It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA Shows Us Another Mars Monolith?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 06:55 AM
link   
We are all aware that many people claim that life exists or previously existed on Mars. I believe that the following evidence lends weight to the hypothesis that there is sentient life on Mars, now.

Let us take a look at what usually turns out to be a boring and innocuous picture, taken by the MRO: NASA seems to love pictures of the dunes as the dry ice sublimates into the thin Martian atmosphere. One of the latest we looked at was that of defrosting dunes to be found at hirise.lpl.arizona.edu...

At first glimpse all seemed ordinary. Simple record keeping really. As with many Mars pictures though, and not always with any scientific surety or certainty, the pictures become difficult to interpret. This the major reason why robotic data collection is preferred over human interpretaion - humans are brilliant at seeing hidden patterns, but extremely prone to wrongful interpretation. Great for instant spotting of something, but not so good for empirical evidence building.

So there we were looking at this picture expecting to see the usual: discoloration of the surface soil; fanning due to CO2 sublimation (i.e. blown across the Martian surface by the wind); various laval veins; the odd rock or geographic feature, etc, etc.

ESP_029614_1105 lives up to all that. Then we looked closely at the defrosting/fan area near the bottom right of the picture:

We have surface discoloration and CO2 fanning... hmmm we thought. Something there did not seem right, or 'normal', what we have grown to expect. The CO2 fan seems odd: symmetrical, strangely grey-colored, and actually seems to be a structure rather than a surface marking caused by gaseous sublimation.

Here is a closer loook at the area in question:

Now, to me this looks like an old rock-looking monolith, embedded in the sand. Its shadow is to the left as we view it. The top of the sand dune is slightly above the object.

Closer examination of the object shows us things we do not believe:

1. Injured and bleeding "life form" lying atop the monolith - seems to be bleeding from a leg wound (?)
2. Directly below the "life form" appears to be a round (actually it appears to have two circular seams) door very well camoflaged to look like part of an old rock.
3. To the right of the "door" is a whitish broken line in the form of an arrow. One side of the arrow is flush with the eadge of the object; the vertex of the arrow points to the door.
4. A large camoflaged lever/hinge seems to connect the center of the circular door to the arrow. The "hinge" actually looks like one of the old fridge/chiller handles that used to be common.

Given the nature of this post I am sure there will be many nay-sayers who merely see what they have been conditioned to see. This is understandable, however we urge all to take a close look and figure out what this symmetrical object actually is.

Any ideas?

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 07:04 AM
link   
Sorry, but I'm not seeing any of those things you described
And to be honest I think most other people will struggle to see them.

Could you perhaps point them out with some arrows/circles?

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 07:14 AM
link   
it is black sent... like here trees on Mars

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Severin
Sorry, but I'm not seeing any of those things you described
And to be honest I think most other people will struggle to see them.

Could you perhaps point them out with some arrows/circles?

Hey no problem:

I am sure you can figure out what each differently colored thing is...

For reference, here's the un-annotated version:

Oh, yes, I expect a few people to hijack the thread with their own stuff, trying to do their descrediting thing. I won't comment on them.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 07:31 AM
link   
I see what you're alluding to.

Although, i'm more inclined to imagine (should this feature in fact actually be artificial) that the entire edifice is actually some kind of sculpture or monument, similar perhaps to our own war memorials.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 07:39 AM
link   
reply to post by MysterX

As to the purpose of the alleged structure, I really have no firm idea. Theories and explanation range from "it ain't a structure", "a natural rocky outcrop", "fossilized monolith", "camoflaged structure which is a shelter", "surface entry for underground thermal system", "WTF...?".

The question is, is are our eyes decieving us (yet again), or is it what it looks like?

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 07:40 AM
link   
Interesting of course there are TONS of stuff on mars that is clearly not natural. You can bet that nasa has a calculation on when and how to reveal that there is a civilization going on under mars but only when the time is right.

Just don't forget 1964

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 07:41 AM
link   
I have a question about these so-called 'dry-ice' or CO2 fan shapes.

If, as we are taught, dry-ice does not melt, but intead changes from a solid state directly to a vapour state (sublimation)...how does that account for the 'wet' streaks we see staining the Martian landscape?

