All fascists should be located and terminated with all possible haste, regardless of what thier professed religion might be, thats a given. But it is not true that all Muslims are terrorists, and regardless of what thier holy text says, they do not all make it thier business to kill those who do not follow thier faith. Its one thing to have an opinion on extremism, but to make out that all Muslims are involved with that activity is not accurate, and smacks of a xenophobia that can only be compared to that of the Nazis of old... whom, I might point out, got thiers, and got it back a thousand fold, and rightly so.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 06:53 AM
link   

Those who research about Islam are very humble and gentle towards muslims.

This is complete and utter bunk.

The man is a patriot.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 07:09 AM
link   
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be.

Its hard for some people to realise this and start thinking for them selves.
edit on 21-12-2012 by ThePeopleParty because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 07:17 AM
link   

A perfect example of how non-muslims in Europe and probably Americans think. It's exactly like that in Sweden, where I live, they only know what is portrayed in media and they won't do any research.

Research?

What research have you done. none.

We have a long history of immigration from all over the world, who always started by moving in. Then they put up their churches, followed by preaching. First they preach with words, and then with the sword. And we end up in a thousand years of slavery, and having to live next door to people like Anders Brevik, who just has to punish us for our lack of faith.

Mr. Breivik, is one remnant of this ancient invasion to Scandinavia, of the people who just had to murder us, because we had no faith. The only thing we had, was our ancestrial mythology ... that tells us, that we are Asian by origin, even if we are mixed with a lot of other blood, after thousands of years of slavery.

Do your own research.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 07:24 AM
link   
Former Marine: I burned Ohio mosque to avenge US troops

When asked by a federal judge whether he thought all Muslims are terrorists, he answered: "I'd say most of them are."

He estimated that he had drunk 45 beers over several hours before he decided to drive to Ohio.

Linn said he went room by room to make sure no one was in the building. "I was drinking a beer while I was doing that," he said.

Linn said he started to have second thoughts when he drove home. "Coming back, I thought, `What in the heck did I do?'" "I feel bad I did it," he said. "It's a little too late now."

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join