It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dec 21st 2012 "THE EXACT TIMES"... 3:11am PST - 6:11am EST

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

depends on how much you eat really. i never drink enough to lose time for safety sake. man i love orange goblin. funky as fuk

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by TauCetixeta

Yes. Excessive consumption of alcohol can lead to periods of missing time.

Good one!

I hope no one does anything too crazy.
The net is booming with new info today. It's like a document dump from the White House!!

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   
I'm actually excited about this. Today, I put a big roast in the crock pot and baked a huge chicken. Got plenty of food to munch on through the night/day. Have a nice bottle of courvoisier to sip on. Can't wait to see some of the funk that happens throughout tonight and tomorrow. I just hope no more crazy human crap. If it's bad, I hope it's only from aliens, galactic debri and such. I think I'll stay up all night as well.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Juggernog
reply to post by prevenge

Why should it be GMT and not the timezone that the the Mayan Peninsula is in, which happens to be CST for us.

Because listing it in GMT makes it easier to find out exactly when it is supposed to happen?
This is why we have universal timezone.
Edit: I guess you didnt know that it is supposed to happen during wintersolstice.
edit on 20-12-2012 by juleol because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   
I am very honest here, this is one of the more annoying threads.

Why? Because I would very much like to see the sources where it's actually claimed that this imaginary event would happen at exactly 11:11.

This is typical internet: Some person makes an entirely unfounded claim, puts it somewhere online and all of a sudden it becomes a "fact" - what does this show about the gullibility of people?

Oh wait...."someone" concluded that "the event" happens at exactly 11:11 since a few people on conspiracy forums saw 11:11 at their clock a few times? That's really convincing! /FACEPALM

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by flexy123

The time of the solstice is a calculated time, though it is tough to get it precisely right.
Whether or not the solstice has anything to do with anything (other than the days starting to get longer) is another matter.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Dont let phage fool you all. I was told by a confidential informant that Phage has bought an old missile silo in preparation for the doom tomorrow... and has a big bubble of plexiglass on top with a telescope taped to it.He just doesnt want to share the twinkies.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by flexy123
I am very honest here, this is one of the more annoying threads.

Why? Because I would very much like to see the sources where it's actually claimed that this imaginary event would happen at exactly 11:11.

This is typical internet: Some person makes an entirely unfounded claim, puts it somewhere online and all of a sudden it becomes a "fact" - what does this show about the gullibility of people?

Oh wait...."someone" concluded that "the event" happens at exactly 11:11 since a few people on conspiracy forums saw 11:11 at their clock a few times? That's really convincing! /FACEPALM

easy there Reacto.

the U.S. naval observatory calculated the solstice to be at 11:12 am universal time
Does the solstice have anything to do with the mayans putting importance on the 21st?
mmmmaayyyybeee?

we'll see...

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by prevenge
Does the solstice have anything to do with the mayans putting importance on the 21st?

What importance did the mayans put on the 21st? Where did you get that silly claim from?
edit on 20-12-2012 by hellobruce because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by TauCetixeta

Yes. Excessive consumption of alcohol can lead to periods of missing time.

LMAO!...

That shiz used to happen to me all the time!...Mayans or not! "How the hell did I get here and where is my car?"

I will be looking toward the sun in the morning...everyone enjoy your day...it will be a fine one...I am quite confident in that. There will be no terrible wrath pouring down on us...but...if it gets you out of your bed a few hours early....that is good...now get out there and watch the majesty of a rising sun...nothing quite like it...I can promise you that.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 10:28 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gridrebel
If it's bad, I hope it's only from aliens, galactic debri and such. I think I'll stay up all night as well.

The aliens only come/ascension only happens if you're asleep (LIKE SANTA). So be a good tin-foil hatter and get to bed!

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by hellobruce
What importance did the mayans put on the 21st? Where did you get that silly claim from?

I believe the Mayan long count ends/resets on the day that we would mark as 21 december 2012. Just because of that, it is significant.

That being said; where I live its 5:35 AM, december 21st and I'm kinda disappointed that it just seems like a normal thursday night nrbrbr
edit on 20/12/12 by SergeantTrammelant because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by SergeantTrammelant
I believe the Mayan long count ends/resets on the day that we would mark as 21 december 2012. Just because of that, it is significant.

Our calendar resets 31st december every year, so why isnt that as significant....?

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by hellobruce

Originally posted by SergeantTrammelant

Our calendar resets 31st december every year, so why isnt that as significant....?

Because ours repeats every 365 days, much less than the mayan long count.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 12:08 AM
link   
Well since Peter gersten is going to leap from the top of bell rock
In sedona Arizona today at 11:11 am...I'm guessing that's "the exact time"

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by AkumaStreak

Originally posted by Gridrebel
If it's bad, I hope it's only from aliens, galactic debri and such. I think I'll stay up all night as well.

The aliens only come/ascension only happens if you're asleep (LIKE SANTA). So be a good tin-foil hatter and get to bed!

haha! i've got my alien shaped cookies laid out, with my ascention punch nice and chilled. off to bed! eternity awaits!!!!

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 02:26 AM
link   

Why should it be GMT and not the timezone that the the Mayan Peninsula is in, which happens to be CST for us.

Some people just can't get past "timezone"-based thinking.

The Mayan calendar is not based on timezones, it's based on accurate telling of time. We later created timezones, and then had to retro-fit the Mayan way of telling time INTO the timezone-specific thinking.

Did you really think timezones existed in the exact same form thousands of years ago, as they exist now? Do you consider them some kind of permanent creations of the nature? Many of them are very arbitrary, and then there's daylight savings time, which is a complete fabrication, and so on.

Basically 'timezones' are an artificial concept, an 'agreement', if you will. Mayans did not have such an agreement. They told "when", and it's up to us to calculate what that means in modern time. When an event happens at a given moment, timezones only matter as a calculation of what that moment is, told in the language of the timezones. But it's still the same exact moment all over the world, so in that sense, timezones do not matter!

Why would you calculate the moment according to any Mayan peninsula, if you do not live there? It wouldn't make much sense, now, would it?

Time happens "outside timezones", and the timezones are just a tool to calculate "what the clock will show at a given location when the event happens" - it's not the other way around, like your question suggests. Sheesh! Please use your brain!

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 03:58 AM
link   
3:11am for me. I don't know if I can stay awake another hour or so. I must admit I'm curious, but I really don't think anything will happen.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 04:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

When the northern hemisphere has winter solstice does it mean the Southern Hemisphere has summer solstice at same time? According to how the earth is tilted away from the sun or however that is.
edit on 21-12-2012 by violet because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join