If these wet fan patterns running down the dune slopes are indeed created by CO2 frost, sublimating once the temps are warm enough (-126C), and CO2 doesn't 'melt' (according to NASA) but goes directly from a solid to a vapour with no liquid phase...how are we seeing wet patterns, when all we should see are vapour clouds of CO2?

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 07:44 AM
link   
reply to post by thetiler

NASA is already well into the disclosure phase. Curiosity discovering its own plastic cable tie was the trial-run. Clearly it was synthetic and an unexpected object on Mars... did it lead to panic and riots? No. In fact hardly anyone even noticed.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 07:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Blister

To answer that, from our armchairs and computer chairs is next to impossible i'm afraid.

All we have is interpretation, speculation and instinctual feeling.

We'd either have to convince NASA or ESA to send a rover right up to the thing, and then we'd have to trust the images bing sent back are not doctored or altered before they are shown to us.

The only way to know for sure, is to go there and have a look.

Perhaps our great grandchildren will routinely travel around our Solar system and see for themselves someday.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 07:47 AM
link   
reply to post by MysterX

Look closely at the original image, and I believe you will spot small areas of whitish-colored mist or haze/blurring in addition to the fans. Just that the visible gaseous CO2 dissipates very quick. FYI, visit hirise.lpl.arizona.edu... for a quick 'n easy explanation.
edit on 19-12-2012 by Blister because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Ok, I had a little play about with the image to try to reveal more of what you suggest is there...

This improves the view of your lifeform, but as you can see there is also an area at the bottom left of the structure with the same value.

This image attempts to reveal the door area, theres definately something there but i wouldn't want to speculate about what it is exactly, especially when you take into consideration the possible scale of the object and it orientation to the surface.

You've got a good eye though cos I couldn't see ant of that without first playing with it in Photoshop

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 08:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Blister

Thanks.

The article in that link to HiRise, also states that there are quite a few scientists arguing exactly the same thing i am...are the fan 'flows' dry or wet....and if they're wet, the must be made by melting water ice, not CO2 ice, as the CO2 doesn't produce 'wet flows'...it turns to vapour directly, missing the liquid phase.

Found another human-like figure in that image....the bottom left fan shape, has this shape at the top of the fan.

Not saying it's anything other than a natural formation, but does look a little like your figure on the triangular shaped monolith.

(move the image slider to roughly the centre of the bar to see the figure)

edit on 19-12-2012 by MysterX because: added some info

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 08:25 AM
link   
reply to post by MysterX

Yes, there are a number of interesting aspects to the scene, however, as with most MRO images, most (if not all) is open to conjecture. Inadequate resolution, image artifacts, and debris make analysis very difficult.

As for it being some sort of life form? Who knows...

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Either way its interesting. It has the texture of petrified wood almost but must be massive.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by MysterX

If these wet fan patterns running down the dune slopes are indeed created by CO2 frost, sublimating once the temps are warm enough (-126C), and CO2 doesn't 'melt' (according to NASA) but goes directly from a solid to a vapour with no liquid phase...how are we seeing wet patterns, when all we should see are vapour clouds of CO2?
We aren't. We are seeing darker colored material (dust, sand) which has been dislodged by the escaping gas.

edit on 12/19/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Wait aminute, When you look at this picture

Originally posted by Blister

With this

Originally posted by MysterX
Found another human-like figure in that image....the bottom left fan shape, has this shape at the top of the fan.

I think we might have caught a martian murder mystery on our hands.

Really though it's hard to say what any of this is without a size perspective on this object. I do think it's cool that we can get such great pictures from another planet without having to have a person there to take them. Cool.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   
You know what I think? You guys see whatever you want to see but I'm quite sure what we are all looking at is nothing more than a rock that crashed into mars some time ago. No bodies bleeding. No grey aliens. Just a rock..
edit on 19-12-2012 by libertytoall because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   
I see a rock of some sort. I don't see 'what looks like a being' or 'what looks like a door' or 'what looks like an arrow' that's just stretching credulity. There are much less ambiguous, but strange looking pictures out there, and they're still rocks.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by smurfy

Hey, thanks for that.

You know, the object in question may well be a rock. Equally so, the object may well be synthetic. Bare in mind however, that some of the greatest human discoveries came about by disregarding, opposing and overcoming opposed thinking.
edit on 19-12-2012 by Blister because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join