It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO enthusiasts admit the truth may not be out there after all

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 11:18 PM
link   

UFO enthusiasts admit the truth may not be out there after all

www.teleg raph.co.uk

For decades, they have been scanning the skies for signs of alien activity.
But having failed to establish any evidence for the existence of extraterrestrial life, Britain’s UFO watchers are reaching the conclusion that the truth might not be out there after all.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 11:18 PM
link   
The Britain’s UFO watchers are losing hope and moving on due to the lack of evidence.

I personally don't blame them in my opinion there is so many disinformation and so many hoax that even a true picture or video would end in the "hoax bin".
i just don't see disclosure happening in my life time and i also believe that the governments of this world are hiding something about this and they are doing a good job repressing all this subject.

www.teleg raph.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 11:29 PM
link   
The truth is out there, MULDER said so.

That article is disinformation. Ignore it.

Trust MULDER.
edit on 18-12-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 11:41 PM
link   
So-so article (*yawn*).

Perhaps a more accurate, fitting thread title might have been something like,

"An exceedingly tiny percentage of former UFO-enthusiasts abandon the hunt..."

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 12:02 AM
link   
reply to post by jahlv

He said that far from leading to an increase in UFO sightings and research, the advent of the internet had coincided with a decline.

Assap’s UFO cases have dropped by 96 per cent since 1988, while the number of other groups involved in UFO research has fallen from well over 100 in the 1990s to around 30 now.

Im sure children all around the world will always continue to believe but there is no denying the fact that even though technology has got better there has been no new evidence to suggest visiting aliens.

edit on 19-12-2012 by MrMasterMinder because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 12:06 AM
link   
reply to post by MrMasterMinder

or maybe just maybe there a repression of that kind of news. We never no do we ?

+5 more 
posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 12:13 AM
link   
reply to post by jahlv

Now that's a textbook PSYOP disinformation article if ever I read one. The mountain of testimony and evidence proving the validity of the phenomena makes this article a joke.

edit on 19-12-2012 by Sublimecraft because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 12:27 AM
link   
I have not seen an unidentified craft myself but I do not rule out their existence.

How have so many people seen odd craft for centuries, it is an odd one to me as well.

I want to believe, it's just I can not seem to actually spot one whilst millions spot them each year.

This is very odd, it makes me wonder about mass hysteria...

Could it be that because I am skeptical in nature, I will never see a craft? I have asked myself this quite a bit. And trust me, I am a GIANT sci fi nerd. I want these to exist.

It is very odd that after all this time and with the technologies we have developed from tossing around sticks and stones, that there is just no 'real' proof.

All this time and still not enough proof to where science can unmistakably tell us that Extraterrestrial Craft does empirically exist. And again I want them to!

This is almost unnerving, for to me this may imply we are not yet 'advanced' enough to actually prove they exist. Maybe the crafts are actually there but we are still not advanced enough to satisfy our expectations of what reality is. We see them and have named them but for some reason they are still out of our grasp.

With all the well made UFO documentaries with high ranking officials discussing the existence of secret government cover ups, why is that not proof enough for science? Because we need to see it, touch it and experiment with it for it to be real. So for the sciences to accept this phenomenon as real, what do we need to do to prove their existence??

edit on 12/19/2012 by mcx1942 because: edit

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 01:07 AM
link   
Bunch of quitters
In all seriousness, we are never going to have solid proof unless the government admits it or our friends up there observing us want it to be known. I've been thinking disclosure was coming for the last decade and I'm getting frustrated with the topic at this point.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 02:32 AM
link   
This is the second article of this nature in the last couple of months. Weird. There's been quite an increase in the number of orange orbs been seen, especially in the last 2 months. Bull# Article!

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 03:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by mcx1942
I have not seen an unidentified craft myself but I do not rule out their existence.

I have and I still rule out the existance of extraterrestrials.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 03:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by WorShip
This is the second article of this nature in the last couple of months. Weird. There's been quite an increase in the number of orange orbs been seen, especially in the last 2 months.

How did you know that's what I saw?

freaky

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 03:31 AM
link   
One thing that always puzzles me about UFO's (without actually witnessing one myself) is why, in the age of everyone carrying cameras and social media, there has not been a proportionate increase in UFO/Crafts of Alien Origin sightings?

If you look at any other "rare but proveable" phenomena you can see mulitple videos and pictures all over the internet
(Comparable examples may include, Atmoshperic phenomena such as Ball Lightning or "Imps" or "baseball sized halestones"; all relatively rare in video evidence up untill the age of the camera phone but now caught many times and available for review on youtube.)

UFO footage (that are anything like believable) seems to have decreased with the prevalence of cameras which to me suggests there is an issue.

I dont blame them ; I've spent literally hundreds of hours watching the skies in America, Europe, Africa and Asia and never seen anything that I wouldnt describe as Man made or Natural phenomena
edit on 19-12-2012 by Jukiodone because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 07:16 AM
link   
The truth is out there, or more accurately, in there. It will find those willing to seek it.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 07:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Jukiodone

If you keep track of UFO sightings there are actually a few pics you find that never find their way to a thread on ats or anything like that. I have collected maybe 3 or 4 pictures of orange orbs from this month alone..

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 07:26 AM
link   
UFOs intelligently controlled by something other than us are real. Whether they are alien or not is the question

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 07:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sublimecraft
reply to post by jahlv

Now that's a textbook PSYOP disinformation article if ever I read one. The mountain of testimony and evidence proving the validity of the phenomena makes this article a joke.

edit on 19-12-2012 by Sublimecraft because: (no reason given)

i agree, the massive amount of reports from thousands of military sources, professional pilots, ocean liner officers, law enforcement, group sightings, and credible individuals, leaves no doubt to me that there is something out there that has capabilities far beyond our own.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 07:30 AM
link   
reply to post by jahlv

Strange that in South America they just started building up their "UFO capacities" isn't it?

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jukiodone
One thing that always puzzles me about UFO's (without actually witnessing one myself) is why, in the age of everyone carrying cameras and social media, there has not been a proportionate increase in UFO/Crafts of Alien Origin sightings?

If you look at any other "rare but proveable" phenomena you can see mulitple videos and pictures all over the internet
(Comparable examples may include, Atmoshperic phenomena such as Ball Lightning or "Imps" or "baseball sized halestones"; all relatively rare in video evidence up untill the age of the camera phone but now caught many times and available for review on youtube.)

UFO footage (that are anything like believable) seems to have decreased with the prevalence of cameras which to me suggests there is an issue.

I dont blame them ; I've spent literally hundreds of hours watching the skies in America, Europe, Africa and Asia and never seen anything that I wouldnt describe as Man made or Natural phenomena
edit on 19-12-2012 by Jukiodone because: (no reason given)

have you seen people with smart phones?......they never look up, they hardly have time to look striaght ahead for that matter....they are engrossed in their own little world of texting, angry birds, tweets, facebook comments, you tube clips, and mobile game playing, of every variety

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Just in 1964 alone was monumental !

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join